PDA

View Full Version : Pinkel talks about rematch with OU

OUmillenium
11/27/2007, 01:28 PM
It's on rivals but I do not subscribe.

Can any subscriber cut and paste it for us plzthnx?

85sooners
11/27/2007, 02:41 PM
:pop:

lithium
11/27/2007, 03:37 PM
Is he still talking? :pop:

sooner45
11/27/2007, 04:23 PM
Man this must be a good one! Is he ranting or something?? :pop:

sooneron
11/27/2007, 04:33 PM
WELL, WE'RE WAITING!!!

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/880/smailswaitingpv1.jpg

stoopified
11/27/2007, 04:36 PM
ZZZZZZ,HUH,what?

Civicus_Sooner
11/27/2007, 04:49 PM
Pinkel Stinkle

OUmillenium
11/29/2007, 11:53 AM
ARTICLE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badger
11/29/2007, 11:55 AM
subscribe, fools.
On preparing for the Big 12 Championship game against Oklahoma:
"We're excited about playing in the Big 12 Championship game in San Antonio. It's certainly a goal that we had. I'm very proud of my football team for how they played against a very good Kansas football team. For us, it's just going to be like game week, we're not doing anything different than we normally do. We'll go down Friday afternoon and just lock in the way that we prepare for every game. That's one thing we're really trying to do is to make sure we get those things done in terms of our preparation being real consistent."

On Oklahoma:
"Oklahoma's a great football team. Obviously they beat us at their place in Norman about seven weeks ago or so. I have tremendous respect for Bob Stoops, he's one of the great coaches in the country and I have tremendous respect for their team. Obviously, they've been in this situation before. They've been in Big 12 Championship games, they've been in National Championship games, without question, from the experience standpoint, their football team and program have that over us."

On Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford:
"Sam Bradford I think is a great player. For a redshirt freshman to be playing like he's playing, I know he got dinged up a little bit at Texas Tech, but certainly for a guy to be able to play like he's playing, he had a great game against us the last time we played. He has great receivers. He's got a great offensive line intact and they're a very potent offensive football team. From a defensive standpoint, they're typical Oklahoma. They run well, they hit, they have great athletes and they are well coached. That will be our challenge, we're excited about this great opportunity and we'll get going tomorrow morning. Our staff, as always, is game planning now and our players will start with the 7 a.m. meeting tomorrow morning."

On not letting the No. 1 ranking distract them:
"I told them what I told them the week before, the week before and the week before. It would be wise to focus on the task at hand and focus on our preparation. I know that's redundant and boring, but that's how we have an opportunity to play our best game and that's all I'm looking for, is for us to try to play our best game of the year when we play Oklahoma."

On the No. 1 ranking and the reactions toward it:
"There's a sense of pride, there's no question about it. I'm very pleased for my staff and very pleased and happy for my players because they've worked hard. Obviously also for the fans and the players that have played here over the years and the loyal fans and the alumni. That being said, you really don't have that much time to think about that stuff because we're playing a great football team. I thought about it for about a minute-and-a-half and then you move on."

On the team reacting to the loss to Oklahoma early in the season and seeing it as a positive:
"I think first of all, that starts out with the respect our players have for Oklahoma. That's number one. Number two is that we competed at their place and I think they've won every game in there in forever, it seems like. We had a lead going into fourth quarter, we made some mistakes, they created some mistakes, so that's how you look at it. I think our team at that time said, `Hey, we can be pretty good. If we keep getting better, we might have a chance at this.'"

85sooners
11/29/2007, 11:56 AM
ahhh f it!!

badger
11/29/2007, 11:59 AM
...i actually do not subscribe. NP just stays signed into it on this computer :D

OUmillenium
12/4/2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for posting Badger.

And thanks for the neg spek whoever is too much of a poosy to sign it!

You're lucky you have the law to protect you!