PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fedora...idiot, said...

soonersnow
11/25/2007, 06:00 PM
Oklahoma's game plan may have been to knock sophomore quarterback Zac Robinson out of the game. In today's Oklahoman, Fedora was quoted as saying, "They were gonna make him pull the ball and let him run and see if they could knock him out of the game. I'm sure that was the plan."

IMHO, that, my friends, is one of the stupidest statements of the year...and OU ought to take offense to it. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me! What do you other Sooner fans think?

By-the-way, I just got back home from OKC and feel real good about our chances against Missouri. I've already got my reservations and tickets will be coming sometime next week.:O

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 06:02 PM
Any time your quarterback runs a lot, they're subject to getting injured, that much is true. To make him keep the ball...I think that's Robinson's decision, not OU's. Looked to me like if anything we were forcing him to pitch it, especially in the second half.

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 06:03 PM
Nothing unusual in making the QB try to beat you running the ball. That's usually preferable to letting the RB do it...unless it's Vince Young. Nothing unusual in trying to make the QB pay for it if he does run it either.

...but to actually have someone say it out loud? yeah, that's uncalled for.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 06:07 PM
So what if thats the gameplan. call different plays were he doesnt have an option to keep it

usmc-sooner
11/25/2007, 06:08 PM
did OU force them to run the zone read?

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 06:12 PM
In today's Oklahoman, Fedora was quoted as saying, "They were gonna make him pull the ball and let him run and see if they could knock him out of the game. I'm sure that was the plan."

Gee, you mean our defensive game plan was to keep the ball away from all their play makers?

:rolleyes:

SoonerObsession
11/25/2007, 07:16 PM
I guess OU's defense was supposed wave a red flag and holler "Ole". I did notice that our defense was hitting harder all around yesterday. I think it was because of the poor performance last week though.

soonerP_A_C
11/25/2007, 07:34 PM
I counted 3 times that Nic Harris could have plowed into Robinson on that zone read play but pulled up- I kind of wish he would have nailed him once or twice. Looked to me that Harris was being nice.

goingoneight
11/25/2007, 07:37 PM
"Take him out of the game" doesn't mean physically take him out.

If you box him in so that he has to earn his yards, you take away the threat he presents. We did the same thing with Vince Young... if he has nowhere to go but forward, he has to answer to OUr linebackers.

tommieharris91
11/25/2007, 07:40 PM
I counted 3 times that Nic Harris could have plowed into Robinson on that zone read play but pulled up- I kind of wish he would have nailed him once or twice. Looked to me that Harris was being nice.

On all of those plays Robinson was running the option. His reason for not hitting Robinson was so that he would pitch it off. The problem was that the man who should have accounted for the pitch man was not there. He could not cover both players.

stoopified
11/25/2007, 07:48 PM
In todays game keeping your QB healthy is good reason not to un option.It is bad for 2 reasons 1)It DOES get your QB beat up,2)the pounding hampers your QB in the passing game beacuse of A)Physical toll it takes on his body,B(Practicing option takes away from time to work on passing game.That is what makes Tebow so special although I question if he can continue to run and pass for two more years without serious injury.Robinson and McGee are two examples IMHO of QBs whose passing suffers because of running the option.

Jimminy Crimson
11/25/2007, 08:52 PM
Sounds like Fedora is admitting that Zac is all that their offense is...

Was? :D

MichiganSooner
11/25/2007, 09:44 PM
Don't be too hard on Fedora. After all, that was the World's Most Powerful Offense on Owen Field yesterday. The most balanced, too. The only one with equal average yardage per game through the air or on the ground.

I was impressed...especially at the goal line.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 09:48 PM
In todays game keeping your QB healthy is good reason not to un option.It is bad for 2 reasons 1)It DOES get your QB beat up,2)the pounding hampers your QB in the passing game beacuse of A)Physical toll it takes on his body,B(Practicing option takes away from time to work on passing game.That is what makes Tebow so special although I question if he can continue to run and pass for two more years without serious injury.Robinson and McGee are two examples IMHO of QBs whose passing suffers because of running the option.
Tebow has a broken right hand, but they expect him to play in their next game whenever that is

SOONER STEAKER
11/25/2007, 09:49 PM
Maybe Robinson should have come to OU and then we would have been trying to take out that "chicken eater" Reid.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 09:49 PM
"Take him out of the game" doesn't mean physically take him out.

If you box him in so that he has to earn his yards, you take away the threat he presents. We did the same thing with Vince Young... if he has nowhere to go but forward, he has to answer to OUr linebackers.
Read the quote above, it says knock him out of the game, not take him out of the game

TheHumanAlphabet
11/25/2007, 09:50 PM
So, for a guy who has been traveling and just saw the LosuR game on TIVO, did Zac get hurt?

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 09:57 PM
So, for a guy who has been traveling and just saw the LosuR game on TIVO, did Zac get hurt?
Supposedly hurt his shoulder; Reid played most of the 4th quarter

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 09:58 PM
Did Fedora say the same thing when ATM gave Zac a concussion?

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2007, 10:01 PM
If OU wanted to hurt him they would have arm tackled less and used more helmet.

I didn't want him hurt, but I wanted him to get hit more often and harder. A QB has to pay a price for all those keepers.

sooneron
11/25/2007, 10:01 PM
Fedora is a fag. He should know that any time a defender sees a qb in space, he is going to lick his chops and look to light him up.
A Payne county judge needs to issue a gag order (not the choke variety, they're all ready good at that) on the lOSUr coaching staff.

Ash
11/25/2007, 10:33 PM
I hope our defense is always trying to hurt the opposing QB.

Not dirty plays or illegal hits, not trying to disable the guy. But when they hit him and anyone else on offense I hope they're bringing a big ol' fashioned a$$ whupping hit with them. This is tackle football, wussies.

Piware
11/25/2007, 11:54 PM
Fedora is a moron. Why don't they just paint a big red bullseye on Robinson? He is the only offense they have and they risk his hide on every carry - then whine when someone hits him. Sheesh!

AzianSooner
11/26/2007, 02:21 AM
Sometime I feel that I am pretty stupid and during my stupidity session, I see guys like Larry Fedora is even stupidier.

That's life ... there are stupiditors walking every where.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/26/2007, 06:08 AM
Supposedly hurt his shoulder; Reid played most of the 4th quarter

I saw that, TV guys didn't say much. Just thought Gundy was switching them out as the game was out of reach.

ruf/nekdad
11/26/2007, 06:48 AM
Sometime I feel that I am pretty stupid and during my stupidity session, I see guys like Larry Fedora is even stupidier.

That's life ... there are stupiditors walking every where.

We are infested with them. I blame my friends in the legal business. They have forced us to take the sharp edges off of everything. Nothing like a sharp edge here and there to thin the gene pool.

OU4LIFE
11/26/2007, 07:57 AM
did OU force them to run the zone read?

no, we just forced their OC to whine like a little bitch. The worlds most powerful offense looked like the worlds largest turd Saturday night.

PLaw
11/26/2007, 08:32 AM
Wow, how things have changed since the wishbone days when a good defense would put a lick on the QB on every play. That said, I don't think Fedora's comment meant OU's plan was to hurt his QB, but to limit his effectiveness. On the other hand, if he thought OU wanted to intentionally hurt his player, then shame on him. If Fedora feels he needs to put a skirt on Zac, then he will never produce the "Greatest Offense on Earth"...

BOOMER

oudivesherpa
11/26/2007, 08:37 AM
Did Read order extra crispy on Saturday? Seemed like his play was toast.

picasso
11/26/2007, 01:15 PM
the name is Zeke!!!!!!

Animal Mother
11/26/2007, 01:53 PM
Wow, how things have changed since the wishbone days when a good defense would put a lick on the QB on every play. That said, I don't think Fedora's comment meant OU's plan was to hurt his QB, but to limit his effectiveness. On the other hand, if he thought OU wanted to intentionally hurt his player, then shame on him. If Fedora feels he needs to put a skirt on Zac, then he will never produce the "Greatest Offense on Earth"...

BOOMER

I saw the OU defense hit Thomas Lott harder than Robinson in practice.
Just kidding. Robinson needs to run like J.C.Watts and spin move out of the hard hits. As far as Fedora, he's an Aggie coach. If he meant we intentionally looked to hurt their QB then he is brain deadish.