PDA

View Full Version : See Ya LATUR OSU Coach Gundy

astro5169
11/27/2007, 09:53 PM
Why is he not leaving?
They suck worse than Nebraska and A/M, Georia Tech, Arkansas.....

Lets get Mark to coach the agroids.... I need a reason to cheer for them when they're not playing us.:twinkies:

OU-HSV
11/27/2007, 09:56 PM
I don't care for hair gel gundy either, but didn't they beat Nebraska bad this year, are you sure they're worse than Nebraska?

astro5169
11/27/2007, 09:59 PM
He is was a psychotic idiot. The whole country is laughing at him.... He needs to be a high school coach somewhere.......Wait!!! He is!!!

bstuff1979
11/27/2007, 10:00 PM
I don't have a huge problem with the other Gundy. He's miles better (puns is super awesome) than the last guy in terms of being a decent human being. They tripped up, like aggies will tend to do, but he's got a ways to go before he can climb the obolisque...reaching the atmosphere of other coaches who are on collision courses with failure with time as the only variable.

astro5169
11/27/2007, 10:02 PM
Maybe girls soccer is his thing..... Just not the football type.

SoonerBOI
11/27/2007, 10:04 PM
hatred to the max?

astro5169
11/27/2007, 10:07 PM
I married an OSU alumni....I hate them all.

badger
11/27/2007, 10:17 PM
Please... Gundy is an aggie. He will remain an aggie.

85sooners
11/27/2007, 10:21 PM
he is 40!!!!!!!!!!!

douxpaysan
11/27/2007, 10:27 PM
Gundy is an aggie. Although he went a little over the top with Jenny C and I didn't agree with his recruiting Collins, he seems like a good young coach to me. Coaching at OSU is very tough..even going 6-6 every year, if they start finishing third every year in the south, my hat's off to him.

Blues1
11/28/2007, 12:10 AM
Boone has said he wants to see a WINNER in his Life Time and admits he's getting older by the day...Looks Like 163 Million won't get it done any time soon....6 and 6 next year won't cut it....JMHO....!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2007, 12:11 AM
he is 40!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the longest post you have ever posted!:D

KingBarry
11/28/2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, they should probably get rid of Gundy. But their problem is similar to the dilemma that Stoops' critics face. Who can they get that is better?

And for osu, if they do find "that" guy, it won't be long til he leaves.

usmc-sooner
11/28/2007, 10:55 AM
Gundy is an aggie. Although he went a little over the top with Jenny C and I didn't agree with his recruiting Collins, he seems like a good young coach to me. Coaching at OSU is very tough..even going 6-6 every year, if they start finishing third every year in the south, my hat's off to him.

Less Miles was doing better than 6-6. With their schedule they should have done better than 6-6.
2 of those 6 wins were FAU, and Sam Houston.

The_Red_Patriot
11/28/2007, 10:56 AM
Kansas and Missouri wanted to axe their coaches after three years........

so yea......

Coaches need time. Not everyone can be Bob Stoops.

Gary Stinkel will feel Bob's wrath this saturday.

MextheBulldog
11/28/2007, 12:19 PM
KU and MU have proven the value of giving a head coach time. Gundy will have time as long as T-Boone still supports him.

cb4ou
11/30/2007, 02:51 PM
From ESPN today. What a joke.

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy was given a one-year contract extension Friday after leading the Cowboys to their second straight bowl game.

The extension would keep Gundy, who gained national notoriety for a postgame outburst in September, at the school through 2013. It is subject to approval by the school's board of regents next week.

"We appreciate the job Coach Gundy is doing and believe he and his staff are making progress in moving OSU football to the next level," said Marlene Strathe, the school's interim president, in a statement. "I am particularly pleased with the success our student-athletes are having in the classroom under coach Gundy's leadership."

Gundy, a former Oklahoma State quarterback, is 17-19 in three seasons as the Cowboys' coach. He led them to a 4-7 record in 2005 and then took them to the Independence Bowl last season. The Cowboys are awaiting their bowl destination after going 6-6 this season.

"During the 2005 season we won just one conference game," Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder said. "We saw improvement last year and this year we were competitive in every conference game but the last one. That shows improvement to me."

Oklahoma State was in contention for the Big 12 South title this season before squandering a 21-point fourth-quarter lead in a 38-35 loss to Texas. The Cowboys finished the season with a 49-17 loss at Oklahoma last week and ended up in a three-way tie for third place in the division, behind the Sooners and Longhorns.

Perhaps the most memorable moment of the season, though, came after a 49-45 win against Texas Tech on Sept. 22, when Gundy used his entire postgame news conference addressing an Oklahoma City newspaper columnist who'd been critical of benched quarterback Bobby Reid. The rant, punctuated by a "Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40!" outburst, made national waves and was a YouTube sensation. Reid was suspended for Oklahoma State's game against Kansas State four weeks later when he skipped practice.

On the field, the highlight was a 45-14 blowout at Nebraska -- the team's first win in Lincoln since 1960.

The Cowboys earned their fifth bowl appearance in the last six years against what's considered the nation's most difficult schedule by the NCAA. Four of the Cowboys' losses came against ranked opponents, and their wins came against Florida Atlantic, Sam Houston State, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Kansas State and Baylor.

It's only the second time in school history that Oklahoma State will have five bowl appearances in a six-year span, with the first coming when Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders was on campus.

This run began when current LSU coach Les Miles took the Cowboys to three straight bowl games, when Gundy was the offensive coordinator.

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 02:55 PM
The world's greatest offense had to play the nation's most difficult schedule. So, they'll let him try again. Let's see...six more years...he'll be 46...too young to retire, I guess.

ousoonerfan
11/30/2007, 03:01 PM
"During the 2005 season we won just one conference game," Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder said. "We saw improvement last year and this year we were competitive in every conference game but the last one. That shows improvement to me."

HEH!!1!

MextheBulldog
11/30/2007, 03:28 PM
They have the O in place, if Capt. Hair Gel can ever put together a D, they might be salty. KU and MU have proven the value of giving a coach time.

Besides, any outsider they bring in will hang for 3-5 years until a better job opens up.

Curly Bill
11/30/2007, 03:29 PM
I've occasionaly made fun of Gumby on here, much like many others have, but I think you give him another year or two up there. He could actually be a decent coach, it's just hard to tell when what you have to work with is well...Okie State.

...and some of his antics have been pretty ridiculous...he might want to tone some of that stuff down.

hink4769
11/30/2007, 03:41 PM
If nothing else he does keep the status quo at Aggie Lite very well. He brings in enough talent to make everyone hopeful, raising preseason expectations. During the season they play above-average offense and pitiful defense. They win some games, but lose at least one (often more) games they should have won, often in embarrasing fashion such as a second half collapse (Texas and aTm this year) or via all-around awful play against a bad team (Troy). They'll end up finishing around 6-6 but will have enough positives to get their fans hopeful for next season and raise preseason expectations and the cycle continues...

Jenni_Carlson
11/30/2007, 03:49 PM
Why is he not leaving?

Lets get Mark to coach the agroids.... I need a reason to cheer for them when they're not playing us.:twinkies:
That comment had to have been written by a person that doesn’t have a child thats an OSU football player and has never had a child that’s an OSU football player and had their butt kicked by an OU player in football and come home upset! And had to deal with the poor lil aggie when he is upset! And had the crap kicked outta him when he’s down!

Here’s all that Coach did! He goes 6-6. He is disrespectful to the media! And he’s a good aggie, and he’s not a professional coach and he doesn’t deserve to be kicked when he’s down.

If you have a child someday that attends OSU, you’ll understand how it feels. But you obviously don’t have a child that attends OSU. If your child goes down the street and somebody makes fun of him because he dropped a football in a OU game, near the goal line twice, and he comes home crying to his mom, you’d understand. But you haven’t had that.

That’s why I don’t read this site! Because it’s garbage! And the moderator who let it come out is garbage! Attacking a college football coach doing everything right! Are you kidding me? 6-6 is a hellava season! Where are we at in society today? Come after me! I’m a woman! I’m not saying my age, but I’m not a kid! Write something about me! Don’t write about a coach that does everything right at OSU, and then say he should leave! That ain’t true!!!!

humblesooner
11/30/2007, 05:07 PM
In my opinion, extensions are given to ward off suitors from other schools.
Since Gundy is not going anywhere else unless Boone fires him, it doesn't really make sense to give him an extension, especially for 6 years down the road.

That said, the only intelligent part of this is that the extension was only for one year. I bet NU wishes Callahan's extension has only been one year.

douxpaysan
11/30/2007, 06:40 PM
Less Miles was doing better than 6-6. With their schedule they should have done better than 6-6.
2 of those 6 wins were FAU, and Sam Houston.
Miles can coach, arrogant pr*ck that he is. Look at OSU's losses. Oklahoma(A),Texas, Kansas and Georgia(A) no shame in those. Texas A&M(A) tough place to play but still they should have won. Troy State they should have won but Troy ain't that bad(losses against Arkansas, Florida and Georgia), The Pukes won the rest. I hate to be put in a position of defending people whose fanbase gag maggots on a daily basis.:O

OK2LA
11/30/2007, 07:05 PM
Why is he not leaving?

Where did you learn to post?

"See Ya LATUR OSU Coach Gundy" - implies that you have some sort of news about him leaving.

Then you ask the question:
Why is he not leaving?

Why would HE LEAVE? He might get fired - but why would he quit?

Then you really throw me for a loop:

Whahuh?

You want us (by the way, how would WE do this) to get Mark Mangino hired at OSU so YOU can cheer for OSU.

:confused:?????:confused:

Son, what in the hael are you talking about?

OSUAggie
11/30/2007, 08:23 PM
In my opinion, extensions are given to ward off suitors from other schools.
Since Gundy is not going anywhere else unless Boone fires him, it doesn't really make sense to give him an extension, especially for 6 years down the road.

That said, the only intelligent part of this is that the extension was only for one year. I bet NU wishes Callahan's extension has only been one year.

For recruiting purposes.

An extension that still leaves room for him to get ****-canned if he doesn't produce an improved product.

There were rumors that Boone was going to buy him out to get X, whoever the **** that was.

Big recruits coming in the next two weekends, so he's given a BS extension...

No big deal.