PDA

View Full Version : Terrible, just terrible news

1stTimeCaller
11/26/2007, 11:00 AM
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - WE´RE ENGAGED!!
Well it’s quite an exciting day in the Bishop household because I rolled over this morning and got a glimpse of the diamond on my finger and remembered that LUKE SKYWALKER PROPOSED LAST NIGHT!! And most importantly I said yes For those of you that know us, this doesn’t come as a huge surprise - for others who read my onine journals you may have caught onto my not-so-subtle comments about a certain "Luke Skywalker". This name is only partly fictional, as his real name is Sky Walker Jones, a tribute to his mother’s avid love for Star Wars. I gave him a stage name to protect the innocent but now I’m gonna just throw him under the bus because he’s gonna be my HUSBAND!

Sky and I met last year at the Larry Joe Taylor Festival (how cliche, I know) after a friend had tried unsuccessfully to match us up for over 6 months. At one point, Sky even bought $50 tickets to a show of mine at Bass Concert Hall only to arrive on the big night and find that my opening slot had been replaced with Adam Carroll (thanks a LOT Robert!). Another time, I was expecting to meet him at a show at 8.0’s, again in Ft. Worth, but he now showed. But on April 28, 2006, good ole Larry Joe came to the rescue. It was pretty much love at first site, although I mis-heard "Sky" for "Scott" - a common mistake I would later discover - and called him by the wrong name for the first six hours. I’m still not sure if he was just being polite or was so taken by my beauty that he didn’t notice :)After a year and a half together and many joys, laughs, and tears, Sky somehow still saw past all my womanly insanity and artistic chaos and thought enough of me to ask me to spend the rest of my life with him.

From Bonnie Bishop's blog or whatever. I do like that she called him by my name the first time she met him! ;)

C&CDean
11/26/2007, 11:03 AM
Dude, you really need to get out more often...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 11:04 AM
Skywalker Jones! Sounds like a good Blaxsploitation movie..

1stTimeCaller
11/26/2007, 11:06 AM
Dude, you really need to get out more often...

I left the house on Saturday. And I have a date with Mongo and possibly c_p for lunch today.

so there!

C&CDean
11/26/2007, 11:25 AM
I left the house on Saturday. And I have a date with Mongo and possibly c_p for lunch today.

so there!

Mongo and the boy nurse?

Like I said, you REALLY need to get out more often.

critical_phil
11/27/2007, 03:21 PM
Ham and Frank, feel free to join us. We'll meet at Alvarado's around noon.

OU4LIFE
11/27/2007, 03:28 PM
I must have just missed you.