PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou QB Steve Taylor and DE Broderick Thomas on Big 12 Championship

soonerboy_odanorth
11/26/2007, 01:45 PM
"The truth is, they can't play with us."

"It might not even be close."

The Maestro
11/26/2007, 01:48 PM
Ha! I say we send our tight end, Keith Jackson, out for the coin toss Saturday night...with a big key in his hands!

stoopified
11/26/2007, 01:55 PM
They played for Nebraska not Missou but yeah I recall them running their mouths.

The_Red_Patriot
11/26/2007, 01:55 PM
Link?

The Maestro
11/26/2007, 01:58 PM
They played for Nebraska not Missou

I'm pretty sure he knew that and the concept was based on the "we let one slip away" talk from Missouri so far.

CtheB
11/26/2007, 01:59 PM
There is no link. These are comments that Nebraska players made before the 1987 OU-Nebbish "Our House" game. These comments were printed by the coaching staff and taped to every player's locker on Monday before practice.

One thing is for sure, the Mizzou player's comments aren't as brash, but the lesson is that you do not call the conference king out to the curb. Especially when they have half of your scalp in their hands already.

stoopified
11/26/2007, 02:10 PM
There is no link. These are comments that Nebraska players made before the 1987 OU-Nebbish "Our House" game. These comments were printed by the coaching staff and taped to every player's locker on Monday before practice.

One thing is for sure, the Mizzou player's comments aren't as brash, but the lesson is that you do not call the conference king out to the curb. Especially when they have half of your scalp in their hands already.True dat.

SteelClip49
11/26/2007, 02:59 PM
Let Missouri players talk all they want. It's extra fuel and motivation for our players. Missouri players talkling like this reminds me of Larry Birdine's comments before...a game.

Animal Mother
11/26/2007, 04:39 PM
That was way back when we played The Bugeaters two years in a row in Lincoln (Hayes) Nebraska and won both games. Crazee daze!!! 1986 & 1987. After the goal line stand in 1984, I ran outside and jumped so high I lost my balance as I landed. I put out my hands to break my fall and peeled off all the skin on the heel of my palms on the concrete.
It was the sweet pain o’ me droogies!The King owned them so bad in their place. 6-2
We need to make Mizzou cower like a cell beach Saturday.Exterminate with extreme prejudice. Boom boom all night long!!!!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
11/26/2007, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure he knew that and the concept was based on the "we let one slip away" talk from Missouri so far.

Yes, and....

One thing is for sure, the Mizzou player's comments aren't as brash, but the lesson is that you do not call the conference king out to the curb. Especially when they have half of your scalp in their hands already.

DIZZACTLY!

stoopified
11/26/2007, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure he knew that and the concept was based on the "we let one slip away" talk from Missouri so far.I wqas going by what he said.If he meant Missou was running off at the mouth likre Taylor and Thomas,that is what he should have said.

It WAS 20 years ago and some peoples memory banks get faulty with age.

KantoSooner
11/26/2007, 06:17 PM
Time for Bobbie's boys to put up a signature win. I'm thinking Mr. Kelly goes deep and long all game.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/26/2007, 08:29 PM
I wqas going by what he said.If he meant Missou was running off at the mouth likre Taylor and Thomas,that is what he should have said.

It WAS 20 years ago and some peoples memory banks get faulty with age.

JEEBUS stoopified! If I posted "stoopified owes me $1 million dollars" can I expect the check?

Sometime you have to INFER by what is IMPLIED. If ya make it too obvious it's just... well... BORING!

Golly gee willikers!

(Now that I think about it, nevermind. Just go by what I said in that "stoopified owes me $1 million dollars" part.) :D