PDA

View Full Version : Stoops comments on MU "giving game away"

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 02:46 PM
"It depends on how you want to write your story or what your perspective is. I know with about 20 seconds to go in the game, you know what the score is, 41-24. We had our miscues, too. We gave them the ball a few times. We made our plays. In the end, the game is what it is. You can't erase it. And I love it that it's certain times everyone wants to focus on. I'm all about what time it is at the end of the game.”

jccouger
11/27/2007, 02:48 PM
Beautiful

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 02:50 PM
Said receiver Jeremy Maclin: "We let one slip away the last time we played Oklahoma. This time I think we'll be ready.”

Said cornerback Castine Bridges: "Ever since we lost, we came into the locker room and said that we need to see them again. Now it is happening, we get to play them again.”

Said quarterback Chase Daniel: "After we watched the film, we (saw we) gave the ballgame away in the fourth quarter. We were up 24-23, then self-destructed. We're a much more mature team now and we're ready.”

"Hopefully we can get in their way,” defensive coordinator Brent Venables said. "Hopefully we can luck out again.”

sooner518
11/27/2007, 02:52 PM
haha i love how sarcastic our coaching staff is

colleyvillesooner
11/27/2007, 02:52 PM
hello new sig.

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 02:54 PM
They are much more mature? Wow...maybe now Chase uses a Kleenex instead of his mouth for boogers.

And, sorry, Missouri...a little history on great teams...they find ways to WIN in the fourth quarter...not save all their blunders for that time!

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 02:56 PM
And, sorry, Missouri...a little history on great teams...they find ways to WIN in the fourth quarter...not save all their blunders for that time!sniff.........CU.........sniff:(

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 02:58 PM
sniff.........CU.........sniff:(

Yeah, I know...but we've won plenty...this is the first time in the lives of these Missouri players that the tiggers have even been on the national radar.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 03:00 PM
As far as being "mature" it seems to me the immature ones are always trying to convince someone they are mature.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 03:04 PM
MU's coaching staff is doing what they can to make the players believe they should win the game. They are just regurgitating the same rhetoric. It ought to be left in the locker room though.

It's hilarious when HS coaches convince their players that they will own the 4th quarter because they worked harder than the other team. Of course, in most cases, the coach on the other side is telling his team the same thing.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 03:06 PM
"If I hold up 4 fingers in the 4th quarter, coach says its ours!"

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 03:09 PM
If anything, I am glad this appears to have gotten under the skin of our coaches, much like Mack used to do during our 5 year win streak over them. I am glad they have the extra motivation to take it to Missouri now. Stoops works best, it seems, when he feels his greatness is under attack.

sanantoniosooner
11/27/2007, 03:14 PM
I think the spoiler role with work to our advantage.

SoonerBOI
11/27/2007, 04:02 PM
Let the media give all the hype to Mizzou. They are the hunted. We've been there so many times...

rondog79
11/27/2007, 04:58 PM
dear "miss"ou were sorry to inform you that the sooners are gonna put a sooner frusteration a$$ woopin on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ocsooner
11/27/2007, 05:00 PM
Love the way that Stoops says "you guys are freakin idiots." without saying any of those words.

KHS Sooner
11/27/2007, 05:07 PM
Chase Daniel: "After we watched the film, we (saw we) gave the ballgame away in the fourth quarter. We were up 24-23, then self-destructed. We're a much more mature team now and we're ready.”

You keep telling yourself that :)

TheUnnamedSooner
11/27/2007, 05:12 PM
I like Stoops' response when asked about playing away from home. It was something to the effect of "Well, I hope our quarterback doesn't have to make a tackle on the first play of the game". That was pretty funny.

85sooners
11/27/2007, 05:15 PM
lol

MichiganSooner
11/27/2007, 05:52 PM
Said receiver Jeremy Maclin: "We let one slip away the last time we played Oklahoma. This time I think we'll be ready.”

Said cornerback Castine Bridges: "Ever since we lost, we came into the locker room and said that we need to see them again. Now it is happening, we get to play them again.”

Said quarterback Chase Daniel: "After we watched the film, we (saw we) gave the ballgame away in the fourth quarter. We were up 24-23, then self-destructed. We're a much more mature team now and we're ready.”

"Hopefully we can get in their way,” defensive coordinator Brent Venables said. "Hopefully we can luck out again.”

This reminds me of the Big 12 Champ game we had against Colorado a few years ago. Their coach wanted to get us again but on a neutral field. Stoops said something like "I thought second chances were in golf--what do they call them? A Mulligan? I didn't know second chances came in football."

KantoSooner
11/27/2007, 07:12 PM
Nice to see that Venables seems to be annoyed. The game must be played with sportsmanship, but also with a certain degree of hate.

Charla
11/27/2007, 08:43 PM
I like that the "Missouri Mulligans" sounds good.

bluedogok
11/27/2007, 09:36 PM
"If I hold up 4 fingers in the 4th quarter, coach says its ours!"
That is one of the stupidest "traditions"

yoseph
11/27/2007, 09:43 PM
all this talk from mizzou is great because its pumping our guys upp...and tv always say oklahoma chokes in the big game...now is there time....then again i thought that last year vs. B.S. u

Soonerus
11/27/2007, 09:49 PM
I think the spoiler role with work to our advantage.

I totally agree...(darn...what did I just say....)

OU-HSV
11/27/2007, 09:50 PM
hello new sig.
Beat me to it.

This game is going to be fun, I like the fact our coaches are a little p*ssed about some things that Mizzou is saying...but they won't waste to much energy on it, they never do. Hopefully we save all that energy up for the game and whoop their azzes

douxpaysan
11/27/2007, 10:07 PM
I can't think of any bowl scenario that we will be involved in this season that can be this good. We are playing the number one ranked team, a team that seems a tad insecure, and they are standing in the way of OUr championship. I hope that is a good omen. :hot:

FirstandGoal
11/27/2007, 11:18 PM
**** missouri

goingoneight
11/27/2007, 11:32 PM
This commentary will be a lot more fun if we win it on Saturday. I like OUr chances, but I still have an eerie feeling about this season.

Also could be said that DeMarco saved OUr azzes with that little dump-off that went to the goal line.

That said, I think using AP the way he's meant to be used (more than 10 times a game) is going to be a benefactor for OU, in that he'll be able to get into a rhythm and not be nervous about DeMarco or Chris showing him up.

I just wish English was up to par for the game... he was a major benefactor last time around, too.

OKC-SLC
11/27/2007, 11:41 PM
Here in Kansas City, one of the douchbagg sports talk radio hosts yesterday actually said: (I'm only partially paraphrasing)

"Let's see, we turned the ball over 4 times and lost by ten. And who did OU lose to? Colorado? Tech? Hmmph, I don't want to say it's in the bag, but..."

blackbeauty02
11/27/2007, 11:41 PM
didn't osu give the game away too? I mean honestly we didn't beat a single team this year. Hell I even think Baylor and Tulsa were holding out on us

OU-HSV
11/27/2007, 11:48 PM
Here in Kansas City, one of the douchbagg sports talk radio hosts yesterday actually said: (I'm only partially paraphrasing)

"Let's see, we turned the ball over 4 times and lost by ten. And who did OU lose to? Colorado? Tech? Hmmph, I don't want to say it's in the bag, but..."
Wow. What a freakin idiot

OKC-SLC
11/27/2007, 11:48 PM
I just wish English was up to par for the game... he was a major benefactor last time around, too.
I believe this to be the biggest issue. He was all over Daniel the first time around. If he doesn't play or doesn't play near his potential, I think this hurts us more than anything.

I'd rather play them at night in Columbia with English than in San Antonio without him.

OKC-SLC
11/27/2007, 11:55 PM
I just saw the clip of Bob at the press conference on the local news.

He basically said what STEP said. But my favorite was the last line:

"If that's giving the game away, we'll take it every time".

Go Bob.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2007, 12:01 AM
I just saw the clip of Bob at the press conference on the local news.

He basically said what STEP said. But my favorite was the last line:

"If that's giving the game away, we'll take it every time".

Go Bob.

You cant beat the Bob Stoops delivery

OU-HSV
11/28/2007, 12:03 AM
I gotta find a copy of that presser on line. I'd like to see it.

OKC-SLC
11/28/2007, 12:04 AM
Word.

OU-HSV
11/28/2007, 12:05 AM
That didn't take long, found it on soonersports.com

AlabamaSooner
11/28/2007, 12:08 AM

I love how turnovers apparently don't mean anything now. "Ehhh, let's just disregard them and go from there." It's a part of the game.

OKC-SLC
11/28/2007, 12:11 AM
http://newsok.com/article/3174119/1196200770

NORMAN — Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops isn’t paying any attention to the claims that the Sooners were handed a gift-wrapped victory by the Missouri Tigers on Oct. 13 in Norman.

Stoops is more concerned about the mistakes his team made that could have been costly as he prepares his team for a rematch with Missouri Saturday night at 7 in the Big 12 Championship game in San Antonio.

“I guess it’s just perspective in how you want to put it,” Stoops said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. “I know I’m not pleased with our giveaways (in that game).

“I guess it’s convenient to look at your miscues and not look at the other miscues. We had many miscues that I’m not pleased with.”

In the first meeting, a 41-31 OU win, the Sooners fumbled the ball away on their first offensive snap, setting up Missouri at the OU 38. Then the Sooners fumbled a kickoff return in the third quarter that gave the Tigers the ball at OU’s 46. Both turnovers led to Mizzou touchdowns.

Some Missouri players have contended this week that their turnovers gave OU the victory.

“If they (say) they gave them to us, I think the first interception, we’ve got a blitz on and he throws it right down the middle and D.J. Wolfe steps in front of it and intercepts it,” Stoops said. “That’s a pretty good play when you’ve got pressure on. In the fourth quarter, Auston English tips a ball to Nic Harris.

That’s forced when you tip it.

“You can spin it however you want. I know this, when we’re kicking off with 2:20 to go in the game, we’re up three possessions.

“If that’s giving it to us, I’ll take it every time.”

MojoRisen
11/28/2007, 12:18 AM
That is the way to burst thier bubble BOB! That is like a girlfriend leaving you for a guy she can dictate too but when the big question comes up - who was better in bed- she hesitates to fumble for an answer -

Stoop Dawg
11/28/2007, 12:19 AM
I think The King's quote at KSU is applicable here too:

"That was a nice run ya'll had."

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/28/2007, 12:34 AM

That's what I'm counting on when I have his baby...

oh wait, that was just a dream I had. :O

stoops the eternal pimp
11/28/2007, 12:39 AM
That's what I'm counting on when I have his baby...

oh wait, that was just a dream I had. :O

I had that same dream..just dont know where the baby would come out

OU-HSV
11/28/2007, 12:51 AM
I just watched the whole presser. Good stuff.

A Sooner in Texas
11/28/2007, 01:00 AM
"Dear Missou,

Please STFU.

Sincerely,

Bob Stoops"

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2007, 01:16 AM
http://newsok.com/article/3174119/1196200770

NORMAN — Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops isn’t paying any attention to the claims that the Sooners were handed a gift-wrapped victory by the Missouri Tigers on Oct. 13 in Norman.

Stoops is more concerned about the mistakes his team made that could have been costly as he prepares his team for a rematch with Missouri Saturday night at 7 in the Big 12 Championship game in San Antonio.

“I guess it’s just perspective in how you want to put it,” Stoops said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. “I know I’m not pleased with our giveaways (in that game).

“I guess it’s convenient to look at your miscues and not look at the other miscues. We had many miscues that I’m not pleased with.”

In the first meeting, a 41-31 OU win, the Sooners fumbled the ball away on their first offensive snap, setting up Missouri at the OU 38. Then the Sooners fumbled a kickoff return in the third quarter that gave the Tigers the ball at OU’s 46. Both turnovers led to Mizzou touchdowns.

Some Missouri players have contended this week that their turnovers gave OU the victory.

“If they (say) they gave them to us, I think the first interception, we’ve got a blitz on and he throws it right down the middle and D.J. Wolfe steps in front of it and intercepts it,” Stoops said. “That’s a pretty good play when you’ve got pressure on. In the fourth quarter, Auston English tips a ball to Nic Harris.

That’s forced when you tip it.

“You can spin it however you want. I know this, when we’re kicking off with 2:20 to go in the game, we’re up three possessions.

“If that’s giving it to us, I’ll take it every time.”

Yeah I was at that game and I say.. "Talk is cheap.. let's rock again Tigers".

MyT Oklahoma
11/28/2007, 01:18 AM
"Dear Missou,

Please STFU.

Sincerely,

Bob Stoops"

Or maybe perhaps........

Dear Mizzou:

F*** you. Stern letter to follow.

Very Truly Yours,

The Sooners

Boomerfreakinsooner
11/28/2007, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=The Maestro]They are much more mature? Wow...maybe now Chase uses a Kleenex instead of his mouth for boogers.

Tears, I actually have real tears from laughing so much at that.

Crucifax Autumn
11/28/2007, 02:51 AM
Man...I felt the same way and sent him some spek for that one! Maybe we should all take up a "feed chase" campaign and send him our "contributions"!

jwlynn64
11/28/2007, 08:39 AM
Now that's just sick. Don't look to me when you're deciding who does the collection! :eek:

goingoneight
11/28/2007, 09:38 PM
Stoops and the coaching staff are not taking this personally, folks. I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but he complimented Pinkel and said he feels Chase Daniel is the best player in the country.

He did, however, own the sports writer who asked him about the first meeting with Mizzou.

illinisooner
11/28/2007, 10:02 PM
Where's Jim Mora when you need him? "We gave 'em the friggin game!" Seriously though, I think Stoops is just tired of hearing the "we're a different team now" talk, and I cannot blame him.

toneful
11/28/2007, 10:26 PM

gee, i guess we could have said the same about the CU game, but we didn't! We owned up to it.

MextheBulldog
11/28/2007, 10:49 PM
Stoops is right. A win is a win, especially this year.

BuckyB
11/28/2007, 11:07 PM
Stoops is a whole man of person.

sanantoniosooner
11/28/2007, 11:09 PM
Stoops is a whole man of person.
This is a whole post of words.

birddog
11/28/2007, 11:22 PM
and stoops also has a whole hole of a butthole.

OU-HSV
11/28/2007, 11:24 PM
and stoops also has a whole hole of a butthole.
Reading that post....and looking at your "location" under your avatar....:eek: