PDA

View Full Version : question: do you feel like the underdog going into the big 12 championship?

MRNOTDUCKS
11/26/2007, 06:25 PM
Missouri is ranked number 1, but you guys have to feel confident after already beating them once this season.

So I would say that Missouri is the underdog.

Both of you guys seem to be playing at the top of your game.
Could be the most interesting Big 12 game in a long time. I don't really see how the game being in San Antonio really is a factor. Your fans travel well; and they'd be at the game whether it was in san antonio or somewhere in the midwest.

KHS Sooner
11/26/2007, 06:27 PM
Missourie should def. be the underdog.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 06:30 PM
The point spread will be whatever it needs to be for half the people to bet each way.

It means nothing more than that.

yermom
11/26/2007, 06:30 PM
i can't imagine they will have near as many fans as us there with all the fans in Dallas and Houston, not to mention OKC/Norman/Tulsa is still closer than KC and STL

it's still going to be a rough game. being thin at DE and not having DeMarco is going to suck. i'm not sure how we are realistically a favorite in this game, but i can see why Vegas would have us the favorite

auto
11/26/2007, 06:37 PM
We're Oklahoma, nuff said.:D

AverageJoe
11/26/2007, 06:38 PM
Missouri is ranked number 1, but you guys have to feel confident after already beating them once this season.

So I would say that Missouri is the underdog.

Both of you guys seem to be playing at the top of your game.
Could be the most interesting Big 12 game in a long time. I don't really see how the game being in San Antonio really is a factor. Your fans travel well; and they'd be at the game whether it was in san antonio or somewhere in the midwest.

No I really do not feel like the under dog in this one. I believe we will win by at least 10-14 points. I really do think we will shut them down petty good this time. They keep saying they are a much better team than 5 weeks ago. Not sure why they keep saying that. I saw the exact same team on the field Saturday night as I saw I saw in Norman. Temple is not their best back either. We'll stuff that guy. Maclin and Daniel are the best players on their team and could play anywhere. All others besides maybe the TE's would not start at OU or Texas. We can beat them easily if we just play physical and tough like we have a couple of times this year. No finesse just hit them in the mouth.

AJ

PLaw
11/26/2007, 06:38 PM
I would hope we are the under dog going into this game. If so, then I imagine we could dish out some good old fashioned Sooner Magic in three part harmony.

BOOMER

GoTigers
11/26/2007, 06:41 PM
Mizzou opens the week three point dogs

OUHOMER
11/26/2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/[email protected]/date/12-01-07/time/2000#J

MRNOTDUCKS
11/26/2007, 07:01 PM
sorry, I was not intending "underdogs" in the gambling sense.

More psychological.

cvsooner
11/26/2007, 07:25 PM
The college football media types would have us as the underdogs, as they try to anoint the newest Cinderella story. KU-MU had them going because you had two teams trying to be Cinderella. Now they've anointed Daniel as the top Heisman candidate (admittedly, he's not bad and you could do worse in your picks) and they're the next NCAA football champions, breaking the stranglehold over the title that's been monopolized by OU, USC, tOSU, Miami, and the like.

But do we feel like underdogs?

"Tell Missouri we're comin'....and we're bringing hell with us!" pretty well sums it up for me. :)

AlbqSooner
11/26/2007, 08:59 PM
I started following OU football 53 years ago. Seldom have I felt like OU was an underdog going into any game. This Big XII Championship is not one of the few.

During the days of the Big 8, it was common for the last game of the season to come down to OU vs nebbish with at least one of those 2 looking to a National Championship. It seldom worked out for nebbish. I do not believe it will work out for misery.

Flying Scotsman
11/26/2007, 09:06 PM
#1 v. #9 and #1 is the underdog??

I am dense....

A Sooner in Texas
11/26/2007, 09:26 PM
Not really...I don't feel nervous about this game the way I have about others - and of course, it's all about my feelings, right? :D

That said, I wasn't nervous about Colorado.
So, I'll get nervous. ;)

LRoss
11/26/2007, 09:30 PM
Missouri's a good enough team to win, no question.

But no, I don't feel like an underdog or like it will be an upset if we win.