PDA

View Full Version : Steve Spurrier to

sooner-n-ga
11/26/2007, 09:33 PM
Georgia Tech is what I'm hearing here in Georgia. He hasn't forgot that South Carolina told him a few recruits would qualify and then the school changed course late in the process.

SOONER STEAKER
11/26/2007, 09:35 PM
That would be: Steve Spurrier JR, right?

hink4769
11/26/2007, 10:17 PM
I think thats probably just a rumor, but it wouldn't be a bad move for spurrier. The ACC has stunk for awhile now and he could dominate in a short amount of time. I would imagine he would enjoy beating the crap out of bobby bowden in the few years he has left too.

bluedogok
11/26/2007, 11:51 PM
Well....GT has higher standards than SCar, that might not work as well for him.

kevpks
11/27/2007, 12:01 AM
I am a little surprised the GT job came open. I guess a win over Notre Dame doesn't have quite the mileage for a coach that it used to.

bluedogok
11/27/2007, 12:13 AM
It's all that losing to UGA that does a GT coach in.......

yoseph
11/27/2007, 12:28 AM
its proven that he cant win anymore! when was the last time he had a 10 win season...in the pros or college?

Sooner in Tampa
11/27/2007, 06:55 AM
its proven that he cant win anymore! when was the last time he had a 10 win season...in the pros or college?You do realize that he is in SOUTH CAROLINA...right???
I mean recruiting is tough, they play in the SEC, and they have been a step child forever. I damn sure won't say for sure that he can't win. I honestly believe if you give him time...he will do just fine.

SoonerTerry
11/27/2007, 07:11 AM
I remember he almost, and I mean came VERY close to beating last years MNC team...

just sayin

badger
11/27/2007, 10:09 AM
Spurrier has raised expectations in Cocky Land. It's ridiculous there now, with the fans booing them after losing and such, just because at one point, they were a top ten team (but then again, this year, everyone took a turn at being a top ten team... well, except Oklahoma State).

Spurrier, despite being able to golf at Augusta anytime he wants, has a few chips at **** Island:

1- The Confederate Flag: He said he hates that fans wave it on national television, but alas, they'll do it anyway, so feeling angry and helpless in that situation, will want to leave.

2- The admissions standards: The players are good enough by NCAA rules, but not good enough by other-USC standards. As such, his recruiting is hurt and promises he's made to kids he can't keep, so feeling angry and helpless in that situation, will want to leave.

Really, Cockiness-U hasn't appreciated him as much as they should. They used to suck hardcore, but now actually get mentioned in the national media! Plus, they're ruining the rep he's giving them - College Gameday gets treated like garbage, so they don't want to return, the flag thing, the recruiting thing... it will all equal Spurrier eventually leaving and telling all potential coaching candidates to STAY AWAY.

...and they'll listen, because he's Steve Spurrier.

TUSooner
11/27/2007, 10:42 AM
Radio talkers in NOLA have speculated that he'd cme to LSU if Les goes north. Just sayin... I hate to see LSU get any coach that might be great :D

sooner-n-ga
11/27/2007, 11:01 AM
would return to LSU if Les leaves.