PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Back to Triple Option...??

Blues1
11/25/2007, 08:48 PM
Latest LINK on Coaching Names for Huskers.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127392

Sounds Like Turner Gill .... To me ..... :)

Now Back to Fiesta Bowl Threads ..... :D

R'

tru2ou
11/25/2007, 09:06 PM
Both of these hires do nothing but keep Nebraskain 3rd of 4th place in the north.

On defense, LSU has probably 6 or 7 draft picks and 2 - 3 first rounders. What exactly has their defense done this year? For having that much talent, there no reason to give up that many points to Arkansas on your own field and never be able to stop them in OT.

Turner Gill would do exactly what Blake did for OU, appease the alumni and former players for a couple of years. He would have little success and in 3 - 4 years, he would be gone. If they hire him, its amazing how they are exactly following the failure path OU took in the 90's.

The only way for Nebraska to get it back in gear is to go out and find someone who understands Nebraska and he players they get. I think the est choice would be for them to get someone like Barry Alvarez and bring Gill in as the offensive coordinator witht he promise he would get the job in 5 years. Alvarez would play power football (not option football like Gill) and be able to recruit the kind of players they need.

The only other option is to go do what others have done and hire a young assistant who will outwork everyone else.

- Tru

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 09:10 PM
I found this interesting..thru 49 games Callahan was 27-22...Solich 41-8

r5TPsooner
11/25/2007, 09:16 PM
Nebraska is soooooooo dumb. They're getting what they deserve and I love it.

royalfan5
11/25/2007, 09:23 PM
Considering that Gill doesn't run the option at Buffalo I wouldn't get too excited about it. Also, NU never ran a traditional triple option offense either.

Blues1
11/25/2007, 09:34 PM
Considering that Gill doesn't run the option at Buffalo I wouldn't get too excited about it. Also, NU never ran a traditional triple option offense either.

Triple option - I didn't say it, the article did... :) - Triple option - I Option -- Run Run Run - However you say it - Huskers want teams Like the 90's --- Can you go back in Time...?? - - I guess anything is possible - But Doubtful -- JMHO - :)

Keep R'

Widescreen
11/25/2007, 09:39 PM
I believe NU always ran a double option. Basically the fullback knew when the play was called whether or not he was getting the ball. So the only option was QB keep or pitch.

sooneron
11/25/2007, 09:41 PM
I believe NU always ran a double option. Basically the fullback knew when the play was called whether or not he was getting the ball. So the only option was QB keep or pitch.
I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title. They didn't run the triple with Gill.

The double wing was kewl though.

royalfan5
11/25/2007, 09:58 PM
I think Osborne described it as a power running offense with some option elements. A lot of QB carries were designed runs as well.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 10:00 PM
All that running will get a QB killed, best regards, Larry Fedora and Zac Robinson

soonerboomer93
11/25/2007, 10:04 PM
you think Barry would leave his AD position to be a coach again?