PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Les Miles

Widescreen
11/27/2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27815&SPID=2164&ATCLID=1326732&DB_OEM_ID=5200

This team has not lost a game in regulation. I know it does not mean much to you guys (media.) The point is, in a 60 minutes game, we play as competitive as we can be. There is not a team that we have played that has bested us in the first 60 minutes. If you had to look at the length and width of the game, that is how it is measured. Then you go to overtime, and I think our overtime system is just as flawed as any other overtime system. It’s just the way it is and it is probably correct. You have to decide it then where it takes the length of the field and certain situations out of it. It is imperfect, but a darn good system. You tell me if there are other teams in this country that can say that. If you just give us ties, like in the old system, we are undefeated with two ties. Maybe that adds up as one lost.
LSU - The 60 minute co-champs! :D

sooner518
11/27/2007, 02:55 PM
lol. so basically he took the old "we didnt lose, we just ran out of time" argument and changed it up a bit. good one Lester. once an aggy, always an aggy

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 02:57 PM
LSU's trophy case will be adding this to their collection...

http://www.techherding.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/60_minutes.jpg

sooneron
11/27/2007, 02:57 PM
Did :mack: coach him on that one?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 02:58 PM
I love this tidbit

On the Tennessee offense...
“Their quarterback (Erik Ainge) is a very talented thrower. They have a real quality receiving group. They have not given up many sacks. Is there concern? Absolutely. I also like our match up. I like our guys rushing their offensive line and the opportunity to get at their passer. I think we will provide coverage. Our secondary will want to play more so in this game. I am concerned but our opponent should be also.”

So they didnt want to play in the last game? Is that why DM manhandled your D?

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 03:01 PM
Maybe Les could jedi mind trick his team by setting the clock ahead like my wife does.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 03:03 PM
Thats like when he said going into the lockerroom last week that "My guys will make plays when called upon." Have considered asking them to make plays before the game and not waiting til halftime genius?

SOONER STEAKER
11/27/2007, 03:51 PM
"There is not another team in America that has gone undefeated in 60 minutes of play. We play with reckless abandon and our only losses have come in overtime." quote from College Football Live

waaa waaa waaa violins playing in the back ground

SoonerWally
11/27/2007, 03:55 PM
What about Hawaii? I think they are still part of America.

jrboomersooner
11/27/2007, 03:59 PM
he meant in the 48 "congenial" united states.

aurorasooner
11/27/2007, 04:04 PM
I know Lester is a doofus for even bringing up crap like that to the press table. However, that's tough losing 2 OT games as your only losses. In any event, I think old Macky has even been educated the last several years to lose that retarded type logic when being quoted the press. When/if Lester goes to Michigan, he would be wise to do the same.

MojoRisen
11/27/2007, 04:05 PM
CHOKE

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 04:10 PM
burp

Widescreen
11/27/2007, 04:12 PM
I don't care how tough it is for him. He should've lost to Auburn and Florida. They're lucky to have only lost 2 this year.

SOONER STEAKER
11/27/2007, 04:16 PM
Miles is reported in resign on Sunday to accept the Michigan job and Bo Pelini is to accept the Nebraska job next Monday.

It's an LSU mass exodus.

Stoop Dawg
11/27/2007, 04:52 PM
What about Hawaii? I think they are still part of America.

Yeah, but they don't count because .... well, they just don't.

stoopified
11/27/2007, 04:54 PM
I know Lester is a doofus for even bringing up crap like that to the press table. However, that's tough losing 2 OT games as your only losses. In any event, I think old Macky has even been educated the last several years to lose that retarded type logic when being quoted the press. When/if Lester goes to Michigan, he would be wise to do the same.What is the difference between kosing in the final 3 seconds and in OT?A loss is a loss.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 04:55 PM
Miles is reported in resign on Sunday to accept the Michigan job and Bo Pelini is to accept the Nebraska job next Monday.

It's an LSU mass exodus.

Is this a rumor..... :rolleyes:

Civicus_Sooner
11/27/2007, 04:57 PM
What is the difference between kosing in the final 3 seconds and in OT?A loss is a loss.
Aggie logic he's using.

Sooner Suzie
11/27/2007, 04:59 PM
I hope he's not one of the coaches voting in the coaches' poll. He seems pretty clueless about other teams.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 05:00 PM
I hope he's not one of the coaches voting in the coaches' poll. He seems pretty clueless about other teams.

He is. :eek:

Bourbon St Sooner
11/27/2007, 05:19 PM
Les is making excuses for why he had the most talented team in the country, with 26 seniors (recruited by Nick Saban), with a schedule set up for them (VaT, Fla, Aub and Arky at home), and a national title game in his backyard and he still managed to f it up.

85sooners
11/27/2007, 05:23 PM
f lester

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 05:24 PM
Les is making excuses for why he had the most talented team in the country, with 26 seniors (recruited by Nick Saban), with a schedule set up for them (VaT, Fla, Aub and Arky at home), and a national title game in his backyard and he still managed to f it up.

Damn good point! We are think we are upset with all these young guys going 10-2? Imagine if we had seniors all over the field and the national title game was in Oklahoma City this year?!?!

Miko
11/27/2007, 05:39 PM
Damn good point! We are think we are upset with all these young guys going 10-2? Imagine if we had seniors all over the field and the national title game was in Oklahoma City this year?!?!

You're right! Let's get the MNC game in the BC Clarks bowl in OKC when Bradford and DM are seniors!
:pop:

"Most bowls before New Year's, but ours is just after...."

meoveryouxinfinity
11/27/2007, 05:54 PM
You're right! Let's get the MNC game in the BC Clarks bowl in OKC when Bradford and DM are seniors!

"Most bowls before New Year's, but ours is just after...."
LOL you... are awesome.

RacerX
11/27/2007, 05:59 PM
It's Leslie.

KantoSooner
11/27/2007, 06:48 PM
I wonder what the reaction will be in Baton Rouge when the authorities finally decide that they've had their fun and cart Les off in a straight jacket?

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 07:00 PM
I don't care how tough it is for him. He should've lost to Auburn and Florida. They're lucky to have only lost 2 this year.
If Florida=Kentucky then I agree.

Widescreen
11/27/2007, 07:58 PM
:confused: They did lose to Kentucky.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 08:02 PM
If reading your post=misunderstanding it........then yes. :D

Charla
11/27/2007, 08:14 PM
You would think that seeing as they are getting rid of Lloyd Carr maybe he should stick around so Mich. could have a Car with les miles.

badger
11/27/2007, 09:09 PM
Lester, I love you so much I hate you even more :D

bluedogok
11/27/2007, 09:20 PM
I was listening to ESPN Radio on the way home from work and PTI was, Wilbon was busting his chops for this "logic". He was saying the tOSU alumni should be donating money to Michigan to get this guy.

TUSooner
11/27/2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, but they don't count because .... well, they just don't.
That is exactly the kind of logic that makes this board so great. :D

cheezyq
11/27/2007, 11:22 PM
I think Bob's quote responding to the MU players/coaches/media saying that they gave the game away applies here:

"In the end, the game is what it is. You can't erase it. And I love it that it's certain times everyone wants to focus on. I'm all about what time it is at the end of the game.”

This is what I love about Stoops. I'm glad he's our coach instead of these other windbags.

cheezyq
11/27/2007, 11:30 PM

Don't forget 'Bama, too. If you make as many stupid decisions as Leslie does, you're bound to lose, no matter how talented your team is or how long the game is.

ouwasp
11/28/2007, 12:19 AM
I generally ignore this buffoon. He's annoying like those Grape-Nuts commercials; deserving of a mute button.

Here's to Les going to another part of the country so we hear from him Less,

jdsooner
11/28/2007, 12:26 AM
"I'll play any sucker in this country."
Classic Miles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_XhSybFNs

MojoRisen
11/28/2007, 01:36 AM
You would think that seeing as they are getting rid of Lloyd Carr maybe he should stick around so Mich. could have a Car with les miles.

Some would say my heart is with Bush but my Bush is with Heart for President-

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2007, 03:03 AM
I find it hard to believe that anyone here, of all places, finds anything interesting or surprising about lester being an idiot and saying things that make as much sense as a llama wearing snow shoes and a turtleneck.