PDA

View Full Version : They Now Say Cotton for OU....

Blues1
11/25/2007, 11:40 AM
The Fools at CBS Bowl Predictions.....(It Changes everyday)

Plan Your Trip to Arizona - Forget what "THEY" Think - :eek:
We Will Beat Mizzou...!!
Blues1

Outback Jan. 1 Tampa ESPN Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Wisconsin vs. Tennessee

Cotton Jan. 1 Dallas FOX Big 12 No. 2/3 vs. SEC Oklahoma vs. Arkansas

Gator Jan. 1 Jacksonville, Fla. CBS ACC No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12 Virginia vs. Texas Tech

Capital One Jan. 1 Orlando ABC Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2 Illinois vs. Florida

Rock On' --- :)

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 12:50 PM
No, i don't want to play Arkie; we already played them in the Cotton Bowl plus 2 Orange Bowls; how about a name school we haven't played instead?

Blues1
11/25/2007, 12:59 PM
No, i don't want to play Arkie; we already played them in the Cotton Bowl plus 2 Orange Bowls; how about a name school we haven't played instead?

Don't worry we are NOT going there.....:)
TACO"S.....!!!!

r5TPsooner
11/25/2007, 01:01 PM
30 degree weather games do not excite me especially in the dump that they call the Cotton Bowl. However, 80 degree games do in a stadium with a retractable roof.

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2007, 01:10 PM
SOONERS, heed the words of Horace Greely as I did.

Blues1
11/25/2007, 01:20 PM
SOONERS, heed the words of Horace Greely as I did.

Blues1 say's

"Go West Sooner Man and stop in Glendale, Arizona and Kick Some Azz"

IS it Glendale or Tempe ..?? -- Wherever - Just Kick Azz in Arizona ..... :)

R'

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 02:03 PM
Glendale, UoPhx Stadium. I think the Insight Bowl is the only one played at Sun Devil Stadium anymore.

yermom
11/25/2007, 02:47 PM
why would the Cotton Bowl pick OU over Kansas?

i would think it's going to be Glendale or San Diego

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 02:50 PM
The prevailing "wisdom" among the pundits is that if Mizzou wins the CCG that they will go to the BCS-CG and the Fiesta will choose a one loss KU. That would leave OU to the Cotton.

yermom
11/25/2007, 02:55 PM
ok, i forgot about the Fiesta needing someone else since Mizzou would be in New Orleans

i'm ambivalent on the Cotton Bowl. on one hand, it's close, and cheap. on the other hand, i'm in Dallas all the time, and it's going to be F'ing cold

kevpks
11/25/2007, 02:58 PM
CFN predicts OU to the Fiesta, Mizzou to the Orange, and the Pokes to the Insight.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/704758.html

yermom
11/25/2007, 03:03 PM
if OU beats Mizzou wouldn't KU be ranked higher?

if we do win, it would probably be another year where a 3rd Big 12 team gets screwed by the no 3 teams from the same conference rule

SoonerShark
11/25/2007, 03:26 PM
if OU beats Mizzou wouldn't KU be ranked higher?

if we do win, it would probably be another year where a 3rd Big 12 team gets screwed by the no 3 teams from the same conference rule

It would be sad if KU passed MU after MU beat them just 8 days before. That truly would make no sense. I am not happy that MU beat KU. I wanted to play a team that we had not played in the regular season, which is much more fun. Playing KSU and CU in years that we had already defeated them seemed lukewarm at best. KU had three trips to the red zone that resulted in 0 points last night. Very disheartening.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2007, 04:16 PM
They have Michigan vs. Aggie in the Alamo Bowl or the Bowl Without Coaches.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 04:20 PM
It would be sad if KU passed MU after MU beat them just 8 days before. That truly would make no sense. I am not happy that MU beat KU. I wanted to play a team that we had not played in the regular season, which is much more fun. Playing KSU and CU in years that we had already defeated them seemed lukewarm at best. KU had three trips to the red zone that resulted in 0 points last night. Very disheartening.

Mizzou would have 2 losses; KU 1

soonersn2007
11/25/2007, 04:34 PM
CFN predicts OU to the Fiesta, Mizzou to the Orange, and the Pokes to the Insight.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/704758.html
So we get to play a Arizona State team that will have homefield advantage, :rolleyes:

kevpks
11/25/2007, 04:37 PM
Mizzou would have 2 losses; KU 1

MU would be 0-2 vs. OU while KU would be 0-0 against OU. I think there is also something to be said for winning your division. I would have no problem with MU getting the Orange Bowl invite.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 04:41 PM

That was one cold sucker that day. Did get a neat little retractable phone line from SBC going in the door. Also remember security being very tight that day as well.

One of the greatest defensive games I have seen OU play.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 04:45 PM
That was one cold sucker that day. Did get a neat little retractable phone line from SBC going in the door. Also remember security being very tight that day as well.

One of the greatest defensive games I have seen OU play.
Didn't they only give up like 50 yards total?

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 04:48 PM
MU would be 0-2 vs. OU while KU would be 0-0 against OU. I think there is also something to be said for winning your division. I would have no problem with MU getting the Orange Bowl invite.
Unfortunately this is the problem you run into with conference championship games

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 04:50 PM
Didn't they only give up like 50 yards total?

50 yards total, and all of that in the 4th quarter. Matt Jones was lit up every time they brought him in the game

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 05:17 PM
It has occurred to me that should OU take care of business in the CCG, the MNC game will most likely be between WVU and tOSU. OU will not be there despite beating a team twice (Mizzou) who beat the only team to beat tOSU (Illinois) and who is the only opponent tOSU faced who is currently ranked. I'm aware of that the transitive property of wins game is generally pretty futile, but this just doesn't seem right.

I'm not arguing that OU should be in the MNC game in tOSU's stead (it's difficult for any 2-loss) team to claim they "deserve" to play for the title, but tOSU are WVU got where they are by facing questionable competition. I doubt many people outside Ohio and West Virginia truly believe these are the two best teams in the country.

Should the BCS title game feature WVU and tOSU, this is the season for fans to storm the BCS gates carrying torches and pitchforks. It's time for a change.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2007, 09:23 PM
Should osu retain the services of Tim Beckman, this is the season for fans to storm Mike Holder's office carrying torches and pitchforks. It's time for a change.

Fixed it for ya.

Sooner_Havok
11/25/2007, 09:35 PM
I didn't really care until I saw this...

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bowlprojections12)

WTF??????? They Say that LSU still plays for the NC!!! If that happens, so help me god I will choke about ten ESPN bitches!

Blues1
11/25/2007, 09:39 PM

WTF??????? They Say that LSU still plays for the NC!!! If that happens, so help me god I will choke about ten ESPN bitches!

IF anything like the last few years 'THESE PREDICTION GUYS" are about 40% correct -- OR about 60% Wrong.... :eek:

Widescreen
11/25/2007, 09:43 PM

Yeah, well they still have Oregon going to the Rose Bowl too.

Sooner_Havok
11/25/2007, 09:45 PM
I had to check the dates, they did that sh*t last night :eek: Seriously man, WTF??!!11

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 09:54 PM
IF anything like the last few years 'THESE PREDICTION GUYS" are about 40% correct -- OR about 60% Wrong.... :eek:
Kinda like Blevins, eh?

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 10:33 PM
I had to check the dates, they did that sh*t last night :eek: Seriously man, WTF??!!11
Here is the date from that link

Updated: November 24, 2007, 11:55 AM ET

That would be yesterday (Saturday) at 10:55 AM Oklahoma time. Well before most of the days games had started. That is for week 12, if you look at Week 11 it is dated November 14.

Jmorales22
11/25/2007, 11:58 PM
Here is the date from that link

That would be yesterday (Saturday) at 10:55 AM Oklahoma time. Well before most of the days games had started. That is for week 12, if you look at Week 11 it is dated November 14.

LSU lost to Arkansas on friday, November 23rd. Still, I think it's a mistake.

RedstickSooner
11/26/2007, 05:32 AM
If we lose the conference championship game, I don't care what bowl we go to.

Yes, I realize that, as a fan, I'm spoiled. And have unreasonable expectations for the team.

However, barring another game where Bradford rides the pines, watching the butterflies dance around his head, we should kick the snot out of Missouri.