85sooners
11/27/2007, 05:34 PM
:pop:

Collier11
11/27/2007, 05:34 PM
Any update on his status?

Or whether I kan types it?:D

Or whether Lou Holtzth speaks it?

In the presser <------:eek: Stoops said he was running on it and is day to day...so take that for whatever it is worth

jwlynn64
11/27/2007, 05:36 PM
Even if he only goes half the snaps, that makes our team that much more dangerous.

Heal quickly AE! :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/27/2007, 05:37 PM
In the presser <------:eek: Stoops said he was running on it and is day to day...so take that for whatever it is worth

NO ONE can stand up to the presser.....:eek:

Always tough with Stoops speak. Running on it tells me there probably wasn't an amputation. I guess that is good news.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 05:40 PM

Well then I want a day to day answer, thats how important he is.

Paperclip
11/27/2007, 05:48 PM
I don't claim to know the first thing about this injury, anything medical or really even football. However, this injury was described as something similar to Calmus' injury in what, 1999? Calmus played with it. Is this a case of AE not just toughing it out or is this injury more significant? I understand that he shouldn't be playing if he could further injure himself, but if it's just a pain thing can't something be done about that?

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 05:50 PM
I don't claim to know the first thing about this injury, anything medical or really even football. However, this injury was described as something similar to Calmus' injury in what, 1999? Calmus played with it. Is this a case of AE not just toughing it out or is this injury more significant? I understand that he shouldn't be playing if he could further injure himself, but if it's just a pain thing can't something be done about that?

Alot of players play through the pain, personally by what Stoops has been saying about him, I think it's likely he plays.

Collier11
11/27/2007, 05:51 PM

I dont think calmus had the rod inserted in his leg because he was a senior? Correct me if im wrong, but he just played thru the pain whereas English as a sophomore did this preventively to stabilize it better? That is my non-doctoral inexpertise <---- :eek: !!!

Dan Thompson
11/27/2007, 05:52 PM
If I was Stoops I would say much either, let MizzOU guess.

Ash
11/27/2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not a doctor but I'll play one on this message board.

My impression is that the procedure he had where they inserted a metal rod in the foot to help the healing has held him back in terms of getting back on the field.

It's similar to Calmus' injury but IIRC, he's had to go through some medical procedures that Rocky didn't.

This is coming from what I've read in the DOK this week, so take it with many grains of salt.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 05:54 PM
If I was Stoops I would say much either, let MizzOU guess.

True, probaly is.

aurorasooner
11/27/2007, 06:01 PM
I haven't read anything to the effect that A. English was running on it, I saw where Stoops said after Monday's practice last night he was jogging on it, but I haven't listened to this afternoon's press conference yet. I did see in that same SI.com press report last night that Stoops said he expects Alan Davis to be cleared by the Drs. and to play this week, which is a good news. However, Jogging after Monday's practice while a little encouraging imo, doesn't mean he's close to playing in pads and cleats. I think all those press guys are just as much in the dark about A. English as we are. From the little I've seen, if anything I would expect him to alternate perhaps on 3rd downs, which would be better than nothing. I dunno, maybe Bob's doing the chess thing with Mizzou.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 06:03 PM
I haven't read anything to the effect that A. English was running on it, I saw where Stoops said after Monday's practice last night he was jogging on it, but I haven't listened to this afternoon's press conference yet. I did see in that same SI.com press report last night that Stoops said he expects Alan Davis to be cleared by the Drs. and to play this week, which is a good news. However, Jogging after Monday's practice while a little encouraging imo, doesn't mean he's close to playing in pads and cleats. I think all those press guys are just as much in the dark about A. English as we are. From the little I've seen, if anything I would expect him to alternate perhaps on 3rd downs, which would be better than nothing. I dunno, maybe Bob's doing the chess thing with Mizzou.

Even alternating him in would help a bunch.

85sooners
11/27/2007, 06:07 PM
yeah get in there english

birddog
11/27/2007, 06:31 PM
it was first reported that calmus' injury was much worse than auston's. i'm not sure if they determined that it's gotten worse or if he can't tolerate pain as well as rocky.

either way, i think he'll play.

kevpks
11/27/2007, 09:19 PM
It is funny that DE was supposed to be a weak spot on the defense this year. Even with all the injuries it has been a strong position all year. Beal played well on Saturday. If English plays that is going to be an awesome rotation this week.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 09:22 PM
It is funny that DE was supposed to be a weak spot on the defense this year. Even with all the injuries it has been a strong position all year. Beal played well on Saturday. If English plays that is going to be an awesome rotation this week.

I was going to say I saw Beal get in on a LOT of tackles at the line of scrimmage. It did look like he played really good, but we are def. going to need Austin for Mizzou.

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 10:26 PM
I believe he was getting ready for Tech and re-injured it in practice thus the medal rod -

I bet he plays- this is the big twelve Championship and this is a non weight bearing bone and will not cause any long term damage - Eric Bienemy played with one as a running back -

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2007, 03:33 AM
I hope he's back, but not if it's gonna screw him up more. We'll need him at full speed next year when we make our serious run at #8

swardboy
11/28/2007, 08:23 AM
I was going to say I saw Beal get in on a LOT of tackles at the line of scrimmage. It did look like he played really good, but we are def. going to need Austin for Mizzou.

The commentators even mentioned the speed of Beal.....he did get sucked in a few times on the fake to the back/qb keeper which OSU ran for some big gains. If he's learned from that he'll be a beast at the position.

setem
11/28/2007, 09:47 AM
I have been drinking the Beal Cool-Aid since day one! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97227&highlight=jeremy+beal)

r5TPsooner
11/28/2007, 10:38 AM
I heard Dean day on the 10 o'clock news last nite that English might play 10 or so plays against MU.

So, I guess that means he's out for the game.

KHS Sooner
11/28/2007, 10:41 AM
I heard Dean day on the 10 o'clock news last nite that English might play 10 or so plays against MU.

Don't believe anything that doesn't come from Stoops, or the coaching staff.

noobalicious
11/29/2007, 08:58 AM
I was actually caught in a traffic jam by the Barry Switzer Center around 6 last night because the entire football team was crossing Jenkins. English was one of the few players not in pads and he was walking with a limp.

Take it for what it's worth.

sooneron
11/29/2007, 09:01 AM

Yeah, but he said it was 70/40% chance.

Jmorales22
11/30/2007, 01:58 AM
I don't think there's a plan to update it right now, but a few years ago there was talk of a breakoff language they called "ebonics."

cvsooner
11/30/2007, 02:00 AM
I don't think English will play again until the bowl game.

Crucifax Autumn
11/30/2007, 03:43 AM
I think he'll be in the game for about half the snaps and he and Beal will be Booger's worst nightmare since they'll both be fresh all game.