PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Victory - San Antonio

Funky G
11/27/2007, 11:16 AM
- Show up! Play with emotion on the road for once. Imagine they are wearing Burnt Orange.
- Hold on to the ball - thier offense does not need extra, easy opportunities.
- Bend but don't break - again, their offense is potent. Limit it, and make them earn every yard. Punish their receivers.
- Pressure - This goes to the offense as well as the defense. On defense, getting to the passer is an obvious thing that needs to happen. But, on offense, scoring and long drives will pressure them out of their rythm.
- Hands up! Bat the balls down. Daniels has a slight height disadvantage. Get your hands up if you aren't at the QB!
- Create turnovers.
- Keep an eye on Macklin - Reggie and DJ - here is your moment.
- Whip *** blocking on runs. Best OL in the country? Time to prove it.
- Wilson - call a rythmic, somewhat unpredictable game. Keep them on their toes - be creative. This game is for the Big 12 title - work for it.
- Fans: Drink, yell, and be nice to the Mizzou folks. This is their time, and it will hurt to lose. Don't rub it in, act like ya been there before.

Pretty obvious stuff, but I got fired up!

sooner-n-ga
11/27/2007, 11:21 AM
"have more points than them when it is all said and done"

Funky G
11/27/2007, 11:23 AM
"have more points than them when it is all said and done"

You are right - the team that scores more points should win...:rolleyes:

GoTigers
11/27/2007, 11:24 AM
Daniel, Maclin.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/27/2007, 11:32 AM
The main key here is keep there Offense off the field... and how do we do that run the ball very well.
Moreover, create turnovers Mizzu as not had any turnovers in the month of November.. Time to change all that.
I think special teams needs to step up with Macklin on kicks and punt coverage.
OU as seen this offense once and some version of it with osu and tt... by now they should be comfortable..
Funky G.. said Wilson needs to be creative I agree do not rely on what has worked mix it up keep it 2nd and short and 3rd and short....
Bend the on slot of a team that has so much to gain... bend dont break Mizzu is going to come out so strong and lay it on the line OU need to ride the wave and play all 4Q to win this one...

1890MilesToNorman
11/27/2007, 11:45 AM
I was thinking about how important Chase is to Missou? Is he as important as Dixon was to Oregon? or Bradford was to OU in the Tech game? I think so.

Pressure Chase, hurry him, contain him, hit him hard and confuse him so he throws the ball to our guys. I am NOT saying hurt him as K-State might do but take him out of the game with pressure, hits and confusion. Our D has their work cut out for them but I think they are up to the challenge.

GO SOONERS!

astro5169
11/27/2007, 11:48 AM
Oregon is supplying the refs for San Antomnio 3blindmice.com

TuffTiger
11/27/2007, 11:52 AM
This looks like an good OU board. I" m just told to make a test fisrt, so I will.

TuffTiger
Columbia,MU.

westcoast_sooner
11/27/2007, 11:52 AM
Nice post Funky. I'm hoping for a dominating win, completely one-sided, in OUr favor, of course.

The Maestro
11/27/2007, 11:55 AM
I saw that Gameday is going to be there for the rematch. I am not one of these people that think who Lee or Kirk picks effects the outcome, but it will be interesting to see who Lee picks cause I have noticed he is all about loving the team he last saw win a game. After we beat Missouri, he said we were the best team in the country. Now he has seen Missouri win last week...I bet he loves him some tiggers this week...which means he can once again punch my "give a $hit" card.

Funky G
11/27/2007, 11:55 AM
The main key here is keep there Offense off the field... and how do we do that run the ball very well.
Moreover, create turnovers Mizzu as not had any turnovers in the month of November.. Time to change all that.
I think special teams needs to step up with Macklin on kicks and punt coverage.
OU as seen this offense once and some version of it with osu and tt... by now they should be comfortable..
Funky G.. said Wilson needs to be creative I agree do not rely on what has worked mix it up keep it 2nd and short and 3rd and short....
Bend the on slot of a team that has so much to gain... bend dont break Mizzu is going to come out so strong and lay it on the line OU need to ride the wave and play all 4Q to win this one...

You are now stealing my quotes?