PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll

SoonerBOI
11/28/2007, 11:31 AM
FWIW

I heard this during the interview on the radio program, THE HERD.

Cowherd: Pete, who among the CFB team you like right now.
Carrol: I like Oklahoma and the QB. They move the chains and the defense is fast. Mentions WV also...
Cowherd: I like Oklahoma also specially when the QB is hot and the offense is clicking. Oklahoma is hard to stop...

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 11:32 AM
Wasnt Collin Cowherd ragging on us earlier this season?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/28/2007, 11:42 AM
Wasnt Collin Cowherd ragging on us earlier this season?

He has before...maybe not OU as much in particular this year but he has on numerous occaisions dogged the Big 12 as well as saying in the SEC and the PAC-10 they play "big-buy" football.

Also to paraphrase Cowherd he proclaimed that USC not only likely had the greatest team in college football history in the preseason he also basically said that that their second string could win in other BCS conferences.

Then they get beat by Stanford and Oregon. Classic.

SoonerBOI
11/28/2007, 11:47 AM
Cowherd bashes Ohio State yesterday bigtime. Cowherd believes Oklahoma will stump mizzOU this coming saturday.

85sooners
11/28/2007, 11:51 AM
boooooooooooooooooomer!!!

The_Red_Patriot
11/28/2007, 11:54 AM
Earlier this season I think after the Utah State game he had a 5 minute segment begging people not to buy into Oklahoma or the big 12.

Said the last time a big 12 team played a pac 10 team in title game it got blown out.

Said the Texas-USC game was an exception because of Vince Young.

He changes his stance soooo sooo much.

NCSooner18
11/28/2007, 01:53 PM
He has said more than once that Oklahoma is perpetually over-rated.

picasso
11/28/2007, 01:56 PM
I saw Cowherd's name and phone number on the bathroom stall at Arby's.

just sayin.

SoonerHawk
11/28/2007, 01:59 PM
Cowherd also has USC #1 in the country in his ESPN power 16 ballot.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 02:00 PM
Cowherd also has USC #1 in the country in his ESPN power 16 ballot.

Where does he have us?

soonerinabilene
11/28/2007, 02:02 PM
The Patriots were the greatest team of all time in any sport until Sunday night. Now that Philly played them close, their linebackers are slow, they cant run the ball, and teams can take Randy Moss out of the game and make Brady look average.

The above is the thought process of one Colin Cowherd. So keep that in mind.

And of course Pete Carroll likes OU. We were like an easy prom date for him in the MNC.

SoonerHawk
11/28/2007, 02:06 PM
Where does he have us?

Cowherd has us at #7.

stoopified
11/28/2007, 04:41 PM
Wasn't Coeherd the jerk who a couple of years ago said that USC and UT were two fine traditional football powers but OU was like the hillbilly who won the lottery and did not know how to act?

Harry Beanbag
11/28/2007, 05:43 PM
He's been pretty complimentary of OU this year for the most part after the first 3 weeks of the season, saying we're a great team at home and only pretty good on the road (which is 100% true BTW). I thought it was funny today he had two respected people, Pete Carroll and Ivan Maisel, tell him that they thought OU was one of the two best teams in the country. He didn't really have much of a response.

bluedogok
11/28/2007, 05:58 PM
Once Cowturd came on this morning I switched to WEEI-Boston.....

He is from Washington state (not sure where in Wash. state) and is a Pac-10 mouthpiece. He just agreed with Carroll because he tells what he should think and say.

soonercop
11/28/2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe OU has been overrated. One thing they've done every year since 2k is lose to an unranked team or two. Championship teams don't do that. Championship teams lose to teams that they "should" lose to, not the Colorado's, Techs, unranked A&M's, unranked KStates, etc. etc. This year should have been special, just like all the others. Yet, for some reason, it seems like Stoops has MAJOR difficulty motivating his teams against the Sally's. Weird.

SteelClip49
11/28/2007, 07:08 PM
I am craving some Bacon...

LRoss
11/28/2007, 07:09 PM
Media (and maybe especially radio?) people tend to do 2 things:

1) Jump on the jock of whoever's looking good/playing well, whatever.

And/or (depending on circumstances)

2) Say ridiculous or somewhat ridiculous things to stir up excitement/debate/whatever.

Both of these things will continue for the foreseeable future but neither is worth getting riled up about.

soonercop
11/28/2007, 07:15 PM
Original, FormEmp.

SteelClip49
11/28/2007, 07:20 PM
Not original, rather cured with a little maple brown sugar.

Seriously though, why post something like that? OU has had 1 bad season under Stoops and it was still capped off with a win over BCS #6 Oregon in the Holiday. Overrated? Why don't you go post that on orangepower.com and then you will be fine.

goingoneight
11/28/2007, 09:20 PM
Have your mother of children feed it to you.

soonerboomer93
11/28/2007, 09:47 PM
Cowherd is an admitted pac 10 homer, he pulls no punches about it.

He has stated multiple times this year that he does think OU is one of the best teams in CF (and yes, I listen to his podcast everyday). He also doesn't pull his punches about performances of any team. He even declared the "USC Dynasty" over after the Oregon loss. He's bashed OSU pretty good for their OOC schedule and having not beat anyone (Wisky is their best win this year). Actually, he and Herbstriet discussed tOSUs schedule and both bashed them for palying a 1AA opponent.

soonercop
11/28/2007, 10:46 PM
Why would I post there? I have no interest in the Whorns, except the second Saturday in Oct. I'm the only one of my family born in Oklahoma (everyone else from Dallas/Weatherford area) and I get enough bull dumpings as it is...don't need any more.

Nonetheless, I realize things now are INIFINITELY better than they were post-Switz. However, I am more than allowed to be frustrated that we lose to teams every year we have no business losing to. Saying we're overrated was a little harsh and nonsensical, I admit, but frustrated is a term which I think most would be comfortable with. This CCG has lost A LOT of luster because OU's losses this year...Losing to Tejas would have looked a lot better than losing to the Muffs.

Truth is, 2001, 2003, and this year, at least, all should have been undefeated seasons going into the CCG and beyond.

That's all I'm saying...

Oh, and BTW, eat more Chicken.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 02:43 AM
Can I have Bacon AND Chicken????

WA. Sooner
11/29/2007, 06:34 AM
Only if you eat it with a tiger paw donut

swardboy
11/29/2007, 07:13 AM
<homer simpsone>Mmmmmmm........tiger paws<homer simpson>

MiccoMacey
11/29/2007, 09:24 AM
1) Cowherd had the Pac-10 commissioner on his show and ripped him a new one back in the summer. Said noone outside of USC was any good. Crapped all over him for not playing a conference title game. For those who say he's a homer, he didn't show it then. I almost called in and begged for mercy for his poor Pac-10 commissioner soul.

2)
Truth is, 2001, 2003, and this year, at least, all should have been undefeated seasons going into the CCG and beyond.

That's all I'm saying...

And you've said too much already. According to you, we should have been undefeated for 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2007 seasons. Regardless of the fact that that hasn't been done by anyone, at least in fifty years. Four undefeated years. Out of seven.

I respect cops tremendously, but that's just plain silly.

badger
11/29/2007, 12:41 PM
A nun, a priest and rabbi walk into a bar... I don't remember how that joke ends, but Pete Carroll is a d*****bag.

Pac 10: We are filing a formal complaint against Soonerfans.com for that very unsportsmanlike comment.

Chi Gamma Blackness
11/29/2007, 12:54 PM
Heh

Jmorales22
11/30/2007, 12:48 AM
Maybe OU has been overrated. One thing they've done every year since 2k is lose to an unranked team or two. Championship teams don't do that. Championship teams lose to teams that they "should" lose to, not the Colorado's, Techs, unranked A&M's, unranked KStates, etc. etc. This year should have been special, just like all the others. Yet, for some reason, it seems like Stoops has MAJOR difficulty motivating his teams against the Sally's. Weird.

That ain't true! [hairGel]

In 2003 OU lost to two teams: #15 Kansas State and #1 (coaches) LSU

In 2004 OU lost one game, to #1 USC

In 2006 OU's loses were to #18 Oregon (if you really want to call it a loss), #7 Texas, and #5 Boise St.

goingoneight
11/30/2007, 12:54 AM
^^^ But don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. :D

BuckyB
11/30/2007, 01:07 AM
Cowherd came out with a list of the top 10 programs for the past decade and had ou at something like 8. He had Texas, Florida and Florida State ahead of us. LSU was his number 1 as I remember.

Jmorales22
11/30/2007, 01:28 AM
Sorry but I have more facts for people to get straight.

2005 loses: TCU (finished 11-1), UCLA (finished 10-2), Texas (Finished undefeated as you know), and Texas Tech (finished ranked No 21). I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure UCLA and TCU finished ranked, and TCU was pretty high up there.

So get your facts straight! [hairGel]

snp
11/30/2007, 01:41 AM
Sorry but I have more facts for people to get straight.

2005 loses: TCU (finished 11-1), UCLA (finished 10-2), Texas (Finished undefeated as you know), and Texas Tech (finished ranked No 21). I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure UCLA and TCU finished ranked, and TCU was pretty high up there.

So get your facts straight! [hairGel]

TCU #11
UCLA #16

soonercop has no idea what he's talking about.

KingBarry
11/30/2007, 04:01 AM

Let's see --

1975 -- National Champion, 11-1 Oklahoma; the one loss at unranked Kansas

1985 -- National Champion, 11-1 Oklahoma; the one loss to unranked Miami (The 'canes were later ranked)

That's TWO national championship teams that had losses to unranked opponents, and that's only at OU. So, I guess that proves your theory wrong?

MiccoMacey
11/30/2007, 10:55 AM
And if WVU wins it this year, they will have lost to an unranked team as well, I believe.

Sooner_Bob
11/30/2007, 11:03 AM
Said the Texas-USC game was an exception because of Vince Young.

You mean he thought a player actually influenced the outcome of a game?

What a novel concept.

Johnny Utah
11/30/2007, 01:33 PM
Cowherd came out with a list of the top 10 programs for the past decade and had ou at something like 8. He had Texas, Florida and Florida State ahead of us. LSU was his number 1 as I remember.

LSU for the past 10 seasons (1998-2007) or just since 2000? They seemed pretty mediocre until their 2003 season.