Texas 14
MIZZ 5
Iowa state 103
Baylor 87
A&M 54
Tech 2
Pukes 8
And we play Mizzou again.

NO team has played an offense ranked in the top ten.We played 4!

I bet if you looked up just top pass offenses OU's played several teams ranked higher than anyone else has played. The fact is that OU's schedule this year was loaded with good offenses and we did really well against those offenses. We have a good defense. Not a great one, but a really good defense and it'll only get better by next year.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 11:46 AM
Good look at it.

Spek :D

Jeopardude
11/28/2007, 12:05 PM
You and your stats are bunk. The I way I'd run the D would be much better than Vanables' doomed ways :rolleyes: .

MextheBulldog
11/28/2007, 12:18 PM
You and your stats are bunk. The I way I'd run the D would be much better than Vanables' doomed ways :rolleyes: .

Please enlighten us...

soonerinabilene
11/28/2007, 12:43 PM
Nick, wtf man. Are you actually being optimistic? Did anyone see Scanners?

85sooners
11/28/2007, 12:51 PM
nice

fadada1
11/28/2007, 12:58 PM
DAMN YOU, LOGIC!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!

LittleWingSooner
11/28/2007, 01:11 PM
Nick, wtf man. Are you actually being optimistic? Did anyone see Scanners?

I've never been optimistic or pessimistic. It's more realistic. Our defense isn't great this year. Not great like in 2000, or 2001, or 2003 great. It's more like 2002 or 2004 good. We have some solid players and it's still a young defense.

In the games we lost this year or that were close our offense was the bigger problem.

Colorado our offense was never really consistent all game. They had 1 drive of 2 plays and a couple of drives on short field. Our defense basically scored 17 of those points if I remember right. We had one drive going about 80 yards on 2 plays. A long pass to Finley and a long run by Patrick.

Texas was close because Texas made some good stops our offense and defense didn't really play all that bad. Our offense could have been a bit better. But getting over 400 yards is pretty good. Defense really locked down after they figured out how to defend the TE. McCoy had his best game of the year though. This may be the only game where you can lay blame to the defense a little. But they were a big reason we won the game also.

Iowa State was Bradford's worst game as a QB. They did nothing on offense most of the game. They scored their only points off a turnover.

Texas Tech we lose our QB early on and we gave them the ball near midfield 3 straight times. In the 2nd half Tech got the ball at the OU 34 and the OU 5 after turnovers. Tech scored 7 points that half. That tells you how good our defense was that game. The offense put our defense in terrible spots and we still should have won that game anyway. If Bradford plays and is healthy, we win the game comfortably. No doubt about it.

Ever
11/28/2007, 02:22 PM
Impressive. I'll give Vanables a good deal more credit then.

A D Peterson28
11/28/2007, 03:00 PM
Venables just needs to say that magic incantation to stop the slants and passes across the middle while protecting the deep ball. I don't know what those words are, but I'm not the coach--though it will hurt without English. Bradford will take care of business on O with AP, Kelly and the rest of the crew.

BTW, how sweet would it be for our first offensive play to be a fake screen (the screen we've done all season), then hit Gresham for about 15 yards, or Kelly for TD?

A D Peterson28
-No, I'm not him. Just a fan of the Prince (AD) and the Maestro (Stoops). If you're a winning football coach in OK, you have more power than the governor--you can practically order around the National Guard!

WildHorse
11/28/2007, 03:56 PM
I wish every 3rd or 4th pass was to one of the tight ends. Move the chains and keep the clock moving.

LittleWingSooner
11/28/2007, 10:17 PM
I will say one thing about our D this weekend. Without Auston it'll be tough. He was a huge part of confusing Daniel. The guy is a great pass rusher and a great end. He may already be the best all around end in the country. He's also solid in pass coverage. His speed makes him so hard to play against.

It sounds like he'll be out or he won't be 100% if he plays. So it'll be tough without him.

goingoneight
11/28/2007, 10:26 PM
I thought initially he was out until bowl time, but Stoops said in the presser that Auston practices just fine and is gameday decision.

Methinks it's like last year's BIG 12 CCG. AD was cleared the week prior for Bed-dumb, but Stoops didn't want to risk AD's health, nor his team's mojo and had AD sit out. Theteam responded well, just as they did in Columbia and College Station, they rallied behind their QB and worked with what they had to become conference champs.

Auston is no AD, but he is like having a Dan Cody kind of guy in the lineup. He definitely makes a difference when he's on his game. He was Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel and Stephen McGee's worst nightmare.

okienole3
11/28/2007, 11:38 PM
OK, I will be the one who says it. Is it possible that the reason some of these teams have high ranked offenses is because they racked up yards against our defense?

SoonerKnight
11/29/2007, 12:00 AM
OK, I will be the one who says it. Is it possible that the reason some of these teams have high ranked offenses is because they racked up yards against our defense?

Like who? Texas Tech? :rolleyes:

SoonerBBall
11/29/2007, 12:05 AM

Yes. It takes exactly one game to give you a rating that high.

Oh yeah, unless you take statistics into account.

LittleWingSooner
11/29/2007, 12:24 AM
We have held most of those teams to under their average. The only team to get over their average for the OU game was Baylor.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 01:43 AM
I think other than a few poor plays and a few missed tackles our defense is great...not 2000 great, but pretty damn good against the offenses we've faced this year.

NYC Poke
11/29/2007, 01:49 AM
FWIW, our offense had been looking pretty impressive consistently until we ran into OU. I didn't expect to win our game against you, but I did expect to see more scoring on our part.

Stoops seems like he's on a mission since the TT loss. A motivated Stoops is a dangerous opponent.

cvsooner
11/29/2007, 01:57 AM
Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

Also, this maligned Sooner defense has scored five touchdowns this season, which I believe ties the record for most by an OU defense.

One of the keys against Mizou will be solid tackling. I mean, it's always a factor, but especially against this opponent. The defense that has the better game will mean the difference in this game. That and special teams.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 02:06 AM
Well, if we're talking about short bus special, the OU is doomed facing those ****tards.