PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/27/2007, 11:15 AM
I did a forum search and it returned nothing, so Im sure there is a thread about mass effect already...always happens to me.

Anyway, anyone else playing Mass Effect? Thoughts?

I picked it up last night, and quickly lost 4 hours of my life. I have been anticipating it for about 6 months now, and it definately lived up to my expectations, if not surpassed.

I WAS planning on enjoying the holidays with the family, but now it looks like I will be tied up for the next few weeks...

achiro
11/27/2007, 11:22 AM
I've talked to guys who love it and guys who don't. I will probably pick it up at some point but Assassin's Creed is first on my list to buy right now, that game looks incredible.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2007, 11:44 AM
That game looks good. Sadly, I found out during the Halo's that I get nauseated after playing for a while. Sux....and this is after 20 years in the Navy!

My FPS days may be over. Good thing there is Company of Heroes.

:(

rufnek05
11/27/2007, 11:47 AM
I've been playing Assassin's Creed too much. What system are you playing it on?

achiro
11/27/2007, 11:51 AM
I've been playing Assassin's Creed too much. What system are you playing it on?
I haven't bought AC yet, too busy on COD4 Modern Warfare. COD4 rawks and seriously may be one of the best I've ever played. The campaign and the online stuff are both greatness.

rufnek05
11/27/2007, 12:00 PM
AC is wicked awesome. the story line gets kind of stupid. but the game play is great. I played COD4 on my roommates PS3, It was awesome but I havn't played it online yet.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/27/2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I played some COD4 last weekend, awesome game. My brother has it so I will probably get it after he is done with it. He also has Kane and Lynch which I currently have since he is tied up with COD4...Kane and Lynch is ok, nothing worth buying. Its kinda like Max Payne without the slow-mo action...just so-so gameplay.

Assasins Creed looks really good, I will probably rent it after Im bored with Mass Effect.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2007, 12:59 PM
PS3 or XBox360 overall?

TIA

achiro
11/27/2007, 01:46 PM
PS3 or XBox360 overall?

TIA
Really kind of depends on the games you want to play. Many labels are formateted to all consoles but others(Halo, SOCOM) are only made for one or the other. 360 is for me and right now there are NO PS3 games out worth jumping over. The only reason at this point that I would consider a PS3 is for the blue ray but I'm not in the market for a blue ray yet.
(on a side note, I've heard people complain about the "add on" HD-dvd drive for the 360 instead of just making it internal. I think that was a pretty good idea tough because if the HD-dvd format loses, they can just make an add on blue ray player instead)

rufnek05
11/27/2007, 01:49 PM
PS3 or XBox360 overall?

TIA

360 for me as well. more games that I like. and MUCH better online play. The PS3 does have the Blu-Ray, But who know which is going to go the distance HD or Blu-Ray

achiro
11/27/2007, 03:27 PM
"formateted"
heh! to much video gameplay will rot your brain! :D