PDA

View Full Version : Uh, the Pats are up by 3 on the iggles...

sooneron
11/25/2007, 11:10 PM
:pop:

please GAWD, let those fuggers lose!

AllAboutThe'O'
11/25/2007, 11:13 PM
I'm with you all the way.

And regardless of the final score, it reaffirms my belief that the Patriots are far from being the greatest team in NFL history and that they will get knocked off sometime down the road.

sooneron
11/25/2007, 11:18 PM
AJ Feely taking it to the pats?

sooneron
11/25/2007, 11:19 PM
Crap! Nice pass Feeley.

sooneron
11/25/2007, 11:20 PM
Mebbe some iggle will clock pretty boy and he'll fumble.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/25/2007, 11:21 PM
Wonder if Darth Hoodie will go for the kill and get another TD before the final gun sounds?

Veritas
11/25/2007, 11:22 PM
I'm clearly in the minority, but I'm pulling for Darth Hoodie.

sooneron
11/25/2007, 11:23 PM
I never liked Bill before I found out that he was a liar and a cheater.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 11:27 PM
I'm a Pats fan (among a few others), have been since Fairbanks was coach. I listen to Boston sports radio online, Patriots Monday should be pretty interesting tomorrow.

Listening to him on the show that he does on Monday afternoon has changed my perception of him. He just wants as close as you can get to perfect execution, isn't that pretty much what we all want out of OU?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/25/2007, 11:29 PM
I never liked Bill before I found out that he was a liar and a cheater.
I didn't like him when he ran Bernie Kosar out of Cleveland, and I'm not even a Browns fan. 'Course, Kosar was then picked up by the Cowboys, and was part of Jimmy Johnson's second and last Super Bowl squad.

85sooners
11/25/2007, 11:34 PM
pats are good but dallas will throttle them next time around!

AllAboutThe'O'
11/25/2007, 11:35 PM
pats are good but dallas will throttle them next time around!
Let it be true.

GrapevineSooner
11/25/2007, 11:54 PM
Sure, Belichick's an a** who cheated and Tom Brady a beit of a jerk, too.

But rooting against them would kind of be like rooting for the '72 Dolphins, whose players and coaches don't have a right to cast apserisons on the Pats.

They ran up the score and had draft picks taken away for tampering in the signing of Don Shula.

Plus, they only had to go undefeated for 17 games and only won the Super Bowl by a scant 7 points. In other words, they're horribly overrated.

I'm quite certain the '85 Bears or any of the Cowboys or 49'er teams in the 90's would have throttled the 'Phins.

sooneron
11/25/2007, 11:59 PM

But rooting against them would kind of be like rooting for the '72 Dolphins, whose players and coaches don't have a right to cast apserisons on the Pats.

Oh, trust me, I can't stand those losers that get together to toast themselves whenever an undefeated goes down. They need to face it that records are meant to be broken . I agree that a lot of the teams you mentioned would HOUSE that 72 team.

Why in the F did Reid call that play on 2nd and shot anyway? Stupid.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/26/2007, 12:38 AM

They ran up the score and had draft picks taken away for tampering in the signing of Don Shula.

Plus, they only had to go undefeated for 17 games and only won the Super Bowl by a scant 7 points. In other words, they're horribly overrated.

I'm quite certain the '85 Bears or any of the Cowboys or 49'er teams in the 90's would have throttled the 'Phins.
I've always believed that the '72 Dolphins, while they did achieve perfection, are not of the top five greatest NFL teams of all time. They also benefited from a weak division as well as the fact that former AFC (or AFL/NFL) powers like the Jets, Colts and Chiefs were sliding and emerging AFC powers like the Raiders and Steelers had yet to assert themselves. In fact, the Dolphins beat the Steelers in the AFC title game the week after Pittsburgh beat Oakland on the Immaculate Reception. Another fun fact about that game; even though the Dolphins had the better record, the game was in Pittsburgh.

cheezyq
11/26/2007, 12:50 AM
Regardless of the strength of that Dolphins team, or lack of it, or the perceived circumstances surrounding their undefeated team, it's still a great accomplishment. Not as good as 47 straight, but still very impressive. The toasting is lame and childish. But, if I had a record that no one else has broken, I'd be pretty pleased to see it continue standing. And I sure as heck wouldn't want a team like the Patriots to break it.

goingoneight
11/26/2007, 01:16 AM
As a Dallas fan (been one about as long as I can remember being a Sooner fan, which stretches back to my early day in the 1980s), I feel for New England about as much as I feel for USC. I don't care if they win it all, I'm just sick of people spooging everytime they mention their name. ESPN has a rock-solid woody for them as the flavor of the month "greatest team EVAR" and it's really irritating. Congratulations on your start is the way I see it... but what makes you think your team could handle some of the NFL's greatest like Barry Sanders, Troy Aikman, Lee Roy Selmon, you get the picture. There are champions who have faced much better in their day than New England has seen so far.