PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 awards handed out.....

SoonerAcesUp
11/27/2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112707aaf.html

McCoy-Defensive Freshman of the Year

1st team:
Brody Eldridge-FB
Duke Robinson-OL

Auston English-DL
Curtis Lofton-LB
Reggie Smith-DB
Nic Harris-DB

2nd team:
Malcolm Kelly-WR
Phil Loadholt-OL
Brandon Walker-OL
Garrett Hartley-PK

Demarcus Granger-DL
D.J. Wolfe-DB

Honorable Mention:
Lewis Baker, Sam Bradford, Joe Jon Finley, Jermaine Gresham, Juaquin Iglesias, Gerald McCoy, DeMarco Murray

SoonerWally
11/27/2007, 04:11 PM
Is Eldridge a fullback? Thought he was a tight end.

jccouger
11/27/2007, 04:11 PM
Bull Sh!t

Widescreen
11/27/2007, 04:18 PM
I'm a little surprised that Hartley made 2nd team, although I don't know much about the other kicker in the league. He really hit a slump during a portion of the season. Otherwise I'm OK with it. Bradford being a freshman would prevent him from getting anything other than honorable mention with Harrell and Boogerboy in the league.

tommieharris91
11/27/2007, 04:18 PM
FIRE BRENT VENABLES!!!

Collier11
11/27/2007, 04:19 PM
theres already a thread for this that has all the awards posted! weve already got 6 threads about a playoff, do we really more than one for this topic?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304

IronHorseSooner
11/27/2007, 04:23 PM
These awards ceae to amaze me. We have Eldridge get it for a position that he doesn't even play. Special Teams POY goes to a guy who might be the
5th best return man in the league (behind Maclin, Cosby, DM, and Nelson from KSU). Sam breaks an NCAA Freshman record and doesn't get Freshman of the year (or even co-awardee). Gresham has 10 TDs this year, which is the most for a TE in the conference, and doesn't even get second team? I could understand him being behind Rucker, but Pettigrew? JCCOUGAR, I agree whole-heartedly with you on this one!

stoopified
11/27/2007, 04:43 PM
Sam Bradford IS the best QB in the BIG 12.Not being first team is a travesty,not being AT LEAST 2nd team is a crime.

XFollower
11/27/2007, 04:46 PM
Sam Bradford - honorable mention... are you freaking kidding me? Oh the big 12, never seems to amaze.

Collier11
11/27/2007, 04:49 PM
I dont usually gripe about neg spek but in this case, quit being an idiot if you negged me for my previous statement. THere is a search button for a reason, this forum is clogged with repeat and copycat threads, in fact you dont even have to waste the energy to search, just scroll down the first frickin page and it is right there!

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 04:50 PM
Oh the big 12, never seems to amaze.

Well, if you aren't amazed why are you surprised? ;)

Desert Sapper
11/27/2007, 05:08 PM
Eldridge is the best damn fullback a Tight End has EVAR been.

In other news, I can't complain much about the selections. I think several QBs have a claim in this league. Harrell has about as good a claim as Sam. The two selections are in the same general category. It was a tossup. Reesing did a great job this year for KU. Until last week they were undefeated. And Daniel has nearly 1300 more passing yards than Sam and 1 more TD.

If we can keep some of these juniors, we'll have a damn good team next year...and a whole slew of All Americans.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/27/2007, 05:10 PM
theres already a thread for this that has all the awards posted! weve already got 6 threads about a playoff, do we really more than one for this topic?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104304

The thread police has arrived! Everybody run! :D

GoTigers
11/27/2007, 05:10 PM
Neither Martin Rucker nor Chase Coffman made first team. Its outrageous

bstuff1979
11/27/2007, 05:15 PM
Eldridge isn't a fullback, but he has lined up at fullback a number of times this season as well as having lined up at wingback(or offset tight-end/slot/whatever) as a sort of tightend/fullback/slot combo. It is a little odd, but Stoops has mentioned Eldridge as the team's best run-blocker a handful of times. This is almost like saying TRRW should/could have been 1st team Big 12 linebacker because he played more of a "rover" than SS.

Desert Sapper
11/27/2007, 05:16 PM
Neither Martin Rucker nor Chase Coffman made first team. Its outrageous

Most definitely. You guys have the two best TEs in the country. Rucker is awesome. Of course, there are a ton of great TEs in this league. You have to make a cut somewhere.

Dan Thompson
11/27/2007, 05:16 PM
They could wait till the season is over.

Collier11
11/27/2007, 05:17 PM
The thread police has arrived! Everybody run! :D

fo sho, now get on out of heyaaar!

Desert Sapper
11/27/2007, 05:34 PM
I know Maclin is teh allsome, but how is he listed twice (as a WR and KR)? Something is not wholesome about that. Otherwise, Little Joe should have been All-Big 8 two ways for about three years.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/27/2007, 05:54 PM
At least you got some people on the list. : (

anyone notice that the preseason heisman candidate in austin did not even get an honorable mention. harsh

Sooner_Bob
11/27/2007, 06:19 PM
I'd be willing to bet that if you looked at game film Brody lined up as a fullback more than a TE.

aurorasooner
11/27/2007, 06:46 PM
I guess they gave Clownahan and FGFran a vote. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have one Sooner on their 1st or 2nd team since they were hitting the road anyway. I don't really know what the coach's option's are 1)vote 1st team only 2)vote 1st,2nd,& HI, but I would really be interested to see if that slag clownahan had any our players on his 1st team ballot. Betcha anything he didn't.