PDA

View Full Version : We need to blitz more against Missouri

MamaMia
11/29/2007, 09:02 AM
and we also need to switch the coverage from a soft zone to a more aggressive attacking defense. We could still do a zone but make the safety come over and help, like on a wide out or any receiver, every once in a while. We could also drop the defensive ends into coverage on short passes and blitz the linebackers from a different angle.

Like I keep saying, we just need to mix it up. That alone with loooooong drives, ball control. Chew up the clock, let a long pass up every once in a while. We need to keep the ball away from them as much as possible and NO TURNOVERS!

This Chase dude doesn't scramble to run. He scrambles to pass. Thats why the Sooners need to cover their receivers for a longer period of time, or else he'll scramble around and instead of running routes, all he has to do is look for pen spots, and I don't care what y'all say. I have been to all but one game this year and the other teams have receivers open all day long. Thats what scaring me.

sooneron
11/29/2007, 09:09 AM
and we also need to switch the coverage from a soft zone to a more aggressive attacking defense. We could still do a zone but make the safety come over and help, like on a wide out or any receiver, every once in a while. We could also drop the defensive ends into coverage on short passes and blitz the linebackers from a different angle.

Like I keep saying, we just need to mix it up. That alone with loooooong drives, ball control. Chew up the clock, let a long pass up every once in a while. We need to keep the ball away from them as much as possible and NO TURNOVERS!

This Chase dude doesn't scramble to run. He scrambles to pass. Thats why the Sooners need to cover their receivers for a longer period of time, or else he'll scramble around and instead of running routes, all he has to do is look for pen spots, and I don't care what y'all say. I have been to all but one game this year and the other teams have receivers open all day long. Thats what scaring me.
FIXED:D

CtheB
11/29/2007, 09:11 AM
You make very valid points, but for BV to change his philosophy entirely at this point probably isn't going to happen. We can't pull a Kansas and rush three guys all night, the receivers are good enough to get open and Daniel's good enough to find them. I do expect us to do some different things to mess with his feel a little bit, so I wouldn't worry about him having all day back there. That's suicide.

You make great points, especially with the DBs.The possibility for a stinker is more prevalent lately, but I think we'll be there to play Saturday.

Aries
11/29/2007, 09:24 AM
We can't pull a Kansas and rush three guys all night....

When we rush three, very, very, very bad things usually happen.

OUMallen
11/29/2007, 09:27 AM
the Sooners need to cover their receivers for a longer period of time

Which is basically impossible in college football. Not sure how long you think the secondary can be expected to blanket cover each and every receiver, but...you know....yeah.

MamaMia
11/29/2007, 09:29 AM
Its no secret that I've been, shall we say..."concerned" ever since I knew we would be playing Missouri instead of Kansas. Am I overly concerned? I hope so, but if I am, I don't think I am. Why oh why do I torture myself pacing back and forth trying to think of ways we can beat Missouri when I'm really nothing more than just another helpless Sooner watching the game in the stands? :O

Well, its time to pack and bid you all a fond farewell until we meet again after the game. We head out today from Woodward to meet relatives in Dallas for dinner, and then tomorrow morning its off to San Antone. Its time to plug some Christmas music into the CD player, relax and have fun. Those of you who will be at the game, drive safe. Those of you watching from home and other places, send us some of that Sooner magic mojo/positive energy. Thanks. :D

MiccoMacey
11/29/2007, 09:32 AM
This is the way I see it:

In order to confuse their offense, we need to run what I like to call the "Alabama Stack".

We basically have 11 NG's, stacked one behind the other in a straight line, two yards apart each. So a full microsecond before the ball is snapped, everybody runs to their regularly assigned position. Or they won't. This will confuse Daniel as he hasn't ever seen it before. I know this, because I just made this defense up.

This gives us depth, as the last person is twenty yards from the line of scrimmage, and they can't run up the middle since we've got basically 11 guys right there.

Sure, you say, they can run to the outside. But that's the beauty of this defense: they don't know if we're going to stay lined up, or if we're going to spread out right before the snap of the ball. It'll confuse them.

When Brent leaves for Arkansas, I'll be sending in this design to Stoops. You may then call me DC MiccoMacey. I'll try to remember you little people.

MextheBulldog
11/29/2007, 09:37 AM
Misery wants you to blitz. They know the Chase is good enough to get it out into the space where you just blitzed from. Blitzing will get you burned deep, which turns into big plays and quick scores.

Not saying we never blitz, but just be careful with it. Blitzing Tech did not seem to make much of a difference against a really good QB - he just dumped it off to the short routes.

Our base defense won before against this offense, let's not re-invent the wheel.

birddog
11/29/2007, 09:37 AM
^^^^

wait'll you get a load of my "Red Rover" formation.

oh yeah.

King Crimson
11/29/2007, 09:38 AM
we almost always blitz on 3rd and more than 6.

usmc-sooner
11/29/2007, 09:39 AM
what the defense lacks IMO is two really good rushing DE's ala Cody, and Jackson

XingTheRubicon
11/29/2007, 09:51 AM
I think we should play a tentative, half-a**ed pass rush/contain and a 15 yard off the line of scrimmage soft zone and hope Daniel, the Big XII record holder for consecutive pass attempts without a pick (254), makes a mistake.

fadada1
11/29/2007, 09:53 AM
i'd like to see us do something similar to what the eagles did to the patriots on monday night (with moss). refering back to the original post, somewhat... i'd like to see a safety (possibly harris) play a zoneish/man to protect from maclin getting deep. a sort of "semi spy". mizzou doesn't have a welker-type to kill us underneath, so blitzing should work well. just my $.02.

MojoRisen
11/29/2007, 09:55 AM
I think Venables does very well in mixing up the defense on Mizzou in the 2nd half of the ball game - Last year in Columbia I was there and we really stepped up in the 2nd half and I believe held them to 10 points or so at home - This year Mizzou is better but we still created a lot of turnovers etc.

I like blitzing the backers and dropping DE's anything to disrupt timming as they will try and pick at us with short passes and accross the middle has to be very quick-

I expect Nic Harris to blitz - and expect Lendy Holmes to have 2 Oskies -

The key is to hit hard and be aggressive look for TO's if we play soft they will score 30+ on us and we will have to be in a relative shoot out or make sure we do not turn the ball over -

Let's Physically punish them for every catch they make and see how willing they are to get hit -

I think Venables will do a fine job and we hold them too 21 or 24 points and put up 42 -

EstablishedSooner1967
11/29/2007, 11:58 AM
Are you kidding me... if we blitz that leaves a lot of good Mizzu WR open and Chase would love that.. OU needs to get pressure with there front line as they did the last game. I am not saying not blitz just be creative about it.. and not sell out to it..
Create turnovers!!!

GoTigers
11/29/2007, 12:16 PM
Misery wants you to blitz. They know the Chase is good enough to get it out into the space where you just blitzed from. Blitzing will get you burned deep, which turns into big plays and quick scores.

Not saying we never blitz, but just be careful with it. Blitzing Tech did not seem to make much of a difference against a really good QB - he just dumped it off to the short routes.

Our base defense won before against this offense, let's not re-invent the wheel.
Hit it on the head. This is exactly what Mizzou hopes opponents will do. Nobody has done it yet. Hopefully someone does.

i'd like to see us do something similar to what the eagles did to the patriots on monday night (with moss). refering back to the original post, somewhat... i'd like to see a safety (possibly harris) play a zoneish/man to protect from maclin getting deep. a sort of "semi spy". mizzou doesn't have a welker-type to kill us underneath, so blitzing should work well. just my $.02.

Well we don't have a 5'9'' 185 guy to go underneath, but we do have 2 6'6" guys.

silverwheels
11/29/2007, 12:17 PM
We played it pretty well the first game. I'm sure the coaches will know what to do.

usmc-sooner
11/29/2007, 12:19 PM
Hit it on the head. This is exactly what Mizzou hopes opponents will do. Nobody has done it yet. Hopefully someone does.

Well we don't have a 5'9'' 185 guy to go underneath, but we do have 2 6'6" guys.

yeah we saw those 6'6" guys the first time we kicked your as#

fadada1
11/29/2007, 12:40 PM
yeah we saw those 6'6" guys the first time we kicked your as#
same thing i was thinking.

Jello Biafra
11/29/2007, 12:45 PM
no dubt you guys will score on us....i see less than 17 BUT how are you going to stop us from sticking boots in your asss with the running game?

allen patrick is healthy this game and its failry obvious to everyone in the country (with the exception of the missou fans) that our line has a new attitude when it comes to running.....running the ball with success=passing the ball with success. so if we score on say 6 of 8 possesions......how many of those 6 scores will you guys be able to answer?

cvsooner
11/29/2007, 12:59 PM
Blitz more? No. Blitz more effectively? Yes.

Keys to this game:

Run hard and often. Line must be as physical as last game. MIzzou has a tendency to fade in the fourth quarter. The SOONER we get that process started, the better.

Keep our defense off the field. Conversely, keep their offense off the field. Disrupt their rhythm.

No turnovers.

Force turnovers and capitalize on them.

Don't kick to Maclin.

Beware trick plays. A team that is outmatched will dig down in the playbook to even the odds (see: Fiesta Bowl and Bozo State).

With Temple, they may try to run a bit more. They'd also like to keep OUR offense off the field. Three and outs will be big. Effective tackling will be a must.

Special teams play will be huge: their kicker has been perfect in Big 12 play, but on the other hand, their punter is lousy. Franks or Reggie (God forbid) could return one, finally.

Just to make it clear: Tackle. Tackle. Tackle. What killed Kansas as much as anything was YAC. Let them complete those short passes, but MAKE THE TACKLE AND MAKE IT NOW.

Sack Daniel three times, minimum.

Pass rush: hands up! Dude is not even six feet tall. Tipped balls usually are incomplete or intercepted.

Their secondary is better than decent, but we have to pass effectively. We also need big games out of our receivers, specifically blocking.

Figure we'll get eight possessions. Touchdowns on five of them will be super.

Decide at kickoff whether you want to go back to the Fiesta Bowl...or to the Cotton Bowl. Do you want to play a night game before a nationwide audience or have to get up at 6:30 in the morning on New Year's Day to play in a cold stadium and nobody watches the game?

SoonerBBall
11/29/2007, 01:11 PM
Good God. Looking at these comments you'd think we lost the last game.

Our defensive scheme against Mizzou was nearly perfect in Oct. A lot of you b*tch about BV not ever switching it up, but he did that game. We went to 3 down linemen from 4 and promptly got eaten up and scored on. In the second half we went back to 4 down linemen and basically stopped them at will until we went to Prevent to finish up the game. We also forced plenty of turnovers and offensive miscues that day. Why in the world would we need to come up with a new gameplan when the one we have was pretty dead on?

aero
11/29/2007, 01:18 PM
Which is basically impossible in college football. Not sure how long you think the secondary can be expected to blanket cover each and every receiver, but...you know....yeah.
Exactly. Actually, impossible in pro's too. Even mediocre qb's can look good given time. A few really good qb's can perform under pressure. Any qb under pressure is going to be more likely to make mistakes. How many times do you see a qb with time screw up enough times to lose a game? When I've seen Manning lose, he was under pressure. Even Brady was having trouble with Philly due to pressure. What qb is better under pressure than he is with time? If you don't pressure and get to the qb, the pressure then goes on the db's. And I don't think our db's are bad. But we've played some pretty good passing offenses that would give anybody trouble.

cvsooner
11/29/2007, 01:21 PM
Our defensive scheme against Mizzou was nearly perfect in Oct. A lot of you b*tch about BV not ever switching it up, but he did that game. We went to 3 down linemen from 4 and promptly got eaten up and scored on. In the second half we went back to 4 down linemen and basically stopped them at will until we went to Prevent to finish up the game. We also forced plenty of turnovers and offensive miscues that day. Why in the world would we need to come up with a new gameplan when the one we have was pretty dead on?

Well, you're assuming they will do exactly what they did last time. I'm sure they will be making adjustments and we have to be prepared to adjust as well. I don't think we need a whole new gameplan, but obviously they're going to work on counteracting the things that worked against them. As will we.

The best news about playing these guys again over Kansas is the fact that prep time has already been done once this year and maybe you can work on a few things you would like to have worked on already.

Enough. Let's just play the dang game.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2007, 01:45 PM

I think sticking with the same game plan in a rematch is the trap that evens up the odds for the loser of the first game. Obviously the loser is going to make changes to try to fix what didn't work. I think the winning team needs to watch the films with a very critical eye and do the same. I trust Bob and his coaches to do this. But I expect a similar game plan from both teams because you have to do what you are good at doing and huge changes in assignments lead to confusion and mistakes. The key to success on defense is the same as offense - you have to mix it up. Blitz when you don't think they expect it, rotate man coverage and various zones, etc. The only teams you can just blitz and overpower are teams that are significantly inferior to you and that ain't the case this week.

SoonerBBall
11/29/2007, 02:55 PM
I think sticking with the same game plan in a rematch is the trap that evens up the odds for the loser of the first game. Obviously the loser is going to make changes to try to fix what didn't work. I think the winning team needs to watch the films with a very critical eye and do the same. I trust Bob and his coaches to do this. But I expect a similar game plan from both teams because you have to do what you are good at doing and huge changes in assignments lead to confusion and mistakes. The key to success on defense is the same as offense - you have to mix it up. Blitz when you don't think they expect it, rotate man coverage and various zones, etc. The only teams you can just blitz and overpower are teams that are significantly inferior to you and that ain't the case this week.

I understand what you and cvsooner are saying, and I'm aware that they will be making changes. I just saying that the last game we did really well against their offense, and to think that all of the sudden they'll have some wildly different, indefesible scheme is pretty silly. We'll be making changes too, and I'm pretty sure Bob and Brent will have a prefectly good game plan to stop them.

birddog
11/29/2007, 03:15 PM

you mizzou fans are sure chock full of humility.:rolleyes:

your football program has never been relevant as long as i've been alive (i'm 34) but i always heard your basketball fans left something to be desired.

good to see you're consistent.

StiffyMU
11/29/2007, 03:19 PM
you don't need to blitz more, what you need is more cow bell.

snp
11/29/2007, 03:26 PM

This is coming from the same group of people that aren't happy with the 10th ranked scoring defense and will call for Venerables head whenever a pass is completed.

hellogoodbye
11/29/2007, 03:27 PM
This is the way I see it:

In order to confuse their offense, we need to run what I like to call the "Alabama Stack".

We basically have 11 NG's, stacked one behind the other in a straight line, two yards apart each. So a full microsecond before the ball is snapped, everybody runs to their regularly assigned position. Or they won't. This will confuse Daniel as he hasn't ever seen it before. I know this, because I just made this defense up.

This gives us depth, as the last person is twenty yards from the line of scrimmage, and they can't run up the middle since we've got basically 11 guys right there.

Sure, you say, they can run to the outside. But that's the beauty of this defense: they don't know if we're going to stay lined up, or if we're going to spread out right before the snap of the ball. It'll confuse them.

When Brent leaves for Arkansas, I'll be sending in this design to Stoops. You may then call me DC MiccoMacey. I'll try to remember you little people.

thats a classic
added dimension would be to face away from the LoS. call it the long stick.
pure wizardry

HopeSpringsEternal
11/29/2007, 03:43 PM
Good grief, did anyone even bother actually watching the first game? They blitzed a TON! They used 3 down linemen many times and brought pressure from several different postions by blitzing. That's one of the reasons they won. Vulnerables actually did something aggressive and Mizzou wasn't ready for it. As soon as they went into soft coverage though, they moved the ball at will. Kansas tried to get after them too, however they picked up the blitzes and roasted their D. This game will not go the same way as the first.

HopeSpringsEternal
11/29/2007, 03:45 PM
This is coming from the same group of people that aren't happy with the 70th ranked passing defense and will call for Venerables head whenever a 3rd and forever is completed to a wide open receiver.

fixed it for ya

birddog
11/29/2007, 03:53 PM
i wonder where other teams defense would rank if they played 4 of the top 10offenses in the country?

Blitzkrieg
11/29/2007, 03:53 PM
The spread was born to combat the blitz. We'd play right into their hands to play an aggressive man. Rememebr our run in 2000? Remember our numbers going from 40 points a game to 17 points a game at the end of the season? People learned to zone us and make us earn those points.

Stoops and BV know exactly how to play CD. The players have to execute their assignments, and we will win Saturday night.

ashley
11/29/2007, 04:21 PM
You wont see much against 5 wides. They have torched a lot of opponents that tried to blitz very much. Don't give up the home run and keep the receivers in front of the DB's and we will be ok on defense. On offense don't turn the ball over, maintain good field position, drive the ball and we will win.

Tigersnumerouno
11/29/2007, 05:10 PM
Don't know if you guys think you can do the x's and o's better than the "stoop"guy but never hurts to try.

Yeah that's the ticket--blitz. Nobody ever thought of that this season. LOL

Cover the recievers longer. hey that's a great idea. Why not tell the kicker to kick it through the uprights on every kickoff--have the same effect.

No, the deal is that once the game starts the football bounces in funny ways and that combined with the skill of the teams will determine the outcome.

Some observations.

1) Oklahoma seems more vulnerable since the last time Missouri was a really good team. --- that was 1969 and Oklahoma with it's proud heritage thought they could run the ball down Mizzou's throat with a guy named Steve Owens. He got some yards--OU got beat. Didn't work out so well. Although still a good team this is not one of the better sooner teams and will likely fit better in a lessor bowl.

2) They have not shown the ability to stop the spread offense. Both Tech and Mizzou ran up big numbers against the d of Ok. Claiming the quarterback's injury led to Tech moving the ball at will against the defense is silly. btw--why could OU not run the ball down tech's throat and control the clock? OU is very vulnerable to a good passer in the spread offense.

3) OU has not played well away from home. Have got whacked twice and played other very close games that on paper seemed to be no contest.

4) A freshman quarterback coming back from injury was not threatened or asked to do much in the game against an outmatched Oakie state team. He will be tested--ask Reesing.

5) Missouri is much more confident going into San Antonio than going into the October game. With Stoops trying to manufacture controversy, I'd say that Stoops knows they are coming in a much better team. At norman in October MU perhaps felt they needed trickery to match up. Now they know they don't. My guess is that they will just play their standard offense and move the ball very well against OU and have your defense on their heels just hoping that Missouri makes a mistake. (And they might well do so) --but don't look for anything like the last game until you prove you can stop their regular---"Chase to one of a half dozen targets" and "Temple right" and "Temple left". I honestly think that will be all they need to do.

So I'll leave the x's and o's to ya'll. But thinking that blitzing is the answer is pretty funny. Thinking that you can control the ballgame with your second string running back seems more like a hope than a strategy. Mc something or other for the Jaytalkers was supposed to do the same thing last week.

It will likely be a good game and you just might win. But I rubbed elbows with a lot of KU fans who thought the same thing last Saturday. The BS in the shuttle bus going to the game by the over confident Jayhawks was exceeded by their tears and anger going back to the hotel.

Could be a close game or maybe not even close. Hope your guys come out of the team healthy and win your bowl! See you in San Antonio!!

KHS Sooner
11/29/2007, 05:12 PM
A freshman quarterback coming back from injury was not threatened or asked to do much in the game against an outmatched Oakie state team. He will be tested--ask Reesing.

I don't think coming off a concussion really hurts him, he's been fine for a while.......

silverwheels
11/29/2007, 05:17 PM
Tigersnumerouno...that's nice and all, but did you beat OU earlier this season? No. Just because you held the lead for 11 out of the 60 minutes, it doesn't mean you were the better team. We were better by a decent margin.

Man, it still seems like Mizzou fans think they actually won that game.

Jello Biafra
11/29/2007, 05:25 PM
Don't know if you guys think you can do the x's and o's better than the "stoop"guy but never hurts to try.

Yeah that's the ticket--blitz. Nobody ever thought of that this season. LOL

Cover the recievers longer. hey that's a great idea. Why not tell the kicker to kick it through the uprights on every kickoff--have the same effect.

No, the deal is that once the game starts the football bounces in funny ways and that combined with the skill of the teams will determine the outcome.

Some observations.

1) Oklahoma seems more vulnerable since the last time Missouri was a really good team. --- that was 1969 and Oklahoma with it's proud heritage thought they could run the ball down Mizzou's throat with a guy named Steve Owens. He got some yards--OU got beat. Didn't work out so well. Although still a good team this is not one of the better sooner teams and will likely fit better in a lessor bowl.

2) They have not shown the ability to stop the spread offense. Both Tech and Mizzou ran up big numbers against the d of Ok. Claiming the quarterback's injury led to Tech moving the ball at will against the defense is silly. btw--why could OU not run the ball down tech's throat and control the clock? OU is very vulnerable to a good passer in the spread offense.

3) OU has not played well away from home. Have got whacked twice and played other very close games that on paper seemed to be no contest.

4) A freshman quarterback coming back from injury was not threatened or asked to do much in the game against an outmatched Oakie state team. He will be tested--ask Reesing.

5) Missouri is much more confident going into San Antonio than going into the October game. With Stoops trying to manufacture controversy, I'd say that Stoops knows they are coming in a much better team. At norman in October MU perhaps felt they needed trickery to match up. Now they know they don't. My guess is that they will just play their standard offense and move the ball very well against OU and have your defense on their heels just hoping that Missouri makes a mistake. (And they might well do so) --but don't look for anything like the last game until you prove you can stop their regular---"Chase to one of a half dozen targets" and "Temple right" and "Temple left". I honestly think that will be all they need to do.

So I'll leave the x's and o's to ya'll. But thinking that blitzing is the answer is pretty funny. Thinking that you can control the ballgame with your second string running back seems more like a hope than a strategy. Mc something or other for the Jaytalkers was supposed to do the same thing last week.

It will likely be a good game and you just might win. But I rubbed elbows with a lot of KU fans who thought the same thing last Saturday. The BS in the shuttle bus going to the game by the over confident Jayhawks was exceeded by their tears and anger going back to the hotel.

Could be a close game or maybe not even close. Hope your guys come out of the team healthy and win your bowl! See you in San Antonio!!

jesus! did you just climb out of a bottle? I have read better papers from my 10 year old....what ever helps you graduate though. Yah! public school !

anyway, all this aside, i think you have zero clue what you are talking about. first and foremost, we are not kansas. we would beat kansas 9 out of 10 times. i know it. you know it and about half the country knows it. have you stopped to wonder why vegas has us as a favorite? because they think you guys are posers.

that second string running back beat you guys like a drum to the tune of 157 yards by himself last year and the third string running back had 46. guess what, both those guys are still on the team. look for more of those two this weekend. Before you start lipping off about us not being able to run the ball, you better check yourself. Although murray is the starter, make no mistake, anyone of these three runningbacks can and will hurt you. patrick is the quickest to hole you will see in the conference. i bet he gets a minimum of 100 this weekend. if you guys can't stop the run, it's over. period. the last game you guys barely touched bradford and he was all over you guys... look for more of that.

check this out.....your qb is supposedly a heisman candidate....ask any team in conference how the heisman winners did against us in the past. without looking into the history books, two that pop into my head are senneca wallaca and matt jones. look it up you'll be amazed. temple will not run on us. lake columbia barbie doll will be hit. hard and often.

pull your head out big guy. the view is much better and the air has a lot less sulfur in it.

Blitzkrieg
11/29/2007, 05:33 PM
If you can't understand how losing your QB on the first play might add to you have trouble running and stopping the opposing offense, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Tech loaded the box and sold out stopping our run, knowing a QB that is getting his first snaps of the season is not a real serious threat to open things up. As for our defense, we were going 3 and out giving them field position, and we simply wore or D-line out to the point they couldn't muster a rush. By then Tech simply smelled blood and went to town on us. How would MU do on the road if CD was knocked out? Ou only allowed tech 7 points in the second half, Why? Because we had field position and moved the ball offensively, giving the defense rest. They are inter-connected.

I really like your logic of pointing to our past loss as definitive proof that we struggle, but ignore the fact we beat you in a head to head by throwing out the qualifier that "MU has gotten so much better since then." Based on what? Because the media says so? I could say Letting A&M be within a score of you in the 4th qtr, when Ou lead them 35-0 to start the 4th quarter? Or letting Ksu run all over you, and trail by 3 points before they self destructed points to an MU team that is no better, but none of it matters Saturday night. MU and OU will play with a clean slate, winner take all.

I know MU fans see this as a great opportunity, and I think the game is a coin toss, with 1 crucial mistake potentially being the gamebreaker, but be aware you are going to be very surprised at what that little numeral one next to your name and the fact you are playing for a national championship will do to your team and more importantly your coaches. Things get very tight in champ games, and one turnover can snowball into a mountain of momentum. While you have skill players to play with OU, our D and O lines are considerably better than yours, and if there is an injury of a single starter for MU, it will be magnified and exploited. Pinkel likes to play a certain style, but don't be surprised if he goes ultra conservative especially early, and don't be surprised if OU kicks an onside kick, or opens up the playbook. We have the luxury in this game that we rarely have, and that is no pressure, and I think we'll play accordingly.

It will be a good game, and I won't be disappointed to lose to MU, IF you go on to win the national championship. I think we are clearly the two best teams in the league, and I think both are legit top 5 teams. I hope the game lives up to the hype.

Tigersnumerouno
11/29/2007, 05:58 PM
"Although murray is the starter, make no mistake, anyone of these three runningbacks can and will hurt you. patrick is the quickest to hole you will see in the conference. i bet he gets a minimum of 100 this weekend."

My goodness, think before you type. You are now measuring your success in a second string running back getting 100 yards against the number one team in the nation. Well if that is your criteria for success the game is over and you have lost.

I don't know how good or how bad your guy is--I know last week I heard the same tune about the "Mc something" guy from the jaytalkers. I don't know for sure but I think he got like 40 yards on a slew of carries. If your second stringer gets 100 yards and the Tigers get 550, I'm guessing everyone in black and gold will be happy.

Now tech scored a ton of points on you and went for a ton of yards. I don't think it's fair to blame your offense for that. Maybe you have improved since the Tech blowout. Maybe you have improved since you squeaked by Iowa state. Maybe you have improved a whole lot since Colorado cleaned your clock. I know that Missouri has improved tremendously since getting beat at your home field. Everybody thinks they are better than the other guy. That's what makes it great and allowed me to have a chance to make some money on this game as well as have the satisfaction of seeing Mizzou in the National Championship game.

For Missouri nothing is bigger than last weeks game. 40 outta 49 is pretty good under pressure. I truly believe there is much more pressure on OU in this game. They would much rather be facing a conventional offense than the spread.

If I am wrong and you guys win; I hope you guys go to the big bowl rather than the Jaytalkers. But I don't think I am.

Blitzkrieg
11/29/2007, 06:01 PM
So I'll leave the x's and o's to ya'll. But thinking that blitzing is the answer is pretty funny.
It might be a blitz that costs you a national title and your boy the heisman.

My goodness, think before you type. You are now measuring your success in a second string running back getting 100 yards against the number one team in the nation.
Murray has never started a game at RB for OU. Our starter is going to start, his backup is starter #1a, he's the guy that had an all conference type game agsinst you last time.

That number one is more of a burden than a blessing - you'll see.

You guys have a backup out there at safety that is really not first team caliber (Garrett), and don't think Kevin Wilson hasn't figured that out yet. I'll bet Mr Kelly for OU knows about him too.

en4cer
11/29/2007, 06:11 PM

Toooooo easy.

So I'll leave the x's and o's to ya'll.

good idea

But thinking that blitzing is the answer is pretty funny.

If you think the x's and o's guy's think this you are kidding yourself.

Thinking that you can control the ballgame with your second string running back seems more like a hope than a strategy.

AP is starting. I'm thinking you're not a talent scout.

Mc something or other for the Jaytalkers was supposed to do the same thing last week.

This isn't the jayhawks O-line...

Jello Biafra
11/29/2007, 06:13 PM
"Although murray is the starter, make no mistake, anyone of these three runningbacks can and will hurt you. patrick is the quickest to hole you will see in the conference. i bet he gets a minimum of 100 this weekend."

My goodness, think before you type. You are now measuring your success in a second string running back getting 100 yards against the number one team in the nation. Well if that is your criteria for success the game is over and you have lost.

i'm measuring our success by what we've done in the past. fact: our oline is MUUUCH bigger and more physical than kasnas'. i don't give a fugg that chicken mcnugget got 40 on you. we will hit you in the mouth again and again because it has become personal to the staff at this school and simply because you won't be able to stop it.

I don't know how good or how bad your guy is--I know last week I heard the same tune about the "Mc something" guy from the jaytalkers. I don't know for sure but I think he got like 40 yards on a slew of carries. If your second stringer gets 100 yards and the Tigers get 550, I'm guessing everyone in black and gold will be happy.

pfft. you won't get close to 500 much less 550. take it to the bank.

Now tech scored a ton of points on you and went for a ton of yards. I don't think it's fair to blame your offense for that.

sure it is. if you knew a damn thing about football, you would know that keeping their O off the field keeps our d fresh and us scoring points. make sure you take notes because that is exactly what we will be doing to your boys.

Maybe you have improved since the Tech blowout. Maybe you have improved since you squeaked by Iowa state. Maybe you have improved a whole lot since Colorado cleaned your clock. I know that Missouri has improved tremendously since getting beat at your home field.

and how do you know? quality of opponents? mmmhmm

Everybody thinks they are better than the other guy. That's what makes it great and allowed me to have a chance to make some money on this game as well as have the satisfaction of seeing Mizzou in the National Championship game.

For Missouri nothing is bigger than last weeks game. 40 outta 49 is pretty good under pressure. I truly believe there is much more pressure on OU in this game. They would much rather be facing a conventional offense than the spread.

apples and oranges fruit cake. the defense isn't even close to the same size, speed and skill set. 40 out of 49 is pretty good. that tells me that the 3 man rush that i saw the entire game wasn't getting the pressure needed. but if i were a missou fan, i would claim offensive superiority... much like you are doing. we have had pressure before. it's not like we've never had to play anyone. hide and watch....you'll be a few dollars poorer saturday night

If I am wrong and you guys win; I hope you guys go to the big bowl rather than the Jaytalkers. But I don't think I am.

suck it.

Jello Biafra
11/29/2007, 06:20 PM
You guys have a backup out there at safety that is really not first team caliber (Garrett), and don't think Kevin Wilson hasn't figured that out yet. I'll bet Mr Kelly for OU knows about him too.

shhhh don't tell him that. i don't think these holes have figured out everyone of our receivers are 6'3" or greater. I just wish i could see their faces when they finally stop the run for a few plays then we hit kelly or gresham on a deep slant :)

snp
11/29/2007, 11:49 PM
fixed it for ya

Last I checked, yards aren't points.

HopeSpringsEternal
11/30/2007, 02:11 AM
Last I checked giving up that many yards in that kind of fashion to pud teams gets 54 hung on you in a NC game by a team that knows how to exploit you and is not afraid to pass on you until you've got All-American defensive ends standing on the sideline ****ing and moaning about catching the red-eye back to Oklahoma on national TV. Yeah he's tops in my book.

snp
11/30/2007, 02:25 AM
or having a few red zone turnovers and having most of the team quit will allow a talented team like USC exploit a defense for 55 points.

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2007, 02:42 AM
Referring back to the title of the thread, I just think we need to WIN more against Missouri!

SoonerBBall
11/30/2007, 12:12 PM
I love how all the Tiger fans act like they weren't down 17 points with 15 seconds left in the game.

T__T

swardboy
11/30/2007, 01:47 PM
Damn these Mizzou fans are smart! No wonder their teams are perennial contenders for the Big XII......oh, wait......

Tigersnumerouno
11/30/2007, 02:15 PM
How many years will it take for the Sunnis to go to the spread?

My guess 10 yrs and 3 coaches.

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 02:24 PM
Chase Daniel...1 TD pass every 119:48 against OU in his career.

cheezyq
11/30/2007, 04:15 PM
I know last week I heard the same tune about the "Mc something" guy from the jaytalkers. I don't know for sure but I think he got like 40 yards on a slew of carries. If your second stringer gets 100 yards and the Tigers get 550, I'm guessing everyone in black and gold will be happy.

Dude is smokin' some serious weed here. Go ahead and compare us to KU, see where that gets you. Until tomorrow....scoreboard.

cheezyq
11/30/2007, 04:19 PM
Maybe you have improved since you squeaked by Iowa state.

Someone remind this guy what the score was when MU played Iowa State...AT HOME.

cheezyq
11/30/2007, 04:21 PM
...Sunnis...

Is this supposed to be an insult of some sort? I hate to say it, but even the agglets are more clever with their "gooners". :rolleyes:

Stoop Dawg
11/30/2007, 04:56 PM
How many years will it take for the Sunnis to go to the spread?

My guess 10 yrs and 3 coaches.

How many years will it take before the Tiggers are relevant in Big 12 football again?

My guess is 50 years, at least.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:12 PM
How many years will it take before the Tiggers are relevant in Big 12 football again?

My guess is 50 years, at least.

Hey now...I'm looking forward to this game again next year...:D

GO TIGERS!!!

Octavian
11/30/2007, 07:39 PM
Chase Daniel career stats vs. Oklahoma

TD passes - 1

INTs - 5

Wins - 0

BV and the D have been doing somethin' right.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:43 PM
Chase Daniel career stats vs. Oklahoma

TD passes - 1

INTs - 5

Wins - 0

BV and the D have been doing somethin' right.

And THAT is why I'm nervous about the game tomorrow.

GO TIGERS!!!

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 08:32 PM
Y'all have some playmakers, though. It'll be a tough game. I still say it'll go down to the fourth quarter, just like last time.

Unless we play as well as we're capable of playing, with no turnovers, few penalties, no busted pass coverages, and no injuries. If we play like that, then I'm not sure there's a team in the country that can beat us.

We STILL have not played as well as we can. We have not put together a superb game, yet. We have two more chances.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 08:54 PM
Someone remind this guy what the score was when MU played Iowa State...AT HOME.

iowa state scored 28 on them at home?

wow. also, if you let us get 245 yards rushing to the tune of 6.0 a carry like you did in the ole miss game.....its gonna get ugly.