PDA

View Full Version : Great post over at OUinsider

Widescreen
11/27/2007, 12:10 AM
Mizzou did not lose that game because of "one bad quarter". OU led 17-10 at the half, 7 MU pts after an OU fumble on OU first play gave them the ball on the OU 38 REMEMBER?. OU got 3 after an INT. OU also had a 12 play 64 yd TD drive and a 7 play 86 yd drive for a TD. Mizzou drove 85 yds before the half but was forced to settle for an FG. OU WON THE FIRST HALF.

3rd Q OU drives 56 yds after an INT and scores - 23-10, then MU drives 56 ydsand scores, 23-17. OU FUMBLED the ensuing kickoff and MU got its only lead of the night, 24-23 after a 44 yd drive. Mizzou had the lead for 3:55.

What happened after this? OU took the kickoff and scored after a 12 play drive 12 play drive. Chris Brown ran 3 straight times to finish the drive and score. Now it's 29-24 and the 4th Q has 12 min left. Mizzou's D could not stop OU from driving the ball down the field.

NOW Mizzou gives OU one "gift" TD, a fumble that we take in for a TD.

But Missouri does get the ball back trailing only 35-24 with 11:40 left. So what happens? Does Mizzou drive the field? No. Does MU turn the ball over? NO. MU keeps the ball for 3:08, makes ONE first down and has to punt. OU STOPPED MU when it counted. No turnovers here, just OU stopping your offense.

Now OU gets the ball on the OU 11 and plays very conservatively with an 11 pt lead. OU runs 4:14 off the clock, 30 yds in 6 plays, then punts with 4:15 left. Mizzou's ball on their own 10.

Please try to tell me that OU's D had nothing to do with the INT on the next play! English SACKED Daniel for a 5 yd loss. On the next play he is chased and throws an INT under GREAT pressure from the OU D. But there's STILL 4:10 left and OU has the ball on the Mizzou 24. Can MU play defense? If they can, it's not over!!! Sorry, OU hands it off to the SAME guy 3 straight times and he runs it in for a TD from the 17. NOW its 41-24 and there's 2:39 left. Daniel goe 8/8 and drives 80 yards on OU's "prevent" D to score with 12 SECONDS left. 41-31. This was Daniel's only TD pass.

OU BEAT MISSOURI. OU FORCED MISSOURI TURNOVERS. MISSOURI COULD NOT STOP OU WHEN IT COUNTED.

OU's O-Line smashed MU in the mouth in the 4th quarter. OU's D chased Chase around the field a good part of the game.

I am SICK of MU whining that they "gave" OU the game. MU made ONE unforced fumble that gave OU ONE TD. That's it.

Chase Daniel played a very good game despite the pressure from OU. Take away the last dive and he was 29/39 for 291 yards, 2 ints, 1 fumble, 3 sacks. Braadford was 24/34 for 266 and 2 TDs.

Get this staright, no matter what happens next week, #6 OU beat #11 Missouri on Oct 13. It was not a gift.

Suck it, Missouri.

SoonerDood
11/27/2007, 12:14 AM
The Idiot Board gets it right!

SOONERnTx
11/27/2007, 12:16 AM
yeah, suck it hard!

TexasEx4OU
11/27/2007, 12:21 AM
Hell, he doesn't even mention the fact that missed PATs contributed to Mizzou's now infamous 4th Quarter lead.

insuranceman_22
11/27/2007, 12:23 AM
Tis correct....the truth has been posted.....thanks!

SoonerKnight
11/27/2007, 12:33 AM
Mizzery still sucks must be the reason they have never won a national title!!!

goingoneight
11/27/2007, 12:40 AM
I'll believe we win it when we win it. This season, this team on the road, Mizzou finally got their star players healthy, we're missing Homerun DeMarco and Stone Cold Auston English... yeah... I'm just going to can it until Saturday.

Widescreen
11/27/2007, 12:45 AM
I'll believe we win it when we win it. This season, this team on the road, Mizzou finally got their star players healthy, we're missing Homerun DeMarco and Stone Cold Auston English... yeah... I'm just going to can it until Saturday.
This thread isn't about Saturday. It's about what happened in October and the nonsense that's being spewed about it from our 'friends' to the northeast.

goingoneight
11/27/2007, 12:49 AM
Hey, I'd like it if we made them pay like we made ol' Gary Barnett bow down twice in 2002 after his spewing of nonsense... but I don't know that OUr road version wins that October matchup.

proudsoonergal
11/27/2007, 01:17 AM
Hey, I'd like it if we made them pay like we made ol' Gary Barnett bow down twice in 2002 after his spewing of nonsense... but I don't know that OUr road version wins that October matchup.

Fortunately we are not playing at Missouri in October. We are playing in San Antonio in December.

GO SOONERS!!!!

:pop:

cheezyq
11/27/2007, 09:47 AM
This thread isn't about Saturday. It's about what happened in October and the nonsense that's being spewed about it from our 'friends' to the northeast.

Ok, so I live in KC. I have nothing personal against the Tigers. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I like them, in spite of Pinkel (who is arrogant and not as smart as he pretends he is) and the booger eater.

But this media up here is just plain delusional. They're saying stuff like, "the only reason that they're getting any love from the national media is the OU on the side of their helmets", and "Oklahoma won because they owned the 4th quarter", and "If Mizzou had Tony Temple, they would have won", and "Texas Tech put up tons of points on OU and we will do the same".

I hope we make a statement and blow them out of the stadium.

TUSooner
11/27/2007, 09:56 AM
That's all good; I like it. But it won't mean a thing if we don't drop the hammer on them in San Antonio.

85sooners
11/27/2007, 10:05 AM
f em