11/25/2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

TheUnnamedSooner
11/25/2007, 01:23 PM
Here's to the curse of #2!

meoveryouxinfinity
11/25/2007, 01:25 PM
Weird.
I can't decide who is more overrated: KU, Georgia, or Va Tech.

Socrefbek
11/25/2007, 01:28 PM
LSU is also overrated. Sooners should be at #4

Blues1
11/25/2007, 01:31 PM
Georgia Number 4 ..??? - Somebody is getting Paid,,,,, :(

SteelClip49
11/25/2007, 01:32 PM
Georgia is getting a lot of love.

Also, look at the bottom, #37 Oklahoma State at 6-6 receiving some votes. Texas A&M should be getting some love; their only bad loss was to Miami.

r5TPsooner
11/25/2007, 01:34 PM
I see that the love affair with LSU still has not mother******* ended!

GottaHavePride
11/25/2007, 01:37 PM
Holy bad formatting, Batman!

;)

meoveryouxinfinity
11/25/2007, 01:42 PM
LSU is also overrated. Sooners should be at #4
But...but....it took 6 OTs to beat LSU (twice).

At least we didn't get jumped by a team who lost to Stanford like in the AP poll.

SOONERxWife73
11/25/2007, 02:04 PM
OK... there were 4 top ten teams that lost. We won by 32 pts, and only moved up one place? I smell a stinking RAT!!!! that's fine. guess it doesn't really matter as far as we are concerned (rankings, that is). KILL MISERY!!! :)

Boffingham
11/25/2007, 02:06 PM
but what if we beat Missouri...the #1 team, not once, but twice

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 02:11 PM
The ratings are fine. We play better as an underdog, with a chip on our shoulder, especially as we're getting so little respect AND Mizzou is now revising history to say that *they* gave it away. Fine.

Mizzou plays like they did last night and we play like we did yesterday and it won't even be close.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 02:13 PM
The SEC isn't mediocre they are all just so darn good.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :O :(

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 02:14 PM
I'm all for being critical of the rankings -- seems that's almost what they are there for...
...but for my 2 cents: I say keep in perspective that we lost to CU and TT, and yet we're still in the top 10. We don't have a lot to complain about. IMHO :)

TXBOOMER
11/25/2007, 02:15 PM
Who are the six MF'ers that voted theOSU #1? What a joke. I hate theOSU. Just think, we are going to give them a spot in the NC game if we beat Mizzou.

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 02:16 PM
Complaining about Georgia being #4...now that's a very good complaint!

meoveryouxinfinity
11/25/2007, 02:18 PM
Complaining about Georgia being #4...now that's a very good complaint!
Not winning their division. :rolleyes:

Collier11
11/25/2007, 02:20 PM
Not winning their division. :rolleyes:

we didnt win our conf but still played for a natl title once :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 02:22 PM
Out of the 2-loss teams I'm not sure that Georgia's not the worst of them, and they're certainly not the best. :confused:

yoseph
11/25/2007, 02:36 PM
this is all nonsense, look at the teams we beat and lost to....if we beat #1 Mizzou and WV loses we should be the forst 2-loss team in the nc....and f u put aside the all the politics and pick the the 2 best teams, u would have to say it is between LSU and OU

1. Mizzou(gonna lose to OU)
2.WV(who have they played....SF must have been huge challenge....)
3. OSU(who have they played....michigan?)
4.Georgia(they belong right up their with OU andLSU...but didnt make it to conference title game)
5.LSU(politics aside....they r the best team along with OU and the only team in the top 10 that would challenge OU)
6.v tech(they do not belong in any big games becasue the two that they have played were both jokes ....and my cousin is an annoying alumni)
7.Kansas(good team but there run is over and they lost there one big game)
8. Usuck(y is everyone on their bandwagon after every 3 game winstreak...they have proved that this is not their year and would let down in the second half against OU/LSU)
9.OU(#9? this is a joke we have prove that we stumble against unranked teams this year(although bradford was injured) ...but once we beat mizzou we will show that we match better against great teams...and thats wat is need for a national contender.
10.Florida(would give any team a run for their money and should be #3 behind LSU and OU)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 04:58 PM
Is the next coaches poll the one were their votes are made public?

SoonerMom2
11/25/2007, 05:18 PM
As a reminder tOSU played Youngstown State (Div 1-AA), Kent State, and Akron -- the last two bottom dwellers of the MAC on a regular basis.

Who was the moron that voted for Okie State to be in the Top 25 with a 6-6 record?

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 06:04 PM
Who was the moron that voted for Okie State to be in the Top 25 with a 6-6 record?

Does T Boone get a vote?

TUSooner
11/25/2007, 06:12 PM
I can't believe OhSU is still in consideration. Amazing. They played nobody, then lost a game to nobody, then played a mediocre Michigan team. If they get to the BCSCG, I hope they get hammered to bits. If they get there and do anything but win in a convincing way, I'll say they were unworthy.
And Georgia doesn't even make their own CCG.....

Collier11
11/25/2007, 06:56 PM
this is all nonsense, look at the teams we beat and lost to....if we beat #1 Mizzou and WV loses we should be the forst 2-loss team in the nc....and f u put aside the all the politics and pick the the 2 best teams, u would have to say it is between LSU and OU

1. Mizzou(gonna lose to OU)
2.WV(who have they played....SF must have been huge challenge....)
3. OSU(who have they played....michigan?)
4.Georgia(they belong right up their with OU andLSU...but didnt make it to conference title game)
5.LSU(politics aside....they r the best team along with OU and the only team in the top 10 that would challenge OU)
6.v tech(they do not belong in any big games becasue the two that they have played were both jokes ....and my cousin is an annoying alumni)
7.Kansas(good team but there run is over and they lost there one big game)
8. Usuck(y is everyone on their bandwagon after every 3 game winstreak...they have proved that this is not their year and would let down in the second half against OU/LSU)
9.OU(#9? this is a joke we have prove that we stumble against unranked teams this year(although bradford was injured) ...but once we beat mizzou we will show that we match better against great teams...and thats wat is need for a national contender.
10.Florida(would give any team a run for their money and should be #3 behind LSU and OU)

lsu the best team?? they should have 5 losses:rolleyes:

meoveryouxinfinity
11/25/2007, 07:03 PM
we didnt win our conf but still played for a natl title once :rolleyes:
And aren't people supposed to learn from history?

stoopified
11/25/2007, 07:31 PM
Georgia Number 4 ..??? - Somebody is getting Paid,,,,, :(
How can they be #4 in the country when they are no better than #3 in the SEC behind LSU and TU who beat them 35-14.All this BSC(Bowl Series Crap) would be avoided with my playoff systemAND OU would still be in the hunt.

PLaw
11/25/2007, 08:26 PM
Weird.
I can't decide who is more overrated: KU, Georgia, or Va Tech.

As a Big 12 homer, it hurts me to say that it's probably KU, followed by Va Tech, then UGA.

Boomer

PLaw
11/25/2007, 08:37 PM
How can they be #4 in the country when they are no better than #3 in the SEC behind LSU and TU who beat them 35-14.All this BSC(Bowl Series Crap) would be avoided with my playoff systemAND OU would still be in the hunt.

It seems foul to me that UGA isn't playing in the SE Greatest Conference on Earth Championship. Granted they didn't win the right on the field, but you would think that the participants in that game would have a higher ranking than a team sitting and watching it. Chalk up another point against human polls.

I would clearly be okay with LSU above UGA, but I'm not sure LSU is worthy of No. 4. At 10-2, they could have easily been 12-0 or 8-4, or worse.

BOOMER

Collier11
11/25/2007, 10:33 PM
And aren't people supposed to learn from history?

nothing is ever learned in college football and nothing is ever done the right way...you should know that by now

jwlynn64
11/25/2007, 11:28 PM
lsu the best team?? they should have 5 losses:rolleyes:

But they don't and their only two loses have come in overtime. Don't forget how we had a couple of really close calls in 2000 before the end of the season.

We probably should have lost at aTm and just about gave one away to osu that year.

Easy wins are great but it all boils down to a win is a win.

Collier11
11/25/2007, 11:49 PM
I think the whole point, especially in a crazy year like this is that there is NO Great team. So we basically just depend of voters and computers to tell us who it is(sounds alot like pre-bcs)