PDA

View Full Version : I'm Suing the Jewelry Industry...

TexasLidig8r
11/29/2007, 12:50 PM
I'VE HAD IT!!!!!

Every flippin' day until December 25, we're going to be subjected to numerous repeated television ads from every jewelry store on the face of the earth espousing the greatness of.. diamonds.. baubles.. etc etc.

Well.. ENOUGH! :mad:

They are equating one of the greatest human emotions, that very special bond that sets us, the human race apart from all others.. I speak of course, of love... with buying a shiny bauble!

"Every kiss begins with Kay."
"Show her you love her each day. .with a diamond from DeBeers."
etc.

They have cheapened and relegated that for which we live life to its fullest... to a mere trinket.... "the more you spend, the more you love!"

And is it for the betterment of society? NO, I SAY! It is to fill their own coffers. It is profiteering at its worst. They PREY upon us! And.. it must end!!

All I need is a client with some cash now to fund the costs. :(

Flippin Jewelery Industry.

proud gonzo
11/29/2007, 12:51 PM
I just hate their sappy commericals with their stupid fake smiles and obnoxious music.

Widescreen
11/29/2007, 01:15 PM
If you REALLY loved her, you'd buy her the biggest diamond you can find.

SicEmBaylor
11/29/2007, 01:18 PM
I just hate their sappy commericals with their stupid fake smiles and obnoxious music.
Uh oh. Someone isn't getting something from Jared's this year....

soonerbrat
11/29/2007, 01:18 PM
you'd go to jared

jr4ou
11/29/2007, 01:20 PM
i just flip the channel. but 99% of time i just end up on another commercial.

Pricetag
11/29/2007, 01:23 PM
I loved the Family Guy spoof. . ."Because She'll Pretty Much Have To."

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2007, 01:26 PM
The day a lawyer gets sympathy from me for having to shell out some cash is the day that Bob Stoops suits me up at QB.

mdklatt
11/29/2007, 01:30 PM
I'VE HAD IT!!!!!

Every flippin' day until February 15

Fixed.

They are equating one of the greatest human emotions, that very special bond that sets us, the human race apart from all others.. I speak of course, of love... with buying a shiny bauble!

Bitches, man. :D

If you don't want to buy a diamond, you can apparently show your love by buying a Lexus.

SicEmBaylor
11/29/2007, 01:32 PM
Women don't need expensive flashy gifts.

If you put thought into it then they'll appreciate anything and reward you richly for it.

mdklatt
11/29/2007, 01:43 PM
If you put thought into it then they'll appreciate anything and reward you richly for it...

...by making your their Maiden of Honor.

Pricetag
11/29/2007, 01:45 PM
Heh, maybe he should have gone with the expensive flashy gifts.

soonerbrat
11/29/2007, 01:45 PM
DVR.
Fast Forward.

I haven't watched a whole commercial in years.

proud gonzo
11/29/2007, 01:48 PM
Uh oh. Someone isn't getting something from Jared's this year....man, those commercials are the WORST.

HskrGrl
11/29/2007, 01:52 PM
Forget Jewelry. I fully expect to walk outside Christmas morning and find a Lexus with a giant bow on the top sitting in my drive way!

M
11/29/2007, 01:55 PM
I don't like those commercials either. And most of the crap they advertise is ugly anyway. See:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/DixieChickMissy/110254909_MV_LG.jpg

That mangled mess of yellow gold X's, white gold and rocks is $899. It looks like someone's braces. You could buy something much cuter and cheaper at James Avery. Sorry if I'm being too snobby, but damn.

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2007, 01:57 PM
DVR.
Fast Forward.

I haven't watched a whole commercial in years.

you got one of those time machine DVRs or somesuch?

TUSooner
11/29/2007, 02:00 PM
People who are
too beautiful,
too well-dressed,
too rich,
too perfect.
Snowy scenes that would gag Currier & Ives.
Beautifully decorated homes.
Giant Christmas trees with mountains of packages.
Contrived suspense.
Romance and goo-goo eyes.
Jewelry = love.

IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE ON THE TV !1 :mad:

soonersweetie
11/29/2007, 02:08 PM
no jewelry required here. Just something that he put some thought and time into would be fine by me. Could be nothing more than taking me to see the snow and Christmas lights (if by chance we were low on funds) or flying to me the Big 12 Championship (like he is this weekend) :D

It has nothing to do with the monetary amount. It's that he put some thought and time into it. Anyone can rush into a jewelry store on Christmas Eve and buy a pair of sparkly earrings, etc. Nothing difficult or thoughtful about that, in my opinion.

soonerbrat
11/29/2007, 02:32 PM
I lost every piece of jewelry my ex husband ever gave me..including my wedding ring

oops.

King Crimson
11/29/2007, 02:36 PM
"when the diamonds hit the door, the panties hit the floor".

some weird Shane Company or other joint sales woman said this on the radio a few years ago when being interviewed on Denver sports talk about what guys could get their woman for V-tines Day.

eloquence.

TexasLidig8r
11/29/2007, 02:55 PM

some weird Shane Company or other joint sales woman said this on the radio a few years ago when being interviewed on Denver sports talk about what guys could get their woman for V-tines Day.

eloquence.

SEE!! SEE!!! :eek:

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! The industry has trivialized the sanctity of our emotions.. LOVE! People! See!!

Boycott! Class action Suit! Where's my client!???

mdklatt
11/29/2007, 03:09 PM
The industry has trivialized the sanctity of our emotions.. LOVE!

You are such a girl.

mdklatt
11/29/2007, 03:11 PM
I think all women should file a class action defamation lawsuit against the diamond advertising industry for portraying them as gold digging whores.

Whet
11/29/2007, 04:03 PM
Load up the little lady in the minivan, drive to Arkansas and dig up a real big diamond for her!

Paperclip
11/29/2007, 04:10 PM
Jewelry is the gift to give 'cause it's the gift that'll live and live.

nmsoonergirl
11/29/2007, 04:44 PM
I think all women should file a class action defamation lawsuit against the diamond advertising industry for portraying them as gold digging whores.

Now see, I'd actually participate in that lawsuit...why don't more lawyers do useful stuff like this?

TUSooner
11/29/2007, 04:55 PM

eloquence.

Lidi: Binky, would you have wild secks with me if I gave you this ginormous diamond?

Binky: Oooo..Oh yes, Lidi !

Lidi: Would you do it for a Happy Meal from Micky D's?

Binky: Of course not! What do you think I am?

Lidi: My dear little Binx, we've already determined what you are. Now we're just haggling over the price.

:O

StoopTroup
11/29/2007, 04:59 PM
So true...there are many who love platinum more than gold.

StoopTroup
11/29/2007, 05:01 PM
Didn't Toby Keith record that? :D

:pop:

IB4OU2
11/29/2007, 05:32 PM
Jewelry is the gift to give 'cause it's the gift that'll live and live.

Dammit PC and that damn jingle too!

TexasLidig8r
11/30/2007, 09:30 AM
Lidi: Binky, would you have wild secks with me if I gave you this ginormous diamond?

Binky: Oooo..Oh yes, Lidi !

Lidi: Would you do it for a Happy Meal from Micky D's?

Binky: Of course not! What do you think I am?

Lidi: My dear little Binx, we've already determined what you are. Now we're just haggling over the price.

:O

I've always loved that (and the various modifications of that) joke! :D

TUSooner
11/30/2007, 10:30 AM
I've always loved that (and the various modifications of that) joke! :D
Yep. It's an oldy (but a goody).
Thus the " :O " to acknowledge my lame lack of originality....