PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here own a Bengal cat?

Jerk
11/25/2007, 08:56 PM
Thinking of getting one. Not now, but maybe a year or two. Surely one of you f'n hillbillies has one. What do you think?

http://www.bengal-cat.net/STUDS.143.jpg

Vaevictis
11/25/2007, 09:11 PM
It's a cat.

The only reason they don't kill you in your sleep is that they know that the gravy train will end.

Frozen Sooner
11/25/2007, 09:13 PM
I don't own one but I have friends who do.

If a cat that's hypoallergenic and will play with water is important enough to put in $800, they're awesome. Seriously-Matt and Barbara's Bengal is awesome. Plays with the dogs, will jump in a tub full of water and romp around, etc.

On the other hand, there's hundreds of kittens at the local shelter who could probably be pretty awesome pets as well and will cost less than $100.

Jimminy Crimson
11/25/2007, 09:14 PM
I've been interested in getting one for a while.

royalfan5
11/25/2007, 09:19 PM
if you are going to get an expensive cat, why not go all the way and get a bobcat?

Jerk
11/25/2007, 09:23 PM
if you are going to get an expensive cat, why not go all the way and get a bobcat?

I knew an artist from Mizzery, who would stay at my dad's house every so often while doing stuff at the Cowboy Hall of Fame. He made bronze statues, among other things. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked. One year he shows up with this bobcat kitten and I got to play with him...it was like a kitten on 'roids. Mean mofo. Heh. It grew up and one day (I heard) bit mr. Anderson's thumb off:eek:

JohnnyMack
11/25/2007, 09:27 PM
My wife's sister and her husband have one. He's awesome. Get one.

Or get a Maine Coon.

frankensooner
11/25/2007, 10:25 PM
Our neighbor has one. It is real good at escaping the house.

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 10:26 PM

IBTH

JohnnyMack
11/25/2007, 10:49 PM
Our neighbor has one. It is real good at escaping the house.

Yeah, they have an "independent streak" about them.

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 10:54 PM
I always wanted an Ocelot...

...just sayin.

royalfan5
11/25/2007, 11:04 PM
I always wanted an Ocelot...

...just sayin.
Do you know how to titillate an Ocelot?

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 11:10 PM
Do you know how to titillate an Ocelot?

OK...I'm afraid to answer this...but....NO.

Veritas
11/25/2007, 11:18 PM
If a cat that's hypoallergenic and will play with water is important enough to put in $800, they're awesome.
Hypoallergenic? This would eliminate my wife's only reason for not letting me have a cat.

Yah, I know how gay that sounds. **** off dip****!!!111

royalfan5
11/25/2007, 11:19 PM
OK...I'm afraid to answer this...but....NO.
You oscillate its tit a lot.

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 11:21 PM
You oscillate its tit a lot.

Damn thing might take a finger off if you did that! :eek:

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2007, 02:16 AM
Hypoallergenic? This would eliminate my wife's only reason for not letting me have a cat.

Yah, I know how gay that sounds. **** off dip****!!!111

Well, they may not be truly hypoallergenic, but many people who are allergic to cats aren't allergic to Bengals. I guess they don't lay down as much dander or something.

soonerboomer93
11/26/2007, 02:28 AM
I have 2 russian blues (not pure bred) who stay with my parents since i'm out of the country. My mom suffered from cat allergies and knew before they took the cats. She picked up something from the natural health food store before the cats came over to help. It's a liquid and you place a drop of it, increasing the amount over time. It helps you over come the allergies by basically exposing you to small amounts of the allergin and then increasing the amount over time allowing you to build up a tolerance.

goingoneight
11/26/2007, 03:14 AM
The only purebreed animal I really think I want eventually is a huskie dog. I've had lots of cats, though also. Nothing against them, I just think Huskies are cool looking.

1stTimeCaller
11/26/2007, 08:59 AM
an $800 cat?

only on the South Oval

TopDaugIn2000
11/26/2007, 09:19 AM
On the other hand, there's hundreds of kittens at the local shelter who could probably be pretty awesome pets as well and will cost less than $100.

WORD.

proud gonzo
11/26/2007, 09:22 AM
Well, they may not be truly hypoallergenic, but many people who are allergic to cats aren't allergic to Bengals. I guess they don't lay down as much dander or something.I think they're supposed to have a pelt rather than fur or something... I'm not sure what that means, but it's supposed to make a difference. if I knew someone with a bengal, I could test the hypothesis. :O

frankensooner
11/26/2007, 10:14 AM
Next time my neighbor's cat escapes, I will bring it over to ya! ;)

IB4OU2
11/26/2007, 10:18 AM
It looks like they would make nice bright targets...

C&CDean
11/26/2007, 11:30 AM
It looks like they would make nice bright targets...

Nice bright expensive targets.

Anybody who'd spend $800 on a ****ing cat gets what they deserve.

Jimminy Crimson
11/26/2007, 11:48 AM
an $800 cat?

only on the South Oval

Well you need to take something to the vet in the $43,000 Yukon!

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2007, 12:42 PM
I think they're supposed to have a pelt rather than fur or something... I'm not sure what that means, but it's supposed to make a difference. if I knew someone with a bengal, I could test the hypothesis. :O

And what makes you think you're not allergic to pelts?

proud gonzo
11/26/2007, 02:37 PM
And what makes you think you're not allergic to pelts?because I'm not allergic to tigers

C&CDean
11/26/2007, 03:00 PM
because I'm not allergic to tigers

And you know this how?

proud gonzo
11/26/2007, 03:20 PM
....because i've played with baby tigers :O

C&CDean
11/26/2007, 03:22 PM
....because i've played with baby tigers :O

So, which one are you? Sigfried or Roy?

soonerboomer93
11/26/2007, 06:02 PM
just check her for bite marks and we'll know

Animal Mother
11/26/2007, 06:35 PM
just check her for bite marks and we'll know

Sigfreid or Roy's or the cat's bite marks?

Seriously, go to the shelter. There will always be some poser that will slap down $800 for a Bengal. My wife and I have rescued many animals and the people that run shelters need help, so get a cat from them.
NOT THAT KIND OF HELP DEAN!!!

Jerk
11/26/2007, 07:32 PM
I've rescued my share of cats in my lifetime. Hand-fed the last one before her eyes opened (abandoned by mom). That one is 4 years old, now. It's my turn to be a poser. I'm going to get a dayammed bengal someday.

Dean, you should admire cats :) Short of a man with a rifle, they are they best hunters that walk on earth.

MamaMia
11/26/2007, 07:35 PM
There are Bengals in need of a loving home. :)

http://www.geocities.com/bengalrescue/

http://www.geocities.com/bengalrescue/adoptapet.html

soonerboomer93
11/26/2007, 07:43 PM
Sigfreid or Roy's or the cat's bite marks?

Seriously, go to the shelter. There will always be some poser that will slap down $800 for a Bengal. My wife and I have rescued many animals and the people that run shelters need help, so get a cat from them.
NOT THAT KIND OF HELP DEAN!!!

My first 2 cats were from an abandoned litter. Someone left them on the doorstep of a girl who worked for a vet. She happened to be a customer where I worked and asked me if I had interest. Went to get 1, ended up with 2 of them. Both were unfortunately hit by cars.

The 2 I have now were given to me by a coworkers from 2 different litters. I don't know why they never had mama fixed, since she kept going out and getting some from the same tom apparently. They're both fixed and indoor only females. I won't let them out because I lived real close to 75 when I was in Richardson, and my parents live very close to a busy road in Denver. One of them tried to bolt out 1 day after another cat who was just outside the door. Made it outside but was so suprised, she came right back in.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/26/2007, 08:01 PM
Since we're sharing cat stories...

Mom bought a pure bred Russian Blue for bout $400. Gorgeous animal.

About a week later, my brother and I were working cleaning up a car wash my dad owned, and heard a mewing coming from a dumpster. We looked in and someone had thrown away a little orange kitten. Dad told us it was in rough shape and probably wasn't going to live. But after our pleading to try and help it he agreed that he'd get it checked by the vet and at least bring it home to give it some comfort in its final hours. So the vet basically confirmed what my dad had said and told us not to expect it to live. Gave it a little bath and de-worming medicine and sent it home with us.

Well, the cat ended up responding and started eating (in fact, ate to the point that its little belly outgrew its legs, which was quite humorous) and finally got out of danger.

Anyway these two cats grew up with each other, but the Russian Blue died after only about 8 years due to a liver condition which I understand can run in that breed.

The scruffy little garbage can cat?

My mom had that precious (and I say precious because it kind of acted all the time like it was grateful for the rescue) animal for 23 years before it finally died a couple of years ago.

C&CDean
11/27/2007, 09:59 AM
Dean, you should admire cats :) Short of a man with a rifle, they are they best hunters that walk on earth.

And now you've hit the reason - exactly - why I don't care much for cats.

They remind me of the unethical goobers who call themselves hunters. You know the guys I'm talking about - the ones who'll take a 300 yard shot at a running deer. The ones who "just gotta kill somethin' dammit." The ones who feel no remorse when they drop a big buck or bull elk. The ones who really don't care how long the animal lays there kicking and suffering just so long as they have a trophy for the wall. The ones who couldn't give a **** about the meat. The ones who refuse to shoot a doe (even though the wildlife folks are begging hunters to take does) because it's not macho. The ones who spend the first hour after killing the animal taking pictures of it and them in all sorts of poses rather than gutting and skinning it down. In short, *******s without ethics who kill for fun.

I've watched way too many cats knock baby birds out of their nests and just play with them until they die a slow death. I've watched them toy with mice rather than kill them. I've watched them kill all kinds of little creatures without any intention of ever eating them. I've watched them leave a very loving and loyal family because the neighbor has better grub. In short, *******s without ethics who kill for fun.

Mjcpr
11/27/2007, 10:03 AM
I think it's obvious that at some point in Dean's life he very much loved a cat that left him for another.

C&CDean
11/27/2007, 10:13 AM
I think it's obvious that at some point in Dean's life he very much loved a cat that left him for another.

Now that you mention it, have I ever told you how much a cat is like a woman.......

Hamhock
11/27/2007, 10:19 AM
IBTH

only because i was out yesterday trying for another.

IB4OU2
11/27/2007, 10:23 AM
And now you've hit the reason - exactly - why I don't care much for cats.

They remind me of the unethical goobers who call themselves hunters. You know the guys I'm talking about - the ones who'll take a 300 yard shot at a running deer. The ones who "just gotta kill somethin' dammit." The ones who feel no remorse when they drop a big buck or bull elk. The ones who really don't care how long the animal lays there kicking and suffering just so long as they have a trophy for the wall. The ones who couldn't give a **** about the meat. The ones who refuse to shoot a doe (even though the wildlife folks are begging hunters to take does) because it's not macho. The ones who spend the first hour after killing the animal taking pictures of it and them in all sorts of poses rather than gutting and skinning it down. In short, *******s without ethics who kill for fun.

I've watched way too many cats knock baby birds out of their nests and just play with them until they die a slow death. I've watched them toy with mice rather than kill them. I've watched them kill all kinds of little creatures without any intention of ever eating them. I've watched them leave a very loving and loyal family because the neighbor has better grub. In short, *******s without ethics who kill for fun.

A cat won't bring your newspaper or find a covey or a bird when your'e hunting then retireve them after making the shot, herd cattle, bark at intruders, stay off the new furniture and meet you at the door every day wanting a pat on the head or scratch behind the ear. They will make your eyes itchy and try to suck the breath outta new born babies. I'm not a cat lover.

frankensooner
11/27/2007, 10:38 AM
A cat won't bring your newspaper or find a covey or a bird when your'e hunting then retireve them after making the shot, herd cattle, bark at intruders, stay off the new furniture and meet you at the door every day wanting a pat on the head or scratch behind the ear. They will make your eyes itchy and try to suck the breath outta new born babies. I'm not a cat lover.
And they don't like peanut butter ;)