PDA

View Full Version : How Long Until T.Boone Boots Gundy?

stoopified
11/25/2007, 01:23 AM
The man(after all he IS 40) has a three year record of 17-19.When you look further at his record you see the rather poor quality of many of the Poke wins under gundy.He has beaten Floeida Atlantic(thrice)),Arkansas State(twice),Sam Houston State,Montana State,Missouri State,Baylor (twice).What all these teams have in common is that they are either non D-1 or perennial members of THE BOTTOM 20 of D-1 football.These pitiful teams constitute over half(10/17ths to be precise) of his wins.Ilaughed as I heard the Neon Orange crowd in Stoolwater and in area eaterys talk about Gundy being THE COACH to lead them to the Promised Land.What on Earth wuld make anyone believe that?

Les Miles (in spite of the fact he is an a$$hole) did a great job at osu and certainly DID NOT leave the Pokes devoid of talent.Three years later however and Coach(I'm a man)Gundy still has a losing record even while feasting on cupcakes.New facilities not withstanding I queston how long the TRUE POWER at T.Boone State will tolerate continued mediocrity.I think Mike has 2 years to go before he sees the door.If he can't pull out at least (1) 8-9 win season I think he is gone bye-bye.Personally I like having him as a target,he is so easy .Should we take up a collection for a KEEP Gundy campaign? I wanted to keep Callanberger but Gumby is the next best thing.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 01:27 AM
Rumor is that TBP wants to give an offer sheet to Bear Bryant

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2007, 04:09 AM
Gundy was T Booger's hire just like Callahan was Pederson's hire. Neither will admit that they f'd up.

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 05:28 AM
OSU has a lot of skill on offense, but their defense has no playmakers and absolutely no speed; till they shore that up they will always be mediocre at best

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 05:54 AM
Good article on Les Miles:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7482072

fadada1
11/25/2007, 08:28 AM
17-19????

that's nearly .500!!!!

should we expect more from the pokes???

Rocker
11/25/2007, 08:53 AM
Who cares if and when he's ever booted

yur-out
11/25/2007, 09:09 AM
Who cares if and when he's ever booted
I care. Look at all the fun we've had with Gumby quotes this year. Along with the results of yesterdays ball game, I hope Mikey is around for a long long time.

bringit
11/25/2007, 10:35 AM
Gundy is as good as it gets there. .500 is as realistic as it gets there.

westcoast_sooner
11/25/2007, 12:21 PM
Boone will give Gundy at least two more seasons, IMO. Unless they just completely implode next season, they'll continue to believe that their "return to national prominence" is just around the corner. This completely deluded mentality, along with a weak-sister non-conference schedule will make their team look better than it is.

Gundy will continue to win a game here and there that he should lose, and lose more that he should win. Finally, toward the end of the 2009, the light will come on (briefly) in stoolwater, and they'll move "THE MAN" over to lifetime director of intramurals or something, and they'll make an attempt at finding some other big name coach, someone who can lead them to a 7 - 5 season.

TXBOOMER
11/25/2007, 12:27 PM
I wonder how old T Booger liked that game yesterday. :)

tulsaoilerfan
11/25/2007, 12:45 PM
17-19????

that's nearly .500!!!!

Based on their history that has to be better than their average. :D

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2007, 12:49 PM
I wonder how old T Booger liked that game yesterday. :)I bet he gave Gumby a good chewin'.

T Booger "You didn't beat them gooners! What the f am I spending all this money for? If you don't straighten up I will fire you and hire some other flunky!"

Rocker
11/25/2007, 01:42 PM
I care. Look at all the fun we've had with Gumby quotes this year. Along with the results of yesterdays ball game, I hope Mikey is around for a long long time.

OK I agree

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 01:43 PM
Gundy is as good as it gets there. .500 is as realistic as it gets there.

We're bowl eligible for what that's worth, for the 5th time in the last 6 years, only the second time that's happened in program history. Gundy took over Oklahoma State. It's not like he's going .500 at say, Nebraska.

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2007, 01:47 PM
We're bowl eligible for what that's worth, for the 5th time in the last 6 years, only the second time that's happened in program history. Gundy took over Oklahoma State. It's not like he's going .500 at say, Nebraska.You are a class guy NYC but your team sucks.
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/Logos/Shreveport.jpg

stoopified
11/25/2007, 05:29 PM
We're bowl eligible for what that's worth, for the 5th time in the last 6 years, only the second time that's happened in program history. Gundy took over Oklahoma State. It's not like he's going .500 at say, Nebraska.Yeah but Miles was 27 or 28-21in his four years at T.Boone State,its not like Gundy took over a team that was 17-27-1 in the four years preceding Mike(unlike OU which WAS 17-27-1 in the 4 years preceding Bob).On top of that almost 60% of his wins are against the dregs of college football.His 1 quality win (in three years) was over Big12 North Champ Nebraska last year,beyond that?Nada.

It may be just me but I have a problem with 6-6 teams being BOWL ELIGIBLE.That was fine when we played 11 games but not for a 12 game season.What happened to the rule excluding non D-1 wins from counting toward the eligibility?Without non D-1 wins (Sam Houston this year,some other chump team last year) there are is no 6 win mark.

yermom
11/25/2007, 05:33 PM
to be fair, Miles did leave him with a bunch of players he kicked off the team

NYC Poke
11/25/2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah but Miles was 27 or 28-21in his four years at T.Boone State,its not like Gundy took over a team that was 17-27-1 in the four years preceding Mike(unlike OU which WAS 17-27-1 in the 4 years preceding Bob).On top of that almost 60% of his wins are against the dregs of college football.His 1 quality win (in three years) was over Big12 North Champ Nebraska last year,beyond that?Nada.

It may be just me but I have a problem with 6-6 teams being BOWL ELIGIBLE.That was fine when we played 11 games but not for a 12 game season.What happened to the rule excluding non D-1 wins from counting toward the eligibility?Without non D-1 wins (Sam Houston this year,some other chump team last year) there are is no 6 win mark.

Yeah, I also realize that I'm making and apples/oranges comparison because of the change in eligibility rules, and because of the proliferation of bowls.

The number of bowls is a little silly, but I have difficulty finding fault in it. It gives the players and fans a chance to go somewhere fun, and gives the coaches the opportunity to work with their players more for the next season. Also, it extends the football season for fans like me. :D

Besides, it's not like most bowl invitations are handed out like prestigious awards of merit. We all know there's a difference between going to the Fiesta Bowl and the jimslawnmowerrepair.com Bowl. The only thing I don't like about it is it makes for some pretty inane comparisons of conference strength based on bowl records.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 05:37 PM
Whoever takes Miles place at LSU will probably have to do the same thing

Stitch Face
11/25/2007, 05:46 PM
I have a problem with 6-6 teams being BOWL ELIGIBLE.That was fine when we played 11 games

:confused:

AverageJoe
11/25/2007, 05:50 PM
Oklahoma State Cowboy's the Worst Team Money Can Buy

Piware
11/25/2007, 06:16 PM
I wonder how old T Booger liked that game yesterday. :)

I'll bet the Booger man was wheels up before the middle of the third quarter. Hope nobody gave him a suite pass and he was freezing his wrinkled old backside off sitting outside in the weather.

BillyBall
11/25/2007, 06:32 PM
Whoever takes Miles place at LSU will probably have to do the same thing

The name "Ryan Perrilloux" quickly comes to mind. How many times does that kat need to get arrested before he gets kicked off the team?

sooneron
11/25/2007, 09:29 PM
I was wondering this topic yesterday and all I could come up with was three years.

Mixer!
11/25/2007, 09:32 PM
Never.

T. Boone was the one who forced [hairGel] onto :les:'s staff as the OC.

:les: is batsh*t crazy, but even he saw the writing on the wall and bolted.

Pickens runs the show now, and all the other aggroid alumnae's combined wealth can't dislodge Boone's. Whether they like it or not, they're stuck with him forever, even after Boone passes from this life.

Enjoy, :stunned: ones.

Flying Scotsman
11/25/2007, 10:54 PM
17-19????

that's nearly .500!!!!

He's a man!! He may win 40?