PDA

View Full Version : What? They've been smackin' and dissin' us?

MamaMia
11/28/2007, 10:01 PM
Hi guys, just got home from a 2 day shopping trip in the city. I scanned a couple of threads about some Missouri smackin' and dissin' but no specifics. What in the name of Sam Hill have they been saying, and who's been saying it? :confused:

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 10:02 PM
Your answer: we haven't been. Chase Daniel said that OU capitalized on Mizzou mistakes (which they did) and he's working on not making these mistakes again.

chad
11/28/2007, 10:05 PM
Basics are that the players and media are now saying Mizzou gave the game to OU in the 4th quarter. Neglecting the fact that OU turned the ball over 2 times, which resulted in 14 points.

Mizzou was -2 on turnovers, and -10 in points off of turnovers (7 of those points came with 3 minutes left, when the game was, for arguments sake, already over)

The Media is doing what they are paid to do, hype a game to get more viewers.
The players are trying to justify, in their minds, that they can actually win this game.

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 10:06 PM
Basics are that the players and media are now saying Mizzou gave the game to OU in the 4th quarter. Neglecting the fact that OU turned the ball over 2 times as well with resulted in 14 points.

The Media is doing what they are paid to do, hype a game to get more viewers.
The players are trying to justify, in their minds, that they can actually win this game.
We can... you really aren't so good you're unbeatable.

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 10:07 PM
Your answer: we haven't been. Chase Daniel said that OU capitalized on Mizzou mistakes (which they did) and he's working on not making these mistakes again.

Yeah, and he said it just like that....:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2007, 10:08 PM
I think the point was that BOTH teams made mistakes but people only want to talk about the mistakes MU made.

If both teams played error free that game OU would have still won.

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 10:10 PM
I think the point was that BOTH teams made mistakes but people only want to talk about the mistakes MU made.

A reflecion of he HC and team leaders of each eam.
OU=No Excuses
MU=well, you know

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, and he said it just like that....:rolleyes:
"After we watched the film, we [saw we] gave the ballgame away in the fourth quarter. We were up 24-23, then self-destructed. We're a much more mature team now and we're ready.”

Exactly what about this is untrue/offensive?

chad
11/28/2007, 10:14 PM
Not saying OU isn't unbeatable as we already have 2 losses; however OU does have a victory over your Tigers this season, so there is justification for my remark.

Your Tiger's claims are 'what if' statements, What if's don't change anything. Thus it is mental justification that they are better.

goingoneight
11/28/2007, 10:15 PM
Absolutely correct, GoTigers. Everyone has their panties in a wad thinking there's some war a'brewin.

Having said that, if you're going to take away his mistakes, take away Oklahoma's mistakes.

Two Iglesias fumbles resulted in 14 Tiger points.
Garrett Hartley's missed extra point is the only reason Mizzou took the lead.

Both teams had some critical mistakes. I think OUrs were mostly guys getting lazy on their home field. The fumbled handoff was a product of miscommunication on Mizzou's part, giftwrapped by 85,000 Sooner fans who drowned out Maclin's playcall in the huddle.

A. OU will miss Auston English and DeMarco Murray.
B. Mizzou welcomes back talented Tony Temple, but will miss C. Brown.
C. Is Sam Bradford really okay, or did OSU just suck really badly on defense? I'll put my money on the ladder, but he sure looked okay last week.
D. OU still has Malcom Kelly, Juaqin Iglesias, Joe Jon Finley, Jermaine Gresham and Allen Patrick... guys who have been known to give Missouri fits.

Mizzou looks to be hitting on all cylinders now, but I can't honestly say I truly believe they are any different now than they were before the KU game. Had KU not whiffed on two field goals, that game is dead even. IOW, I don't profess to know anything is better, worse or different now... aside from the fact that we need to play well outside of Norman.

If the OU team plays like the OU team that played Texas, it will be over early in the 4th. That still was their best showing in a competitive matchup this season. They have to want it, and want it bad is all I'm saying. If we fumble, drop passes and break down defensively, Mizzou could score the W.

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 10:16 PM
"After we watched the film, we [saw we] gave the ballgame away in the fourth quarter. We were up 24-23, then self-destructed. We're a much more mature team now and we're ready.”

Exactly what about this is untrue/offensive?It's untrue because you were only in the game for the exact reasons why you now say you lost it. Geez you people are thick.

85sooners
11/28/2007, 10:27 PM
f em

madillsoonerfan5353
11/28/2007, 10:41 PM

If both teams played error free that game OU would have still won.

And the cheap score with 17 seconds left, made the game closer than it was!!

:hot:

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 10:51 PM

Well, the fact that Boogers is the one who peed down his leg (botched a handoff to Maclin and two picks, one very late in the game) and chose the word "we" to describe his self-destruction is a little offensive. :D

SoonerKnight
11/28/2007, 10:52 PM
Hi guys, just got home from a 2 day shopping trip in the city. I scanned a couple of threads about some Missouri smackin' and dissin' but no specifics. What in the name of Sam Hill have they been saying, and who's been saying it? :confused:

heres what they are saying:

Jeremy Maclin on why Missouri was able to turn the OU loss into a positive:

"Because we felt like we gave the game away. We were up 24-23. We had two or three turnovers after that. You can't do that against a good program. That's why I feel like we can play with them.”

Here is what Bob is saying:

Some Missouri players have contended this week that their turnovers gave OU the victory.

“If they (say) they gave them to us, I think the first interception, we’ve got a blitz on and he throws it right down the middle and D.J. Wolfe steps in front of it and intercepts it,” Stoops said. “That’s a pretty good play when you’ve got pressure on. In the fourth quarter, Auston English tips a ball to Nic Harris.

That’s forced when you tip it.

“You can spin it however you want. I know this, when we’re kicking off with 2:20 to go in the game, we’re up three possessions.

“If that’s giving it to us, I’ll take it every time.”

That should clear it up for ya. :D

Forever A Tiger
11/28/2007, 10:54 PM
Absolutely correct, GoTigers. Everyone has their panties in a wad thinking there's some war a'brewin.

Having said that, if you're going to take away his mistakes, take away Oklahoma's mistakes.

Two Iglesias fumbles resulted in 14 Tiger points.
Garrett Hartley's missed extra point is the only reason Mizzou took the lead.

Both teams had some critical mistakes. I think OUrs were mostly guys getting lazy on their home field. The fumbled handoff was a product of miscommunication on Mizzou's part, giftwrapped by 85,000 Sooner fans who drowned out Maclin's playcall in the huddle.

A. OU will miss Auston English and DeMarco Murray.
B. Mizzou welcomes back talented Tony Temple, but will miss C. Brown.
C. Is Sam Bradford really okay, or did OSU just suck really badly on defense? I'll put my money on the ladder, but he sure looked okay last week.
D. OU still has Malcom Kelly, Juaqin Iglesias, Joe Jon Finley, Jermaine Gresham and Allen Patrick... guys who have been known to give Missouri fits.

Mizzou looks to be hitting on all cylinders now, but I can't honestly say I truly believe they are any different now than they were before the KU game. Had KU not whiffed on two field goals, that game is dead even. IOW, I don't profess to know anything is better, worse or different now... aside from the fact that we need to play well outside of Norman.

If the OU team plays like the OU team that played Texas, it will be over early in the 4th. That still was their best showing in a competitive matchup this season. They have to want it, and want it bad is all I'm saying. If we fumble, drop passes and break down defensively, Mizzou could score the W.

I agree with most of what you say. However, to say that if KU hadn't whiffed on those two FGs the game would have been dead even is not correct. To say that you have to assume Mizzou would have played the same way in the fourth quarter. No way would they have. They wouldn't have laid back some on defense and they would have been more agressive on offense.

Plus saying it would have been different is like saying our first game would have been different without the turnovers. Granted both would have been "different" but there certainly no guarantee the end result would have been. And the reality is the FG kicker is part of the team and we clearly are superior in that dept. to KU. Maybe to anyone since Wolfert is absolutely perfect in 16 Big XII games; 23/23 FGs made and all extra points.

The best team clearly won Saturday night. Amazingly most KU fans on their board agree. The best team also won our game in October. Where we disagree is what that means for this game. I say very little as the game is 0-0. Some of you (perhaps not you) seem to think that automatically means you win. Either they are just throwing out smack or they are ignorant to the realities of sports.

It will be a good game and I suspect the best team will win.

Jello Biafra
11/28/2007, 10:59 PM

maybe chase didn't make the mistakes as much as we MADE him make the mistakes....how bout that tough guy?

its just arrogant for your johnny come lately team all of the sudden just drop a few passes and handoffs and claim they made mistakes....it happens..... yeh but sometimes there are just teams out there that will take your cornbread from you....that would be us.

kevpks
Mizzou had the lead for about 3 minutes. Unless those three minutes come at the end of the game, it is called a loss. You can "what if" it to death but there are no mulligans in football. For confirmation you can ask Gary Barnett. I am sure he is not busy.

I also love how Pinkel is a genius all of a sudden. How many Tiger fans were ready to run him out of town for wasting Brad Smith's talent for four years?

SoonerKnight

“You can spin it however you want. I know this, when we’re kicking off with 2:20 to go in the game, we’re up three possessions.

BuckyB
11/28/2007, 11:05 PM
Is Auston English definitely not playing?

Jello Biafra
11/28/2007, 11:08 PM
Is Auston English definitely not playing?

although he would be welcomed, we have a couple of other Dends that can play a lil ball.

Forever A Tiger
11/28/2007, 11:12 PM

You have the same problem so many do. You don't know the difference between facts and your opinion.

If you KNOW what will happen why aren't you in Vegas so you will never have to work again?

Now we both know the truth about that, don't we?

Jello Biafra
11/28/2007, 11:20 PM
You have the same problem so many do. You don't know the difference between facts and your opinion.

If you KNOW what will happen why aren't you in Vegas so you will never have to work again?

dear forever,

when your team has won something (anything) come back and talk to us.
please git your dumb azz back in the window and get my tacos and bean burritos to me asap.......

sincerely,

jello

SoonerKnight
11/29/2007, 12:22 AM

Hey Doof that was a quote from Coach Stoops about the last time we played your sorry team!!!! What a Doof!!! All you had to do was read the post above that and it would give ya the full quote. The point is you guys had 4 turnovers 3 of them were forced so I go with what Bob said!! You Doofus!!

Heres the full quote:

“If they (say) they gave them to us, I think the first interception, we’ve got a blitz on and he throws it right down the middle and D.J. Wolfe steps in front of it and intercepts it,” Stoops said. “That’s a pretty good play when you’ve got pressure on. In the fourth quarter, Auston English tips a ball to Nic Harris.

That’s forced when you tip it.

“If that’s giving it to us, I’ll take it every time.”

Now go play in some kitty litter your starting to stink up this board!!!

or click on this:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104355

SoonerMom2
11/29/2007, 01:58 AM

You are reminding more and more of a classless Aggie. I thought Missouri had class but I admit I was wrong.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerKnight

Originally Posted by Forever A Tiger

All I know is that if Missouri is the "show me state" then someone needs to show you how to read. That or next time SK will have to break out the chalkboard and hand puppets.

And seriously...I'm in Vegas and I know for a fact there's no money betting on the favorite! Check the spread and ask someone with a bit of common sense before you run off at the mouth again Tigger!

MamaMia
11/29/2007, 08:10 AM
Okay, its getting clear to me now. Missouri thinks they gave us the win and Chase McDaniels eats his boogers.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2007, 08:12 AM
Chase feels "picked on".

That's irony for ya.

MiccoMacey
11/29/2007, 08:39 AM

What's offensive/untrue is that he doesn't mention that OU played a part of that. It was "WE gave the ballgame away". Not that OU made great plays as well. There's no respect towards OU's play...you can't then whine about not getting respect from the bet spread maker people when you refuse to give others credit or respect.

That's offensive. And it's pretty immature.

Imagine if you and I played a game. And you won (which you wouldn't ;)). But all I said was that I gave you the game by my bad play. No mention of your good play. You can't tell me that you'd think I was a good sportsman about it.

But you are correct. We're not unbeatable. Missouri can win this game. I'm just hoping it goes the way of the first game.

CtheB
11/29/2007, 08:43 AM
In perspective, the temporary-like-a-one-night-stand top-ranked Mizzourah players aren't really talking smack, but rather doing their own little version of Stuart Smalley to try and convince themselves they belong.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2007, 08:46 AM
In perspective, the temporary-like-a-one-night-stand top-ranked Mizzourah players aren't really talking smack, but rather doing their own little version of Stuart Smalley to try and convince themselves they belong.
This is VERY accurate. And I really don't fault them all that much for doing it. They could show a little more maturity, but that would require players or coaches with the experience to lead them. They are blazing a new trail.....for them anyway

MiccoMacey
11/29/2007, 08:48 AM
The best team clearly won Saturday night. Amazingly most KU fans on their board agree. The best team also won our game in October. Where we disagree is what that means for this game. I say very little as the game is 0-0. Some of you (perhaps not you) seem to think that automatically means you win. Either they are just throwing out smack or they are ignorant to the realities of sports.

I say it means a lot more than you do. No huge deal...we aren't playing each other.

But I know that once I've played and beaten someone before in a sport, I feel more confident (not overconfident), and I know how to play you better the next time we face.

MU's not going to completely revamp their offensive and defensive philosophies, and neither will we. Both teams will tweak them a little from their base packages to correct where they were beaten, but at the end of the day both teams will play similar to what they did in October. It doesn't guarantee anything, but one team has shown it was clearly better than the other team.

Socrefbek
11/29/2007, 08:55 AM

Hmmmm ... "we saw we gave the ball bame away" ... not Missouri saw they gave they game away.

Chase! How many times as Coach Stinkel told you to stay of the damn message boards.

BTW, Chase how is the pressure of the big moment getting to you? Word is if you have a Monster game against OU and Misery wins that you will win the Heisman.

So lets reveiw this game only means the difference between Heisman/No Heisman, Big XII Champs/Chumps and BCS CG/Holiday Bowl. No sweat! :P

I say the moment is to big for you Booger McDaniels. :)

cheezyq
11/29/2007, 09:01 AM

Um...as I've said before. MU didn't give the game away. OU took the game away from MU. We jammed Chris Brown down your throats in the 4th quarter after OUR MISTAKES let you back into the game. You couldn't stop us, and you couldn't score on us until we either turned it over on our side of the field, or until we set up a prevent that allowed you to score in the final 20 seconds.

jeepdad
11/29/2007, 09:57 AM
maybe chase didn't make the mistakes as much as we MADE him make the mistakes....how bout that tough guy?

its just arrogant for your johnny come lately team all of the sudden just drop a few passes and handoffs and claim they made mistakes....it happens..... yeh but sometimes there are just teams out there that will take your cornbread from you....that would be us.

This "Johnny come lately" team was good enough to beat Colorado and Texas Tech by a combined 80 points. How in the world the Sooners lost to either of those teams is beyond me.

As far as taking the cornread from us (whatever the hell that means), just go back and look at the play-by-play in the 4th Qtr. Daniel LITERALLY handed the Sooners 7 points with the botched fumble/handoff, then turned around a threw an interception on first down two drives later that gave OU the ball on the 23-yard line. Was OU good enough to capitalize on these mistakes? Yes, any team worth their salt would have capitalized on those gifts.

He hasn't said it, but I'm sure Daniel feels personally responsible for the 4th quarter breakdown. He honestly feels he let his team down and didn't get the job done when it mattered. How in the world is that controversial?

It's funny; you guys blame your Texas Tech loss on the fact that your starting QB was injured. But when Chase Daniel wants to blame a loss on his poor performance/turnovers when the game was on the line, suddenly he's "being disrespectful" to the Sooners.

Seriously, enough with the fabricated controversies. I know Oklahoma has won umpteen conference championships, but if the team can't get motivated to win another Big 12 title without resorting to made-up controverisies then something is amiss in Soonerland.

Jello Biafra
11/29/2007, 10:04 AM
This "Johnny come lately" team was good enough to beat Colorado and Texas Tech by a combined 80 points. How in the world the Sooners lost to either of those teams is beyond me.

As far as taking the cornread from us (whatever the hell that means), just go back and look at the play-by-play in the 4th Qtr. Daniel LITERALLY handed the Sooners 7 points with the botched fumble/handoff, then turned around a threw an interception on first down two drives later that gave OU the ball on the 23-yard line. Was OU good enough to capitalize on these mistakes? Yes, any team worth their salt would have capitalized on those gifts.

He hasn't said it, but I'm sure Daniel feels personally responsible for the 4th quarter breakdown. He honestly feels he let his team down and didn't get the job done when it mattered. How in the world is that controversial?

It's funny; you guys blame your Texas Tech loss on the fact that your starting QB was injured. But when Chase Daniel wants to blame a loss on his poor performance/turnovers when the game was on the line, suddenly he's "being disrespectful" to the Sooners.

Seriously, enough with the fabricated controversies. I know Oklahoma has won umpteen conference championships, but if the team can't get motivated to win another Big 12 title without resorting to made-up controverisies then something is amiss in Soonerland.

why not just say "we played bad. we need to play better." instead of we gave em the game and we made some bad plays etc??? imagine if you will a defensive back studying his azz off all week watching film of the next qb he will face. he gets into the game and he can't make heads or tails of what is being thrwon at him when "WHAM" all of the sudden, he recognizes a formation.....then he recognizes the motion and now he starting to see the play unfold....he remembers the favorite target for this play. boom! he steps in and picks off the pass........was it all of that, or was it just that "eh chase made a bad choice"?
ill take the first. and i bet most of your players would take the first.....

C&CDean
11/29/2007, 10:09 AM

Let me just fill you in on a little secret:

Nobody posting on this board will be suited up and playing this Saturday. If we've got some goobers running their mouth about "no respect" and you've got some goobers running their mouth about "we gave it away" who the hell cares? Give it a ****ing rest already. We're gonna go out there and play on Saturday, and my only hope is that both teams play up to their full potential. If that happens, OU wins by 3 touchdowns. If either team starts shooting themselves in the foot, who knows?

Soonerknight,

Might I suggest you peruse the board rules? Especially the part about namecalling. YWIA.

badger
11/29/2007, 10:21 AM
neither are you... as you've already shown... against us :D

Sherpa
11/29/2007, 10:43 AM
For the first time in years, I'm sensing the Sooners are ****ed off at the disrespect MU and the media are giving them. What should have been a clear MU psychological advantage (we lost but know we could have won) might actually flip in our favor. Bet a lot of $ on the Sooners this weekend.

PS. KU is an above average football team.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2007, 10:46 AM
KU is a pretty good football team in spite of their cupcake schedule.

badger
11/29/2007, 10:52 AM
KU is a pretty good football team in spite of their cupcake schedule.
And you know why they had a cupcake schedule, right? Mangino eats cupcakes for breakfast (lunch, dinner and midnight snack)

:O

(groan)

OULenexaman
11/29/2007, 10:54 AM
a good old fashioned Roher 714 would fix all this....

jeepdad
11/29/2007, 11:02 AM
For the first time in years, I'm sensing the Sooners are ****ed off at the disrespect MU and the media are giving them. What should have been a clear MU psychological advantage (we lost but know we could have won) might actually flip in our favor. Bet a lot of $ on the Sooners this weekend.

If the Sooners are having to rely on fabricated bulletin board material to get ready for this game, I suggest they may have lost already.

badger
11/29/2007, 11:03 AM
I suggest they may have lost already.
you and everyone else outside of oklahoma :rolleyes:

move along, nothing to see here...

jeepdad
11/29/2007, 11:12 AM
you and everyone else outside of oklahoma :rolleyes:

move along, nothing to see here...

And we're not in Oklahoma now, are we?

Seriously, the neutral field and OU's medicore performances on the road this year bode well for the Tigers this time around.

Here's hoping for a good game and minimal mistakes from both teams.

The Maestro
11/29/2007, 11:19 AM
And we're not in Oklahoma now, are we?

Seriously, the neutral field and OU's medicore performances on the road this year bode well for the Tigers this time around.

Here's hoping for a good game and minimal mistakes from both teams.

Yeah, cause we really struggled to win in Columbia last year, right?

Oh, and to the Missouri fans intent on saying Daniel just gave OU 7 points...that's fine with me. I guess that means he sucked that night then. This is your best player ever just giving 7 points to the other team? Sounds like a Heisman candidate to me!

Big Red Ron
11/29/2007, 11:27 AM
I believe Texass would pound MU on a neutral field.

sanantoniosooner
11/29/2007, 11:32 AM
I disagree.

I think UT is more of a pretender this year than KU was.

CtheB
11/29/2007, 11:42 AM

Whoa, BRR, Mizzourah would have lit Texas' secondary up. So easy that even an A&M quarterback can do it.

Big Red Ron
11/29/2007, 11:50 AM
Whoa, BRR, Mizzourah would have lit Texas' secondary up. So easy that even an A&M quarterback can do it.Colt would have lit Missou's weak secondary too.

I think Missou is a shade of Kansas. Their best win is Illinois and Kansas?

Yee Haw

cheezyq
11/29/2007, 11:58 AM

And we beat you by 10.

Wrong. He didn't LITERALLY hand the Sooners 7 points. Did he go back to his own endzone and hand the ball to an OU player? Seriously? He LITERALLY tried to hand the ball off to Maclin and fumbled. And that play doesn't go OU's way if Lofton isn't in the backfield after blowing up your offensive line.

That's the problem. He doesn't say that. He says that they "gave the game away"

You need to hang around here and pay attention for a while before you start flinging your fingers on the keyboard. We lost because of: poor coaching, bad defense, missed tackles, Jon Bible, the NCAA hates us, and the biased national media.

How is this a "controversy"? Chase and your players said what they said. That's not a "controversy". That's a fact. Our coaches and players can choose to take it how they want.

It's awful hypocritical of you to cast us for whiners when your own QB complains about the point spread being in favor of OU. It doesn't matter how you try to twist the situation with words, the simple fact is that OU beat MU. And without going into the whole "line" explanation, like others have on this board, MU has no right to claim that they should be favored in this game anyway.

MiccoMacey
11/29/2007, 01:38 PM
If the Sooners are having to rely on fabricated bulletin board material to get ready for this game, I suggest they may have lost already.

As opposed to what Pinkel's feeding them..."We gave them the game. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves".

When you hear one person say it, it's just an opinion. When you hear several players say it, it's coming from up high.

Imagine if all the KU players and coaches said "We saw that we gave MU the game". You'd think that was a pretty immature statement. No difference here.

But I agree with another statement you made. Here's to both teams playing well on Saturday.

fadada1
11/29/2007, 02:07 PM
i love it. it's never about getting beat fairly. mizzou "gave" OU the game in the 4th quarter.

BULL SH*T!!!

yeah, OU had nothing to do with it. nothing whatsoever. the inteception was completely daniels' fault. yup, that must be correct. and the handoff... whatever. you're division 1 football players. i've seen 8 year old girls execute that. they should be embarrassed and scored upon... which they were (not the 8 year old girls, btw).

SeattleRUF/NEK
11/29/2007, 02:17 PM
Last person to fire up FADADA like that ain't around no more. Oh, and the eight year old girls football team he coaches is #18 in the AP poll.

SoonerWally
11/29/2007, 02:39 PM
Let Misery pump up their players/fans however they want (MU gave the game away, OU lost to CU and TTU). Who really cares except what happens on the field Saturday night?

CtheB
11/29/2007, 02:47 PM
Colt would have lit Missou's weak secondary too.

I think Missou is a shade of Kansas. Their best win is Illinois and Kansas?

Yee Haw

True, I find it rather humorous that Mizzourah fans have yet to realize there's another side of the ball which could actually determine the outcome of the game.

fadada1
11/29/2007, 03:18 PM
Last person to fire up FADADA like that ain't around no more. Oh, and the eight year old girls football team he coaches is #18 in the AP poll.
speak it brotha. they'll be doing 8-count body-builders until they bleed!!!!

Dan Thompson
11/29/2007, 03:24 PM
When we win, MizzOU can say, "But they lost to CU and TT, how could they beat us?"

Scott D
11/29/2007, 04:20 PM

I want clarification..does this mean that Chase Daniels and Jeremy Maclin didn't make those comments?

I certainly wouldn't want to think that a headcase like Maclin would fabricate anything that was unfiltered from his brain to his mouth. :rolleyes:

Bccajun
11/29/2007, 06:23 PM

You seem to have forgotten to mention that 14 of those 24 points came off of OU turnovers. Reading the play by play it looks more like OU stepped it up in the 4th. They came out stopping Mizzo on the first 3 possessions in the 4th. While OU took control of the game.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/playbyplay/NCAAF_20071013_MO@OK

I bet Mizzo is hoping Auston English is out for this game too. 2 sacks

Is it also because you guys were #15 and OU #4 back then is also a reason for your loss?

stoopified
11/29/2007, 06:31 PM
"After we watched the film, we [saw we] gave the ballgame away in the fourth quarter. We were up 24-23, then self-destructed

. We're a much more mature team now and we're ready.”

Exactly what about this is untrue/offensive?We marched 66 yards down the field on OUr first posession of the 4TH to take the lead 29-24 BFORE any Pu$$y turnovers.What is false about that statement?

OklaPony
11/29/2007, 06:32 PM
When we win, MizzOU can say, "But they lost to CU and TT, how could they beat us?"
...twice.

Whet
11/29/2007, 06:52 PM
I feel that Mizzery is in for an old fashion OU butt-whipping. After dissing the Sooners, the tiggers will be in a world of hurt. I believe the team wants to prove to the tiggers that the Sooners took this win and weren't "given" the win.....

Just a feeling I have.......

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1355/1456347813_e68139b8e6_m.jpg Tough Tiggers!

Tigersnumerouno
11/29/2007, 08:18 PM
Oh my, here you go with the "tiggers" stuff. I watched the Jaytalker boards all last week with that krap. Same S*** Different week.

I certainly can't predict how this game will turn out. If you win, you will be both lucky and good as will Missouri.

All the wuffin from the top down tells me that like KU--the sooner nation is "skeered" of the 'tiggers'. Diminutives are the last resort of a team that is in real trouble.

Should be a very interesting game on Sat night and I sure hope you guys get the bowl that the Jaytalks want should you lose.

KHS Sooner
11/29/2007, 08:22 PM
Oh my, here you go with the "tiggers" stuff. I watched the Jaytalker boards all last week with that krap. Same S*** Different week.

You don't have to be here you know. :D

silverwheels
11/29/2007, 08:23 PM
Should be a very interesting game on Sat night and I sure hope you guys get the bowl that the Jaytalks want should you lose.

I hope you guys beat whoever you play in the Cotton Bowl.

Well, kinda. I don't really care.

47straight
11/29/2007, 08:26 PM
Oh my, here I am with the troll stuff. I watched the Jaytalker boards all last week I need validation. Same S*** Different week.

Fixed.

KHS Sooner
11/29/2007, 08:28 PM
Fixed.

Haha, nice.

OklaPony
11/29/2007, 08:48 PM
...twice.

P.S. - To my anonymous neg spek'r: Grow up, will ya? Here's the comment:

11/29/2007 05:33 PM "dont suddenly get on and post on a crap load of threads"

Now here's the reality: I posted once at 5:10, once at 5:26, and once at 5:32 in 3 different threads. 3 posts in 22 minutes... yeah, I'm a real post whore, lol! You're probably the same person that negged me at 5:29 with no comment at all. Wear black and gold much?

Stay classy, negspek'r.

SoonerShark
11/29/2007, 09:01 PM

Actually it's not offensive, nor necessarily untrue, only a bit shortsighted or myopic but with rose colored glasses. The board's reaction is probably caused by Sooner fans' irritation with the Missouri failure to recognize that Oklahoma had a sustained drive after the short Missouri lead to take back the game. Further, Chase Daniel did not recognize that Missouri failed to score on its final drive in reality. The only reason that the final Missouri TD was not reviewed and disallowed was that it had no reflection on the final outcome, which would have been a point spread of 17 points. Even without the Missouri meltdown, the final would have been 30-24, or 30-10 since Missouri wants to take out after turnover touchdowns, which removes two Missouri TDs if administered equally.

Personally, I would have MU a 7+ point favorite due to Oklahoma's injuries. The betting line with Oklahoma as the favorite may be reflective that most of the betting public recognizes that a Missouri should not be able to compete with an Oklahoma year in and year out, especially when considering Oklahoma has outscored Missouri nearly 2-1 in the series, which has lasted 92 games with Missouri only winning 24 times during the series and only 3 times since 1969, a period of 38 years.