PDA

View Full Version : Tuberville to Arkansas

RedRum
11/29/2007, 09:34 PM
The local TV stations here in Arkansas are breaking into programming to report that Tommy Tuberville will be the next coach at Arkansas. They say the deal is in place, but the contract has not been signed.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/29/2007, 09:36 PM
The local TV stations here in Arkansas are breaking into programming to report that Tommy Tuberville will be the next coach at Arkansas. They say the deal is in place, but the contract has not been signed.
Knowing the Arkansas media like I do, why am I not surprised they're doing this, even though it's not quite a done deal?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/29/2007, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't you know, the server on Hogville.net is busy. They also crashed on Monday in the wake of Houston Dale Nutt's resignation.

RedRum
11/29/2007, 09:43 PM
We'll have to see how it pans out tommarrow, but that would be insane. Two coaches leaving jobs to take new ones that are in the same division as their old schools. All they need now is for Miles to go to Michigan and for Croom to take the LSU job. Musical coaches complete.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/29/2007, 09:48 PM
We'll have to see how it pans out tommarrow, but that would be insane. Two coaches leaving jobs to take new ones that are in the same division as their old schools. All they need now is for Miles to go to Michigan and for Croom to take the LSU job. Musical coaches complete.
Well, Saban could go back to LSU and Croom can take over at Alabama, his alma mater.

OUinFLA
11/29/2007, 09:50 PM
Well, Saban could go back to LSU and Croom can take over at Alabama, his alma mater.

my head hurts.:confused:

RedRum
11/29/2007, 09:51 PM

There you go! Problem solved

These guys are still up: http://www.hogcall.com/

Rivals is reporting that the stations in Arkansas are running with the story.
http://www.rivals.com/wire.asp (http://www.rivals.com/wire.asp)

proudsoonergal
11/29/2007, 09:53 PM
So, if Tuberville goes to Arkansas, does Fran go to Auburn? :D

Sooner_Bob
11/29/2007, 09:56 PM
I thought I heard that he was staying at Auburn?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/29/2007, 10:03 PM
Auburn A.D. says "Not so fast."

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2007/11/jacobs_not_contacted_about_tub.html

badger
11/29/2007, 10:11 PM
espn.com isn't reporting it yet... they probably are talking to the real sources, who are yelling WTF?! at the top of their lungs on how something so asinine got out.

aurorasooner
11/29/2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=101252.73780.113371Deano will have to move to the 2nd team Scoop if all these Arkie reports are false. No wonder SEC teams hate either so much.

phead903
11/29/2007, 11:19 PM
So, if this pans out:

Arkansas will pay:

Houston Nutt $3.5 million not to coach at Arkansas next year..

and

Pay Auburn $6.0 million for Tommy Tuberville not to coach at Auburn next year....

and

Pay Tommy Tuberville $1.5 million (conservative estimate) to coach at Arkansas next year...

Let's see, that's $11 million for a coach next year....

Only in Arkansas!:D

FaninAma
11/29/2007, 11:27 PM
So, if this pans out:

Arkansas will pay:

and

Pay Auburn $6.0 million for Tommy Tuberville not to coach at Auburn next year....

and

Pay Tommy Tuberville $1.5 million (conservative estimate) to coach at Arkansas next year...

Arkansas can buy me a Happy Meal with a Coke to not coach there next year.

The SEC is the dysfunctional family of D-1 college football.

soonerinabilene
11/29/2007, 11:44 PM
I guess it would kind of go with all the crazy sh!t that has gone on in college football this year.

phead903
11/30/2007, 12:12 AM

Mark Schlabath of ESPN called the SEC "incestuous" today on a local Arkansas call-in show!

badger
11/30/2007, 12:17 AM

we're still too young to be dysfunctional. We're like a house full of brothers and sisters that won't stop fighting over the toys :D

toys = the almighty Nintendo Wii (Big 12 Championship), use of the one or two computers (BCS berth/s), the Barbie collection (the pathetic Bedl@m trophy), the retro Transformer made of metal (Golden Hat) and the attention of mom and dad (Big 12 North and South championships)

NorthernIowaSooner
11/30/2007, 12:45 AM
i thought i heard the other day that auburn and tuberville agreed to an extension, probly isnt signed yet but thatd be kind of a kick in groin to auburn if he did

CORNholio
11/30/2007, 03:47 AM
Mark Schlabath of ESPN called the SEC "incestuous" today on a local Arkansas call-in show!

Awesome.

CORNholio
11/30/2007, 03:56 AM
The SEC has slowly taken on the negative traits of the NFL.

Crippling the good teams in the name of "parity". Emerging with 12 B- teams hobbling it out against one another.

Coach swapping. Sounds sexy but really its not. Just 1 form of greed over loyalty.

Complete and total hype machine mania shoving its product down your throat until you give in or puke.

Sooner in Tampa
11/30/2007, 07:30 AM
POSTED 10:49 p.m. EST, November 28, 2007

REPORT: TUBERVILLE LEAVING AUBURN FOR ARKANSAS
Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville (http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#) is leaving to become the next head coach at Arkansas, the Fayateville television KNWA is reporting.
KNWA cites multiple sources, but it does leave some wiggle room in its report, saying, "There is still a chance the situation can change (http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?sid=067a3b848935ee03884608c30238e9d6&cid=9240) but KNWA firmly believes the Auburn coach has agreed to take over for Houston Nutt."
Tuberville was born and raised in Arkansas and played football at Southern Arkansas. He was the head coach at Ole Miss for four years before leaving to coach Auburn.
The report that Tuberville will leave Auburn comes just hours after listeners to Tuberville's weekly radio show heard him say, "I'm not looking to go anywhere (http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/11/tuberville_says_im_not_looking.html)."

busynothings
11/30/2007, 09:58 AM
So, if this pans out:

Arkansas will pay:

and

and

I live in Springdale and have lived in LR. They would have paid anything to get rid of Nutt. Most people here are sick of the Broyles, Nutt, and their Clinton-esque good ole' boy system. Seeing teams like Kansas and MO REALLY compete nationally has only made people angrier. Nutt ran off a 5-star quarterback and other players, can't establish a passing game, and always - ALWAYS blows games when they're important. Yeah, he beat LSU last week, but only in 3 overtimes.

Seriously, if I had to hear about how he won a championship last year any more, I would shoot myself. He didn't win a championship last year, he won his division of the SEC and crapped out in Atlanta and his bowl game. He has never won a conference championship and has never even been to a BCS bowl.

At the beginning of the season he was flashing around that SEC west ring like it was the BCS Championship trophy. It was like the first runnerup of Miss America showing off her loser sash.

badger
11/30/2007, 11:01 AM
The different between Arkansas and Kansas, however, is having the KC market. Arkansas has very few talent rich areas (sorry).

AllAboutThe'O'
12/1/2007, 01:25 AM
The different between Arkansas and Kansas, however, is having the KC market. Arkansas has very few talent rich areas (sorry).
But it's less than a four-hour drive from Fayetteville to KC. The Hogs are more than capable of getting talent, particularly from KC, Tulsa, the DFW Metroplex and Memphis. But the new coach will have to do his best to keep the in-state studs, another one of Nutty's downfalls.

OUinFLA
12/1/2007, 07:58 AM
Auburn A.D. says "Not so fast."

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2007/11/jacobs_not_contacted_about_tub.html

oh, yeah, like when they were up front with TT while flying up to Louisville to talk to the "replacement" before they dropped the hammer.

Rocker
12/1/2007, 08:07 AM
So, if this pans out:

Arkansas will pay:

and

and

Thats a lot of money being spent on nothing! That's smart... Whats really funny about the whole thing these are colleges where people go to learn about accounting and finance. Bunch of idiots is what they are!