PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch HBO "Real Sports" Last Night?

Socrefbek
11/28/2007, 06:11 PM
They did a 60 minutes style show on T. Boone Pickens and OSU. They pretty much acted like they thought T Boone was a narcisistic nut ball.

It was hillarious ...:D

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 06:16 PM
Yep, I saw it.

I can't believe he said that he is part of the decision of a new President of the University.

bluedogok
11/28/2007, 06:19 PM
Yep, I saw it.

I can't believe he said that he is part of the decision of a new President of the University.
When you own the store don't you get to make the decisions?

Animal Mother
11/28/2007, 06:21 PM
T. Booger has a big hole in his marble bag. I'm certain that is a news flash to the world.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2007, 06:26 PM
saw it...it was originally aired over a week ago..

gumbels comment about where are the adults was pretty funny

85sooners
11/28/2007, 06:42 PM
lol

TheLurker
11/28/2007, 06:44 PM
It's on youtube now.
Linky (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ng5J1EaU8v4)

The Preach Man
11/28/2007, 07:07 PM
I just cant understand how ppl can say that he gave his money to the wrong area. IT'S HIS FREAKING MONEY. Why does a guy become a villain because he GIVES money....HIS MONEY... to other people?

and just for the record. I like all the Boone jokes and think he's a stinking aggie just like the rest of you guys but some people just amaze me.

bluedogok
11/28/2007, 08:47 PM
I despise Boone because he is nothing more than a damn thief. He made his money buy buying up companies and cashing out pension funds and leaving vested retirees with nothing and thousands of people without jobs after their companies had been gutted. Now he is wanting to do that with water for DFW.

Plus he didn't "give" all that money to OSU, he allocated certain funds that OSU gets investment revenue from while he manages the principle. So even in "giving" his money "away" he really didn't. I am sure he found some tax scam to take advantage of in this way.

lexsooner
11/28/2007, 09:31 PM
I just cant understand how ppl can say that he gave his money to the wrong area. IT'S HIS FREAKING MONEY. Why does a guy become a villain because he GIVES money....HIS MONEY... to other people?

and just for the record. I like all the Boone jokes and think he's a stinking aggie just like the rest of you guys but some people just amaze me.

Yes, he can give his money to anyone. But I think the point is he has given a huge sum to OSU's athletics and accordingly empowered himself to make decisions or at the very least influence decisions throughout the entire university, which is first and foremost an academic institution, not a sports institution. TB even came out and said he would expect to be part of the decision making for selecting a president of the university. I would be very troubled by someone whose main concern is football having major influence over non-athletic decisions in a university.