PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One Upset Because Sam Got Shafted

stoopified
11/28/2007, 05:00 PM
in the all-Big 12 selections?Look at Sam's numbers,look at Chase,Grashm,the Ku QB(can't think of his name) THE ANSWER is as good as any statistically speaking AND he leads the nation in Pass Efficency rating.On top of that he is the QB of the Big 12 champs.Yeah,OK we do still have to play the game but I'm a believer.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 05:05 PM
Im upset too. :(

Jason White's Third Knee
11/28/2007, 05:10 PM
Sam is flying under the radar. I dunno how, but it's fine with me.

He's a beast.

Soonerfan88
11/28/2007, 05:14 PM
Colt didn't get mentioned last year either. They give them the honors on the freshman list and won't usually consider QBs for all-conference until they can repeat the numbers.

Not that it's right, but that's the reason behind it.

Widescreen
11/28/2007, 05:14 PM
Freshman. And our conference has some of the best QBs in the nation.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 05:18 PM
in the all-Big 12 selections?Look at Sam's numbers,look at Chase,Grashm,the Ku QB(can't think of his name) THE ANSWER is as good as any statistically speaking AND he leads the nation in Pass Efficency rating.On top of that he is the QB of the Big 12 champs.Yeah,OK we do still have to play the game but I'm a believer.

Yes, Sam's performance at Colorado was simply unreal (8/19 for 112 yards, one TD and a pair of interceptions). And that zero touchdown performance against Iowa State? Incredible. How can the Heisman voters NOT take notice of a stellar 57% completion rate, one interception and -22 yards rushing?

Boomer.....
11/28/2007, 05:19 PM
I agree that he should be in the top 3, but his overall numbers are not great because we do not pass as much as the other top qb's schools. Here are the numbers just from the Big 12 games:

PASSING AVG/GAME Team Cl G Att Cmp Int Pct. Yds TD Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Harrell, Graham..... TTU JR 12 644 468 14 72.7 5298 45 441.5
2. Daniel, Chase....... MU JR 12 495 349 9 70.5 3951 33 329.2
3. Freeman, Josh....... KSU SO 12 499 316 11 63.3 3353 18 279.4
4. Reesing, Todd....... KU SO 12 409 256 6 62.6 3259 32 271.6
5. Keller, Sam......... NU SR 9 325 205 10 63.1 2422 14 269.1
6. McCoy, Colt......... UT SO 12 393 255 18 64.9 3129 21 260.8
7. Szymanski, B........ BU SO 11 461 264 18 57.3 2844 22 258.5
8. Hawkins, Cody....... CU FR 12 424 239 15 56.4 2693 19 224.4
9. Bradford, Sam....... OU FR 12 282 198 7 70.2 2670 32 222.5
10.Robinson, Zac....... OSU SO 12 299 177 8 59.2 2522 20 210.2
11.Meyer,Bret.......... ISU SR 12 382 233 13 61.0 2151 9 179.2
12.McGee, Stephen...... TAMU JR 12 333 192 7 57.7 2147 12 178.9

birddog
11/28/2007, 05:24 PM
Yes, Sam's performance at Colorado was simply unreal (8/19 for 112 yards, one TD and a pair of interceptions). And that zero touchdown performance against Iowa State? Incredible. How can the Heisman voters NOT take notice of a stellar 57% completion rate, one interception and -22 yards rushing?

who said anything about the heisman?

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 05:25 PM
TROLL

I came on her with good intentions of addressing some of the "dissing" talk going on between our teams. I didn't get nasty, I just gave the opinion that I haven't seen any evidence of real trash talking. If fact, the only real lipping off I've seen is from your defensive coordinator.

I was immediately called stupid, ignorant, etc., for not seeing the obvious.

Bradford is a very good quarterback, and my sarcasm probably wasn't called for. But his time will come -- just not this year.

I'll log off now. Good luck Saturday and may the best team win.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 05:25 PM

Jeep, your team lost to us.......LMAO

Don't talk crap until you beat us, idiot.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 05:27 PM
who said anything about the heisman?

Big 12 honors, then yes, he got shafted. He's a very good and scary QB.

85sooners
11/28/2007, 05:30 PM
I came on her with good intentions of addressing some of the "dissing" talk going on between our teams. I didn't get nasty, I just gave the opinion that I haven't seen any evidence of real trash talking. If fact, the only real lipping off I've seen is from your defensive coordinator.

I was immediately called stupid, ignorant, etc., for not seeing the obvious.

Bradford is a very good quarterback, and my sarcasm probably wasn't called for. But his time will come -- just not this year.

I'll log off now. Good luck Saturday and may the best team win.lol stop crying

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 05:32 PM
Big 12 honors, then yes, he got shafted. He's a very good and scary QB.How big of you, a fan of one of the teams known as Sam's b!tches to be so gracious.:rolleyes:

Stoop Dawg
11/28/2007, 05:52 PM

It's almost as Heisman-worthy as being directly responsible for 2 turnovers that, according to the rest of your team, cost you the game.

Stoop Dawg
11/28/2007, 05:54 PM

Those are pretty good intentions. Let me see if I can sum up:

"Our guys aren't trash-talking. Your D-Coordinator is lipping off."

And you're wondering why you got a negative response? Welcome to message board land, n00b-cakes.

kevpks
11/28/2007, 06:23 PM
Since this is the year of the "resurgence" of the Big XII North, the writers couldn't in good conscience rank Sam above seventh in the conference. ;)

madillsoonerfan5353
11/28/2007, 06:26 PM

FIXED!!!!

:D :D :D

Ground_Attack
11/28/2007, 10:28 PM
Since this is the year of the "resurgence" of the Big XII North, the writers couldn't in good conscience rank Sam above seventh in the conference.

its about time they "resurged". They've been licking the **** off the South's boots for years.

utex74
11/28/2007, 10:46 PM
Bradford is definitely the best passing QB and has done far more than anyone outside of Norman (alright, Oklahoma) thought he would. He blew Colt's freshman performance away and he and you should be rightfully proud.

I think Daniel takes the nod because he seems to have an intangible as a junior that most freshmen just can't have. He is a leader, he is in his teammates faces, he has an intensity a leader must have. It is more than technical execution. There should be an attitude.

That's just my take. I do think without Daniel that Missouri, with a lot less talent than OU, is not anywhere near 11-1. I am also waiting to see if Daniel has what some people call the "IT' factor. When he leaves, will Pinkle be judged by his "pre-Daniel" and "post-Daniel" records? And that is the difference. I don't think Missouri wins without Daniel. OU wins without Bradford. (given time for a QB to get installed) As far as this Saturday, it should be a great game and may answer the "IT' question. Either way.

goingoneight
11/28/2007, 10:57 PM
Sounds like hornfans.com is realizing what the "Pre-Vince" and "Post-Vince" factors are. :D

cvsooner
11/29/2007, 12:57 AM
Bradford is definitely the best passing QB and has done far more than anyone outside of Norman (alright, Oklahoma) thought he would. He blew Colt's freshman performance away and he and you should be rightfully proud.

I think Daniel takes the nod because he seems to have an intangible as a junior that most freshmen just can't have. He is a leader, he is in his teammates faces, he has an intensity a leader must have. It is more than technical execution. There should be an attitude.

That's just my take. I do think without Daniel that Missouri, with a lot less talent than OU, is not anywhere near 11-1. I am also waiting to see if Daniel has what some people call the "IT' factor. When he leaves, will Pinkle be judged by his "pre-Daniel" and "post-Daniel" records? And that is the difference. I don't think Missouri wins without Daniel. OU wins without Bradford. (given time for a QB to get installed) As far as this Saturday, it should be a great game and may answer the "IT' question. Either way.

Bingo. Leave it to the outsider to post the wise words. If Daniel goes down while making a tackle on the first offensive possession...game over, dude.

cvsooner
11/29/2007, 12:57 AM
I seem to be having trouble with double posting. No, it's the board's fault.

NYC Poke
11/29/2007, 01:33 AM
The Big XII has a lot of good QBs returning. It's going to be fun to watch next year.

(Yeah, I know, always "next year")

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 01:34 AM
It's gonna be an amazing year if all these guys continue what they've been doing this year.

GottaHavePride
11/29/2007, 01:37 AM
Am I the only one that thinks "the answer" is one of the most retarded nicknames I've ever heard?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2007, 01:38 AM
Am I the only one that thinks "the answer" is one of the most retarded nicknames I've ever heard?

I ve been trying to figure out the question for years..

NYC Poke
11/29/2007, 01:43 AM

I suppose it depends on "the question."

eta: Should have know I'd be beaten by the Red STEP guy.

stoopified
11/29/2007, 12:44 PM
I ve been trying to figure out the question for years..Everybody said that the Sooners had a ? at QB going into the year and Sam is THE ANSWER,not the answer.

Since when is all conference about who has the most passing yards/It IS supposed to be about who is bwst.The passer efficency rating was invented to include all facets of the passing game into account not just yardage.By that formula Sam is the best in the nation,frosh or not.

cheezyq
11/29/2007, 01:12 PM
I came on her with good intentions of addressing some of the "dissing" talk going on between our teams.

Oh, come on now. You expected to come on here and enlighten us on how your team's players are just being misunderstood and receive a warm and pleasant greeting? Feel free to leave, but don't cry on the way out the door that you're just an innocent victim.

stoopified
11/29/2007, 01:17 PM
The P.E ratings btw aren't even close:
Bradford OU-182.2
Harrell TT -160.5
Daniel MU - 155.9

The VIIIth
11/29/2007, 01:34 PM

Not unlike Choke Daniels inside the red zone against OU...

You middle of the road bandwagon fans need to keep smacking off about your middle of the road coach and middle of the road program.

As consistently bad as Pinkel's decision on the field have been, you guys have deluded yourselves into thinking you're a sudden contender.

Blitzkrieg
11/29/2007, 04:01 PM
The Big XII has a lot of good QBs returning. It's going to be fun to watch next year.

(Yeah, I know, always "next year")

Nuh-Uh, the SEC does! They're better at everything!

hOlden caUlfield...
11/29/2007, 04:16 PM
I came on her with good intentions.

That's what they all say.

KingBarry
11/29/2007, 04:24 PM

utex is exactly right. Sam is surrounded by playmakers, and our backs have been decisive throughout the year. Take Sam away, and the Sooners might still be playing for the Big XII Championship. Take Chase away, and Missouri is waiting for next year. Or at least that's the perception.