PDA

View Full Version : Nascar champ

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2007, 10:57 AM
Most know that Nascar champion Jimmy johnson is a Sooner fan mainly because of his wife, but he seems to be getting the star treatment from the team.

nice little story

http://turn-lane.blogspot.com/2007/11/no-one-knows-how-many-new-yorkers-are.html

He was telling me the story of what happened to him Thanksgiving weekend when he went to see the Oklahoma Sooners play a football game. Johnson's wife, Chandra, is a big Sooners fan and they know people who are connected to the football team.

So after the Sooners beat Oklahoma State, Johnson follows the team off the field through the cheering crowds into the locker room. The players are celebrating the big win that got them into the Big 12 championship game and having a great time. Johnson is just taking all of this in until someone introduces him to the team.

"These guys go nuts," Johnson said. "I just sort of gave them a thumbs up and one guy, No. 25, came over and grabbed me by the arm."

According to a roster on internet, that would be senior defensive back D.J. Wolfe.

"He pulls me into the middle of their huddle and they're all jumping up and down and I am in there getting all banged around," Johnson said.

"It was awesome."

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2007, 01:17 PM
Can't stand the prick! I'm ignorant....why is he an OU fan b/c of his wife? Is she from OK?
she is from the Muskogee area

Fugue
11/29/2007, 01:29 PM
Can't stand the prick! I'm ignorant....why is he an OU fan b/c of his wife? Is she from OK?

IBTBooty

jr4ou
11/29/2007, 01:37 PM
two hours east of norman

Mjcpr
11/29/2007, 01:42 PM
two hours east of norman. not much to do there but .........

You shut your whore mouth!

OKLA21FAN
11/29/2007, 01:42 PM
two hours east of norman. not much to do there but .........
well there is that submarine dealio

BudSooner
11/29/2007, 02:16 PM
He still has some crazy ****in eyebrows.

BSG in 5.....4.......3......2......

The Ghost of Joe Morrison
11/29/2007, 02:25 PM
He still has some crazy ****in eyebrows.

BSG in 5.....4.......3......2......

You, sir, are very correct. I'm sure he has a procedure done weekly to avoid the dreaded unibrow!

kmsooners28
11/29/2007, 04:50 PM
I got to meet him right after that. I am a big fan of his, so that was really cool. I talked for a min and got a pic with him, he is a really nice guy.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/29/2007, 05:07 PM
And to think...I tried to help this turd when he was bumping old threads and stuff.

:kelvin:

Whet
11/29/2007, 05:56 PM
The blog writer, David Poole, is also on the morning Sirius NASCAR program. On Monday, while driving back from Norman, we were listening to the program and he started ranting about how whimpy all the other conferences were, as compared to the SEC. He mentioned that, although MU had that sensational "red-shirt freshman quarterback," if they were playing in the SEC, they would have at lease 3 losses and neither OU or MU would not be in the top tier of the mighty SEC. He went on for a little while longer, but I was too irate to listen to the rest of his rant.

But, Jimmie Johnson is a nice guy. I met his father last year at a truck stop in AZ, while we were filling our MHs on the way to the LV race. His (actually, Jimmie's) - was an Oklahoma made Newell. We talked a little about MH's, Oklahoma, and some racing stuff.

StoopTroup
11/29/2007, 06:05 PM
I had no idea that someone made MHs in Oklahoma.

Cool.

NewellCoach.com (http://www.newellcoach.com/flash.html)

SPEK!

BudSooner
11/29/2007, 07:32 PM
Whats the over under on how many weeks Chad Knaus gets suspended for after the Daytona 500 next year?

1?
2?
3?
I would say 4 but unless Nascar gets some balls and lowers the boom on guys who pull Kevin Harvicks crew chief/Michael Waltrips crew chief/Chad's type of cheating then it ain't gonna happen.
He's a repeat offender who should be treated as such, not at the center table at Friday nights awards banquet.

When you cheat, I don't give a crap if it's Travis Kvapil/Jeff Gordon/Kurt Busch/Clint Bowyer/Dale Jr...when you cheat you sit out 4 weeks!

And lastly, while we are on the topic, elect a commisioner....NOW!
But he must have sole rights to ban/suspend anyone found guilty of sliding things under the table and playing innocent about it.

Let me add to that, sort of on the NFL's judgement to the NE Pats...if you break a known rule then you will sit out a minimum of 3 weeks and IF your team is in the chase by years end then you WILL be subject to a two week suspension.

end rant.

jr4ou
11/29/2007, 09:27 PM
You shut your whore mouth!
huh?

frankensooner
11/30/2007, 10:31 AM
You heard Pat, don't be dissin the skoge! We have the The Ataloa Lodge Museum, Honor Heights Park and Charlies Chicken! Don't forget My Place Barbecue and Hamlin's El Toro.

See there is a weekend right there. ;)

Mjcpr
11/30/2007, 10:36 AM
Word.

AND the Five Civilized Tribes Museum, the Music Hall of Fame (I think that's what it's called), Three Rivers Museum and the Thomas-Foreman house.

You better go ahead and take a week.