PDA

View Full Version : My last "real" round of finals approacheth.

Okla-homey
11/25/2007, 02:07 PM
I have one more semester left after this one. Next semester, having already taken all the substantive and "bar" courses I need to grajitate, I signed-up for a bunch of cheezy courses next semester which lack finals...except for one. "Selling and leasing." I find those transactional courses pretty easy though.

Therefore, all I gotta do is survive this round with three finals which starts in a week and it's just about in the bag. That, and go to class next semester. Then, there's that little matter of the bar exam.

Here's the thing, I am now quite sure law skool could be accomplished in two years. Two and half tops.

I reckon that third year is part of the law perfessor full employment conspiracy. I suspect the Tri-lateral Commission, the folks who blew up the New Orleans levees and the folks who rigged the WTC to collapse on 9/11 are in on it.;)

olevetonahill
11/25/2007, 02:35 PM
Grats Homey , you kids grow up so fast .
What kinda Lawyering are ya gonna do ?

Okla-homey
11/25/2007, 03:51 PM
Grats Homey , you kids grow up so fast .
What kinda Lawyering are ya gonna do ?

Mostly defense. Defending docs who get sued, insurance companies when they get sued by one of their policy holders, as well as regular folks who get sued when their insurance company pays us to defend them. We also do some work for some Tribes. That and a smidge of plaintiff's work.

olevetonahill
11/25/2007, 03:58 PM
Sos ya gonna be seeing some jury time huh ?
Cool

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 04:16 PM
Congratulations to ya and like I say FINISH!

Okla-homey
11/25/2007, 04:18 PM
Sos ya gonna be seeing some jury time huh ?
Cool

They hired me because they thought they could make a litigator outta me. We shall see.

Soonerus
11/25/2007, 05:38 PM
They hired me because they thought they could make a litigator outta me. We shall see.

Will you be in OKC or Tulsa ????

Okla-homey
11/25/2007, 06:58 PM
Will you be in OKC or Tulsa ????

Tulsa baybee. Nothin' against OKC mind you, but as you know, the profession is kinda clique-ish. ;)

TUSooner
11/26/2007, 09:59 AM
I was about to ask our "smart boy" about your law skule progress.

I'm sure you'll be a swell litigator.
But it might put the "tire" in your retirement. :D

Okla-homey
11/26/2007, 10:12 AM
I was about to ask our "smart boy" about your law skule progress.

I'm sure you'll be a swell litigator.
But it might put the "tire" in your retirement. :D

but arguin' is fun! Heck, that's why most people post here.:D

TexasLidig8r
11/26/2007, 11:50 AM
When is your "morals-ectomy" surgery scheduled?

If you're going to be a fellow blood sucker, you are required to have all morals removed in what is a relatively pain free procedure.

:D

47straight
11/27/2007, 12:46 AM
What are the three classes?

Preservation Parcels
11/27/2007, 01:06 AM
Homey,

I'm praying for you as you go through the last of the classes and then pass the bar exam. Use your power for good!

frankensooner
11/27/2007, 10:18 AM
It took over ten years of marriage for my wife to break me of shaping the facts to fit my argument. ;)

You will be fine. The Oklahoma section of the bar is cake. It is just issue spotting. You should just study the crap out of the multi-state portion. I think you will do just fine.

olevetonahill
11/27/2007, 11:43 AM
I wanted to be an attorney But I could nevar pass
" A BAR " :)

Okla-homey
11/27/2007, 01:35 PM
What are the three classes?

DET, A&P and Crim Pro/Police Practices.