PDA

View Full Version : LSU Coaching Rumors

JaminT
11/27/2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.pigskinfootballguys.com/PigSkins/post/2007/11/Breaking-News-First-reported-by-Pigskin-Football-Guys.aspx

1. Bo Pelini - hired as Nebraska's new football coach and will be announced either this afternoon or tomorrow. Will not coach in the SEC Championship game.

2. Jon Tenuta, GA Tech's D Coordinator will be hired as LSU's new Defensive Coordinator making somewhere around $600,000 a year.

3. Les Miles - Has accepted the Michigan head coaching job and will announce this sometime Sunday or Monday after the SEC Championship game.

4. LSU is in talks with Steve Spurrier about their upcoming head coaching vacancy

swardboy
11/27/2007, 12:37 PM
If it were true, I wouldn't want to be the guy who tells Spurrier, "Oh, and we already got ya a D-coordinator."

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 12:38 PM
Wow...those are good rumors. Spurrier to LSU is a mistake...on LSU's part. His best days are behind him. And how many freaking SEC teams can one guy coach?

85sooners
11/27/2007, 12:40 PM
fools

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 12:41 PM
Not that it is about LSU, but I did hear an interesting idea from cfn.com...saying Nebraska should look at Barry Alvarez...not sure he would want to, but I think that is probably a good idea to consider.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/27/2007, 12:41 PM
I don't know why you would hire a D coordinator if you knew your head coach was leaving.

JaminT
11/27/2007, 01:03 PM
Didn't the cowboys do this a couple years back

(hire the d coordinator before the HC)

TheUnnamedSooner
11/27/2007, 01:07 PM
Didn't the cowboys do this a couple years back

(hire the d coordinator before the HC)

I assume you're talking about Dallas. And yes, they did it this year before they hired Wade, they hired Jason Garrett as OC.

RacerX
11/27/2007, 01:39 PM
another rumor is Butch Davis to either LSU or Ark

stoops the eternal pimp
11/27/2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.pigskinfootballguys.com/PigSkins/post/2007/11/Breaking-News-First-reported-by-Pigskin-Football-Guys.aspx

2. Jon Tenuta, GA Tech's D Coordinator will be hired as LSU's new Defensive Coordinator making somewhere around $600,000 a year.

Is that Judy's brother?

soonerinabilene
11/27/2007, 01:45 PM
Not that it is about LSU, but I did hear an interesting idea from cfn.com...saying Nebraska should look at Barry Alvarez...not sure he would want to, but I think that is probably a good idea to consider.

Barry has actually already said he has no interest in coaching anywhere else, ever. He has his dream job as AD at wisconsin, and is living like a king right now. He would be a very good fit at Nebraska, though.

Seamus
11/27/2007, 02:01 PM
Wow...those are good rumors. Spurrier to LSU is a mistake...on LSU's part. His best days are behind him. And how many freaking SEC teams can one guy coach?

Dunno ... they beat Georgia and Kentucky, lost to Tennessee in OT, and gave LSU a pretty good game at Death Valley. That's not an uber-talented team, as it's not all that easy to recruit to South Carolina with all the powers nearby. So I'm guessing good coaching got what talent was there to overachieve.

sooner_born_1960
11/27/2007, 02:03 PM
Unless Spurrier has accepted the position and hired a DC, I'd suspect the whole list.

OklahomaTuba
11/27/2007, 02:08 PM
Bo better not go just yet. He could have LSU all lined up for him in a few days.

BudSooner
11/27/2007, 02:28 PM
Don't forget about the UW job either, seems to me that Bo might be better served playing in a conference that doesn't have so many dogs fighting for the same scraps in either the SEC or BigXII.

Pac 10?

MextheBulldog
11/27/2007, 02:37 PM
Michigan is keeping awful quiet lately. Deal in place?

TheUnnamedSooner
11/27/2007, 03:27 PM
Michigan is keeping awful quiet lately. Deal in place?

What are they supposed to be doing? Jumping around screaming? I'm sure they are waiting until after this weekend to interview some.

TopDawg
11/27/2007, 03:28 PM
They've already interviewed their OC and DC.

mdklatt
11/27/2007, 04:27 PM
What are they supposed to be doing? Jumping around screaming?

If they're going to hire Lester they'd better get used to jumping and screaming.

:les:

bluesmagoo
11/27/2007, 08:55 PM
I thought the new HC would make those decisions regarding OC and DC. Just so Les is gone, we can always beat Michigan, no matter who coaches them.

bluedogok
11/27/2007, 09:27 PM
I think TopDawg is saying they gave cursory interviews of their current OC and DC for the head coach position.

yoseph
11/27/2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by The MAestro

ur %100 right.....when was the last time he won 10 games....and all these excuses about close games?....they still lost!

TUSooner
11/27/2007, 09:57 PM
Does that pigskin guy have any kind of track record that would make him more reliable than say, the average wiener-blossom that posts on here?

AlabamaSooner
11/27/2007, 11:49 PM
Dunno ... they beat Georgia and Kentucky, lost to Tennessee in OT, and gave LSU a pretty good game at Death Valley. That's not an uber-talented team, as it's not all that easy to recruit to South Carolina with all the powers nearby. So I'm guessing good coaching got what talent was there to overachieve.

South Carolina is currently on a 5 game losing streak.

MextheBulldog
11/28/2007, 12:34 PM
What are they supposed to be doing? Jumping around screaming? I'm sure they are waiting until after this weekend to interview some.

It's the #1 open job out there. You would expect to hear more buzz if the position was wide open. Just sayin' - leads me to believe there is something in place. They have already talked to several candidates via agents - its been ongoing since the middle of the year when they figured Carr was not coming back.

Desert Sapper
11/28/2007, 12:38 PM
I would be a little surprised if Les didn't at least entertain the Michigan deal. He apparently wouldn't shut up about Schembechler when he was at Colorado. I'm sure he still considers Big Blue as his dream job. And he wouldn't have to beat SEC teams to win his conference. Just Ohio State.

Sooner47
11/28/2007, 01:34 PM

1. Bo Pelini - hired as Nebraska's new football coach and will be announced either this afternoon or tomorrow. Will not coach in the SEC Championship game.

3. Les Miles - Has accepted the Michigan head coaching job and will announce this sometime Sunday or Monday after the SEC Championship game.

4. LSU is in talks with Steve Spurrier about their upcoming head coaching vacancy

Why would Steve Spurrier go slumming at this stage in his career?