PDA

View Full Version : Dear Black Coaches Association:

SoonerStormchaser
11/27/2007, 10:38 PM
If the school thinks a coach is the best man for their open position, then they'll offer it to them. It doesn't ****ing matter what color their skin is! I should form an Italian-American Coaches Association and bitch because Mark Mangino and Mark Dantonio are just about the only two Italian-Americans in the college football ranks. (edit: is it fair to count Mangino only once?)

That is all.

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 10:41 PM
Enough is Enough- i was playing a lennon record backwards and I swear he said F the Black coaches Association and Al Sharpton was going to bring on Armageddon

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 10:41 PM
:rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
11/27/2007, 10:43 PM
simply horrible.

no worries, they'll promote him to captain someday and all this will stop.....

jeremy885
11/27/2007, 10:46 PM
Doesn't this happen every year though?

Here is one from CNN's contributer Roland Martin:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/27/roland.martin/index.html

85sooners
11/27/2007, 10:46 PM
lol

SoonerBOI
11/27/2007, 10:53 PM
When will Grambling hire a white or Italian/American FB coach? Just askin...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 10:54 PM
Does anybody have the number to the Sioux Coaches Association?

Paperclip
11/27/2007, 10:59 PM
Just for the sake of discussion, how are minority candidates supposed to get jobs if schools want proven head coaches? It's like when Joe Schmo can't get hired because an employer is looking for someone with experience. Well, if you can't get hired how are you supposed to get experience?

badger
11/27/2007, 11:07 PM
Um... where are the women football coaches?

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 11:20 PM
I happen to know for a fact that growing up in Chicago "Highschool days" - Donovan McNab performed "Philatio" on a press writer guy so he could get more press in the Chicago Sun Times - Fact

So I guess as a Black Coach whine all you want but win or be fired like the rest of the world - there is no more hand me outs as the ecconomy is starting to set up for survival of the fitest -

KABOOKIE
11/27/2007, 11:34 PM
Doesn't this happen every year though?

Here is one from CNN's contributer Roland Martin:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/27/roland.martin/index.html

On the football field, if you ran faster, can throw it farther, are more accurate and can hit harder, you get the starting job. That's called an equal playing field. But on the sidelines, the good ol' boys club reigns, and that's a fraternity that keeps many with my skin tone out.

Or if you imply this guy's logic.

On the sidelines, if you can motivate, can articulate, are more assertive and can get people to work as a team, you get the starting job. That's called an equal playing field. But on the football field, the good ol' boys club reigns, and that's a fraternity that keeps many with my skin tone out.

badger
11/27/2007, 11:40 PM
So I guess as a Black Coach whine all you want but win or be fired like the rest of the world - there is no more hand me outs as the ecconomy is starting to set up for survival of the fitest -
100 percent of the coaches that have been fired or resigned thus far are white men. Conspiracy??? :P

Seriously though, if a school were to succeed with a black coach at the helm, they would be beyond praised and become the media's prostitute to love over and over (remember last year's Super Bowl? Yeaaaaaaah.) So WHY WOULDN'T you want to give that a shot?

We already did :(

However, the BCA did praise OU for hiring Jeff Capel to replace Calvin Simpson... as did many others who were initially surprised.

I would say Jeff Capel is one of my favorite OU coaches, and I know who pretty much all of them are. Capel will get a technical just to fire up his team, or do little things to **** the opposing coaches and refs off. I just love it :D

Paperclip
11/27/2007, 11:41 PM
Um... where are the women football coaches?

http://www.moviemaker.com/magazine/issues/51/images/t.Wildcats.Goldie.jpg

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 11:43 PM
Just for the sake of discussion, how are minority candidates supposed to get jobs if schools want proven head coaches? It's like when Joe Schmo can't get hired because an employer is looking for someone with experience. Well, if you can't get hired how are you supposed to get experience?

If the wrong idiot black coaches who were fired and actually won lawsuits weren't screwing it up for the credible black coaches who may actually have an argument but not one necessarily of race but popularity - there would be more resumes for reputable black coaches. Since the playing field has to be even with Government control- un qualified coaches are getting jobs and they SUCK and even worse suing schools who actually gave them a shot unwittingly -

Sick of it- with all this Ultratarianism "Spelling" destroying the fabric of America I believe the reputable and capable black coaches would definitely have more opportunity - and as it is - are not being held back but need to win or get fired like the rest of the WORLD of any race creed or color -

AlabamaSooner
11/27/2007, 11:55 PM
This issue drives me crazy. They just need to let it go and realize that these schools are hiring the best coaches possible so they can WIN. That's the point of hiring a proven head coach. Why aren't more black coaches head coaches? There aren't as many as white coaches out there to start with. Simple as that. Why would you try to please the BCA and take a chance on a coach that isn't as qualified just because he's a minority (umm, I mean black since it's the BCA).

MojoRisen
11/28/2007, 12:05 AM
100 percent of the coaches that have been fired or resigned thus far are white men. Conspiracy??? :P

Seriously though, if a school were to succeed with a black coach at the helm, they would be beyond praised and become the media's prostitute to love over and over (remember last year's Super Bowl? Yeaaaaaaah.) So WHY WOULDN'T you want to give that a shot?

We already did :(

However, the BCA did praise OU for hiring Jeff Capel to replace Calvin Simpson... as did many others who were initially surprised.

I would say Jeff Capel is one of my favorite OU coaches, and I know who pretty much all of them are. Capel will get a technical just to fire up his team, or do little things to **** the opposing coaches and refs off. I just love it :D

I like Capel too- but he is a sound recruiter, proven track record and went too friggen duke and dunks on his players if they aren't playing Point Guard well enough...

What not to like so far! Much better than Sampson - 2 face Cheater running off his own players- Sampson lucky to get Gordon or he would be in hot water with Indiana right now. ....

Stoop Dawg
11/28/2007, 12:27 AM

I think most college coaches start out in high school. I have no idea how many minority coaches there are in high school.

Some go from "player that couldn't make it in the NFL" to "college position coach". I have no idea how many minority position coaches there are in CFB. I have no idea how many even apply.

It would be interesting to see the number of qualified minority coaches applying for all coaching jobs versus the number hired.

MojoRisen
11/28/2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah - No doubt my brothers coached college ball and I have a brother who coaches Highschool - it's tough to move up the ranks - you have to put in time - and you have to be damn good

taking a risk to please the BCA - is like taking a shot in the dark - unless that person is actually likely the best candidate for the program based on his background and track record....

I agree- how many black coaches start in High School - look at that stat and talk to me in 20 years....

Smart ones are the Graduate Assistants who know they are working under good coaches and learn everything they can - while doing a sound job of grunt work...

Sooner_Havok
11/28/2007, 01:01 AM
Is Mangino in the Morbidly Obese Coaches Association?

ouwasp
11/28/2007, 01:14 AM
Is Mangino in the Morbidly Obese Coaches Association?

LOL...

No, the proper name is the XXXXXLCA. :)