PDA

View Full Version : I'm nervous about playing Missouri

MamaMia
11/25/2007, 09:20 PM
They were so tough when we played them, and now they're even better than before. :eek:

I have my hotel reservations though and I'm willing to do my part. :)

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 09:22 PM
Tigerbait. :D ;)

KantoSooner
11/25/2007, 09:24 PM
Don't get overwrought. They may be the best team we played this year, but we beat them decisively. And this will be more of an 'away' game for them than for us.
A big game, to be sure, but I think OU takes it big.

Blues1
11/25/2007, 09:36 PM
Relax --- We Win .... Surprise Score --- Blues1 will reveal later.... :)

MichiganSooner
11/25/2007, 09:37 PM
What Missouri player missed the first game? And is he back for next weekend?

Widescreen
11/25/2007, 09:38 PM
I would've rather played Kansas because I don't have any animosity towards them. As it stands, I REALLY want to shut Chance Mock's (oops, I mean Chase Daniel's) mouth.

sendbaht
11/25/2007, 09:41 PM
Missouri plays well for only 3 quarters, look at our game and last night with KU. We will beat them again!

Norman Sooner
11/25/2007, 09:43 PM
Tony Temple didnt play for Mizzou the first go around..i still think we win though

batonrougesooner
11/25/2007, 09:44 PM
I hope OU is wearing the Crimson jersey. Otherwise we're doomed!

SOONER STEAKER
11/25/2007, 09:45 PM
If your nervous about playing Missouri you should do what I do, Take a shot of Crown Royal and your nerves will be fine.

BOOMER

Norman Sooner
11/25/2007, 10:03 PM
The south Division champ is the visiting team this year....we are dooomed

derek430
11/25/2007, 10:12 PM
Well as long as English is playing i think we will win since are pass rush is alot better with him.

swardboy
11/25/2007, 10:17 PM
yes it our.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2007, 10:18 PM
Chill! It's just a game, Focker :-D

stoopified
11/25/2007, 10:26 PM
I would be nervous if I were playing Missou,but I'm 47 years old and twenty poundsoverweight.Fortunately I don't have to play,just watch my Sooners take care of business.

silverwheels
11/25/2007, 10:43 PM
I'll be nervous if we're down by a lot at halftime. Until then, I have faith that we're going to win by just as much as we did in Norman.

SoonerBOI
11/25/2007, 10:45 PM
What's the news on AE? Is he playing?

JohnnyMack
11/25/2007, 10:48 PM
**** mizzou.

Spanish Sooner
11/26/2007, 01:28 AM
what people don't mention is that although we are 1-2 in road games this year, we are 2-0 in nuetral site games(i'm counting tulsa as neutral site)

CORNholio
11/26/2007, 02:08 AM
Its an odd year so history says we're F'ed. I never liked history though.

SO FU HISTORY.

We play for the conf championship every damn year and the natty champ every 3 years so screw it. If we win--sweet. If not we'll be back 9 outta the next 10 years. Mizzou maybe 1 outta 10.

CORNholio
11/26/2007, 02:12 AM
Most of us are disappointed with a 2 loss season. Most of the big 12 would be ecstatic. We're there every year. We'll be there again. Hope we whoop the slavers, but no big deal if they get their moment in the sun for the first time in a century.

batonrougesooner
11/26/2007, 02:14 AM
what people don't mention is that although we are 1-2 in road games this year, we are 2-0 in nuetral site games(i'm counting tulsa as neutral site)

Last I checked, the word "Oklahoma" is not written in white letters on a crimson background in either endzone at Tulsa's stadium.

I'd call it an away game. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
11/26/2007, 03:17 AM
Last I checked, the word "Oklahoma" is not written in white letters on a crimson background in either endzone at Tulsa's stadium.

It oughtta be!

flopshotjoe99
11/26/2007, 09:20 AM
Mizz's 2nd half defense will get carved up by Sam & the boys, no worries.:cool:

SoonerGM
11/26/2007, 09:27 AM

I'd call it an away game. :rolleyes:

technically of course, you are correct, even though the crowd in the stands looked primarily crimson with a slight dash of blue that night :D

MamaMia
11/26/2007, 05:48 PM
Y'all suck at making me feel better. :D

Chrisrokc
11/26/2007, 06:03 PM
I hope Chase Daniel gets hit SOOO hard in the 1st quarter he can't play the rest of the game. Then we can put 40 plus up on the Mizzou and send them home crying to mommy.

Forever A Tiger
11/26/2007, 08:41 PM
I hope Chase Daniel gets hit SOOO hard in the 1st quarter he can't play the rest of the game. Then we can put 40 plus up on the Mizzou and send them home crying to mommy.

It is true that one of the QBs has been hit so hard in the first quarter he couldn't play the rest of the game. Oh yeah, that wasn't Chase Daniel.

Don't hold your breath for it to happen this game either. He took a very hard hit in the second half of the Illinois game and missed a grand total of one play.

DreamZ22
11/26/2007, 08:45 PM
It is true that one of the QBs has been hit so hard in the first quarter he couldn't play the rest of the game. Oh yeah, that wasn't Chase Daniel.

Don't hold your breath for it to happen this game either. He took a very hard hit in the second half of the Illinois game and missed a grand total of one play.

Ummm am I supposed to be scared because IM NOT!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 08:48 PM
No worries Mama...

We have Bob. They have Pinkel. I ll take that matchup anyday.

Widescreen
11/26/2007, 08:53 PM

If he takes a hit like that when he's finger's up his nose, he's going to have a problem. Given that OU beat Mizzou by double digits while essentially handing you 14 points, I'm not too concerned whether Daniel makes it through the game or not.

Dan Thompson
11/26/2007, 09:00 PM
I was more worried about the TT game than this one. If we play like we can, OSU game with no INT or penlties (2 for 10 yards vs OSU).

Hope the LB stays home a little more and not comment so early.

Forever A Tiger
11/26/2007, 09:26 PM
If he takes a hit like that when he's finger's up his nose, he's going to have a problem. Given that OU beat Mizzou by double digits while essentially handing you 14 points, I'm not too concerned whether Daniel makes it through the game or not.

You are funny! So now it's you handing us the points. Nice spin, too bad it won't help you Saturday night. And if you don't care if Chase makes it through the game you are either delusional or don't know anything about football. But hey, keep up the good talk. Maybe you'll even believe it at some point.

A Sooner in Texas
11/26/2007, 09:47 PM

He wins the Heisman in goldmining!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kEW8_KVhDFE

A Sooner in Texas
11/26/2007, 09:49 PM
You are funny! So now it's you handing us the points. Nice spin, too bad it won't help you Saturday night. And if you don't care if Chase makes it through the game you are either delusional or don't know anything about football. But hey, keep up the good talk. Maybe you'll even believe it at some point.

Way to talk Smack!!! :D :D :D :D

The Maestro
11/26/2007, 09:55 PM
I just want a tigger fan to admit that the QB they worship ate his booger on national T.V. Come on, just one of you admit it...and more respect to you for dealing with the reality of his protein diet.

85sooners
11/26/2007, 10:21 PM
**** mizzou.:D

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 10:29 PM
I was more worried about the TT game than this one.

And we lost that one, so....

hink4769
11/26/2007, 10:34 PM
Most of us are disappointed with a 2 loss season. Most of the big 12 would be ecstatic. We're there every year. We'll be there again. Hope we whoop the slavers, but no big deal if they get their moment in the sun for the first time in a century.
I think aggie lite would trade 5-10 wrestling national championships for a big 12 south championship.

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 10:36 PM
I think aggie lite would trade 5-10 wrestling national championships for a big 12 south championship.

I think Texas cashed in all their swimming trophies in 2005. :texan:

SoonerShark
11/26/2007, 10:42 PM

Actually, Chase Daniel will wear out soon. Chase looks like he's actually 58 years old with his heavily jowled face. George Blanda Daniel cannot play 13 games. He will be singing the "Green Green Grass of Home," since he's back home in Texas.

"Then I awake and look around me, at four grey wall surround me
and I realize that I was only dreaming.
For there's a guard and there's a sad old padre -
arm in arm we'll walk at daybreak.
Again I touch the green, green grass of home.
Yes, they'll all come to see me in the shade of that old oak tree
as they lay me neath the green, green grass of home."

sammmo
11/26/2007, 10:47 PM
I'm looking forward to a great game. We shut down better QB's in the past. As long as we play a somewhat clean game, we'll outscore them. Does anyone really think mizzou has the type of defense that could throw us off our game? The only way we lose is if we beat ourselves.

mdklatt
11/26/2007, 10:48 PM
Does anyone really think mizzou has the type of defense that could throw us off our game?

Does Iowa State? :O

jwlynn64
11/26/2007, 10:56 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. ;)

You don't make plans based on the abnormal but the normal. We did pretty good offensively most of the year. I'll lay my money that we do OK Saturday night.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/26/2007, 11:04 PM
To all you nervouse ones

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8602/stopswaggerjackinhz6.jpg

Widescreen
11/26/2007, 11:52 PM
What spin? If you people are going to say that you gave us points via turnovers, we get to say the same thing. It's not delusion - it's fact. If you can't admit it then you're obviously scared. Which is cool with me.

utex74
11/27/2007, 12:17 AM
It's from Fox so you can take it for what it's worth. A good perspective on pre-season rankings, though.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7490582?MSNHPHMA

yoseph
11/27/2007, 12:24 AM
we should be concerned about mizzou because they r a great team....but remember theres only one oklahoma....and stoopsy has been through a lot this year and i have a felling our guys will b very motivated fore this game....

silverwheels
11/27/2007, 01:13 AM
We didn't need Chase to be out of the game last year or earlier this year to beat MU and we won't need it on Saturday. We have been the better team by at least a decent margin in the last two contests. I don't see it changing just because Missouri managed to beat Kansas and is now ranked #1.

jwlynn64
11/27/2007, 01:20 AM
From afar, the Missouri Tigers' rise from the ranks of the unranked to national-title favorite in the span of four months seems as improbable and suspicious as some of the previous out-of-nowhere climbs this wacky season has produced.

... Yadda Yadda Yadda, excuse me while I quote myself from last year and pat myself on my back for being such a genius...

... Yadda Yadda Yadda, now I'll talk about all the great players on Mizzou's team that will be HOF NFL players in the next couple of years...

...Yadda Yadda Yadda, now let me oversimplify the lose to OU and make it seem like Mizzou actually won the game...

The experience against Oklahoma is the reason Mizzou had little trouble dispatching previously unbeaten Kansas over the weekend at Arrowhead Stadium. Daniel had been in the fire. Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing had not. Reesing didn't play well until the fourth quarter.

I expect the Tigers to avenge their loss to the Sooners. Oklahoma helped create this football Frankenstein. It will be good to see the Sooners destroyed by it.

Sorry for my editing the article. It was a little long and self congratulatory.

Exactly how are they the favorites to win the MNC when they aren't even the favorites to win the Big XII? And does anyone actually think of Mizzou as a "Football Frankenstein"?:rolleyes:

76soonergrad
11/27/2007, 01:35 AM
Are they hungry enough to win? How bad do they want it?

Can they take the pressure. We shall see.