PDA

View Full Version : Its Kind of Nice for a Change...

tru2ou
11/27/2007, 12:41 PM
being the hunter instead of the hunted. Dont get me wrong, I would love to be one game away from playing for the national title right now. But since 2000, OU has been the red letter game on everyone's schedule. We were the big boys and everyone wanted to knock us off.

Now, we're getting to play a team that has all the pressure on them to win the game. Missouri is getting all the media hype. The players are doing interviews and celebrating a big win over their arch rival the last week of the season.

Lets just assume that MU took Sunday off to celebrate their big win. They get back to work on Monday and practice until Thursday when they have to leave for San Antonio. They get very little done on Friday due to the number of media requests and interviews. That means they have 3 days of true practice time for this game.

Meanwhile, our players are chomping at the bit to get to a BCS game and knock off the #1 team in the nation. They know they've already beaten this team once but no one pays any attention to that game and blames the result on turnovers...more motivation.

I truly believe if OU comes out and plays power football like they did against OSU, they have an excellent chance to win this game. They will pass a few times to change things up but the issue is whether or not they can puch MU in th mouth and how much they will fight in a game like this one.

Having played in these games the past few years, I truly believe the Sooners will not have any nerves and they will want to come out and prove a point. Proving that point gets them to their second and thrid goals of the season, winning a Big 12 title and going to a BCS bowl game.

I respect the Tigers but I also believe the Sooners will come out fighting.

- Tru

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2007, 01:39 PM
It will also be nice to have most the nation pulling for OU for a change. tOSU and Illini fans for sure as well neutral fans and others who just want BCS chaos.

I have to disagree about the power football though. After 12 games, you do what you do best and take advantage of the match-ups. I hope the running game works well, but it this ain't Okie lite and an attitude of "here comes the run and you can't stop us" won't fly. But fear not - with Sam back, an attitude of "here comes the pass and you can't stop us" will work and toss in a little "and we can burn you with the run too" should be effective.

85sooners
11/27/2007, 02:38 PM
lets kill them!!