PDA

View Full Version : To the guy screaming obseneties

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 01:03 AM
Everytime OU ran the ball today and screaming at Wilson and Venables all game. 2 things.

1. Neither one heres you but the 8 year old boy sitting in front of me did.
2. The score was 28-10 at the half and your losing it over playcalling and the D not playing well? Confucious say Tis better to run when thats what the defense is giving ya..take it easy.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 01:09 AM
Obscentities

OU-HSV
11/25/2007, 01:12 AM
Obscentities
Wasn't me. I was yelling from my recliner chair...but mainly good yelling.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 01:15 AM
Wasn't me. I was yelling from my recliner chair...but mainly good yelling.

STEP wife asked me what was wrong with that guy and I told her it was a noob..Then I had to explain noobness to her

LoyalFan
11/25/2007, 06:52 AM
Spell check on Aisle Three!

Obscenities... and that, as 'tis said, is THAT!

About that "noobness"...can't we all just get along and dream of "Boobness"?

LF
Manning the Courtesy Desk

OUinFLA
11/25/2007, 07:39 AM
STEP wife asked me what was wrong with that guy and I told her it was a noob..Then I had to explain noobness to her

I try not to use "forum terms" around my wife.
Cause then I have to spend several minutes explaning to her what the term means, how it came about, and why it is used.
By then the effect of using the term is lost in the wind.

She's such a n00b.

TripleOption14
11/25/2007, 08:27 AM
What is the point of starting this thread I mean honestly.

swardboy
11/25/2007, 08:34 AM
"STEP" wife?

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2007, 08:36 AM
What is the point of starting this thread I mean honestly.
to gripe about an idiot.

Like the guy that was sitting behind me whining about how "slow" Patrick was. What an idiot.

What is the point of asking what his point is?

sanantoniosooner
11/25/2007, 08:38 AM
"STEP" wife?
STEP=Stoops The Eternal Pimp

ruf/nekdad
11/25/2007, 09:21 AM
What is the point of asking what his point is?
Trying to make a point by asking what's the point of asking what the point is?

okienole3
11/25/2007, 09:31 AM
Obscentities

hears not heres

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 10:09 AM
Thank you spell checkers.It was late.

I will not use forum words around the wife again.
SAS explained the wife.
The point of the thread is he said word for word some of the posts that I ve read here, so I would not be surprised if he posted on this board.

MojoRisen
11/25/2007, 10:22 AM
We ran all over them and opened up the pass - no complaints ~ but that doesn't mean we can do that to everyone. Patrick looked fast like him old self hitting those holes- which were there.

2nd half D played great - we definitely missed an experienced DE with that zone read early- I watched on TV and Beal would tackle the running back and give up the edge - Robinson would keep it and go right off tackle. Clearly Beal was supposed to take the back though - as he did that all game.

For the guy complaining at the game- this was our best game in a while :)

Flagstaffsooner
11/25/2007, 10:44 AM
I try not to use "forum terms" around my wife.
Cause then I have to spend several minutes explaning to her what the term means, how it came about, and why it is used.
By then the effect of using the term is lost in the wind.

She's such a n00b.I've learned not to use the board vernacular around the rest of the world. Ever tried to explain pron at work?

usmc-sooner
11/25/2007, 11:43 AM
I've always wondered the same thing. I want to turn and tell them, they can't hear you. Now when they get to shouting obscenities, I will say something. Although it's only happened twice. Once with my daughter a guy beside me kept dropping the f bomb, he actually saw me looking and said my bad and then apologized to my daughter, so I guess I've only had to say something once. I think most people get caught up in emotion and if you ask them, they understand, and some people are just tools. I'm glad I sit with a good group of people.

stoopified
11/25/2007, 12:57 PM
Trying to make a point by asking what's the point of asking what the point is?
So its pointless ?Is that your point? :)

ruf/nekdad
11/25/2007, 01:25 PM
I am disappointed in having to point it out.

SWFloridaSooner
11/25/2007, 01:28 PM
I was going to post but decided it was pointless.

ruf/nekdad
11/25/2007, 01:33 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/992/77rupdate3kh7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AverageJoe
11/25/2007, 01:40 PM
Everytime OU ran the ball today and screaming at Wilson and Venables all game. 2 things.

1. Neither one heres you but the 8 year old boy sitting in front of me did.
2. The score was 28-10 at the half and your losing it over playcalling and the D not playing well? Confucious say Tis better to run when thats what the defense is giving ya..take it easy.

OMG you had one of those to? I had one but had a talk with him at the half. Good guy that has sat a few rows above me for years. He just had a little too much of the brew before the game. He calmed down after our chat. The only time I ripped Wilson yesterday was when he set Sammy up on the interception. That was a very BAD play call that deep in the zone and so was that 3 and 1 pass deep in the zone as well. But other than that it was a solid play and excuting day. Line got a little week for a second right after the half that also cause those plays not to work, but that pass play for the INT just set Sammy up I called INT before the ball was snapped everyone around could see it coming a mile away. That was Wilson's fault, not Sammy's.

AJ

OUinFLA
11/25/2007, 02:43 PM
I've learned not to use the board vernacular around the rest of the world. Ever tried to explain pron at work?

pron can't be explained. Otherwise it would be in the FAQ.

It must be like Sooner Ringtones.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 02:50 PM
What if you said to your Wife...

"Honey...would you polish my noob?"

Would she understand that? ;) :D

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 02:53 PM
I wasn't screaming curse words but I did catch myself saying a F-word a few times and there was a 12 yr old kid next to me. I caught myself and didn't do it again.

I wouldn't have liked it if he done it around my kid.

Seamus
11/25/2007, 03:33 PM
stoopid gooNerz showting cuss werds in fr0ntah da littel wons. Sho some class, goonerZ!!!!!1!11!!!1!

yermom
11/25/2007, 03:47 PM
personally, i thought all the running was hilarious

running and getting the first down on 3rd and 7, twice?

pwn3d

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 04:24 PM
personally, i thought all the running was hilarious

running and getting the first down on 3rd and 7, twice?

pwn3d

I did too. This guy next to me was asking why OU was running on 3 and 7 and I said because their getting first downs doing it. I thought it was pretty good also at one point Sam had 3 TD passes and barely 90 yards passing

ruf/nekdad
11/25/2007, 04:57 PM
pron can't be explained. Otherwise it would be in the FAQ.

It must be like Sooner Ringtones.

A dyslexic guy walks into a bra and says give me some pron...

lexsooner
11/25/2007, 05:19 PM
In no way am I defending how this foul-mouth guy acted, but I have discovered over the years that sporting events attract some of the lowest class people I have ever seen - crude, foul-mouthed, drunk, low intellect, loud, etc. I think you have to consider the risks every time you take kids or other loved ones to a ball game. Go to a ball game, listen to sports talks shows, and the lowest elements in society come out of the woodwork, risking to lower everyone's i.q. around them.

I went to my first NFL game a month ago in Cincy, and there were some Jets fans sitting in front of us, not causing anyone any trouble. Well, during the game some Bengals fans above threw some AA batteries at these guys. I thought the crowd as a whole was rough, and the potential for a fight was always there. Then there were the ants in their pants can't keep seated gotta get more beer or pee excuse me excuse me again fans who kept coming and going. Interesting experience, but I don't think I will go to too many NFL games in the future.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 05:21 PM
In no way am I defending how this foul-mouth guy acted, but I have discovered over the years that sporting events attract some of the lowest class people I have ever seen - crude, foul-mouthed, drunk, low intellect, loud, etc. I think you have to consider the risks every time you take kids or other loved ones to a ball game. Go to a ball game, listen to sports talks shows, and the lowest elements in society come out of the woodwork, risking to lower everyone's i.q. around them.

I went to my first NFL game a month ago in Cincy, and there were some Jets fans sitting in front of us, not causing anyone any trouble. Well, during the game some Bengals fans above threw some AA batteries at these guys. I thought the crowd as a whole was rough, and the potential for a fight was always there. Then there were the ants in their pants can't keep seated gotta get more beer or pee excuse me excuse me again fans who kept coming and going. Interesting experience, but I don't think I will go to too many NFL games in the future.

Oh the NFL experience is a whole different thing. I wouldnt take my kids to a NFL game.

Of course, Cincy has more thugs on the field than they do in the stands.

yermom
11/25/2007, 05:29 PM

man, i hate the "ants in the pants" people as well... i wish i was more in the middle of the row so people didn't have to walk by all the damn time. maybe if you weren't sneaking beers all game you wouldn't have to get up so much...

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 07:06 PM
I have been to a games in Dallas, Denver and KC and never had any issues with idiots in our area.I am sure the night games are a bit worse for behavior since most have been consuming all day. I have seen a few being hauled out from acting like an *** from a little further away.

A few NBA games have been the worst, Dallas Stars fans were pretty bad as well.

It also reminded me of a DUH article in the Statesman yesterday...

Statesman.com - Study finds UT students drink most on big football game days (http://www.statesman.com/search/content/news/stories/local/11/24/1124collegedrink.html)
Saturday, November 24, 2007

University of Texas students tend to drink more on the days of big football games than on traditional party days such as New Year's Eve or the last day of classes, according to a new study.

The study monitored 541 randomly selected students who entered as freshmen in 2004. The students were surveyed about their alcohol use before entering UT and then daily through the Web during the 2004 and 2005 football seasons.

"It's important for us to know what are the particularly high-risk events for college drinking," said Kim Fromme, a UT psychologist and co-author of the study with Dan Neal of Kent State University.

A report on the study, Hook 'em Horns and Heavy Drinking: Alcohol Use and Collegiate Sports, appears in the November issue of the journal Addictive Behaviors.

It is thought to be the first study of drinking patterns across a full sports season and the first to look for links between sports-related drinking and risky behavior.

The study found that drinking was heaviest during high-profile games, but it noted that games occurring during breaks — such as Friday's contest between UT and Texas A&M University — may be exceptions because many students are home with their families.

One event cited in the study occurred Oct. 8, 2005, when UT played the University of Oklahoma in Dallas. The study found that students had an average of 31/2 drinks — higher consumption than was found during New Year's Eve, Halloween and the weekend before finals.

The study found that socially active women drank more when the Longhorns played out of town.

The drinking occurred at watch parties and sports bars.

"For women, college game days represent more of a social occasion," Fromme said.

"The biggest problem is what other kinds of behavioral risks they engage in when drinking. That includes driving afterwards or going home with a new sexual partner," she said.

Drinking among male students spiked for all Longhorn games, be they home or away. The study said that could be because men are more likely than women to attend tailgate parties.

"Clearly, students have the means and the opportunity to consume alcohol regardless of whether the game is held on campus and they chose to attend, or whether the game is away and they watch on television," the study said.

Chuck Roper, alcohol and drug education coordinator for UT, said the school deals with more alcohol-related incidents after big football games.

"I don't think this (study) is going to raise any eyebrows around UT," he said.

Intervention at sports bars and fraternity and sorority events could help, the study suggests, but Fromme said changes in drinking will have to be social and cultural.

"Only when it is less acceptable to be drunk during college football games will we see changes," she said. "I don't think we can legally control this behavior."

Now, is anybody surprised by this study? I didn't think so.

badger
11/25/2007, 07:38 PM
Somebody behind me was yelling at the aggies a lot and when the crowd for some strange reason, hmm, got really quiet, he yelled "Get that orange outta our stadium!" I said quietly back "Shhh! Injury..."

That shut him up :)

goingoneight
11/25/2007, 07:48 PM
I really wish people would quit griping about who has the worst fans. It sucks that some people are classless *******s, but there is not a single fanbase that is short of them. I was treated like **** in Stillwater in 2002, and again in Lincoln in 2005. These fanbases pride themselves in their "class" fanbases while pointing fingers at Sooner fans all along. NTTAWWT, just sayin' look around without your orange-colored glasses next time you throw a hissy fit about a drunk fan. :les: IT'S DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!!!111!!!!11

You want to see some rude fans, go see an NFL game... a place where no one cares about representing an institution or fanbase. Go see a grass fairy... errr... soccer game overseas. You'll be lucky to get out of there without some kind of physical or emotional battle scars.

mikeelikee
11/25/2007, 10:21 PM
The only time I let go with a few choice words (at home, by the way), was when we tried the deep pass to Finley on 3rd and 1, after we'd been gashing them all day on the ground. That incompletion resulted in our only punt of the day.

SoonerGirl06
11/25/2007, 11:09 PM
I've learned not to use the board vernacular around the rest of the world. Ever tried to explain pron at work?

Yeah... I tried using that term once.

Everyone asked me what the hell "shrimp" had to do with the conversation.

Go figure.

badger
11/26/2007, 11:11 AM
I think some less intelligent fans may think that running all the time is bad, but more intelligent fans may realize that OU does not want to give away all it's tricks before the extremely important games, like the Big 12 and bowl game.

If you can win by running over and over against Popcorn State, why pull a trick play out when it'd be best to use it against a real opponent, like Texas?

sanantoniosooner
11/26/2007, 12:52 PM
Remember that one year we saved ALL our tricks until the season was over?;)

Animal Mother
11/26/2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry about the language STEP.Please tell the eight year old kid next to you the cussing wouldn't have been so audible but I forgot to close the living room window.

fwsooner22
11/26/2007, 01:08 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH!