PDA

View Full Version : Blevins was on KC radio this AM

Blitzkrieg
11/28/2007, 04:16 PM
Besides sp[outing off the worst double negative I've ever heard in my life, he of course picked MU to win.

He said that Murray was no where near the same league as Maclin, and that OU has not improved any since the first meeting.

If they only knew that he likes to leave the plunger in his toilet at home, they'd realize what a worthless 5 minutes of airtime that was.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 04:18 PM
Well let's see who wins the heisman trophy :D

Pvt Joker7
11/28/2007, 04:19 PM
Maclin better than Demarco? He said that? Really?

snp
11/28/2007, 04:21 PM

So did the rest of the coaches in the Big 12. Maclin is pretty damn good.

starclassic tama
11/28/2007, 04:26 PM
better than murray at what? they play two completely different positions.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2007, 04:26 PM

Well he's correct for this game since Demarco is out with injury. Why would he compare a player who won't play? Now if he said it hurt OU to not have Murray available, then he'd have a point. But looking at the first meeting, Murray had a foot injury from the UT game and didn't play much, so this game will be similar in that regard. Losing English is the big hit since game 1, while losing Pig Brown is the bit hit for MU.

Pvt Joker7
11/28/2007, 04:29 PM
I'd agree Maclin is probaby a more rounded back, but I just feel like Demarco can take it the distance if you give him any light. He's shown he can play physical football, but as a slasher back, he's a freak I think. Not that I was trying to take anything away from Maclin.

English played like a freak last time we met mizzou, I hope he's feeling pretty good, we'll need him.

OUMonster
11/28/2007, 04:32 PM
I'm glad he said all of that.

OKC-SLC
11/28/2007, 04:33 PM
I don't think Maclin is a back.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 04:33 PM
I don't think Maclin is a back.

He is a reciever, but he does play running back sometimes.

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 04:35 PM
Macklin is a reciever, right? They must have been looking at kick returning.

Collier11
11/28/2007, 04:35 PM
He is a receiver, murray scored 13 tds on the ground as a freshman and returned 2 kickoffs for Tds's, did Maclin score 15 tds???

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 04:36 PM
What??? I was almost positive he played some running back?

chad
11/28/2007, 04:37 PM
Maclin is a 'Reggie Bush' (didn't know who else to compare him to) style player in that he is multi-use. (receiver, back, special teams)

His primary position is receiver, but he is also utilized as a back. Usually in a 2 back split formation (aka, option offense)

cvsooner
11/28/2007, 04:38 PM
He's no passer, or at least not so far.

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 04:39 PM
Demarco is the same, he's had to split time with A Senior in Allen Patrick (a top 3 round NFL draft pick). Does Maclin have 15 TDs?

Collier11
11/28/2007, 04:45 PM
Maclin is a 'Reggie Bush' (didn't know who else to compare him to) style player in that he is multi-use. (receiver, back, special teams)

His primary position is receiver, but he is also utilized as a back. Usually in a 2 back split formation (aka, option offense)

Maclin is nothing like a reggie bush, if anything he is a more versatile ted ginn if you ask me!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2007, 04:47 PM
Maclin is nothing like a reggie bush, if anything he is a more versatile ted ginn if you ask me!

Better comparison..

Oh Dean..Thomas Lott said to quit being so bitter.

85sooners
11/28/2007, 04:50 PM
blevins is foolish

joshuaok
11/28/2007, 04:53 PM
Demarco is the same, he's had to split time with A Senior in Allen Patrick (a top 3 round NFL draft pick). Does Maclin have 15 TDs?

He (Maclin) has 16 touchdowns:
4 rushing
9 receiving
2 returning punts
1 returning kicks

He's a weapon, no doubt. But I wouldn't trade him for DeMarco Murray, who is more "Reggie Bush like" than anyone in the country. Just my opinion...

As for Deeeeeen: He'll usually say whatever he thinks his audience wants him to say with 100% confidence. The rest of the time he's wrong. Remember when there was no chance Bob Stoops was going to stay at Oklahoma when Florida opened up?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/28/2007, 04:54 PM

Good comparison though I'd say that he is utilized more like Ted Ginn should have been. Both return kicks but Maclin gets at least 5-6 touches a game on reverses. He's good but Murray would have had every bit as many yards if he were healthy and we used him as often as MU uses Maclin (or as much as we should use Murray when healthy).

Animal Mother
11/28/2007, 04:55 PM
Me thinks Dean needs to heed the age old advice "When you're pushing the Q-Tip into your ear and you feel pressure, stop!!!" I've tried to like Dean but since we played basketball against his and Scott Hill's team in intramurals it has been an uphill battle. That was 29 years ago!!! Talk about jock syndrome. At times the guy has more personalities than Cybil. That’s why I would never do a sports show. Pick against the Sooners? Sheeit!!! My parents would come back from the dead and dismember me if you get my drift!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/28/2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah and also when has Blevens EVER pumped up OU's chances in a game. Maybe it is some feeble effort at objectivity but I can remember him ever coming off as a homer. The closest thing is when he hosts Sooner Football and I think it is because he is afraid that Stoops will turn him into one of Bob Barker's pets.

TUSooner
11/28/2007, 05:04 PM
Bob Barker....

Pet...

oh... NEUTERED!

heh

INGRAM1
11/28/2007, 05:04 PM
I'd agree Maclin is probaby a more rounded back, but I just feel like Demarco can take it the distance if you give him any light. He's shown he can play physical football, but as a slasher back, he's a freak I think. Not that I was trying to take anything away from Maclin.

English played like a freak last time we met mizzou, I hope he's feeling pretty good, we'll need him.

I thought he was a kick returner/wide receiver. Dm is the better running back though.

Collier11
11/28/2007, 05:06 PM
For Comparisons Sake:

Murray:
Total Touches-156
Total yds- 1263
Total Tds- 15
Yds per Touch-8.1 (remember that 127 of his touches came from the RB position)
1 Td every 10.4 touches

Maclin:
Total Touches- 172
Total Yds- 2519
Total Tds- 16
Yds per touch- 14.6 (Maclin has 55 more catches and more than double the return chances)
1 Td every 10.75 touches

Obviously it is tough to compare based off of production because Maclin is primarily a receiver/returner while Murray is primarily a backup running back/ just kickoff return man-Maclin also returns punts.

The best way to compare then would be that Murray has a slight edge of a TD every 10.4 touches compared to 10.75. All that being said, it is pretty much a wash, if Murray had as many chances as Maclin Im sure the yards would be comparable.

Verdict= Both are bad azzes!

aurorasooner
11/28/2007, 05:06 PM
he of course picked MU to win. WTH is this guy still doing the Bob Stoops Sooner playback show? DD--Defeatist Deano. I would never pick the Sooners to lose. Perhaps say something like "we've got our work cut out for us to win this one".

Paperclip
11/28/2007, 05:18 PM
while losing Pig Brown is the bit hit for MU.

I'm sure they can find someone to drop a gift-wrapped interception.

MikeInNorman
11/28/2007, 05:21 PM
The local media tools, including Dean, confuse criticism with objectivity. Dean thinks being "objective" about OU means ripping OU.

There's probably not 100 IQ points among the whole lot of 'em.

Harry Beanbag
11/28/2007, 05:30 PM
What??? I was almost positive he played some running back?

He was in the backfield when Lofton returned that fumble for a touchdown. :)

kevpks
11/28/2007, 06:19 PM
Maclin is a great player. OU recruited him heavily but he decided to stay close to home. That being said, comparing him to DeMarco is really stupid since they don't play the same position. Murray is a feature back who can also catch passes and return kicks. I don't think you could line Maclin up and run up the middle for tough yards. Of course, Mizzou never does that anyway. They are more likely to try a double reverse pass on 4th and 1 instead of trying the archaic I formation. The stats also show Dean is an idiot to say "it's not even close." Both are dynamic players who can take it the distance at any time.

He should have compared Maclin to Duke Robinson. I would take Robinson since I have never seen him drop a pass.

sooner518
11/28/2007, 06:29 PM
Remember when there was no chance Bob Stoops was going to stay at Oklahoma when Florida opened up?
In Deano's defense, I think he said that there was a 113% chance Stoops was leaving and a 26% chance he'd stay.

lucky1234
11/28/2007, 07:07 PM
I am glad he did not sign with you guys. That would have been a scary offense.
Ironically on the radio Macklin said he was glad he signed with Mizzou because now he can play for national championships.

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 07:11 PM
Ironically on the radio Macklin said he was glad he signed with Mizzou because now he can play for national championships.He must be an idiot then because he's as close to playing for a National Championship as OU was 10 days ago.

chad
11/28/2007, 08:32 PM
Yes, Ginn is a better choice. I just couldn't think of another multi-use player.

I wasn't meaning he has the same play style as Bush, so those who thought that, it was a misunderstanding. I was merely commenting on the ability to play well at multiple positions.

Using Ginn as an example is a much clearer description, as they are both receivers, and both have a similar (though not exact) play style. Good call on Ginn as an example Collier.

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 08:36 PM
Attention EVERYONE:

MACLIN

M-A-C-L-I-N

MACLIN.

not "Macklin."

Massive pet peeve.

aurorasooner
11/28/2007, 08:45 PM
Attention EVERYONE:

MACLIN

M-A-C-L-I-N

MACLIN.

not "Macklin."

Massive pet peeve. Geeez. Do you do that when you go visit your neighbors? You couldn't believe how many competitors misspelled Heupel, but we didn't scream Mr. Teacher on them or their own board. Everyone knows who Macklin or Maclin is. It's not like you're going to mistake that spelling for someone else. Take an ativan and give it a rest.

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 09:00 PM
Attention EVERYONE:

MACLIN

M-A-C-L-I-N

MACLIN.

not "Macklin."

Massive pet peeve.I spell it...

L-O-S-E-R

41-24

Collier11
11/28/2007, 09:32 PM
Yes, Ginn is a better choice. I just couldn't think of another multi-use player.

I wasn't meaning he has the same play style as Bush, so those who thought that, it was a misunderstanding. I was merely commenting on the ability to play well at multiple positions.

Using Ginn as an example is a much clearer description, as they are both receivers, and both have a similar (though not exact) play style. Good call on Ginn as an example Collier.

actually we are both wrong I think :D Now that ive thought of it, he reminds me of a little faster percy harvin

douxpaysan
11/28/2007, 09:53 PM
actually we are both wrong I think :D Now that ive thought of it, he reminds me of a little faster percy harvin
Nice going Collier...you just made me snort half a natty over my keyboard.:mad:

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 10:01 PM
As much as you don't want it to, that TD counts.

Collier11
11/28/2007, 10:04 PM

as much as you dont want to admit it, Ou kicked your *** up and down Owen field the first time

Collier11
11/28/2007, 10:05 PM
Nice going Collier...you just made me snort half a natty over my keyboard.:mad:

thats what you get for drinking natty

Collier11
11/28/2007, 10:06 PM
thats what you get for drinking natty

:D :D :D :D :D

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 10:07 PM
as much as you dont want to admit it, Ou kicked your *** up and down Owen field the first time
We lost by 10. The game was hardly an asskicking at all.

Collier11
11/28/2007, 10:16 PM

you guys were down three scores with 1 minute left :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 10:24 PM
you guys were down three scores with 1 minute left :rolleyes:And the only reason your last TD wasn't overturned on review is because it had absoluely no bearing on the outcome.

Jello Biafra
11/28/2007, 10:52 PM
Attention EVERYONE:

MACLIN

M-A-C-L-I-N

MACLIN.

not "Macklin."

Massive pet peeve.

like we give a F - U - G - G.....get bent, vibrator.

Jimminy Crimson
11/28/2007, 10:54 PM

True. Game was far from being that close, though.

As your last score attests to.

Jello Biafra
11/28/2007, 10:54 PM

so if you consider us missing three xp and a fieldgoal earlier, we're talking about us being up 47 - 24 with 17 seconds left....... you tell us football dudeguy

47straight
11/29/2007, 11:32 AM
Attention EVERYONE:

MACLIN

M-A-C-L-I-N

MACLIN.

not "Macklin."

Massive pet peeve.

F-U-C-

My massive pet peeve is ********* trolls from other teams. If you want people to spell mclovin a different way, then go back to your own boards.

47straight
11/29/2007, 11:34 AM

As much as your team doesn't want it to, those turnovers count.

jeepdad
11/29/2007, 11:58 AM
And the only reason your last TD wasn't overturned on review is because it had absoluely no bearing on the outcome.

It was a 16-play, 80-yard scoring drive. Perhaps your D should have stopped Mizzou and made the TD call irrelevant.

Big Red Ron
11/29/2007, 12:10 PM
It was a 16-play, 80-yard scoring drive. Perhaps your D should have stopped Mizzou and made the TD call irrelevant.Why? The ball didn't cross the line and the clock was ticking...you got your butts blistered by a superior team, QB, and Coach.

Move on, Missou is and will always be a bug on our winshield.

Jello Biafra
11/29/2007, 12:13 PM
It was a 16-play, 80-yard scoring drive. Perhaps your D should have stopped Mizzou and made the TD call irrelevant.

how bout we scored 18 points on you in the 4th quarter when the game mattered (listening to you guys) why can't your defense stop us? prevent defense with a bunch of 2nd teamers in doesn't bode well for anyone. A N Y O N E.

like i said earlier, we get all the xps and field goal that we missed (or blocked) the final score of that game = 47-31. no arguing over turnovers, brainfarts, time issues or anything. we didn't try to run the ball on you or we would have. believe that.

cheezyq
11/29/2007, 01:26 PM

The TD was irrelevant. With or without the TD, we still won.

47straight
11/29/2007, 04:56 PM

Seems like when you are up by three scores - making the other team take 16 plays to score is making it irrelevant.