PDA

View Full Version : Lester to Michigan almost a done deal?

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 10:37 AM
I didn't see a thread witht his info in it so thought I would pass along...seems like they don't mind seeing him go.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=6245874

TUSooner
11/30/2007, 11:04 AM
Coaches + job changes = impossible situation.
If they are perfectly candidn, the team they are leaving will pillory thwem, and if the new deal falls through, they are like lame dUcks.
I think the best they can do is
1- NOT LIE
2-ADMIT THEY ARE NOT TELLING EVREYTHING
Saban failed both tests. Les has done much better, I think.
Some LSU fans are going to hate him no matter what. But I have heard others say it's perfectly understandable for him to go to his alma mater & dream job.
Few LSU fans want to belive that LSU is not an "end job", but a stepping stone. It's very high-ranking stepping stone, for sure, and an improving reputation since Saban's success, but not quite the job where the coach arrives and says "I can rise no higher" (like, maybe you could say about OU, USC, OhSU, Michigan, ND, and a few others)

Pieces Hit
11/30/2007, 11:20 AM
Notre Dame?
WTF is so great about them anyway?

OUMonster
11/30/2007, 11:33 AM
Why does Michigan want Miles so bad? Can they not do better? As history has shown, alumni vs. non-Alumni hirings at the major schools makes little to no difference.

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 11:37 AM
Honestly, I think Lester to Michigan is a good hire for them. The placid old man Lloyd Carr has been in control for too long. Lester's attitude is something Michigan needs, especially against Ohio State.

I think LSU and Michigan might both be better off with this move.

soonerinabilene
11/30/2007, 11:39 AM
Why does Michigan want Miles so bad? Can they not do better? As history has shown, alumni vs. non-Alumni hirings at the major schools makes little to no difference.

Its crazy that Michigan and Nebraska are open, and coaches are not jumping over each other to get the jobs.

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 11:41 AM
I just keep waiting for Osborne to finally declare himself the Czar of Husker football. He is starting to remind me of Lloyd Bridges playing Mantelbaum on Seinfeld.

"Oh, you think you are better than me? It's GO time!"

(followed by a broken hip....)

Funky G
11/30/2007, 12:27 PM
Its crazy that Michigan and Nebraska are open, and coaches are not jumping over each other to get the jobs.

Who wants to live in Lincoln, NE? No matter how much money you make..