PDA

View Full Version : STRENGTH of SCHEDULE Pro's/Cons.

BIG_IKE
11/26/2007, 11:21 AM
Who do you guys think has the toughest Schedule in College Football?
According to one ratings site it is Ole' Miss. I tend to agree but think Washington's can give it a run for it's money. I also think SOS played a huge factor in the Missouri-Kansas game. I KNEW Kansas was going to lose because they had not played anyone. How can you consider a team #2 in the Country when their signature victory was over...well, the POKES!
If you look at the 5 best teams in the Big 12, MU,KU,OU,UT,TTU...Kansas had not played ANY of them prior to Saturday, so I was not sold on the whole "Kansas" love affair. Do you all think Strength of Schedule has positive or negative effects on a programs overall success?

Here is a look at what I think are the two toughest schedules...

OLE'MISS: Missouri,Florida,Georgia,LSU, Arkansas, Alabama
WASHINGTON: Boise St, Cal, Oregon, USC, Ohio State, Hawaii, Arizona St.

LRoss
11/26/2007, 11:46 AM
They don't play tough OOC games typically, but I always kind of feel bad for Baylor. I mean seriously -- the rest of the B12S at least gets to play them . . . they ARE them! Who's THEIR easy win? Oh crap! Just LOOK at these side by side:

OU's B12S opponents: Texas, aTm, Tech, OSU, Baylor
Baylor's B12S opponents: Texas, aTm, Tech, OSU, Oklahoma --and they have to play those games AS BAYLOR!!!

BIG_IKE
11/26/2007, 12:46 PM
They don't play tough OOC games typically, but I always kind of feel bad for Baylor. I mean seriously -- the rest of the B12S at least gets to play them . . . they ARE them! Who's THEIR easy win? Oh crap! Just LOOK at these side by side:

OU's B12S opponents: Texas, aTm, Tech, OSU, Baylor
Baylor's B12S opponents: Texas, aTm, Tech, OSU, Oklahoma --and they have to play those games AS BAYLOR!!!
U got me laughing at work man! Im gonna get in trouble!!:D Gotta love Baylor though. They keep on trying and trying.

SoonerMom2
11/26/2007, 12:51 PM
Used to feel sorry for Baylor until I read last week that Mike Singletary asked that the school do what is necessary to field a good football team like facilities and the Administration said no. Baylor has no intention of building better facilities to attract better players so we are stuck with them in our conference and the win against Baylor hurts strength of scheduling for the entire Big 12 IMHO.