PDA

View Full Version : In praise of the Wanstache...GO PANTHERS

bstuff1979
11/30/2007, 10:35 AM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/10/19/pitt.jpg

It's about as likely as anything else that's happened this season, so why not hold off on abandoning all hope for a BCS title game showdown with them ohio state? Never underestimate the power of the Wanstache (even if he was, formerly, an aggie). LSU has to look average (which is not hard to do when your coach is bat-stuff crazy and not all that focused on top of it), OU has to slam Mizzou, and (the big one) Pitt has to beat those that would ignite a sofa. Insane, yes, but it'd be par for the course.

FlatheadSooner
11/30/2007, 10:51 AM
Stranger things have happened this season.

GO Panthers!

MarylandSooner
11/30/2007, 11:05 AM
How about SUC and Georgia?

tommieharris91
11/30/2007, 11:44 AM
Asa a Bears fan, I can tell you ALWAYS underestimate the power of the Wannstache.

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 12:43 PM
If they were playing on that sorry azz field in Pittsburgh, I'd have more hope. I just don't see their 4-7 team beating WVU at their house. But hey, Stanford beat USC in the Coliseum and then lost to Neuter Dumb, so I guess anything's possible in this wacky season.

bstuff1979
11/30/2007, 01:12 PM
How about SUC and Georgia?

Given a 3td+ win over Mizzou, OU would/should leapfrog U.SpoiledChildren and UGA as it would be a win over the #1 team in the BCS.

bstuff1979
11/30/2007, 01:16 PM
Asa a Bears fan, I can tell you ALWAYS underestimate the power of the Wannstache.

Me too, but desperate times call for desperate measures. In a somewhat related note, I never thought I'd be saying, "I miss Erik Kramer".

Blitzkrieg
11/30/2007, 01:18 PM
Fear the pronstache.

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 01:21 PM
It is interesting to at least consider the situation.

OU pounds Missouri...let's say something like 42-10. What if?

WVU finds a way to lose to Pitt. A miracle, but no bigger than Stanford winning at USC.

Ohio State moves to number one and in the title game.

Georgia and Kansas. Both sitting there. Georgia with the same amount of losses as OU and one fewer win...and not even a division title. Kansas with one fewer loss, but their loss being to a team that OU beat twice, the second time in blowout fashion on a nuetral field. KU did not even win their division while OU wins their conference title. OU's second loss coming with the star QB out on the first play with a concussion and only losing by 7 on the road.

So then you have OU, LSU, Virginia Tech and USC.

Let's say LSU loses to Tennessee as I think they will. Too many distractions and NOTHING to play for. Fulmer could really use this win and Tennessee has to be more hungry for the win.

Va Tech might lose to B.C. They have once already this year. But even if they win they proved on a big stage that they could get crushed by the likes of LSU.

USC beats UCLA. Might be playing the best football in the country. But a loss at home to Stanford still looks worse than a loss on the road at a bowl eligible team. Their big win is at top ten ASU. Our big wins are two over Missouri, the latter coming when they were number one and we thumped them. Curious how the computers would view that.

So...does the BCS title game take a team that did not even win their division? If so, then we have no shot. If the computers factor that in, COULD it happen? Sure makes it interesting to even ponder the possibilities.

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 01:25 PM
And also don't forget that the Gameday crew will be there and they are all about the flavor of the day. Those guys fall in love with the team they are watching that night. If OU pounds Missouri and all those other scenarios happen I can hear Lee, Kirk, Chris, Desmond, Rece, Mark and Lou ALL calling for OU in the title game...not that it makes it happen, but they will be calling for it for controversy sake if nothing else.

bstuff1979
12/2/2007, 04:45 PM
Despite how the situation may turn out, given the AP and Coaches Polls, I have but one thought. Give thanks to the 'stache.