PDA

View Full Version : OU's Oct 13th win over Missouri taken away

The_Red_Patriot
11/26/2007, 10:50 AM
Just saw something on ESPN about it.

Missouri handed the game to Oklahoma and Missouri is and was a much better team than Oklahoma.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last time I checked turnovers are a part of football. You have to prevent them.

OU took advantage.

So that would mean Oklahoma was a better team since they won that day by 10 pts(was 17pts if Mizzou didn't score that late TD).

No? okay, you make a good point Espn, FSN, CBS... Missouri is and was way better than Oklahoma.

JohnnyMack
11/26/2007, 10:52 AM
Yep, Chase Daniel wasn't confused into making bad decisions, he actually just threw the ball up in the air as high as he could and yelled, :les:500!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 10:53 AM
Nobody seems to be mentioning the OU turnovers and the points spotted to Mizzou

badger
11/26/2007, 10:56 AM
Hey now, guys. Mizzou deserves to be ranked where they are now. We lost two games we should have won, they only lost one that we all know they should have lost, anyway.

2 losses < 1 loss.

Missouri is better than us right now. We have to correct this right away by smearing the karp outta them.

And if not,well, we can always take the aggie route and say "we beat the conference champion." and hopefully, come Janurary, we can also say "we beat the national champion."

Either way, OU wins. :)

We had a great season, with a new quarterback and a lot of new guys stepping up. Do I want a national and big 12 title? yeah, of course. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen this year... the national title part, I mean. The big 12 belongs to ou, damm!t.

Animal Mother
11/26/2007, 11:04 AM
Chase Daniel needs to have his mom show him the proper eye make-up application technique. His eye liner makes him look like a racoon.
Hold on. I have a call.............................................. .....................

O.K. His eye black makes him look like a racoon. The way it looked Saturday I would have sworn it was "Cover Girl".

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 11:06 AM
Its Maybelline makeup for men..Its says so right on the box

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 11:09 AM
Hey now, guys. Mizzou deserves to be ranked where they are now. We lost two games we should have won, they only lost one that we all know they should have lost, anyway.

2 losses < 1 loss.

Missouri is better than us right now. We have to correct this right away by smearing the karp outta them.

And if not,well, we can always take the aggie route and say "we beat the conference champion." and hopefully, come Janurary, we can also say "we beat the national champion."

We had a great season, with a new quarterback and a lot of new guys stepping up. Do I want a national and big 12 title? yeah, of course. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen this year... the national title part, I mean. The big 12 belongs to ou, damm!t.

Oh they definitely deserve the ranking. They won the games they were supposed to. Says something about what kinda team they have.

sooneron
11/26/2007, 11:10 AM
I heard that he and Zac R have make over parties.

MarylandSooner
11/26/2007, 11:13 AM
There is no way Missery is going to go down to Texas and beat us. Heck, the tickets for Missery side of the field are going for half the price of ours. That should tell you something.

Ash
11/26/2007, 11:15 AM

2 losses < 1 loss.

I don't think anyone would argue with what you posted, badger. But that's not the point of what I'm hearing from Mizzou coaches and players. They think they won that game at the Fock despite what the scoreboard read at the end of regulation.

They're a good team and played well in that game but the whole "we should have won" line is a bit of a stretch. Give credit to OU for making some plays as well.

Especially this one:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2923/loftontdcopymp4.jpg

mikeelikee
11/26/2007, 11:27 AM
You people better be nice to Chase, or he'll flip a booger on you--that is, if he's already eaten his fill! :D

chad
11/26/2007, 11:49 AM
If you want to talk about turn overs as mistakes: (both teams were bad)
1st Quarter
OU fumbles on own 38, results in Mizzou TD +7
Mizzou throws interception, return to own 16, results in OU FG +3
3rd Quarter
Mizzou throws interception, return to OU 44, results in OU TD +7
OU fumbles on own 47, results in Mizzou TD +7
4th Quarter
Mizzou fumbles, returned for OU TD +7
Mizzou Interception with 4 minutes left results in OU TD +7

Mizzou was -2 on turnovers, and -10 in points off of turnovers (7 of those points came with 3 minutes left, when the game was, for arguments sake, already over)

The reason the media is talking about the game different today, than they were back in October is to gain viewership. It's all about the money.

yermom
11/26/2007, 01:07 PM
I don't think anyone would argue with what you posted, badger. But that's not the point of what I'm hearing from Mizzou coaches and players. They think they won that game at the Fock despite what the scoreboard read at the end of regulation.

They're a good team and played well in that game but the whole "we should have won" line is a bit of a stretch. Give credit to OU for making some plays as well.

Especially this one:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2923/loftontdcopymp4.jpg

that's a great pic :D

picasso
11/26/2007, 01:11 PM
Just saw something on ESPN about it.

Missouri handed the game to Oklahoma and Missouri is and was a much better team than Oklahoma.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last time I checked turnovers are a part of football. You have to prevent them.

OU took advantage.

So that would mean Oklahoma was a better team since they won that day by 10 pts(was 17pts if Mizzou didn't score that late TD).

No? okay, you make a good point Espn, FSN, CBS... Missouri is and was way better than Oklahoma.
I'm so sick of hearing this. Have people already forgotten the two big fumbles by our very own #9???????!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, we were in control of that game until he fumbled the first time.

blackbeauty02
11/26/2007, 01:14 PM
Yep, Chase Daniel wasn't confused into making bad decisions, he actually just threw the ball up in the air as high as he could and yelled, :les:500!!!!!

ha. i laughed when i read your post. i miss that game. but i think daniel yelled "jackpot!" when he threw the ball

The Consumate Showman
11/26/2007, 01:15 PM
Let dem Tigers talk. That's exactly what we want.
If you'll notice, our guys were saying N O T H I N G
about the Big XII after the whipping we handed out
Saturday. Our guys - and coaches for that matter -
are gonna be fired up and will have PLENTY of
bulletin board material from Chase, Maclin, Pinkel, and
the rest of that OVERRATED team this week.

Everyone that goes needs to be ready to yell it
loud and prouod Saturday evening...

OVERRATED!!!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
11/26/2007, 01:40 PM
There is no way Missery is going to go down to Texas and beat us. Heck, the tickets for Missery side of the field are going for half the price of ours. That should tell you something.

That I should buy tickets on the Missery side and turn around and sell them on our side?

MextheBulldog
11/26/2007, 01:47 PM
This is Mizzou's way of rationalizing their only loss. All teams do it. It's gonna be another four quarter game.

stoopified
11/26/2007, 03:52 PM
This is Mizzou's way of rationalizing their only loss. All teams do it. It's gonna be another four quarter game.The last game didn't REALLY take 4 full quarters to win.We were up 41-24 when the Pus..I mean Tigers scored their phantom TD with seconds to go.

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 03:55 PM
I have it on good authority that Chase Daniels eats boogers.

Desert Sapper
11/26/2007, 04:01 PM
....Everyone that goes needs to be ready to yell it
loud and prouod Saturday evening...

OVERRATED!!!!!

I am damn prouod of my Sooners!:D

I couldn't resist.;)

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 04:03 PM
I've never understood why it's a good thing to call the team you just beat "overrated".

JohnnyMack
11/26/2007, 04:11 PM

Dean says it 70/40 that he pops that winner in his mouf.

Hot Rod
11/26/2007, 05:53 PM

Chase likes 'em when they're green
And likes 'em when they string
He eats them on a bench
And isn't bothered by the stench
He likes them here and there
He likes them everywhere
I don't think a Heisman pose
is nice while picking at your nose.