PDA

View Full Version : Sam vs. Chase

Funky G
11/30/2007, 03:01 PM
From the ESPN article: (Sam has played in one less full game than Chase)

Sam has just been phenomenal," Stoops said. "Listen, to me, Chase Daniel has just been fabulous. But here, look at Sam and compare.

"Chase has 33 [touchdown passes], and Sam has 32.

Bob Stoops has been impressed with his young quarterback's play this season.

"He has nine interceptions. Sam has seven.

"We average 44 points with him at quarterback. They average 42.

"I agree with all [who say] Chase is a fabulous player. But when you look at Sam, he needs to be considered pretty darn good as well. He has been phenomenal for us, the direction of the offense, very few mistakes. He has just been what you want."

And..

Sam beat Chase.

Pvt Joker7
11/30/2007, 03:05 PM
So, what you're trying to say is Sam for heisman?

flopshotjoe99
11/30/2007, 03:10 PM

he should get as much talk as Chase & the others.

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 03:22 PM
Chase = Bradford's b!tch

Youngsooner
11/30/2007, 03:26 PM

I wouldn't expect him to win, but the fact he's not even invited or even talked about seems obsurd

medstudent24
11/30/2007, 03:30 PM
I still take Chase right now. Next year, its Sam all the way but he's still a freshman and still learning whereas Chase is more battle-hardened with a little bit more of a football IQ right now.

Sam has had 2 awful games, which I attribute to the fact that every freshman is going to have those.

Chase has only had 1 bad game, and even in his bad game he put up 361 yards passing.

cheezyq
11/30/2007, 03:42 PM
I still take Chase right now. Next year, its Sam all the way but he's still a freshman and still learning whereas Chase is more battle-hardened with a little bit more of a football IQ right now.

Sam has had 2 awful games, which I attribute to the fact that every freshman is going to have those.

Chase has only had 1 bad game, and even in his bad game he put up 361 yards passing.

And the offense Chase plays in flings the ball all over the place with rarely a thought given toward the run. Sam plays in an offense that's designed to run the ball as much as possible. For him to put up those stats in a run-oriented offense is pretty impressive.

They're both great QBs, and Chase deserves strong consideration for post-season awards. But to leave Bradford out altogether is absurd.

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 03:54 PM
Chase eats booger, Sam doesn't.

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 05:52 PM
Bradford has averaged 235 yards passing a game and 18 completions a game.
Chase has averaged 330 yards a game and 30 completions a game

And you guys think Bradford is in the same league as a quarterback?
Give me a break. He is good and is going to be a sick qb in the future but dont even try and compare these 2 its no contest.
Chase is the man.

ps
Stoops is a high as a kite if he thinks Bradford should of gotten some Heisman talk.
Last time I checked they dont give out the Heisman to qb's who average 235 yards a game.

C&CDean
11/30/2007, 05:56 PM
You registered for that? Times must be tough up there.

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 06:02 PM
no just bored....

Civicus_Sooner
11/30/2007, 06:03 PM
You registered for that? Times must be tough up there.
heh

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 06:04 PM
no just bored....

NFL DRAFT

Bradford>Daniels

He's a midget........

badger
11/30/2007, 06:49 PM
The edge obviously goes to Chase.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3742/qbsce4.png
I mean, look at this page from ESPN... Sam doesn't even have the ball!

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 06:53 PM

two things you AREN'T taking into account......

JOSH

HEUPLE

he has had a hand in doing great things with every QB we've had since him.
name them off and i will guarantee you he has had a hand in everyone of their developemental process.

he will have sam ready.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 06:54 PM

that's what happens when you actually HAVE a running game.

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 06:59 PM
or you run the spread offense

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 07:01 PM
or you run the spread offense

exactly.......thanx for helping out with my point.

and why do you run the spread?

because your coach can't actually run anything else. no running game = spread.

why did we run it in 99?

because we didn't have the talent of everyone else we were playing.

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 07:02 PM
or you run the spread offenseYeah, we know nohing about he spread. We only brought it to the Big XII. :rolleyes:

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 07:03 PM
you think we run the spread offense because we can't run the ball?
Thats like saying the sooners run the ball cause they cant throw the ball.

get a clue

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 07:04 PM
care to explain how and win oklahomo brought the spread offense to the big 12?

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 07:15 PM
care to explain how and win oklahomo brought the spread offense to the big 12?1999, Mike Leach came with Bob and served as our offensive coordinator. Dill hole, welcome to division one football. This ain't intermurals brutha.

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 07:16 PM
Oh and it's "When" not "win."

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 07:19 PM
http://aliasfrequencies.org/son/images/pwn3d.jpg

danxxx1
lol....my bad on the grammical error.

I had no idea you guys ran the spread offense.
Sure doesnt look like it and it didnt look like it when Josh heupel was there either.
Maybe Mizzou just runs it better or maybe you just dont know what the spread offense is.

Jello Biafra
you think we run the spread offense because we can't run the ball?
Thats like saying the sooners run the ball cause they cant throw the ball.

get a clue

got plenty of clues thanks.

fact one. temple is small. period. 5'8" and 180? no way he stands up to the beating for a full season in a "standard" offense. if he could stand up to it, you would STILL be running a standard offense.

Fact two. you guys get good size lineman. how many of them can actually run block? there is a difference you know. if they could, you would STILL be running a standard offense.

fact three. do you have an offensive line that can sustain pass blocks? if you did, your qb would be under center more times than not doing three, five and seven step drops giving him the option of play action passes. he usually doesn't so......

fact four. do you have route runners that can actually run good, well disciplined routes? if you did, your qb would not be in the shotgun looking to get rid of the ball as fast as he can.

watch your offense saturday night. I mean really watch it. see if a 4 man rush with a blitzer is blocked consistantly enough to keep your qb clean. if your offense is relying on YAC for points.....you will lose more times than not. see: Red Raider offense.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:20 PM

Sure doesnt look like it and it didnt look like it when Josh heupel was there either.
Maybe Mizzou just runs it better or maybe you just dont know what the spread offense is.

Thank you for the blistering football analysis. And the point of saying this stuff here is....????

GO TIGERS!!!

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 07:24 PM

how many times have you jeese james cave humpin butt pickles played texas tech? id say that was/is a spread offense. think of that offense in RED. the EXACT SAME OFFENSE 1999.

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 07:26 PM

Maybe Mizzou just runs it better or maybe you just dont know what the spread offense is.Dude, you're clueless. We know what the spread is, we won a national championship running it 7 years ago. Again welcome to bigtime college ball.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:26 PM
how many times have you jeese james cave humpin butt pickles played texas tech? id say that was/is a spread offense. think of that offense in RED. the EXACT SAME OFFENSE 1999.

I've only humped ONE cave, FYI, and it was in college, so it doesn't count.

GO TIGERS!!!

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 07:28 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

as long as it was in college. for the record, what was his name ? ;)

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:31 PM
as long as it was in college. for the record, what was his name ? ;)

I can't remember which cousin it was...I was really drunk...:)

GO TIGERS!!!

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 07:31 PM
listen mufan....i have no idea what your deal is with me having a conversation with ou fans.
Seriously

to Jello Biafra

you points make sense and are well taken however

We have run the spread offense for the past 4 years so when they are looking for recruits to come to mizzou they look for those type of players.

the receivers run quick short routes and they are very fast, quick and can score when ever they touch the rock, Why would chase hang on to the ball?

I think the offensive lineman can run block fine...temple is averaging almost 5 yards a carry.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:34 PM
listen mufan....i have no idea what your deal is with me having a conversation with ou fans.
Seriously

I haven't seen a whole lot of "conversation" from you yet...maybe I'm just not understanding you.

GO TIGERS!!!

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 07:36 PM
I haven't seen a whole lot of "conversation" from you yet...maybe I'm just not understanding you.

GO TIGERS!!!

I'm on MUfans side. :D

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 07:37 PM
what do call going back worth talking about the game tomorrow?
If thats not a conversation I dont know what it.

I haven't been rude or classless....and I've been called a dill hole from the ou people and now I have to listen to you to??????

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 07:38 PM

I haven't been rude or classless....and I've been called a dill hole from the ou people and now I have to listen to you to??????

care to explain how and win oklahomo brought the spread offense to the big 12? -danxxx1

Saying Oklahomo isnt rude or classless? Do I need to dig up more?

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 07:39 PM

Geesh man, did you even go to school?

Big Red Ron
11/30/2007, 07:40 PM
and I've been called a dill hole from the ou people and now I have to listen to you to??????No, you may leave at any time.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:42 PM

Dude, just settle down and have some football conversation then. I'm not trashing you, just asking you to be civil. It's their board.

GO TIGERS!!!

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 07:48 PM
take a chill pill...i am being civil.. i'm not the one who "jeese james cave humpin butt pickles"
i already apologized for the grammatical errors.

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 07:49 PM
take a chill pill...i am being civil.. i'm not the one who "jeese james cave humpin butt pickles"

It's not just the grammatical errors, its also your stupidity.

Read your post history.

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 07:51 PM
stupidity? there you go again with your immature remarks....I am having typing problems today.

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 07:53 PM
stupidity? there you go again with your immature remarks....I am having typing problems today.

I'll say it again, read your post history.

birddog
11/30/2007, 07:55 PM
ps
Stoops is a high as a kite if he thinks Bradford should of gotten some Heisman talk.

should HAVE. not should of.

should have.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:55 PM

Just pretend that you are in a bar in Norman, and don't say anything on here that you wouldn't say in there.

GO TIGERS!!!

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 08:22 PM
We have run the spread offense for the past 4 years so when they are looking for recruits to come to mizzou they look for those type of players.

the receivers run quick short routes and they are very fast, quick and can score when ever they touch the rock, Why would chase hang on to the ball?

I think the offensive lineman can run block fine...temple is averaging almost 5 yards a carry.

riiight. NOW they are fast and can score when they touch the rock. what, in your football history, gives you the indication it has always been like that? it started working so, pinkel stayed with it. outside of a few of your starters, at this very moment, how many players were HEAVILY recruited by div I coaches? i can think of two on your roster right now from oklahoma that ive never even heard about. ever. one of them is a senior. not to say they aren't good players, just saying they weren't thought of as good players. hell, we mess up too. wes welker, for example, slipped right out from underneath our noses. but, for every wes welker there is 15 jimmy don ray smith III that amounts to nothing.

my point being, you run that type of offense for a reason. it is a high % pass offense. you get a couple of decent wrs and a qb that can walk and chew gum at the same time, you have an offense capable of putting up some serious stats. quick strikes down field gets you yac and scores. if it doesn't work, you recruit better lineman. ones that can actually block. now that qb has more time. that doesn't work, you get better wrs. now you're winning more and more games. but you're still coming up short. so now you go out and recruit a middle of the road running back. now you're starting to roll.

now you're winning about 75% of your games but you want more. now you go out and recruit lineman that can run block as well as pass block. now you run when YOU say you run and pass when YOU say youre gonna pass instead of when the defense gives it to you.

see what im saying? hello? mcfly?

your boy maybe averaging 5 yards per carry. against who? and why is he averaging that? is it because chase has just hit 15 straight pass plays and the defense is expecting pass? or is it because he lines up on 1st down and says we're running in the 4 hole......stop us if you can.

leech does it because he lives in a place where they don't know what the actual color of grass is, they have funny looking trees, the women all look like florence jean castleberry and he's recruiting against the likes of texas, A&M, OU and even OSU to some extent. now, if you throw in every other school that comes in to texas to strip talent, and then throw in every other insult i put out there, you're likley to find your answer. there are very few kids that are willing to spend 5 years of their life trying to run from building to building to keep from a major sun burn. or maybe they are scared of tortillas.......dunno.

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 08:23 PM
Bradford vs. Chase...man, that's apples and oranges. They're both good at what they do, they just do it completely differently in different systems. Daniel would not flourish in our multiple pro-set offense, though I think Sam could probably do okay in the spread, though he's not super-mobile.

The spread was built for guys like Daniel. This is like a Davey O'Brian and Sammy Baugh comparison. Or Fran Tarkenton and Johnny Unitas. They're just fundamentally so different the comparisons are difficult.

We do strive for a lot more balance in running and passing at OU, no question. I think Stoops and a lot of football coaches look at it as something of a gimmick offense that will impress folks, and as a fan it's probably fun to watch, but other than that it's not very sound. It was designed to allow players lacking classic football skills to overcome defenses with good football skills.

Lombardi was correct when he said football is really only blocking and tackling. If you do those two things well, you'll win.

The problem I see with the spread is it relies so much on one guy--the quarterback. You could argue we do too, and that's true as we found out at Texas Tech, though I think that has more to do with the individual (check out how Aaron Rodgers filled in for Favre last night). If the QB in the spread is having a bad game (like Tech had against Mizzou), that offense just doesn't go anywhere.

You really hedge your risks better by developing those skills. Mizzou is one injury away from being very ordinary, a la Oregon.

crawfish
11/30/2007, 09:41 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

I don't care who you are, that's funny. :D

Dan Thompson
11/30/2007, 09:48 PM
Chase has
More games
More passes
More completions
More experience

Sam has
1 less TD
Higher efficenty numbers

danxxx1
11/30/2007, 10:46 PM
Chase has
More games
More passes
More completions
More experience

Sam has
1 less TD
Higher efficenty numbers

chase also has a better completion percentage and a better scrambler

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 10:49 PM

I thought that was Sam? He leads the nation? Am I wrong?

And you would think that little midget would be a good scrambler, he's so short theres not that much weight he's carrying.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 10:57 PM

yeh......there are websites out there that say other wise.....

bradford doesn't have to scramble. it's called having an Oline. you might check into next time you guys make a run at the north.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 10:58 PM
there ya go cupcake........now what?

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2007, 11:18 PM
The number of passing attempts is no measure of quality, but rather a measure of the type of offense a team is running.

I don't which QB is better. We may find out more tomorrow night. I think both are outstanding, and nothing that happens tomorrow night will make me think otherwise. But to say that 30 attempts for 300 yards is somehow better than 20 attempts for 200 yards doesn't really make much sense. Completion percentage, yards per pass, interception percentage... all those are much more important measurements.

For the record, my vote for Heisman goes to Chase.

And can we quit talking about boogers? We should be above that.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 11:24 PM
We should be above that.

buuuuuuut we're not.

you think it's funny but it snot.

herewego
12/1/2007, 12:28 AM
I have an idea, let's wait until tomorrow night and then after the game we'll know who's offense (and defense) is best. If Mizzou wins then it really won't matter that Oklahoma recruits better, runs better, who has the best QB etc. etc.

What a novel idea.

The Preach Man
12/1/2007, 01:15 AM
I have an idea, let's wait until tomorrow night and then after the game we'll know who's offense (and defense) is best. If Mizzou wins then it really won't matter that Oklahoma recruits better, runs better, who has the best QB etc. etc.

What a novel idea.

With all due respect Herewego but we already trashed them this year. The game on Saturday is a game for THEM to prove something. We just have to take care of business. Once we beat them we will get no credit from anyone because "they havnt played anyone...bla bla bla".

Jello Biafra
12/1/2007, 01:27 AM

What a novel idea.

great idea.....

question. is your team the only team you saw this year drop an interception? just curious. because if it is....maybe us as fans should be yelling a lil louder at our 20 or so drops we've had. i just keep hearing about pig dropping that int like it was the key to the game or something.

goingoneight
12/1/2007, 01:38 AM

"Oklahomo" is not a grammatical error. It is a blatant insult, and we do not welcome disrespect toward OUr state and university.

Don't even think about claiming you've done nothing wrong again.

Vaevictis
12/1/2007, 02:18 AM

Regarding the completion percentage, you're grasping at straws. If Bradford completes one extra pass, then Bradford has the higher percentage. A difference of one completed pass does not create any kind of separation.

As far as a better scrambler is concerned, uh, let's just say (1) at 2.8 YPC, are you really going to hang your hat on this and (2) considering what happens to our QBs when they scramble, did it ever occur to you that our coaching staff might have some instructions on the matter that hinder his scrambling?

As far as the question of Bradford v. Daniel, it's a push. Across the board, the stats are similar, and where they're different, I personally believe that the differences are a product of coaching decisions, not the individual player. (ie, Daniel has more yards because Missouri just passes more often, and Bradford has more TDs per attempt because we pass less.)

Crucifax Autumn
12/1/2007, 03:04 AM
Or maybe we just choose the right play and punkel is retarded.

Spray
12/1/2007, 03:30 AM

Last time I checked they dont give out the Heisman to qb's who average 235 yards a game.

I would just like to point out to the math major here that the stat that actually matters would be yds/completion. Extrapolate (look it up, Timmy) and you will see that if Bradford found it necessary to complete 30 passes a game he would be averaging 391 yards/game. Of course, as pointed out, its not necessary because we have a balanced offense, and actually run the ball.

Last time I checked they don't give out the Heisman to QBs from Missouri.

PS- I still think Chase Daniel is a stud. Just not nearly the hard-on this guy thinks he is.

Crucifax Autumn
12/1/2007, 03:35 AM
Cjase is an asmunch, Can't wait to see him destroyrd!

Big Red Ron
12/1/2007, 11:55 AM
Cjase is an asmunch, Can't wait to see him destroyrd!It's booger munch, keep up man. ;)

dog-knee
12/1/2007, 09:23 PM
Re: Sam vs. Chase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by danxxx1

I would just like to point out to the math major here that the stat that actually matters would be yds/completion. Extrapolate (look it up, Timmy) and you will see that if Bradford found it necessary to complete 30 passes a game he would be averaging 391 yards/game. Of course, as pointed out, its not necessary because we have a balanced offense, and actually run the ball.

Last time I checked they don't give out the Heisman to QBs from Missouri.

PS- I still think Chase Daniel is a stud. Just not nearly the hard-on this guy thinks he is.

Best post I've seen all night.

StoopTroup
12/1/2007, 09:30 PM
That last 3 and Out Chase had was very studly.

Charla
12/2/2007, 12:46 AM
I agree that Chase oughta get the Heisman. And then promptly hand it to Sam and tell him thank you for giving him such a good lesson in QB 101. Sam-2 Chase -0. The biggest stat. of all.

Vaevictis
12/2/2007, 01:32 AM
Oh, and by the way danxxx1, just in case you missed it: Bradford now has the higher completion percentage.

... more passing TDs, 3 less interceptions, and more Yards/Attempt.

Suck it.