PDA

View Full Version : Hello, does anybody remember we beat Missouri a few weeks ago...and...

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 09:41 PM
...the score was 41-24 until MU scored a phantom TD with 17 seconds left...also wasn't this the game we missed like 4 extra points and some field goals....OU will score big Saturday not so sure about Mizzou scoring more than 14-17...should be a big and satisfying OU victory !!!

OU-HSV
11/27/2007, 09:54 PM
Oh I remember...it was good times. I didn't like our late prevent D thing, but I kinda understand what the coaches were trying to do there, no biggie. I'm really looking forward to this game. I'll be at my big company Christmas party (excuse me, what's the p.c. name for it? Winter season party or what have you)...anyways, they've informed us there will be t.v.'s. Plus I'll DVR it, can't wait!

astro5169
11/27/2007, 09:57 PM
WE ARE MISSING TWO THINGS:
1. Demarrco Murry
2. Austin English.

Each will hurt - Patrick keeps losing the pigskin. I am not comfortable with his ball protection.

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 09:58 PM
Go look at the last Mizzou "score" the receiver was tackled at the 1 with 17 seconds left and a random official signaled TD...who cared we beat their arses...now they think they gave it away....perfect scenario for OU...

OU-HSV
11/27/2007, 10:01 PM
Yep, I remember that too. I agree, let Mizzou do all the trash talking they want...and let them get all the hype, I kinda like the way this is going down.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 10:03 PM
1. Demarrco Murry
2. Austin English.

Each will hurt - Patrick keeps losing the pigskin. I am not comfortable with his ball protection.

1. Chris Brown and Allen Patrick are Great replacements
2. He is a day to day, I think he plays atleast comes in like on 3rd downs

Patrick showed last game that he is more than willing to step it up for this team and I have full confidence in him.

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 10:04 PM
1. Demarrco Murry
2. Austin English.

DeMarco gained 5 yards against Mizzou...English may play so what's your point ???

MI Sooner
11/27/2007, 10:05 PM
Go look at the last Mizzou "score" the receiver was tackled at the 1 with 17 seconds left and a random official signaled TD...who cared we beat their arses...now they think they gave it away....perfect scenario for OU...

The people who bet OU +10.5

astro5169
11/27/2007, 10:06 PM
I watched the replay tonight. He fumbled in the endzone 4th quarter. I cringe everytime he touches it. Brown is ok. Not fast like AP/AD/DM...

English may play but shouldn't. He needs to heal.

Just like adrian may play against Detroit. NOT HEALED YET.

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 10:07 PM
What are the chances of those two being 90% or better? THis is the big 12 Championship and what they worked for all off season and this year!

Hope they get some action at least -

Mizzou better bring it- this is the big time and this is for all the marbles...

josh09
11/27/2007, 10:09 PM
This thread is a very good point.

I was actually starting to buy into all the bull crap about how they "gave the game away"

MIZZOU SUCKS, BOOMER SOONER!!! :D

Soonerus
I watched the replay tonight. He fumbled in the endzone 4th quarter. I cringe everytime he touches it. Brown is ok. Not fast like AP/AD/DM...

I fully excpect English to play, he has been held out and has plenty of time to rest for the bowl game...and he does not eat buggers

KHS Sooner

AD said he could've played in the last game, but sat out. I think he is healed enough....

Patrick also had 200+ yards last game....whats your point?

Your saying some dumb stuff, if you haven't noticed

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 10:12 PM
Plus, we have the potential Mizzou choke factor being ranked #1 (BAWHAHAHA) and trying desperately to make the BCS Championship game...good luck Mizzou...

astro5169
11/27/2007, 10:12 PM
People- It might seem dum to you that never played sports... I did. I would have played no matter what. Cost me a senior year in high school and 4 years of college.

Let him heal. He has gotten us to the promise land. We will win. I am just saying protect them.

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 10:14 PM
People- It might seem dum to you that never played sports... I did. I would have played no matter what. Cost me a senior year in high school and 4 years of college.

Let him heal. He has gotten us to the promise land. We will win. I am just saying protect them.

He is as healthy as Calmus, let him play...no real down side risk...

85sooners
11/27/2007, 10:15 PM
f em!

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 10:15 PM

I'm a Senior Wide Reciever..........Yea it still seems pretty dumb.

Its not our decision if he plays or not, its Stoops and the trainers.
If he plays he plays, if he doesnt he doesnt.

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 10:16 PM
Patrick played like he wasn't looking over his shoulder - he frankly got off and was hitting the holes full steam -

Brown is very elusive and patient - he is damn good and more than servicable - I like to have a game breaker in Murray but we can be very effective and ballanced if he is not ready to go -

Sometimes getting in the groove is half the battle for someone like Patrick -

We need english - and the DL to play very well - as Temple will be in this game and gives them a little more twist in their offense.

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 10:17 PM
Patrick played like he wasn't looking over his shoulder - he frankly got off and was hitting the holes full steam -

Brown is very elusive and patient - he is damn good and more than servicable - I like to have a game breaker in Murray but we can be very effective and ballanced if he is not ready to go -

Sometimes getting in the groove is half the battle for someone like Patrick -

We need english - and the DL to play very well - as Temple will be in this game and gives them a little more twist in their offense.

Temple< Savage...

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 10:21 PM
Agreed - Danlies > Robinson & Maclin > Bryant & combined with Temple little bit more challenging.

They are less Pig Holmes there bigtime DB

Crimsontothecore
11/27/2007, 10:21 PM
Now you're starting to sound like the uncle in Napoleon Dynamite:D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 10:22 PM
Mizzou better be paying attention to this week or else

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6838/running7ot.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 10:23 PM

Could you throw a football a 1/4 mile?

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 10:23 PM
Agreed - Danlies > Robinson & Maclin > Bryant & combined with Temple little bit more challenging.

and do not forget Pinkel <<< Stoops...big factor...

mdklatt
11/27/2007, 10:24 PM
I am not comfortable with his ball protection.

*snicker*

Crimsontothecore
11/27/2007, 10:25 PM
*snicker*
"Three Musketeers"

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 10:26 PM
Now you're starting to sound like the uncle in Napoleon Dynamite:D

:D

jwlynn64
11/27/2007, 10:29 PM

That is quite disturbing. What the hell happened there! :eek:

Jello Biafra
11/27/2007, 10:31 PM

with coaches history in the injury department, (see texas tech for the latest proof) i'm fully confident that stoops will not allow them to play if it is an injury that could ruin the player/man. he has a training staff that is dedicated soley to the safety of the player and he has clearly stated that english has the same injury that calmus PLAYED with...non weight bearing etc....

give em a break......they make a whole buncha money for a reason.

the dealio with demarco is a moot point. we have two or three other options in that department that can find a hole.....if we need to, we can break out the shovel pass offense again and use jacob for a good 10-15 plays until they learn how to defend it.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 10:36 PM
That is quite disturbing. What the hell happened there! :eek:

Its ok...she crawled away

FirstandGoal
11/27/2007, 10:39 PM
**** Missouri

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2007, 12:59 AM
Oh I remember...it was good times. I didn't like our late prevent D thing, but I kinda understand what the coaches were trying to do there, no biggie. I'm really looking forward to this game. I'll be at my big company Christmas party (excuse me, what's the p.c. name for it? Winter season party or what have you)...anyways, they've informed us there will be t.v.'s. Plus I'll DVR it, can't wait!

Oh heck yes I remember it.. I took my only child to her first football game in Norman and now she wants to go to college. Boomer Sooner!

auto
11/28/2007, 08:50 AM

Christmas Party over watching the game on the big screen in HDTV, always skip the chica's Christmas party when OU is playing.:D

sooner n houston
11/28/2007, 09:00 AM

Which team are you a trainer/doctor for? I mean you must be to have such wonderful inside info! :mad:

SoonerWally
11/28/2007, 09:08 AM

Sounds like you need Astro to diagnose you with a condition that prevents you from getting in the starting line-up at that "Holiday Party."

msteudem
11/28/2007, 09:11 AM
I am not comfortable with his ball protection.

I am pretty sure he wears a cup. ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/28/2007, 09:16 AM

Chase Coffman also has a pretty bad ankle sprain and is questionable for the game. He didn't play the second half against KU. Most of the success that MU had against us has been with Rucker and Coffman. My guess is that Coffman will try to play but he will be way less than 100%.

tigerfan23
11/28/2007, 10:22 AM
Yep, I remember that too. I agree, let Mizzou do all the trash talking they want...and let them get all the hype, I kinda like the way this is going down.

Mizzou do all of the trash talking???? Do you read your own board? All of the trash talking is being done here. People on the Mizzou board respect OU. The fact that they pointed out that turnovers was a major reason for their earlier loss isn't being disrespectful, it is just telling the truth. It seems to me their was a lot of OU people crying about TO's when you lost to Colorado. (Lost to Colorado!!) The fact is you jokers can't even acknowledge that Mizzou is a good team. Well at least Mizzou was able to beat Texas Tech, and Colorado this year. It's a shame that you guys aren't playing for a chance to go to the National Championship game this year.

1stTimeCaller
11/28/2007, 10:36 AM
who beat Missouri this year?

Thanks for playing.

hOlden caUlfield...
11/28/2007, 10:58 AM
Mizzou do all of the trash talking???? It seems to me their was a lot of OU people crying about TO's when you lost to Colorado. (Lost to Colorado!!) Well at least Mizzou was able to beat Texas Tech, and Colorado this year. It's a shame that you guys aren't playing for a chance to go to the National Championship game this year.

We have a genius on our board!!!

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 11:22 AM
We have a genius on our board!!!

Sometimes the obvious need to be said again.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 11:33 AM
who beat Missouri this year?

Thanks for playing.

Yes, OU beat Mizzou thanks to our sloppy 4th quarter play. Won't happen again.

I'm curious ... what are the official SoonerFans excuses for the losses to Colorado and Texas Tech, teams that Mizzou beat by, oh, something like 80 combined points?

Bradford being injured I can buy -- he is a great playmaker and a huge factor in your offensive obviously. It's unfortunate the your offense can't function without your freshman star. But what's the official excuse for allowing Texas Tech to score 34 points on your heralded defense? And what's the excuse for racking up a measly 230 yards offense on a mediocre Colorado team?

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 11:35 AM

I'm curious ... what are the official SoonerFans excuses for the losses to Colorado and Texas Tech, teams that Mizzou beat by, oh, something like 80 combined points?

Bradford being injured I can buy -- he is a great playmaker and a huge factor in your offensive obviously. It's unfortunate the your offense can't function without your freshman star. But what's the official excuse for allowing Texas Tech to score 34 points on your heralded defense? And what's the excuse for racking up a measly 230 yards offense on a mediocre Colorado team?

Typical Mizzou Fan.

When we whip your a** this weekend I want you to come back to this board and admit your an idiot. :D

OKLA21FAN
11/28/2007, 11:36 AM
:pop:

Forever A Tiger
11/28/2007, 11:50 AM
...the score was 41-24 until MU scored a phantom TD with 17 seconds left...also wasn't this the game we missed like 4 extra points and some field goals....OU will score big Saturday not so sure about Mizzou scoring more than 14-17...should be a big and satisfying OU victory !!!

That is some strong stuff you're smoking! Funny guy you are.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 12:04 PM
Typical Mizzou Fan.

When we whip your a** this weekend I want you to come back to this board and admit your an idiot. :D

I'm simply asking what your excuses are for those losses. Sooner fans appear to be upset that Mizzou is making excuses for our loss at Norman when players say they let the game "slip away" due to turnovers. I'm wondering what excuses you guys offered after the Texas Tech and Colorado games. Were you beat by better teams, yes or no?

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 12:08 PM
For the Tech game our STARTING quarterback was out for the game.

We fell apart at Colorado, no excuses.

kevpks
11/28/2007, 12:10 PM
I'm simply asking what your excuses are for those losses. Sooner fans appear to be upset that Mizzou is making excuses for our loss at Norman when players say they let the game "slip away" due to turnovers. I'm wondering what excuses you guys offered after the Texas Tech and Colorado games. Were you beat by better teams, yes or no?

The "gave the game away" excuse does work a little better on a game that ended with a last second field goal than it does for a game you were losing by 17 until a meaningless touchdown. Mizzou had a lead on OU for about 3 minutes. I have a feeling it was the only lead you'll have on OU this season.

OklaPony
11/28/2007, 12:12 PM
The "gave the game away" excuse does work a little better on a game that ended with a last second field goal than it does for a game you were losing by 17 until a meaningless touchdown that didn't actually occur. Mizzou had a lead on OU for about 3 minutes. I have a feeling it was the only lead you'll have on OU this season.
Fixed...

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 12:23 PM
The "gave the game away" excuse does work a little better on a game that ended with a last second field goal than it does for a game you were losing by 17 until a meaningless touchdown. Mizzou had a lead on OU for about 3 minutes. I have a feeling it was the only lead you'll have on OU this season.

Well, as I remember it Colorado pretty much dominated OU all night ... they outgained the Sooners by something like 150 yards. I think OU had one third-down conversion the entire game.

On the other hand, the stats were very comparable in the Mizzou-Oklahoma game, with the Tigers racking up 418 yards to your 384. First downs and third-down percantage were about the same. The main statistical difference? Mizzou had twice as many turnovers.

Listen, I'm not arguing that OU didn't beat Mizzou fair and square or that you somehow didn't deserve to win. The bottom line is our guys didn't make plays when we had to, and your guys did.

I'm just making the point that to say Mizzou is being "disrespectful" by regretting the way they played in the 4th quarter of that game is silly. Do you honestly expect Chase, Maclin and the rest to think otherwise?

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 12:25 PM
Fixed...

I guess the 16 play, 80-yard drive that led to that "phantom" touchdown didn't occur, either?

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 12:27 PM
Well, as I remember it Colorado pretty much dominated OU all night ... they outgained the Sooners by something like 150 yards. I think OU had one third-down conversion the entire game.

On the other hand, the stats were very comparable in the Mizzou-Oklahoma game, with the Tigers racking up 418 yards to your 384. First downs and third-down percantage were about the same. The main statistical difference? Mizzou had twice as many turnovers.

Listen, I'm not arguing that OU didn't beat Mizzou fair and square or that you somehow didn't deserve to win. The bottom line is our guys didn't make plays when we had to, and your guys did.

I'm just making the point that to say Mizzou is being "disrespectful" by regretting the way they played in the 4th quarter of that game is silly. Do you honestly expect Chase, Maclin and the rest to think otherwise?

And then we could argue that OU didn't play well in the 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th quarters, If Daniel didnt fumble it, if Iglesias would have caught that bomb. It goes both ways. We made the plays, you guys didnt. Don't be stupid.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=KHS Sooner]For the Tech game our STARTING quarterback was out for the game.

I didn't realize Bradford played on defense.

OKLA21FAN
11/28/2007, 12:29 PM
Well, as I remember it Colorado pretty much dominated OU

yet nevar lead the game until the final play

funny how perspective works (Stoops was right)

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=KHS Sooner]For the Tech game our STARTING quarterback was out for the game.

I didn't realize Bradford played on defense.

^^^^Your obviously are pretty stupid

OklaPony
11/28/2007, 12:35 PM
I guess the 16 play, 80-yard drive that led to that "phantom" touchdown didn't occur, either?
I never said anything about the drive but Rucker was clearly not in the endzone. If there was any kind of time left on the clock it would have been challenged and overturned.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=jeepdad]

^^^^Your obviously are pretty stupid

Ok, let me be a little more clear: Bradford is good, very efficient, a great leader. His injury was obviously a factor in your loss to Texas Tech. But he does not play on defense, so how do you explain giving up 473 yards and 34 points to them? Hell, Tech even threw a couple of interceptions and lost a fumble.

OklaPony
11/28/2007, 12:37 PM
Well, as I remember it Colorado pretty much dominated OU all night ...
You just proved that you didn't watch the game.

Thanks for playing, move along please.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 12:40 PM
You just proved that you didn't watch the game.

Thanks for playing, move along please.

Like I said, he is pretty stupid.

I can't wait till we kick the shi* out of them Saturday.

jeepdad
11/28/2007, 12:41 PM
I never said anything about the drive but Rucker was clearly not in the endzone. If there was any kind of time left on the clock it would have been challenged and overturned.

Even so, it would've been third down from the 1-yard line with 20 seconds on the clock and a timeout left. Trust me, Mizzou would've scored anyway.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 12:42 PM
Even so, it would've been third down from the 1-yard line with 20 seconds on the clock and a timeout left. Trust me, Mizzou would've scored anyway.

You obviously don't know how many drives we have stopped at the 1

sooneronloan
11/28/2007, 12:50 PM
Proves their lack of experience in big games. The Missouri players have called out our team bad decision that will bite them in the end.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/28/2007, 01:03 PM
So what the Mo fans are saying is that their team plays poorly in the 4th quarter in big games. Just like they did against Kansas almost giving up a 21 point lead. Just like they did against Illinois giving up a 17 point lead. For their sake, I hope they are up at least 21 going into the 4th.

Desert Sapper
11/28/2007, 01:14 PM

I wish I could turn this into an avatar. Wow. Good to hear she's not dead.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2007, 01:16 PM
Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl do ya?

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 01:17 PM
Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl do ya?

That was the greatest moment in College Football.....EVER.

picasso
11/28/2007, 01:25 PM

rule #1 about internet board nerd smack. you have nothing if your team lost to the people you are trying to smack.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 01:26 PM
rule #1 about internet board nerd smack. you have nothing if your team lost to the people you are trying to smack.

Spek to that.

Pricetag
11/28/2007, 01:50 PM
You obviously don't know how many drives we have stopped at the 1
Sure he does. We did it to them when we were smacking them at their house last season.

tigerfan23
11/28/2007, 02:00 PM

Rule #2 never gaurantee victory when you can't beat Colorado and Texas Tech.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 02:02 PM

Rule #3 : You may always gaurantee a win if you kicked the shi* out of them a few games ago. :D

Your not very smart.

tigerfan23
11/28/2007, 02:05 PM
Rule #3 : You may always gaurantee a win if you kicked the shi* out of them a few games ago. :D

Your not very smart.

Rule#4 learn to spell before making posts.

You're not very smart either. In fact you're not even as smart as me.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 02:08 PM
Rule#4 learn to spell before making posts.

You're not very smart either. In fact you're not even as smart as me.

Really?? It's funny how you think your gonna win, after this season your team is not going to contend for the big 12 title, like usual.

Sucks to be you :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kighOUC8Ig8

cvsooner
11/28/2007, 02:20 PM
Most important thing to remember: we're down to a one-game playoff, winner takes all. Both teams know it, and I suspect they'll both play like their lives depended upon it. Who handles the pressure better? That will be the key.

tigerfan23
11/28/2007, 02:24 PM
Really?? It's funny how you think your gonna win, after this season your team is not going to contend for the big 12 title, like usual.

Sucks to be you :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kighOUC8Ig8

You really are stupid. You still can't spell!

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 02:26 PM
Its not spelling dip**** its called grammar.

Does your board suck that much that you have to come here?

Oh wait..............it does. :D

TigerBoard.com

Ash
11/28/2007, 02:30 PM

If by dominated you mean down by 17 until our team made some stupid mistakes in the second half and choked the game away but it still came down to a last second field goal that wouldn't have mattered if our receivers would have caught a few more passes that hit them in the hands or right between the numbers. Then yeah, the Buffs dominated.

tigerfan23
11/28/2007, 02:35 PM
Its not spelling dip**** its called grammar.

Does your board suck that much that you have to come here?

Oh wait..............it does. :D

TigerBoard.com

What an idiot. One last piece of advice. Better to be thought a fool than to post on SoonerBoard and remove all doubt. Good luck on your GED test, you will need it.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 02:38 PM
What an idiot. One last piece of advice. Better to be thought a fool than to post on SoonerBoard and remove all doubt. Good luck on your GED test, you will need it.

In college buddy. :D

Have watching your team make its way back to the doghouse.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 02:40 PM
One last piece of advice. Better to be thought a fool than to post on SoonerBoard and remove all DOUBT

You are posting on a "soonerboard"

LMAO :D

Outopia
11/28/2007, 03:11 PM

Living vicariously through the actions of others, when your team failed to win, is just soooo "aggie". Tell me, will you show up at the game in a Colorado shirt and T-Tech hat as well? That would complete the "aggie" trifecta. Weak sauce indeed.

cvsooner
11/28/2007, 03:43 PM
We lost two games we shouldn't have.

You lost one game you should have.

It's as simple as that.

A D Peterson28
11/28/2007, 04:26 PM
Venables just needs to say that magic incantation to stop the slants and passes across the middle while protecting the deep ball. I don't know what those words are, but I'm not the coach--though it will hurt without English. Bradford will take care of business on O with AP, Kelly and the rest of the crew. If we play our game and defense shows up, we'll have yet another set of rings.

A D Peterson28
-No, I'm not him. Just a fan of the Prince (AD) and the Maestro (Stoops). If you're a winning football coach in OK, you have more power than the governor--you can practically order around the National Guard!

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 04:28 PM
Venables just needs to say that magic incantation to stop the slants and passes across the middle while protecting the deep ball. I don't know what those words are, but I'm not the coach--though it will hurt without English. Bradford will take care of business on O with AP, Kelly and the rest of the crew. If we play our game and defense shows up, we'll have yet another set of rings.

A D Peterson28
-No, I'm not him. Just a fan of the Prince (AD) and the Maestro (Stoops). If you're a winning football coach in OK, you have more power than the governor--you can practically order around the National Guard!

Nice first post.

And don't worry, I didn't think your were Adrian Peterson. :D

picasso
11/28/2007, 06:15 PM
thanks for making my point.

and while we're at it, welcome to the club, we're used to winning and stuff ya know.

Desert Sapper
11/28/2007, 07:11 PM
We lost two games we shouldn't have.

You lost one game you should have.

It's as simple as that.

Smartest thing said in this thread. Thanks. :cool:

lucky1234
11/28/2007, 07:18 PM
Danario Alexander was also hurt the first time we played. He is approaching Macklin skills.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/28/2007, 07:49 PM
Ya know Mizzou fans... just keep running your gums, just like your players. It's the lesson that can't be imparted, but has to be learned.

Nebraska learned it 1987. Hell, we learned it with Birdine shooting his mouth off before the NC game against USC. You've yet to learn it.

But you will.

It's like another poster said [paraphrasing]: You better be real careful about calling the champ out to the curb, especially when he's already got half your scalp in his hand.

Oh, and excuses?

We don't make 'em. And that starts with the Head Coach on down. In those losses to CU and TT, we got beat, plain and simple. They outplayed us and outcoached us. NO EXCUSES!

But what have we heard from your crew since Saturday?

Nothing.

But.

Excuses.

That's it, keep talkin'. Tell us all about it.

SoonerKnight
11/28/2007, 08:18 PM
Heeeeerrrreee Kittttty Kittttyyy!!!! Come and get your BEAT DOWN!!!!!!!! Oh and after I got something for the Mizzery!!!!!!!

Big Red Ron
11/28/2007, 08:28 PM
Ya know Mizzou fans... just keep running your gums, just like your players. It's the lesson that can't be imparted, but has to be learned.

Nebraska learned it 1987. Hell, we learned it with Birdine shooting his mouth off before the NC game against USC. You've yet to learn it.

But you will.

It's like another poster said [paraphrasing]: You better be real careful about calling the champ out to the curb, especially when he's already got half your scalp in his hand.

Oh, and excuses?

We don't make 'em. And that starts with the Head Coach on down. In those losses to CU and TT, we got beat, plain and simple. They outplayed us and outcoached us. NO EXCUSES!

Nothing.

But.

Excuses.

That's it, keep talkin'. Tell us all about it.Jenny Carlson would be so proud.

toneful
11/28/2007, 10:15 PM
1. Chris Brown and Allen Patrick are Great replacements
2. He is a day to day, I think he plays atleast comes in like on 3rd downs

Patrick showed last game that he is more than willing to step it up for this team and I have full confidence in him.

true, but DM is the only player on offense who has breakaway potential every time he touches the ball.

OU-HSV
11/28/2007, 10:43 PM
Mizzou do all of the trash talking???? Do you read your own board? All of the trash talking is being done here. People on the Mizzou board respect OU. The fact that they pointed out that turnovers was a major reason for their earlier loss isn't being disrespectful, it is just telling the truth. It seems to me their was a lot of OU people crying about TO's when you lost to Colorado. (Lost to Colorado!!) The fact is you jokers can't even acknowledge that Mizzou is a good team. Well at least Mizzou was able to beat Texas Tech, and Colorado this year. It's a shame that you guys aren't playing for a chance to go to the National Championship game this year.
Okay, sorry, maybe I should've been more specific for the simple minded..."Let Mizzou's PLAYERS do all the smack talk."
See the deal is this, it's not about the message board trash talk that some of my fellow Soonerfans are doing on here, , and that I'm sure some Mizzou fans are also doing....it's about your players not knowing how to keep their own mouths shut. My point in my previous post is that your players hinting or simply saying they gave us the victory in Norman among other things they've said...that's what will fire our coaches and our players up. It's not fans talking trash...it's your freakin players doing it! That's what I'm saying. Oh and I guess it's understandable that your team wouldn't know how to act. After all, what's it been since Mizzou was #1....since 1960 right?
And by the way, you really remind me of an osu sheephumper fan coming on our board and talking trash about us losing to teams other than your own. Hey, I guess...whatever makes you feel better about your previous loss to us. Geeze, trash talking through other teams victories. [hairGel]
I never said Mizzou sucked. I actually think Mizzou has a great team, I think Chase has played terrific this year, I think Maclin is amazing. But I also think it's pretty lame for your players to act like, imply and say that OU didn't earn the victory over you our first go around. But I like it, that's the stuff our squad will feed off of to give an extra burst of determination to beat you again. Ought to be a good game, but I hope we clobber your tigers.

kevpks
11/28/2007, 10:50 PM
Danario Alexander was also hurt the first time we played. He is approaching Macklin skills.

Is "Macklin" even any good? I have seen Maclin, and he has impressed me. Mizzou needs to watch out for Patrick Allen and Sam Crawford. They are gamers.;)

How much of a fan can you be if you don't even spell the name of one of your star players correctly?

MextheBulldog
11/28/2007, 10:52 PM
thanks for making my point.

and while we're at it, welcome to the club, we're used to winning and stuff ya know.
:pop:

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 10:53 PM
Is "Macklin" even any good? I have seen Maclin, and he has impressed me. Mizzou needs to watch out for Patrick Allen and Sam Crawford. They are gamers.;)

How much of a fan can you be if you don't even spell the name of one of your star players correctly?

I hear that Sam Bradshaw is pretty salty too.;)

SoonerKnight
11/28/2007, 10:57 PM
I like what Bob had to say:

Some Missouri players have contended this week that their turnovers gave OU the victory.

“If they (say) they gave them to us, I think the first interception, we’ve got a blitz on and he throws it right down the middle and D.J. Wolfe steps in front of it and intercepts it,” Stoops said. “That’s a pretty good play when you’ve got pressure on. In the fourth quarter, Auston English tips a ball to Nic Harris.

That’s forced when you tip it.

“You can spin it however you want. I know this, when we’re kicking off with 2:20 to go in the game, we’re up three possessions.

“If that’s giving it to us, I’ll take it every time.”

Jello Biafra
11/28/2007, 11:25 PM

says the woman who obviously didn't watch our defense this year in the red zone.

ring*

hello?

yeh. yeh. he's right here.........
jeepdad, zac is on the phone. he wants me to talk to you and tell you how big a phuggtard you are for thinking it is an auto TD because you're on the one yard line.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 02:16 AM
"She" missed that...was changing her pad and re-adjusting her bra.

SoonerKnight
11/29/2007, 02:58 AM
I am making that quote from Stoops my sig for the rest of the week these slow Tiger fans need to get it in their skulls. Stoops owns the Tiggers hell he probably craps better teams!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 03:09 AM
Hell, I had better teams on that old vibrating field, throw the tiny felt ball, plastic player game!

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 03:12 AM
I should change mine to "Bouncy-Bouncy-Bouncy, Right out of the BCS Championship"

SoonerKnight
11/29/2007, 03:49 AM
I should change mine to "Bouncy-Bouncy-Bouncy, Right out of the BCS Championship"

I like that! Now if we could bounce into this would be a great year for OU to win it!!!

tigerfan23
11/29/2007, 08:38 AM

But you will.

Oh, and excuses?

Nothing.

But.

Excuses.

That's it, keep talkin'. Tell us all about it.

Funny, you admit that you were out coached and out played by Colorado, yet you find it impossible that Mizzou could beat you. Great logic.

CtheB
11/29/2007, 08:40 AM
Funny, you admit that you were out coached and out played by Colorado, yet you find it impossible that Mizzou could beat you. Great logic.

Nobody is saying you CAN'T beat Oklahoma, just that you WON'T beat Oklahoma. There's a difference, please spend the rest of your week trying to figure that out before the game starts Saturday. It will take some of the pain out of your a$$ when truth finally comes calling for you.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/29/2007, 09:57 AM

Obviously you haven't paid much attention to this thread or read the post. Nobody is saying that Mo is not a good team and that they can't beat us. The discussion is about the last game and why you guys are the happiest losers we've seen since Colorado in 2002. By the way, they got their mulligan and didn't do any better.

picasso
11/30/2007, 01:11 PM
Aggy alert!

Tigersnumerouno
11/30/2007, 01:18 PM
Nobody is saying you CAN'T beat Oklahoma, just that you WON'T beat Oklahoma. There's a difference, please spend the rest of your week trying to figure that out before the game starts Saturday. It will take some of the pain out of your a$$ when truth finally comes calling for you.

LOL you sunnis are a hoot. Heard the EXACT same krap last week from the Jaytalkers. "you're a pretty good football team..yada yada yada ...but Saturday night you will lose..yada yada yada."

Now they like you will be are sitting around wondering "Where will be be able to go in a bowl?"

The tigers have only one less player on the Big 12 first team than the entire SOUTH of the Big 12. Not to mention 4 on the second team. It's the Year of the Tiger!! Deal with it.

jwlynn64
11/30/2007, 01:38 PM
Wow! I didn't realize that the list of players on the Big XII first team came from God!

I guess there is no way that a South Team would ever be able to beat... Mizzou.... Wait! Didn't OU already beat the Tigers!

Boy, I guess that we were lucky to win that game. As many Big XII first team players as all of the south!:rolleyes:

sooner518
11/30/2007, 01:43 PM
It's the Year of the Tiger!! Deal with it.
I guess its fortunate that you have finally got a "year of the tiger". It's been a long time coming. Aggy-lite has a more recent conference title than you guys. That's kind of sad.

Tigersnumerouno
11/30/2007, 01:50 PM
Don't know, just asking. When was the last time the sunnis had to beat the number one team in the nation to save their season?

Were the big 12 all conference teams to have been picked way back when Mizzou played in your home game--they would have likely had only a couple players on the all Big 12 team. A lot has happened. Oklahoma has went downhill and Mizzou has excelled. Dems the facts.

Now the Tigers have 8 all big 12 athletes and 4 second teamers. They are NUMERO UNO in the whole dayum country.

OU seems to have trouble traveling this year and bringing their A game.

I look for the sunnis to give a good account of themselves and make their fans feel like they played a good game against NUMERO UNO.

Good Luck in the Cotton Bowl!

The Maestro
11/30/2007, 02:13 PM
Oklahoma has went downhill.

Your grammar has as well.

olevetonahill
11/30/2007, 02:14 PM
Why was this trash talkin tigger fan green ? :confused: :pop:

sooner518
11/30/2007, 02:22 PM
Why was this trash talkin tigger fan green ? :confused: :pop:
my spekhammer wasnt big enough to red him out.

his arguments are kind of funny. its as if hes completely oblivious that other people are talking. he just kind of rants for no reason. i guess hes proud of all their All Big 12 team or something. yawn

mdklatt
11/30/2007, 02:35 PM
you sunnis are a hoot.

Congratulations, you came up with a nickname even lamer than "gooners".

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 02:41 PM
If we're the Sunnis, then prepare for jihad. We'll hand your head to you on a platter.

And, aren't Tigers on the endangered species list?

mdklatt
11/30/2007, 02:51 PM
I guess its fortunate that you have finally got a "year of the tiger".

Actually, it's the Year of the Pig.

sooner518
11/30/2007, 02:55 PM
Actually, it's the Year of the Pig.
hes injured. they are screwed

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 03:11 PM
Don't know, just asking. When was the last time the sunnis had to beat the number one team in the nation to save their season?

Were the big 12 all conference teams to have been picked way back when Mizzou played in your home game--they would have likely had only a couple players on the all Big 12 team. A lot has happened. Oklahoma has went downhill and Mizzou has excelled. Dems the facts.

Now the Tigers have 8 all big 12 athletes and 4 second teamers. They are NUMERO UNO in the whole dayum country.

I look for the sunnis to give a good account of themselves and make their fans feel like they played a good game against NUMERO UNO.

Okay, to be fair, either team could win this game. It's accurate that we've had a little problem on the road. It's also accurate that we have 18 players on the Big 12 team (first, second and HMs).

I hardly think we've gone downhill. Okay, we lost one in the final run since Oct. 13, and we struggled at Iowa State, somewhat.

And you know what? Doesn't mean a thing. All that matters right now is the winner take all match tomorrow in San Antonio. If we lose, fine. Good for Missouri. Good for the Big 12. We'll be back to practicing for our bowl game and you'll be practicing for yours.

In fact, that's what will happen whichever team loses. We think OU will win. You think Mizzou will. We'll know who was right and who wasn't, tomorrow night.

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 03:13 PM
Oh, and I wouldn't put that much stock in the All Big 12 team selected by the Associated Press. We're talking about sportswriters, you know? Like they actually know anything.

Youngsooner
11/30/2007, 03:23 PM
How the hell have we gone downhill? Going to the big 12 championship game for the 6th time since 2000? I'm confused... enlighten me

picasso
11/30/2007, 03:35 PM

smack from a Mizzou fan? This is some funny stuff.

picasso
11/30/2007, 03:37 PM

I had to read it again. All-conference and bowl smack from a Mizzou fan. Impressive.

Pricetag
11/30/2007, 03:58 PM

We already won in the Cotton Bowl this year, which, judging by recent history, is the Big 12 championship game.

Coaches always talk about how being number one never matters until the end of the season, and they're usually blowing smoke. Not this year, though. It really doesn't mean jack until after the final game. Number one hasn't meant the best team, just the next in line to lose to another good team.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 04:24 PM
OU hasn't "gone downhill". Tomorrow's game is going to decide who wins the Big 12, all the polls and expert pics don't matter at all. The game is what matters.

I hope MU wins. I think they can if they bring their A game, but I have NO confidence that it is a done deal. OU is the strongest team we have faced this year, and you have beaten us once already. Convincingly. That game wasn't as close as the final score indicates. The only thing that gives me any faith that we can win is that we played our worst game of the year that day. That could be because you completely outmatch us. I don't think so, but am willing to admit it may be the case. KU fans were pretty confident before last Saturday, and we beat them pretty convincingly. I don't think that game was as close as the score showed either.

I hope we win tomorrow, but I won't be confident of a victory until the clock reads 0:00 and we have the higher score. As an MU fan even THAT may not convince me though. Maybe I'll wait until I read it in the papers the next day...

GO TIGERS!!!

C&CDean
11/30/2007, 04:36 PM
Hey numerolasto,

"Sunnis???"

Are you out of your ****ing mind boy? It's bad enough that you don't know how to be a winner (and who can blame you since you've been a loser all your ****ing life), but to come on our board and insult us with something like "sunnis" and you think I'm gonna let it slide?

Not likely dickhead. Say goodnight.

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 04:41 PM
Hey numerolasto,

"Sunnis???"

Are you out of your ****ing mind boy? It's bad enough that you don't know how to be a winner (and who can blame you since you've been a loser all your ****ing life), but to come on our board and insult us with something like "sunnis" and you think I'm gonna let it slide?

You da man.

SoonerStormchaser
11/30/2007, 04:43 PM
Permaban?

KHS Sooner
11/30/2007, 04:44 PM
Permaban?

I hope, he is an arse.

Check his posts.......

C&CDean
11/30/2007, 04:45 PM
Permaban?

nukular 4-evah ban

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 05:18 PM
Dean, you are my hero. Thanks.

OU-HSV
11/30/2007, 06:15 PM
Hey numerolasto,

"Sunnis???"

Awesome

Texas Golfer
11/30/2007, 06:25 PM

I think Christmas parties are now called Holiday Hoedowns.

Three things concern me about tomorrow's game compared to when we beat them:

1. They were without Temple last time.

2. We're without Murray and English this time.

3. Last time, we played on our own home field where we've been dominant.

PLaw
11/30/2007, 06:37 PM

That's all well and fine, but it doesn't really have an impact on tomorrow. We are a banged up football team with some significant injuries with the most signiicant to English, Murray, and Davis.

This one will be a tight fit.

BOOMER SOONER

PLAW

MUfan
11/30/2007, 06:48 PM
This is by FAR the toughest game MU will play this year. OU has a history of winning big games, and before this year, MU has a history of losing big games. You guys beat us handily earlier this year, so that will be hanging over our heads, and that is my biggest fear going into this game.

We have a history of collapsing in big games. I think that the first time we met this year we made a lot of mistakes because we were intimidated. I hope that we will settle down and play our game, because that is the ONLY way we have a chance. Maybe playing for the second time will help us to settle down, I don't know.

Like I said before, I'm not at all confident about tomorrow night, but I think if both teams show up it's going to be a great game.

GO TIGERS!!!

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 06:50 PM
Hey numerolasto,

"Sunnis???"

thanx for playin...... nice knowin ya...

Stoop Dawg
11/30/2007, 06:58 PM
nukular 4-evah ban

48 hours would have been plenty. We aren't going to see this many MU fans here again in a long, long time.

Jello Biafra
11/30/2007, 07:04 PM
48 hours would have been plenty. We aren't going to see this many MU fans here again in a long, long time.

guaranteed. he wouldn't have been one of them coming back.

MUfan
11/30/2007, 07:06 PM
I will be here throughout the game Saturday, bouncing back and forth between this and Tigerboard...it may be painful if we get creamed, but I promise to remain civil.

This is part of what makes football fun.

GO TIGERS!!!

Desert Sapper
12/1/2007, 01:32 PM
Sunnis? Heh. He couldn't have been smart enough to realize what he was saying. But somewhere in Iran, Ayatollah Khamenei just jumped on Soonerfans and declared a worldwide jihad on the state of Oklahoma.

SoonerBacker
12/1/2007, 02:08 PM

In case you haven't noticed, this is NOT a "road game." It is being played on a neutral field. There will be plenty of SOONER fans there, as well as tigger fans. A better comparison would be the OU/texA$$ game. You don't think we bring OUr "A game" to that sort of contest? Tell it to a Whorn fan.

As to the "Sunni" comment - stick it up your arse! As one whose family and friends have been in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting the terrorist scumbags, I find that kind of comment disgraceful. Want to talk THAT kind of trash? Do it in Norman and see what happens to you!

SleestakSooner
12/1/2007, 04:05 PM
I will be here throughout the game Saturday, bouncing back and forth between this and Tigerboard...it may be painful if we get creamed, but I promise to remain civil.

This is part of what makes football fun.

GO TIGERS!!!

Don't forget to bring your pick-a-nick basket!

http://disney-clipart.com/Easter/pooh-bear/Easter-Tigger-Handstand.jpg