PDA

View Full Version : arky and aggy trying to copy the RRS

CShine
11/26/2007, 12:29 AM
Texas A&M and Arkansas officials are close to finalizing a non-conference football series at the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington starting in 2009, a source close to the negotiations told The Dallas Morning News.

The schools are close to signing a six- to eight-year deal that would bring a potential blockbuster matchup to the area that could rival the annual Texas-Oklahoma game at Fair Park.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/112607dnspotamuark.3b62e4e4.html

AllAboutThe'O'
11/26/2007, 12:32 AM
Holy cow, that's the first I've heard of that. And I go on the Razorback board a lot. That should be a fun series, FWIW, and I'm sure Jerry Jones had a say in the matter as well, getting his alma mater to play in his new football palace.

chad
11/26/2007, 12:34 AM
Dallas is really good at getting revenue from college football teams and fans.

I believe the OU/Texas weekend is the most profitable day in Dallas each year. or so I've heard

AllAboutThe'O'
11/26/2007, 12:40 AM
Dallas is really good at getting revenue from college football teams and fans.

I believe the OU/Texas weekend is the most profitable day in Dallas each year. or so I've heard
I've also heard talk that Baylor was going to play Notre Dame in the new Cowboys' stadium sometime down the road. Seems to me that Jerry is wanting his new stadium to be an attractive venue for regular-season college games and I think the Cotton Bowl can return to its former status as an elite bowl game once it moves to Jerry World for the 2010 game.

SoonerDood
11/26/2007, 12:42 AM
I've also heard talk that Baylor was going to play Notre Dame in the new Cowboys' stadium sometime down the road. Seems to me that Jerry is wanting his new stadium to be an attractive venue for regular-season college games and I think the Cotton Bowl can return to its former status as an elite bowl game once it moves to Jerry World for the 2010 game.
Good! It's about time OU gets a BCS home game!

Lott's Bandana
11/26/2007, 12:49 AM
"...that could rival the annual Texas-Oklahoma game at Fair Park."

Oxymoronic.

"...at Fair Park."

What? Is JJ going to borrow Big Tex? Truck him up Hwy 114 to Arlington like those windturbine blades on I-35?

Did someone convince Hog fans that Dallas was 1/2 way?

It appears this new "rivalry" will be created with new head coaches on both teams.

If they split the stadium at the 50 yard line the stadium will still be a sea of "kinda red". Oh yeah, the aTm side will all be standing.

Interesting that OU/TX never gets the credit due for being the best "game" every year, if not the best rivalry...yet, look at the new trend for neutral sites. KS/MU, now aTm/Hogs. I think they should play tOSU/Mish in Toledo!

chad
11/26/2007, 12:52 AM
I don't know if you're joking or that is a true attempt at a new rivalry. However I have heard talks of an Okie-lite v Tech (could have been A&M) match up in Dallas as well.

Oh how Okie-lite wants a rivalry they can win :P

Lott's Bandana
11/26/2007, 12:53 AM

Dan Jenkins Semi-Tough

AllAboutThe'O'
11/26/2007, 01:04 AM
I don't know if you're joking or that is a true attempt at a new rivalry. However I have heard talks of an Okie-lite v Tech (could have been A&M) match up in Dallas as well.

No, the Baylor-ND thing would be a one-time only deal. Yeah, I've also heard talk about OSU-Tech being played there as well.

chad
11/26/2007, 01:16 AM
No, the Baylor-ND thing would be a one-time only deal. Yeah, I've also heard talk about OSU-Tech being played there as well.
Given the way both teams are playing right now, Baylor v ND just might be a rivalry made in heaven. :)

Lott's Bandana
11/26/2007, 01:47 AM
Given the way both teams are playing right now, Baylor v ND just might be a rivalry made in heaven. :)

Like BYU vs. Oral Roberts?

Seriously though...Notre Dame mostly plays faith-based private schools, private schools and military academies, + Mish and Mish Lite.
I guess Baylor fits the mold.

batonrougesooner
11/26/2007, 01:53 AM
OSU/Tech, Arky/Fightin' Lassies, it doesn't matter. JJ would drop any and all for the RRS. I'm sure it's inevitable that our game gets moved there.

I hate to mess with tradition and I love it being within the fair but you got to admit it would be cool to see it in a 100K plus stadium with all the bells and whistles. Besides, I'm sure they could sell corny dogs in the parking lot just as easily as they can sell them at the fair.

CORNholio
11/26/2007, 01:56 AM
The battle of underachievers. Can't wait. How many moral victories can be spun out of this game. Can they add Okie light for a round-robbin of failure?

kevpks
11/26/2007, 01:57 AM
I just want Dallas to get a BCS game. It would be awesome for other teams to have to worry about playing OU for all the marbles in our backyard. It would also alleviate the watered down feeling I get from five BCS games in four venues.

CORNholio
11/26/2007, 01:58 AM
Speaking of Arkie did anybody see the post game highlight of Nuttjob claiming they were the best team in the country for 60 minutes after they beat a severely overrated Lsuc team?

bluedogok
11/26/2007, 10:56 PM

OSU-Tech played at Texas Stadium awhile back, I think when Simmons was still coach.