PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain the Kansas/Missouri infatuation to me...

Tear Down This Wall
11/26/2007, 04:11 PM
...because, they both suck.

Kansas had only played two teams with a winning record before Mizzou pounded them. Missouri's defense has given up 25 or more points in seven of their 12 games.

There are only two teams in the Big 12 North with winning records. Missouri and Kansas.

If you ask me, either team adds up to nothing but suck, and it will be joy to watch us Mizzou again. Although, I readily admit, it would have been just as fun to watch us pound overrated Kansas as well.

Big 12 North...give me a break.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 04:21 PM
only a couple of weeks ago we were bragging how the Big12 had 3 of 5 top spots.

How quickly we toss under the bus.

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:21 PM
I posted something about this earlier about Kansas compared to 2000 Oklahoma.

They are a joke and dont give me that they came back on Missouri. Missouri's defense sucks and Kansas finally made some plays.

And dont give me Missouri beat Illinois. Illinois turned it over 5 times and almost won the game.

They are number one only by number because they are lucky as hell.

Neither of these team would beat Florida or LSU on a neutral field.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 04:22 PM
How did they do against Colorado?

cj@mizzou
11/26/2007, 04:27 PM
Neither of these team would beat Florida or LSU on a neutral field.

An SEC team on a neutral field? Are you kidding me? We, the Big 12, score more points...

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:28 PM
Who cares??

We played like crap. We gave them the game on a platter.

You are not going to convince me that comparing the head to head with Colorado is a measuring stick.

TUSooner
11/26/2007, 04:28 PM
...because, they both suck.

Kansas had only played two teams with a winning record before Mizzou pounded them. Missouri's defense has given up 25 or more points in seven of their 12 games.

There are only two teams in the Big 12 North with winning records. Missouri and Kansas.

If you ask me, either team adds up to nothing but suck, and it will be joy to watch us Mizzou again. Although, I readily admit, it would have been just as fun to watch us pound overrated Kansas as well.

Big 12 North...give me a break.

Dude, SHHHHHHH !!!!1
True or not, it's better than contiually hearing about how weak the Big XII is. :D

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 04:31 PM
Who cares??

You are not going to convince me that comparing the head to head with Colorado is a measuring stick.
sounds like your mind is made up.

royalfan5
11/26/2007, 04:32 PM
Who cares??

Didn't they handle Texas Tech too?

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:33 PM
You guys need to quit drinking the Big 12 kool-aid. There is no way you will convince me that Kansas or Missouri are as good as USC,Florida or LSU right now.

Neither of the defenses I saw on Saturday were any good.

Missouri has a gimmick offense that gains yards. Kansas played a very weak schedule.

OU will expose Missouri's defense on Saturday. We may not outscore them but we will score.

sanantoniosooner
shhhhh...............don't tell him that either......

Blitzkrieg
Both won at CU, MU beat them 55-10. MU beat tech to within a inch of their lives. Won at Stoolwater, won at Collie Station.

They are both much better away from home than us, I'm glad we didn't play either at home this year.

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:35 PM
Why the big 12 teams??

I said LSU and Florida!!!!

I dont think LSU and FLorida played Colorado or Texas Tech.

Desert Sapper
11/26/2007, 04:36 PM

Did Chase Daniel get KO'd in the first quarter?

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 04:36 PM
cb take a nap. You've been pwned.

Live to fight another day.

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:37 PM
Wow what intelligent come backs.

We lost to Texas Tech by 7 with our back up quarterback.

royalfan5
11/26/2007, 04:37 PM
Why the big 12 teams??

I said LSU and Florida!!!!

I dont think LSU and FLorida played Colorado or Texas Tech.
If LSU and Florida were that good, they wouldn't have a combined 5 losses. Kentucky and Arkansas ain't that good, and neither is Auburn, Georgia, and LSU.

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:39 PM
cb take a nap. You've been pwned.

Live to fight another day.

Still have not heard an intelligent arguement.

royalfan5
11/26/2007, 04:39 PM

Missouri manged to stifle the Tech offense. Did OU play their back-up defense too? Colorado won in Lubbock as well.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 04:41 PM

And they handled Colorado easily while we struggled with Sam at full strength.

This is a silly debate.

Did KU dine on cupcakes? No doubt. That doesn't mean that they aren't a good team though.

MU would put up 30 points on any team they played most likely and their defense isn't bad at all.

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:42 PM
If LSU and Florida were that good, they wouldn't have a combined 5 losses. Kentucky and Arkansas ain't that good, and neither is Auburn, Georgia, and LSU.

Where did the colorado/tech argument go?

Missouri and Kansas would probably lose to Auburn and Georgia that beat OSU that beat Tech.

Again your argument does not work.

They are lucky that other teams are beating up on each other and they wound up at 2 and 4 by playing no one.

OU should have taken care of business by beating the average teams that they lost to.

royalfan5
11/26/2007, 04:47 PM

Where did the colorado/tech argument go?

Missouri and Kansas would probably lose to Auburn and Georgia that beat OSU that beat Tech.

Again your argument does not work.

They are lucky that other teams are beating up on each other and they wound up at 2 and 4 by playing no one.

OU should have taken care of business by beating the average teams that they lost to. The Colorado/Tech argument was to show that Tech wasn't that good, kind of like Kentucky and Arkansas. Auburn got taken out by a mediocre Mississippi State team. Apparently losing to Mediocre teams makes SEC teams good, but beating the the teams in front of you makes Big 12 North teams bad.

Harry Beanbag
11/26/2007, 04:48 PM
I don't understand what the point of this thread is in the first place. Missouri is the #1 team in the country. Sure they had some help but they earned it fair and square. To think they can't beat OU in San Antonio is stupid, it's not like the Sooners haven't already lost to two teams that aren't as good as Missouri.

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 04:49 PM
That's Why Hawaii will be playing for the national title becuase the beat the teams in front of them.

The Maestro
11/26/2007, 04:51 PM
I don't understand what the point of this thread is in the first place. Missouri is the #1 team in the country. Sure they had some help but they earned it fair and square. To think they can't beat OU in San Antonio is stupid, it's not like the Sooners haven't already lost to two teams that aren't as good as Missouri.

People in Gilbert, AZ, are smart...'specially in that Power Ranch area.

royalfan5
11/26/2007, 04:52 PM
That's Why Hawaii will be playing for the national title becuase the beat the teams in front of them.
And SEC teams won't because they couldn't beat the teams in front of them.

Desert Sapper
11/26/2007, 05:09 PM
Missouri manged to stifle the Tech offense. Did OU play their back-up defense too? Colorado won in Lubbock as well.

Ouch. :eek:

I will say this: There is a lot more to Defense than just scheming and playing right, especially in college. When you are on the field the whole first half, it's hard to stop everything. When a QB as good as Harrell throws 70+ times, he's going to score some, especially with limited pressure (can anybody say DE injuries?). When you are away, and you are the #3 team in the country, and your starter get's injured, it's going to get really, really loud on O and not so much on D. I'd say even with Halzle, we would have won by a TD in Norman. Same goes for the CU game.

Mizzou is a damn good football team. I hope we can beat them.

Partial Qualifier
11/26/2007, 05:18 PM
I understand the point of the thread, but I don't understand the backbiting. Who inferred cb4ou was comparing KU/MU to OU, thus manifesting the "what about CU and TT" retorts? I didn't read that argument in cb's post at all. Were posts edited after the fact?

MarylandSooner
11/26/2007, 06:08 PM
I will say this: Missouri will be the one's with butterflies in their bellies come Saturday night, it better not be OU. We have been there before.

BOOMER SOONER!

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 06:09 PM
I understand the point of the thread, but I don't understand the backbiting. Who inferred cb4ou was comparing KU/MU to OU, thus manifesting the "what about CU and TT" retorts? I didn't read that argument in cb's post at all. Were posts edited after the fact?
__________________________________________________ ____________

My point was inferring to the original post the Kansas and Missouri is overrated.

From ESPN today:

Nothing against Mizzou and quarterback Chase Daniel, but the Tigers aren't the No. 1 team in the country. They aren't even favored in Vegas to beat No. 9 Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship (Mizzou is a 3-point dog).

Missouri is ranked first because somebody needs to be there, and because there is no clear-cut No. 1.

This was my point.

GoTigers
11/26/2007, 06:12 PM
__________________________________________________ ____________

My point was inferring to the original post the Kansas and Missouri is overrated.

From ESPN today:

Nothing against Mizzou and quarterback Chase Daniel, but the Tigers aren't the No. 1 team in the country. They aren't even favored in Vegas to beat No. 9 Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship (Mizzou is a 3-point dog).

Missouri is ranked first because somebody needs to be there, and because there is no clear-cut No. 1.

This was my point.
We were 3 point dogs to kU. ;)

cb4ou
11/26/2007, 06:16 PM
So?

You won and KU is overrated.

KU is a nice team but overrated.

I dont think Missouri is the best team in the country. I am not saying OU is.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 06:27 PM
NOBODY is the best team in the country this year.

Is that too hard to savvy?

SoonerMom2
11/26/2007, 06:44 PM
You guys need to quit drinking the Big 12 kool-aid. There is no way you will convince me that Kansas or Missouri are as good as USC,Florida or LSU right now.

Neither of the defenses I saw on Saturday were any good.

Missouri has a gimmick offense that gains yards. Kansas played a very weak schedule.

OU will expose Missouri's defense on Saturday. We may not outscore them but we will score.

Exactly! We will outscore them. Without the phantom touchdown at the end, we actually beat them by 17 but who is counting? Tell me we don't have Bible for this game. No matter what Musburger says, Bible's crew is not a good bunch of officials, plus they are biased against OU and A&M.

GoTigers
11/26/2007, 06:56 PM
Exactly! We will outscore them. Without the phantom touchdown at the end, we actually beat them by 17 but who is counting? Tell me we don't have Bible for this game. No matter what Musburger says, Bible's crew is not a good bunch of officials, plus they are biased against OU and A&M.
Did you watch the Mizzou-kU game? He blew about 15 calls that would have gone for us, vs. 2 that would have gone against kU. I really hope we don't get Bible. He just isn't very good.

cvsooner
11/26/2007, 07:32 PM
Did you watch the Mizzou-kU game? He blew about 15 calls that would have gone for us, vs. 2 that would have gone against kU. I really hope we don't get Bible. He just isn't very good.

On that point, we can agree. I'm hoping we get officials from just about any other conference but ours. Or the Pac 10.

Forever A Tiger
11/26/2007, 08:38 PM

You all like to talk about the "meaningless" TD at the end but none of you want to talk about the fact that we came from 13 points behind in the 3rd quarter to take the lead at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Or that Pig Brown (our best defensive player before his injury) dropped a pass that was perfectly thrown to him in the endzone that allowed OU to score. Or that a totally fluke mixup in the signals resulted in Chase Daniel handing off the ball to a totally unsuspecting Jeremy Maclin resulting in an easy TD for OU. Or that our OC had a brain fart when he called for an option pass from Maclin when we were driving down the field resulting in an easy pick. Or that most teams aren't the same in December as they were in mid-October.

You also don't want to hear any excuses as to why Mizzou lost that game but you have plenty of excuses why you lost your two games. I know you lost your QB in the Tech game but your defense still gave up a lot of points. I do think you will give up a lot of points Saturday night too. Whether you will give up enough to cost you the game I don't know.

Now before you get all bent out of shape I'm not saying we definitely win. Heck, I don't know who will win any more than the rest of you. However, I do know we might very well win (as may you). Frankly while I was bummed at the time we lost to you before I'm now very happy we lost that first game for several reasons. First I'm glad it's OU who has to beat us twice rather than the other way around. Second, while at the time I would have had no idea that loss wouldn't hold us down in the polls now it's moot. Third, I'm glad we don't have the added pressure of being undefeated. And finally because it seemed to have made our players more focused and a better team. After our 4 turnovers in that game we've had 5 (or 6, not sure which) in 6 games since. In other words don't count on us turning it over 4 times again or close to it.

I'm ready to watch a great game and may the best team win.

Ash
11/26/2007, 08:51 PM
You also don't want to hear any excuses as to why Mizzou lost that game Heck, I don't know who will win any more than the rest of you.

These parts of your post are spot on.

Forever A Tiger
11/26/2007, 08:53 PM
These parts of your post are spot on.

Thanks but tell me how the rest of it is wrong.

Ash
11/26/2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks but tell me how the rest of it is wrong.

The rest of it is typical fanboy message board pap. Class dismissed. See you at the game.

trwxxa
11/26/2007, 10:49 PM
After our 4 turnovers in that game we've had 5 (or 6, not sure which) in 6 games since. In other words don't count on us turning it over 4 times again or close to it.

Not trying to pile on, but you coughed it up to us 4 times in 2007 AND 2006. The trend is your friend. ;)

Jmorales22
11/26/2007, 11:38 PM
It's very simple. Florida St beat Colorado at home this year 16-0. Florida beat Florida St by 33. So Florida is at least 49points better than Colorado. Since Colorado beat Oklahoma by 3, Florida is 52 points better than Oklahoma. Missouri beat Colorado by only 45 points, which means it's only 45 points better than Oklahoma. Therefore, Florida would win the big XII. And Kevin Bacon is connected to all of it.

Desert Sapper
11/27/2007, 07:42 AM
It's very simple. Florida St beat Colorado at home this year 16-0. Florida beat Florida St by 33. So Florida is at least 49points better than Colorado. Since Colorado beat Oklahoma by 3, Florida is 52 points better than Oklahoma. Missouri beat Colorado by only 45 points, which means it's only 45 points better than Oklahoma. Therefore, Florida would win the big XII. And Kevin Bacon is connected to all of it.

Arkansas beat LSU by 2 points in OT in Baton Rouge. Florida beat Tennessee by 39 points. Auburn beat Arkansas by 2 points in Fayetteville and Florida by 3 points in the swamp. South Florida beat Auburn by 3 points in Jordan-Hare. Cincinnati beat South Florida by 5 points in Tampa. Louisville beat Cincinnati by 4 points there. Utah beat Louisville by 9 points in Papa Johns. Meaning that Utah would win the SEC by at least 25 points.:eek: And Chuck Norris just did a roundhouse on Vin Diesel and Mr T at the same time to win the badass of the year award.

pott_2
11/27/2007, 08:03 AM

UUUhhhh.. I need to take a nap.