PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin already projected as #4 NBA draft pick

Big Red Ron
11/29/2007, 06:59 PM
wow, hope we see more than one season from him.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

KHS Sooner
11/29/2007, 07:26 PM
He beat out OJ Mayo :D

Harry Beanbag
11/29/2007, 08:48 PM
The NBA has ruined college basketball.

kbsooner
11/29/2007, 08:50 PM
Really? I haven't got to watch much of the team this season, but I didn't think he was setting the world on fire. I guess its the upside. I'm watching tonight for sure...

Big Red Ron
11/29/2007, 09:07 PM
Really? I haven't got to watch much of the team this season, but I didn't think he was setting the world on fire. I guess its the upside. I'm watching tonight for sure...He's a monster. It's more than upside.

Newbomb Turk
11/29/2007, 09:09 PM
it's the upside...and his size.

badger
11/29/2007, 09:11 PM
The NBA has ruined college basketball.
Kids leave college early for the professional world in all fields, not just basketball. I just hope for the best for everyone and if they can be successful at the next level, I wish them well. At least with the system now, we'll get to have one year with Blake instead of none. I think more will choose to stay in school longer or go to school at all now than before. Plus, less athletes will jump that aren't prepared to jump. No more Sebastian Telfair's... or Kwame Brown's... or... um... Michael Olwokandiiiihoweveryouspellit.

Big Red Ron
11/29/2007, 09:14 PM
it's the upside...and his size.It's more than upside and size. He's smart, crashes the boards and can pass like few big guys.

tommieharris91
11/29/2007, 09:18 PM
Note the young talent that will likely leave in the big 12 this year.

1. Michael Beasley KSU FR. PF
3. DeAndre Jordan Texas A&M FR. C

EDIT: I just noticed Longar Longar shows up at #50 on that list.

Rhino
11/30/2007, 02:21 AM
He's going to have to do more against good competition before any NBA team looks at him in the first round next year.

An average stat line of 6 points and 8.5 rebounds against Memphis & USC isn't very eye popping.

birddog
11/30/2007, 04:41 AM
i agree. i haven't seen a whole lot out of him yet, although he is swarmed pretty much any time he gets the ball in the lane. if our guards don't start hitting shots i'm afraid we won't see anything eyepopping all season. :mad:

Ash
11/30/2007, 08:58 AM
It's more than upside and size. He's smart, crashes the boards and can pass like few big guys.

I agree with Rhino, he needs to show more of this consistently.

He's got tremendous talent and skills but has definitely looked like a freshman at times. IMHO, he needs another year.

kbsooner
11/30/2007, 05:10 PM
By looks of things he looks a bit frustrated, probably since it is the first time he is not the focal point of the O. I watched him exclusively several time down the court in the O where he had his hand up and asking for the ball and he really wasn't even open or attempting to post up. I agree, without the ability for us hitting the outside shot consistently, I'm afraid that they will continue to collapse on the middle and keep Blake from having a breakout season. Where have all the shooters gone? Sieger, Price, Evans, Hollis... We had a streak for a while...

boomersooner28
11/30/2007, 06:12 PM
Well Blake, thanks for stopping by. He would be dumb NOT to take the money.

stoopified
12/2/2007, 07:44 PM
There is no way Blake is ready for the NBA.

LittleWingSooner
12/2/2007, 10:28 PM
He's not going to be NBA ready for a couple of years. He'll look good against teams that don't have size. But against athletic big guys he'll struggle.

Civicus_Sooner
12/4/2007, 01:46 PM
I have no doubt that an NBA team will have him on their roster sooner rather than later (not after this year, probably after next).

stoopified
12/4/2007, 02:00 PM
I'm betting Blake is here at least 3 years.If he becomes the kind of monster player that we hope he may leave early but so far,nada.He looks more like Jeff Webster at this point then Wayman Tisdale.

Curly Bill
12/4/2007, 03:25 PM
FWIW...
ESPN had one of the expert talking heads talking about the "impact freshmen" of this year today, and Blake was not in the top 5. The talking head then threw out some other freshman names that were having an impact...and still no mention of Blake.

Big Red Ron
12/4/2007, 09:22 PM
Click the link in he original post. This isn't a question of what ESPN thinks it's what NBA scouts think. Obviously his appeal is his combination of size, a legit 6'10 and 7% body fat with a pretty high BBall IQ, Dad is a coach, McDonald's All American, McDonald's All American Slam Dunk Champion, blah, blah, bla...

LittleWingSooner
12/4/2007, 11:19 PM
It's way too early to put him that high. And he hasn't shown a high basketball IQ at OU so far. He's athletic he has decent size but against other guys his size and athletic ability he struggles to say the least. In a couple years he'll be NBA ready but at the end of this year he won't be on any mock draft list.

Blue
12/5/2007, 03:05 AM
I'm sure he is great and will be great. I've watched pretty much every game and I'm not pumped yet. By February I'm sure I will though.

I like his tenacity too.

KingDavid
12/5/2007, 08:20 PM
wow, hope we see more than one season from him.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

No slight intended to BG, but that's a bit silly to have him in the top 5 on an '08 board. He needs a couple years at least to ripen on the vine, then he'll be top 10 or so. It would be tough to project him at #4 even if he stayed all four years, IMHO.

badger
12/5/2007, 08:26 PM
let's see how he does vs. Tulsa.

rubyspirit
12/5/2007, 09:41 PM
The only time I was able to watch him was the NYC games, and it wasn't pretty. I think he was tripled teamed.

I'm watching tonight. Rah!

Big Red Ron
12/5/2007, 10:22 PM
No slight intended to BG, but that's a bit silly to have him in the top 5 on an '08 board. He needs a couple years at least to ripen on the vine, then he'll be top 10 or so. It would be tough to project him at #4 even if he stayed all four years, IMHO.I'm pretty sure it's also a reflection of the lack of quality "Big men" in the NBA.

Curly Bill
12/5/2007, 10:27 PM
Click the link in he original post. This isn't a question of what ESPN thinks it's what NBA scouts think. Obviously his appeal is his combination of size, a legit 6'10 and 7% body fat with a pretty high BBall IQ, Dad is a coach, McDonald's All American, McDonald's All American Slam Dunk Champion, blah, blah, bla...

I know he's a legit NBA prospect with his size, athleticism, basketball IQ, etc...I just thought it was curious that the ESPN dude didn't even give him a mention with the other star freshmen.

Big Red Ron
12/5/2007, 10:36 PM
I know he's a legit NBA prospect with his size, athleticism, basketball IQ, etc...I just thought it was curious that the ESPN dude didn't even give him a mention with the other star freshmen.Well he is a Sooner...

Seriously though, they can't mention ALL the guys. Blake isn't the only one they didn't mention that are in that category I would assume.

The other thing that those guys have in common is they have all basically said, "I'm playing my mandatory one year of college and going to the NBA."

Blake has his older brother on the team and is the son of two teachers. He's very well grounded. In other words, he isn't some semi-street kid that's only option is the NBA.

Curly Bill
12/5/2007, 10:42 PM
The other thing that those guys have in common is they have all basically said, "I'm playing my mandatory one year of college and going to the NBA."

Good point, and that could well be why he wasn't mentioned, that and the fact he's a Sooner ;) From what little I've been able to see of him this year he could use another couple of years of seasoning, and that of course helps the Sooner team as well. :D

BudsBoy
12/6/2007, 06:03 PM
He may as well go to the NBA for all he is doing for us so far. He needs some serious coaching of post moves.

stoopified
12/30/2007, 02:16 PM
IF Blake keeps playing the way he has the last few games I could see him as a lottery pick.However that is a big if.I still think he would stay for at least 3 years anyway(gut feeling).