PDA

View Full Version : The game...

GoTigers
11/26/2007, 04:52 PM
Hey sooners, I have some questions about the game

How big of a loss is not having DeMarco Murray? I understand he barely played against us last time, but will not having him affect the game?

Is it really a neutral field in San Antonio, or can we expect a big sooner crowd?

Finally: How nervous are you about this game?

This is the last week I'll be rooting against you guys, but I'll be pulling for you guys in the Cotton Bowl :D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 04:56 PM
This is the last week I'll be rooting against you guys, but I'll be pulling for you guys from the Cotton Bowl :D

Thats what they call teh Fixed.

85sooners
11/26/2007, 04:58 PM
:D

The Maestro
11/26/2007, 05:00 PM
We aren't nervous...we call it "the first Saturday in December".

Expectations, my young tigger.

jwlynn64
11/26/2007, 05:02 PM
DeMarco is a great back but we have several great backs.

Playing in San Antonio is definitely a big plus for OU. There is a very large contingent of Sooners living in the Lone Star State.

As far as being nervous, there is a whole thread dedicated to that topic. Personally, I feel like it will be an easier road for OU this time than last time out, IMO.

Have fun in Dallas on New Years day! ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/26/2007, 05:06 PM

How big of a loss is not having DeMarco Murray? I understand he barely played against us last time, but will not having him affect the game?

Pretty big but not so much as Auston English if he can't go. OU has more good depth at RB than at DE.

Is it really a neutral field in San Antonio, or can we expect a big sooner crowd? Maybe slightly OU but farily neutral. I'm guessing 55-60% OU, about 30%-35% MU, Maybe 5-10% neutral fans.

Finally: How nervous are you about this game? I'm nervous about any big game. I think OU wins but I live in Mo so I'll hear about it for a while if MU wins.

This is the last week I'll be rooting against you guys, but I'll be pulling for you guys in the Cotton Bowl :D

Next year against Texas?

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 05:12 PM

Presumably you have a better defense than Okie Lite, but Patrick (the official starter all season) had a 200 yard game on Saturday. Depth at RB is not a problem for us. Patrick, Murray, and Brown all have different styles and are used in different situations. IMO, Murray is a hybrid of Patrick and Brown.

Is it really a neutral field in San Antonio, or can we expect a big sooner crowd?

OU fans travel well, and there are a ton of us in Texas, but I imagine you guys will travel well for the biggest game ever in the history of Missouri football. Since Big 12 championship games are becoming old hat for us, we're the underdog this time, and we're not playing for an MNC for once, maybe our crowd won't be so great.

Very. After the game in Norman I didn't want to face you guys again. I was hoping for KU to win on Saturday...except that would mean they're probably better than you. :eek: Our A+ game beats your A+ game...but we haven't been bringing our A+ game on the road with us. I also wonder if Bradford is 100%.

msteudem
11/26/2007, 05:17 PM

I am only nervous because the North team has won every odd year since the inception of the Big 12. But I am confident that we will break that trend. It has to be broken SOONER or later so why not this Saturday? Should be a good game, especially if our D can pressure Daniel and he boogers it up. :eek:

silverwheels
11/26/2007, 05:22 PM
I am only nervous because the North team has won every odd year since the inception of the Big 12.

Except in 2005.

I'm not nervous. Despite what the Tiger players and media have been saying, Missouri did not give that game away. We were not lucky to win it. We were the better team. I'm still convinced we're the better team. I'll be nervous if we're down big at halftime.

proudsoonergal
11/26/2007, 05:23 PM
I am only nervous because the North team has won every odd year since the inception of the Big 12. But I am confident that we will break that trend. It has to be broken SOONER or later so why not this Saturday? Should be a good game, especially if our D can pressure Daniel and he boogers it up. :eek:

Actually, and I hate to be "Ted"-like and bring this up, but Texas won in 2005 against Colorado.

85Sooner
11/26/2007, 05:27 PM
No one has back to back BXII Titles

ultimatesooner1
11/26/2007, 05:34 PM
No one has back to back BXII Titles

not until Saturday

Ash
11/26/2007, 05:36 PM
I'm nervous. Missouri is talking like they have a lot of swagger. oh noes!!!

MamaMia
11/26/2007, 05:41 PM
We're doomed. :P

GoTigers
11/26/2007, 05:44 PM

Honestly, that is the cheesiest thing I've ever seen.

Our O-Line is good, and if English can't go, Daniel will probably be able to sit in the pocket, and at worst be forced to roll a little bit. (See 3rd and goal TD pass to Danario Alexander vs. kU)

CtheB
11/26/2007, 05:52 PM
Hey sooners, how nervous are you about this game?

Well, I was nervous until everyone started popping off about your greatness in beating Kan'tsas.

The Maestro
11/26/2007, 05:53 PM
Here is a list of all of Missouri's significant wins over Oklahoma in football...

...and I'm done. Enjoy the read!

jwlynn64
11/26/2007, 05:56 PM
Just like the first time we met, everyone talks about how great your offense is. Guess what, we have a pretty good offense as well.

My analysis is:

OU offense = MU offense
OU defense > MU defense

We should be able to score on you more often than you can score on us. Sooners win.

KHS Sooner
11/26/2007, 06:02 PM
I think Patrick will have another 100+ rushing game, he has something to prove. Sam will have an average game. (Which means REALLY good)
Demarco is definitely a home run hitter and will be missed, but Patrick and Brown will pound it down their throats, and if our defense should step up and know how big of game this is I think we should win it by 10 points or more.

Oh and there will definitely be more Sooner fans. :D

KHS Sooner
11/26/2007, 06:05 PM
Just like the first time we met, everyone talks about how great your offense is. Guess what, we have a pretty good offense as well.

My analysis is:

OU offense = MU offense
OU defense > MU defense

We should be able to score on you more often than you can score on us. Sooners win.

Exactly, and personally I think our passing game + our running game = a better offense then MU

SoonerBBall
11/26/2007, 06:06 PM
Actually, and I hate to be "Ted"-like and bring this up, but Texas won in 2005 against Colorado.

Texas LITERALLY won in 2005.

SOONERxWife73
11/26/2007, 06:12 PM
nun-yun. nun-yun business. No free info, nor do we sell injury reports, not even for 1200 'ol George W.'s. It will be a long trip home, for you, tigger.

pb4ou
11/26/2007, 06:21 PM
Stoops > Pinkel

'nuff said

Congrats on making it to the CCG

85sooners
11/26/2007, 07:07 PM
missouri will fold

adoniijahsooner
11/26/2007, 08:15 PM

2005 the Longhorns won if I am not mistaken.

DreamZ22
11/26/2007, 08:51 PM
Here is a list of all of Missouri's significant wins over Oklahoma in football...

...and I'm done. Enjoy the read!

OUT F@#$ing Standing. ROFL

goingoneight
11/26/2007, 11:52 PM
I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole.

Mizzou looks good as they have all year long.

Difference between now and October 13? We're injured and they're not. It was just the opposite back in October minus Tony Temple.

OTOH, I just think it's awfully weird it Mizzou wins that GARY PINKEL goes to the MNC game. Nothing against him, it's just... he never struck me as that great a coach.

The only thing I don't like about Mizzou's offense is a few of Daniel's mechanics. He could get seriously injured if he continues to keep his knees locked in the pocket like he does. And he hold the ball out for everyone to see on his handoffs with little or no disguise or play-fake. That said, it's got him this far, and if Vince Young could win an MNC with his funky mechanics, Mizzou could also.

I'm just happy we didn't surrender the South and we're back in the CCG.

yoseph
11/27/2007, 12:30 AM
the bottom line is that OU is the better team....mizz-who is riding on very high confidence(not so high talent) and thats y they r contenders....we will see wat happens...will talent win or confidence?

insuranceman_22
11/27/2007, 12:47 AM
I can't wait for Saturday to get here! OU has a good team, not one of their elite teams, but good none-the-less. Mizzou may have their best team this year. I look for a very close and very, very physical game. I believe we'll have the advantage in coaching....the truth of it is that Stoops and company have been here and beyond several times, Pinkel and staff have not. Offensively Mizzou is at least OUr equal, especially with Temple back and Murray out for us. Defensively I think we're a little better than the tigs. Special teams is a tough call, if we can contain Maclin, we'll have a decided advantage, if not then it's going to be pretty even I think. When it's all said and done I look for the Sooners to prevail in a fairly close and hard fought game. As for the nervousness factor, well the tiggers may have some, Sooners won't. Also for what it's worth, I think OU will have the emotional advantage coming out of the locker room for kickoff. CD is an exceptional QB, but I'm getting tired of hearing how great he & the Mizzou offense is, I think the Sooner D is listening and getting a little madder by the day, look for some body jarring hits in this one!

proudsoonergal
11/27/2007, 01:13 AM
2005 the Longhorns won if I am not mistaken.

Literally.

:rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
11/27/2007, 01:19 AM
I think Texas won un-literally.

Illiterately?

ZANG!

76soonergrad
11/27/2007, 01:29 AM
I think special teams favor Missouri. DM's being out hurts us. His being out in the previous game was negated by home field advantage.

Another intangible is the leadership factor of Daniel vs. Bradford. The pundits were talking "it" factor for Daniel. Advantage there.

Tangible? Coaching experience in big games. Still, who knows how Kevin Wilson will react in an adverse situation.

Can we sustain the running game? Keeping them off the field is huge.

On the other hand, they may have spent their emotional investment in beating Kansas. Not much time to get ready for OU.

I think it's a given that both teams have changed since their last encounter. And, we have injuries, they don't. I hate putting it all on Sam's shoulders. We need the running game, special teams and defense to help.

Defensive pressure, man to man coverage--Macklin--And OL dominance.

Hoping for a great game.

Crucifax Autumn
11/27/2007, 02:45 AM
Our biggest weakness will be if English really is out for the game. I'm the biggest Demarco fan in the world, but I think between Patrick and Brown and the occasional change-up with Madu, we'll run like crazy on this overrated team. And I think Sam and the receivers will be amazing.

That said, I personally think English will play at least half the defensive downs and I also think we'll be showing things from the first play on that the tiggers aren't ready for!

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2007, 03:02 AM
I am worried about OU coming out and playing tight. For some reason, many of the Sooner teams have started out making huge mistakes in the first half and generally sucking.

If OU can stay within a TD by halftime, they should win. The first two series are the key. No fumbles, no ints' move the chains a little, don't give up any huge plays on D, and they should prevail.

SoonerKnight
11/27/2007, 03:09 AM

Number of times MU has beaten Stoops..................

Number of times MU has lost to OU..................

:D

goingoneight
11/27/2007, 03:16 AM
Boise State.

I'm waiting on results instead of ****ing and moaning, calling for coaches' and players' heads and jumping off a bridge.

I think we can win like we usually do against Pinkel, but this team is different... their record says so. Regardless of what happened in October, a lot has changed. Namely the fact that were not in Norman for this one.

If we played CU, ISU or Tech in Norman, we win by 30+ if not more in each game. OUr team has to play better away from heaven... errr... Norman.

zeke
11/27/2007, 09:04 AM
Somewhat nervous, it depends on which OU team shows up. Coaching staff included.

If the A team shows up OU wins again, If the D- team shows up we get plastered.

If the defense has been listening to C. Daniel (ever since we beat them) they should be fired up to play with vengeance. He keeps spouting stupid remarks and I like it.

OU has been in these type of games but THIS team is for the most part is young, we will see how they respond.

BOOMER SOONER

OUmillenium
11/27/2007, 09:42 AM

Major Applewhite...(in unison) Major Applewhite

TUSooner
11/27/2007, 10:03 AM
<pessimism alert>
Frankly, the way we've played on the road and in some recent "big" games, I wouldn't be surprised to see us come out flat, fall behind early, scrap vigorously to get back into the game, but lose anyway because it's too little, too late. Then we'll hear Mizzou being praised fulsomely to the highest Heaven, as only ESPN's excited and simple-minded jabberers can do.
There, I've said it. :(

SoonerKnight
11/28/2007, 08:07 PM
<pessimism alert>
Frankly, the way we've played on the road and in some recent "big" games, I wouldn't be surprised to see us come out flat, fall behind early, scrap vigorously to get back into the game, but lose anyway because it's too little, too late. Then we'll hear Mizzou being praised fulsomely to the highest Heaven, as only ESPN's excited and simple-minded jabberers can do.
There, I've said it. :(

I'm not sure I understand your ramblings! First of all OU will come out to play and second MU will not beat OU they may be the best team the north has to offer but they are not better than OU!!!!

GoTigers
11/28/2007, 08:25 PM
Boise State.

I'm waiting on results instead of ****ing and moaning, calling for coaches' and players' heads and jumping off a bridge.

I think we can win like we usually do against Pinkel, but this team is different... their record says so. Regardless of what happened in October, a lot has changed. Namely the fact that were not in Norman for this one.

If we played CU, ISU or Tech in Norman, we win by 30+ if not more in each game. OUr team has to play better away from heaven... errr... Norman.
I remember Mike Wilbon saying on PTI that Mizzou was "Boise State with bigger, faster people." :D

SoonerBBall
11/28/2007, 08:59 PM
I remember Mike Wilbon saying on PTI that Mizzou was "Boise State with bigger, faster people." :D

He's totally right!!

You know, except for the fact that besides them both playing OU in the post-season, they are not very similar...

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2007, 09:01 PM

We miss out on a big play threat w/o DeMarco. AP can be one when he is on his game and so can MK. They need them to step up. Chris Brown's style worked very well against you guys for the tough yards.

I expect the crowd to be pretty neutral, slight edge to OU. OU played well against UT in Dallas on a neutral field (or was UT just mediocre ? hmmm).

I'm not nervous, 'cause it's just a game, Focker. I'll be entertained if OU plays well and the game plan is solid. I know some people only think a team plays well if they win, but I don't. I'll be disappointed if the team is flat (emotionless) or the gameplan is predictable (i.e. Colorado). I hope the Zebras have a good game and the injury gods are on holiday (for both teams).

sooneron
11/28/2007, 09:30 PM
Edge to OU on the crowd LOTS of Sooners in texico, unless they think we can't win- I doubt it though.

The trenches, this game will be won in the trenches. We need to pull out the stops with LB stunts and DL twists. I'm nervous as I hear the Gary was seen in the alamo bowl asking them if they can grow the turf more and to water it down. :D

jwlynn64
11/28/2007, 11:01 PM

Not really sure what that means. We can never know for sure but I'm thinking that this years team > last years team.

Also, BS was not the best team in the Fiesta Bowl last year. They won with determination, great coaching and winning the coin toss in OT. If they had to go first, they would have never gone for 2.

The quote is also misleading. BS D last year > Mizzou D this year. Offensively speaking, the quote might be right.

This week is wearing me out, is it Friday night yet? ;)

SoonerShark
11/28/2007, 11:25 PM

I will be pulling for you in a BCS bowl, the Sugar Bowl against LSU, this year and support you when you are in Shreveport next year.

SoonerShark
11/28/2007, 11:34 PM
It should be a fun game. MU has its best team ever against OU's 5th best team this century. The 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and earlier in 2007 OU teams would beat this MU team by 17 points. The defense right now is giving up too many passing yards, but should win by...17, 41-24.

silverwheels
11/29/2007, 02:44 AM

That's cute and all, but we won by 10 earlier, which should have been 17.

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 02:49 AM
Shoulda been 40 based on the fact that we're Sooners and they are mere tiggers pretending to be all grown up.

SoonerKnight
11/29/2007, 02:52 AM
Missouri and Boise State wow! That's a stretch seeing how Boise state was undefeated going into that game and had to prove they should have played in the NC game last year! Missouri on the other hand well they have sucked at beating Stoops and the Sooners!!! So if ya can't do it in the regular season you really think it's gonna happen Saturday? WOW!!! Delusional!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/29/2007, 02:57 AM
If I lived in Missouri I'd be prone to fantasy as well!

CtheB
11/29/2007, 05:43 AM

Geeminy Christmas, Tiger fans. You all are such noobs to being talked about nationally you still do not realize what media guys are idiots. I'll give you a pass on this one.

SoonerShark
12/8/2007, 09:17 AM
It should be a fun game. MU has its best team ever against OU's 5th best team this century. The 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and earlier in 2007 OU teams would beat this MU team by 17 points. The defense right now is giving up too many passing yards, but should win by...17, 41-24.

I was off by a bit. We scored three fewer than I predicted and they scored seven fewer than I predicted. Darn.