PDA

View Full Version : So, What's Going On With The 2 Kids From Muskogee?

FaninAma
11/29/2007, 02:07 PM
I thought McGee and Owens were always OU's to lose but now there seems to be a lot of talk that they both could head to stillwater. It's amazing how attractive 6-6 seasons can be for your recruiting eforts.:rolleyes:

KHS Sooner
11/29/2007, 04:45 PM
He has a couple of OSU players on his top friends.

I still say he ends up here.....

BASSooner
11/29/2007, 09:26 PM
rumor has it that one of them is a lock and just doesn't want to make it official yet(Owens maybe?) McGee...I have not a clue but last time I checked, USC was looking at him.

SOONER STEAKER
11/29/2007, 10:57 PM
If they don't attend OU, they will have 4-5 saturdays in their college careers where they will get the s-h-e-t knocked out of them.

BOOMER

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 12:15 AM
rumor has it that one of them is a lock and just doesn't want to make it official yet(Owens maybe?) McGee...I have not a clue but last time I checked, USC was looking at him.

I hope your right, we need both of them.

Curly Bill
11/30/2007, 03:47 PM
McGee...I have not a clue but last time I checked, USC was looking at him.

Looking at him yeah...but have they actually bought him a house yet? :D

Little Al
12/1/2007, 02:17 PM
lol

KHS Sooner
12/1/2007, 06:31 PM
Whats the deal with Lynn Katoa?

Haven't heard anything out of him for a while?

OSUAggie
12/2/2007, 01:43 AM
Whats the deal with Lynn Katoa?

Haven't heard anything out of him for a while?

I know he's on his official in Stillwater right now.

I know nothing beyond that.

critical_phil
12/2/2007, 01:46 AM
I know he's on his official in Stillwater right now.

I know nothing beyond that.

i bet you're hoping someone hid the rabbit ears and tin foil so he couldn't watch ABC.

OSUAggie
12/2/2007, 11:09 PM
i bet you're hoping someone hid the rabbit ears and tin foil so he couldn't watch ABC.

Apparently he was so impressed by what he saw in Stillwater and on ABC that he committed to Colorado.

INGRAM2
12/2/2007, 11:26 PM
Are you serious?

KHS Sooner
12/2/2007, 11:37 PM
You have got to be kidding me, we lost Katoa. He's going to Colorado to get clobbered by everyone for the next 3-4 years.

Well were going to have to go to some of our last options at Linebacker, hopefully Austin Box can SERIOUSLY become one hell of a backer because were gonna need 'em. Next year we are DEF. going to have to focus on the linebacker position.

Curly Bill
12/2/2007, 11:48 PM
Anyone ever hear of Justin Johnson? Last I heard he could play a little LB.

...and Daniel Franklin is very highly rated by some of the services,though not as much by Rivals.

We'll be just fine at the LB position with or without Katoa.

OSUAggie
12/3/2007, 12:18 AM
You have got to be kidding me, we lost Katoa. He's going to Colorado to get clobbered by everyone for the next 3-4 years.

Well were going to have to go to some of our last options at Linebacker, hopefully Austin Box can SERIOUSLY become one hell of a backer because were gonna need 'em. Next year we are DEF. going to have to focus on the linebacker position.

heh

I think you guys will be fine at 'backer. Venables does a great job with that position.

And saying Katoa will get clobbered by 'everyone' for the next few seasons in Boulder sounds a little ridiculous considering what happened on September 29.

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 12:30 AM
And saying Katoa will get clobbered by 'everyone' for the next few seasons in Boulder sounds a little ridiculous considering what happened on September 29.

I had that thought but in light of my Sooner fandom didn't feel the need to point that out. Thanks. ;)

edit...you of course realize that CU beating us was a fluke, never to happen again right?

OSUAggie
12/3/2007, 12:34 AM
edit...you of course realize that CU beating us was a fluke, never to happen again right?

Yes.

Obviously.

Especially since you've won there once since the late 80s.

;)

Curly Bill
12/3/2007, 12:49 AM
Anyone ever hear of Justin Johnson? Last I heard he could play a little LB.

...and Daniel Franklin is very highly rated by some of the services,though not as much by Rivals.

We'll be just fine at the LB position with or without Katoa.

Forgot to add in Taylor Hill to this year's haul, providing of course that they all sign.

insuranceman_22
12/3/2007, 01:09 AM
heh

I think you guys will be fine at 'backer. Venables does a great job with that position.

Hey now, stop that crap..we're still celebrating OUr latest Big 12 title. We'll deal with reality like that little fact later in the week!

KHS Sooner
12/3/2007, 04:47 PM
Hey now, stop that crap..we're still celebrating OUr latest Big 12 title. We'll deal with reality like that little fact later in the week!

:D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/8/2007, 11:03 PM
We don't play in Boulder again for 3 or 4 years.

sitzpinkler
12/9/2007, 07:29 PM
[

goingoneight
12/10/2007, 12:02 AM
Well, if the Fuller rumor is true, Owens might get extra-close attention paid his way, now.

12/10/2007, 02:21 AM
Well, if the Fuller rumor is true, Owens might get extra-close attention paid his way, now.fULLER RUMOR?

INGRAM1
12/10/2007, 10:14 AM
Fuller is no an am committ. Oh well. Hopefully we can get Owens for sure plus Jones and maybe Jarobe. Go Sooners.

EstablishedSooner1967
12/10/2007, 12:38 PM
Either you want to be at OU or you dont..... fact is I want kids that want to be at OU compete for there positions and win the Big 12 South, Big 12 Title and land at a possible BSC or NC... I dont want kids who what things handed to them because they were good in high school and afraid they are not going to get playing time. If you are as good as you think you are you will play.

INGRAM1
12/10/2007, 01:35 PM
Either you want to be at OU or you dont..... fact is I want kids that want to be at OU compete for there positions and win the Big 12 South, Big 12 Title and land at a possible BSC or NC... I dont want kids who what things handed to them because they were good in high school and afraid they are not going to get playing time. If you are as good as you think you are you will play.

I agree with your post whole heartedly. Go Sooners. We will be fine with who ever committs to us.

snp
12/10/2007, 09:50 PM
I spoke with the Muskogee HC last summer and he made it seem like they were locks here. Doesn't seem like that anymore.

The Consumate Showman
12/12/2007, 03:57 PM
Now that Fuller went to the dark side, JO should feel comfortable with the WR position even when we do get the all time huge committment from Julio. I think we can forget Joe A. now that pass-happy-Bobby is in Arky. Stacey might suffer from the Richetti "big-fish-in-a-little-pond" Jones complex in going to Stoolwater.

Some have tried to make it a big deal that Derek Burton is having some influence on Stacey, but I've got to believe that if Stacey actually cares anything about playing for a winner and having the potential to play on Sundays, he'll commit to either us or USuCk.

Somebody in Muskogee needs to explain to Stacey the ramifications of what is going to happen if he goes to Stoolwater. I guess if I had granddaddy Booner stuffing my pockets though, I might think about coming up that way to if I was a 17-18 year old kid with no allegiances.

Desert Sapper
12/12/2007, 04:12 PM
Now that Fuller went to the dark side, JO should feel comfortable with the WR position even when we do get the all time huge committment from Julio.

I hope you are right on both counts. I want Julio AND Jameel. :D

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 06:07 PM
Just saw on rivals that both Muskogee kids were ready to committ. Anyone with insider have any more info?

Watch Me Stride
1/8/2008, 06:37 PM
Just saw on rivals that both Muskogee kids were ready to committ. Anyone with insider have any more info?

Ready to commit to us?

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 06:52 PM
i don't have insider so all I can see is that they are ready to choose someone, it would put our class back where it was before, most likely higher.

Watch Me Stride
1/8/2008, 06:54 PM
i don't have insider so all I can see is that they are ready to choose someone, it would put our class back where it was before, most likely higher.

Link?

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 06:56 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=429&tid=109459349&mid=109459349&sid=895&style=2

should work, need insider to read everything though.or this.. http://oklahoma.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Watch Me Stride
1/8/2008, 06:57 PM
Could you copy paste the article?

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 07:01 PM
go to the second page i posted, that is all i can see.

Watch Me Stride
1/8/2008, 07:02 PM
go to the second page i posted, that is all i can see.

Ok, well hopefully they decide tonight?

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 07:05 PM
im sure something will leak in the next couple days if not tonight. here is something..... http://newsok.com/article/keyword/3190449/

Watch Me Stride
1/8/2008, 07:24 PM
“Florida doesn’t know they’re cancelling yet,” Hennessey said. “I’m about to call them. I think at this point it was just going to be a vacation for the guys.”

Well Florida and Tennessee or done.

Watch Me Stride
1/8/2008, 07:25 PM
damn jan. 15

thats going to feel like forever now

everyone hope for a leak i quess

Sir Elwood
1/8/2008, 07:40 PM
I believe McGee and Owens will commit to OU. Jan. 15th is better than waiting until February and atleast they are cancelling a visit or two.

abc123pickle
1/8/2008, 07:45 PM
yeah i can't see them going to different schools, and I was afraid of florida out of everyone, them being out of it makes me feel better.

Eielson
1/8/2008, 10:07 PM
damn jan. 15

thats going to feel like forever now

everyone hope for a leak i quess

Isn't that the same day that Juniors have to decide if they are going to declare for the NFL or not?

sooner518
1/9/2008, 12:36 AM
So here's what we know:
- They most likely will go the same place
- The only schools on both of their lists are OU and Tennessee
- McGee cancelled his official to Tennessee on January 11.

Anything I'm missing?

Sounds pretty good to me

KingDavid
1/9/2008, 12:58 AM
:pop:

snp
1/9/2008, 01:07 AM
Isn't that the same day that Juniors have to decide if they are going to declare for the NFL or not?

Yes.

So here's what we know:
- They most likely will go the same place
- The only schools on both of their lists are OU and Tennessee
- McGee cancelled his official to Tennessee on January 11.

Anything I'm missing?

Sounds pretty good to me

- Going off a presumption, I have no clue one way or the other how they really feel about playing together
- OSU is still in the running but they are loaded up on 'ships right now. I don't know if they can take both, little help here Cowboys.
-Texas Tech and Tennesse are still targets for Owens. Moreso Tech than UT. I guess McGee is down to OU and OSU mainly I guess.

I'm guessing we go 1 for 2 on them.

BillyBall
1/9/2008, 09:56 AM
"We have something special planned for the commitment,” McGee said. "It's a surprise. You'll have to wait and see.”

From the DOK... I really hope we can bring in these 2.

illinisooner
1/9/2008, 01:33 PM
I think he cancelled the visit to Knoxville because it was going to be the same weekend as a wrestling tourney he wanted to be in, not because he isn't considering them. But yeah, it's a plus.

CatfishSooner
1/9/2008, 01:49 PM
I saw Mcgee on TV wrestling...he is a specimen

The Consumate Showman
1/11/2008, 03:38 PM
They're either both Norman bound or Stoolwater bound.
From the feeling I get after talking to a friend of mine I went to college with that teaches in the system, he gets Crimson and Cream vibes from them both...but don't be surprised if they pull a Demarco Murray with the "oops-almost-usUcK" hat trick to give a jab at the pokies or it may be just an all out cowboy love fest.

KingDavid
1/11/2008, 05:08 PM
I think he cancelled the visit to Knoxville because it was going to be the same weekend as a wrestling tourney he wanted to be in, not because he isn't considering them. But yeah, it's a plus.

I heard that he also said something like, "If I met the players, it would make my decision that much harder."

Man, not too hard to read between those lines, is it?

Still, you never know for certain until the ink is dry.

hOlden caUlfield...
1/11/2008, 06:04 PM
ALL the people on OUInsider are saying Owens is going to OSU. But, you know.
That whole grain of salt thing.

Watch Me Stride
1/11/2008, 08:16 PM
He has had Derek Burton (a defensive end for OSU) on his top friends on myspace for a while now, if I had to take a quess at who he picks......I think OSU

But I hope i'm wrong

1/11/2008, 08:22 PM
Hope we can keep all 15 guys we have as verbals.

SOONER STEAKER
1/11/2008, 08:49 PM
I wasn't that impressed with Owens in the ARMY game or during his HS games that were televised in the OKC area. I would rather have Julio Jones to go with Jarboe and the 6'6" WR from the East Coast.

KingDavid
1/12/2008, 01:47 AM
Julio will see the light and come to Norman.

freshchris05
1/13/2008, 05:44 PM
i think they are stillwater bound but like it's been said before, i'd rather have julio than both of these guys...

Desert Sapper
1/13/2008, 05:55 PM
I think McGee would be awesome to have on the D-Line. He is a pretty damn good heavyweight wrestler (which might make him go to pokie state). I seem to recall a guy named Gregg who was a pretty damn good wrestler that was awesome in the dark times.

I think Jameel would be great to have. He is built right. He has good hands, and by most accounts he has a good attitude. Bottom line is we need at least one more WR this year. We have Dejuan Miller, who looks great (and tall) on film. We have Josh Jarboe, who was the number one receiver in GA (by many accounts) before his team stopped going through the air. He drew the best cover guy (CB Brandon Harris from Miami - who we could still be in on) from the silver team in the UA bowl based on his performance in practice. Owens or Jones would be great. Both would be unreal.

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 06:34 PM
Owens and McGee are going to commit to OU. I'm relatively certain about this.

jccouger
1/13/2008, 08:06 PM
That sounds like good news

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 08:13 PM
Owens and McGee are going to commit to OU. I'm relatively certain about this.

Book it! Mike says it's so, then it's so.

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 08:21 PM
I'm not claiming I have any special knowledge, but based on their statements to various recruiting sites and what they've said to other recruits, I will be very very surprised if they don't wind up committing to OU.

Desert Sapper
1/13/2008, 08:51 PM
I'm not claiming I have any special knowledge, but based on their statements to various recruiting sites and what they've said to other recruits, I will be very very surprised if they don't wind up committing to OU.

I just have visions of all the instate kids we've lost. I hope these two come to Norman.

insuranceman_22
1/13/2008, 09:22 PM
Desert - amen to that.

MR - your wisdom helps guide us thx.....what about JJ the WR? :-)

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 09:59 PM
I just have visions of all the instate kids we've lost. I hope these two come to Norman.

Most of the instate kids we've lost either weren't OU fans (like Owens is) or didn't get an offer until very late in the recruiting process. Neither factor applies here.

The situation at OU is perfect for Owens. We're his favorite college team. We have a need at his position. We just sent someone at his position to the NFL early. No brainer.

Of course, he could go for OSU as well. But I can't think of any advantage OSU has over OU for Owens at this point.

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 10:00 PM
Desert - amen to that.

MR - your wisdom helps guide us thx.....what about JJ the WR? :-)

Julio Jones? I don't know anything more than what everyone else says. He likes OU and he like Bama. Sam Bradford and John Parker Wilson are keeping us in this race. Really hard to pluck a kid that talented out of the South.

KingDavid
1/14/2008, 03:04 AM
Sounds good. We're going to have a top-flight class of receivers. We need to pull in another good LB and DB and we'll be good to go. Does anyone have a guess at how many scholly's we've got left? My count pegs us at about 4 (19-15) but I could be (prolly am) mistaken.

csbst2
1/14/2008, 11:27 AM
This is not what you like to hear about a possible recruit

Talk about it in The General's Quarters
Two Tennessee football players were cited on Friday night for simple possession of marijuana as they hosted a recruit on an official visit.

Gerald Jones was driver of a car which was stopped for a burnt out light. According to the report, officers smelled marijuana as the approached the Dodge Magnum

Officers received consent to search the car and found marijuana cigars inside the car including one which was partially smoked.

The passengers in the car were redshirt freshman receiver Ahmad Paige, redshirt offensive lineman William Brimfield and Muskogee, Oklahoma wide receiver Jameel Owens. Owens was in town for his official visit.

Jones and Paige were both cited for simple possession (a misdemeanor) and Jones was cited for not wearing a seat belt as well as the burnt out light.

Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer is going to issue a statement later today.

snp
1/14/2008, 11:36 AM
1. It's pot

2. He was in on an ov. He has no choice but to ride around with his host

BillyBall
1/14/2008, 11:36 AM
At least we can cross Tennessee off the list...

OklahomaTuba
1/14/2008, 12:06 PM
Hopefully getting some pot on your OV isn't a plus.

tommieharris91
1/14/2008, 02:49 PM
Would that be an "extra benefit"?

:D

jdsooner
1/14/2008, 02:50 PM
Word from James Hale is that Owens and McGee will be Sooners!

Ground_Attack
1/14/2008, 04:24 PM
that would be most excellent

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/14/2008, 05:03 PM
I thought the song said "we don't smoke marijuana in Muskoge:D e"

Watch Me Stride
1/14/2008, 06:08 PM
Word from James Hale is that Owens and McGee will be Sooners!

How reliable is this guy??

birddog
1/14/2008, 07:38 PM
define "reliable".

KingDavid
1/14/2008, 10:04 PM
That's phenomenal. Way to go Volunteers! What a fine "recruiting repellant" you've decided to wear over there, Vols!

Watch Me Stride
1/15/2008, 11:42 AM
what time is the wrestling match

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2008, 02:24 PM
The whole wrasslin thing has me worried. Only the aggots seem to like watching men roll around on the ground in tights for fun.

TMcGee86
1/15/2008, 03:14 PM
Arent they supposed to announce today?

anyone know a time range to expect it?

BillyBall
1/15/2008, 03:19 PM
Arent they supposed to announce today?

anyone know a time range to expect it?

6:30 CST

1/15/2008, 04:00 PM
The whole wrasslin thing has me worried. Only the aggots seem to like watching men roll around on the ground in tights for fun.The Sooners used to be really good at it, too, up until the mid '80's. We were great in the late '60's when I was at OU. The only sane sport(boxing is not sane) that might require more stamina that I know of is water polo, and you gotta have underwater cameras to appreciate the grueling nature of that sport.

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2008, 04:03 PM
OU was pretty good in the '90s as well, with several All-Americans. John Kading in particular was a stud.

Watch Me Stride
1/15/2008, 07:13 PM
they announce in 10 minutes let us know what happens

derek430
1/15/2008, 07:21 PM
any one got a video

Rhino
1/15/2008, 07:22 PM
Welcome Stacey and Jameel!

Watch Me Stride
1/15/2008, 07:26 PM
any one got a video

anybody?

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2008, 07:27 PM
Going to OU!!!! Al Jerkens just announced it on Channel 2!!!!!!!!

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2008, 07:27 PM
Tolja.

StillTippenSooner
1/15/2008, 07:28 PM
OU OU OU OU Welcome Stacey & Jameel

Mjcpr
1/15/2008, 07:28 PM
Yay!

Now bring on some LBs and CBs. :)

snp
1/15/2008, 07:31 PM
Thank God

BoomerGirl34
1/15/2008, 07:32 PM
They'll look (and play) GREAT in crimson!

OU-HSV
1/15/2008, 07:40 PM
Sweet

insuranceman_22
1/15/2008, 07:41 PM
That helps.....good call guys!

Collier11
1/15/2008, 08:17 PM
who of all the commits thus far has the best chance to have an early impact???

CatfishSooner
1/15/2008, 08:53 PM
F ya!

BillyBall
1/15/2008, 09:46 PM

One would think that it could be at the WR position (Jarboe/Owens) with MK bolting, but who knows. I am hoping that J.R Bryant will be a savior...

sooneron
1/15/2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to OU, now sign on the dotted ****ing line when it's time to.

That is all.

KingDavid
1/15/2008, 11:30 PM
Boomer, baby, Boomer! Way to go, Owens & McGee. Get ready to compete for a National Championship right away!

Jello Biafra
1/15/2008, 11:37 PM

out of all of the video i saw this year, along with the wide recievers, would be washington. he looks damn near un-blockable.

The Consumate Showman
1/16/2008, 12:49 PM

Julio Jones

csbst2
1/16/2008, 02:29 PM
And when did old Julio commit?

Jello Biafra
1/16/2008, 05:18 PM
And when did old Julio commit?

we didn't tell ya?

colleyvillesooner
1/24/2008, 05:07 PM
heh

KingDavid
1/24/2008, 05:15 PM
Julio Jones

I would have said Julio; but now with the departure of Reggie Smith, I'd have to say BURTON SCOTT.

KingDavid
1/24/2008, 05:19 PM
Who's on campus right now, from our class? Didn't Justin Johnson graduate and enroll early?

illinisooner
1/24/2008, 07:42 PM
Landry Jones and Justin Johnson are already here.

Rhino
1/25/2008, 12:14 AM
So is Britt Mitchell.

KingDavid
1/25/2008, 12:22 AM
Landry Jones and Justin Johnson are already here.

OK, then. Johnson is amongst my picks for early impact. He has serious game speed and he will find the field, one way or another.

Washington is the obvious choice. Jones, of course, if he signs. If he doesn't, I think either Jarboe or Owens or even Dejuan Miller will emerge quickly. They are all there in terms of the build, from what I hear. Remains to be seen what's between the ears at this young stage.

I think Good stands a chance to get playing time somewhere, somehow, even though we have a lot of talent and depth at the tackles. I'm curious to see where Corey Brandon is in his development, on a side note.

Desert Sapper
1/25/2008, 08:55 AM
Justin Johnson. Most definitely. He will jump right into the running back rotation this spring.

Collier11
1/25/2008, 11:38 AM
I really hope Washington can make an impact, when is the last time OU has had a True Fresh have a big impact at DE? Can you imagine him with Mccoy, Granger?, Taylor, English, etc...

KingDavid
1/25/2008, 08:59 PM
I really hope Washington can make an impact, when is the last time OU has had a True Fresh have a big impact at DE? Can you imagine him with Mccoy, Granger?, Taylor, English, etc...

A very pleasant day-dream that is.

But then I look down and Granger has on hand-cuffs and it kinda spoils it a bit.;)

Curly Bill
1/25/2008, 11:14 PM
A very pleasant day-dream that is.

But then I look down and Granger has on hand-cuffs and it kinda spoils it a bit.;)

It ain't like there have never been guys in trouble with the law before that were, or went on to become, darn good football players though.

...just sayin

Desert Sapper
1/26/2008, 01:08 PM
I don't think RJ starts ahead of Beal. Beal's really coming into his own. And are we sure Big John Williams isn't coming back for a sixth year?

Rhino
1/26/2008, 02:31 PM
Williams is coming back. He's already been approved.

Desert Sapper
1/26/2008, 02:42 PM
So Williams and English start, the rest rotate in. Unless RJ is off the charts, he redshirts this year.

Rhino
1/26/2008, 02:58 PM
It all depends on how Williams' rehab goes. I think it'll be:

English / Beal
Williams / Alexander
Davis / Washington
Macon, Anderson, Bumpus, King

KingDavid
1/27/2008, 01:54 AM
It ain't like there have never been guys in trouble with the law before that were, or went on to become, darn good football players though.

...just sayin

true.