PDA

View Full Version : Why procrastination sucks...

Ike
11/29/2007, 03:11 PM
There are some things I commonly put off...typically things that, at the time, don't matter a whole lot. Like for instance, This summer, the car that my wife usually drives had the blower motor and blower motor resistor go out. The resistor had been on its way out for 3 years, with the heat/A/C only working on the '4' and '5' setting...But fall was approaching, and we weren't taking the car on any long trips, so I didn't worry about it. Well, Fast forward to yesterday. It becomes apparent that snow is quickly on the way. Having a heater that doesn't work just won't cut it up here during winter. Unfortunately, our mechanic (the only one I have found in the area that I actually trust) won't be able to get us in until next week (aside: when I started going to him 5 years ago, they were desperately trying to get more business. Now that word has spread about the fact that they are actually honest mechanics, everyone and their dog wants to take their car there). So this means either live with it for a week, with a weekend of snow in the forecast, or actually do it myself.

So last night, I was out there in the freezing cold, changing the damn motor. Unfortunately, our garage was an unsuitable place to work on the car. It's only a one car garage, which up here means, you can fit one car in it, and nothing else. Since the motor resides under the glove box, I'd need to be able to open the door all the way, which is impossible in our garage. Getting to the screws to take everything out was enough of a pain in the ***. Actually putting them back in was a bigger pain in the ***. Somehow I managed to do it despite the fact that my hands were getting numb from the cold and the wind.

So, note to self: Think ahead from time to time.

Hamhock
11/29/2007, 03:22 PM
this post is too long. i'll read it later.

Widescreen
11/29/2007, 03:38 PM
Did you change the flux capacitor while you were in there? You gotta change 'em in pairs.

Ike
11/29/2007, 03:56 PM
Did you change the flux capacitor while you were in there? You gotta change 'em in pairs.

I tested it. It was fine.

mikeelikee
11/29/2007, 05:36 PM
I was going to post on this thread earlier, but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

NormanPride
11/29/2007, 05:51 PM
How cold is it up there right now?

Ike
11/29/2007, 08:36 PM
How cold is it up there right now?
currently, 32. last night was colder and windier.

Viking Kitten
11/29/2007, 08:39 PM
I tested it. It was fine.
Then go back in time and fix the motor while it's still warm.

Jimminy Crimson
11/29/2007, 09:18 PM
last night was colder and windier.

Than?

Soonerus
11/29/2007, 09:21 PM
Wait...in a minute...

OUinFLA
11/29/2007, 09:43 PM
This, from a guy who slams electrons around in a donut the size of Rhode Island, just to see if he can make two of them hit each other.