PDA

View Full Version : Please confirm

MI Sooner
11/24/2007, 11:15 PM
We're officially dead now right -- for the BCS championship game? WVU and tOSU are done playing and have one loss. I guess it's not impossible that we'd be ahead of a BCS school with one loss, since I think we'll be ahead of Kansas if we beat Missouri, but there's no way we jump WVU or OSU, right? Even if we win by 40?

sooneron
11/24/2007, 11:16 PM
No.
Way.

All_Day_28
11/24/2007, 11:17 PM
We're officially dead now right -- for the BCS championship game? WVU and tOSU are done playing and have one loss. I guess it's not impossible that we'd be ahead of a BCS school with one loss, since I think we'll be ahead of Kansas if we beat Missouri, but there's no way we jump WVU or OSU, right? Even if we win by 40?
WV plays Pitt next week.

Sooner Among The Pack
11/24/2007, 11:22 PM
Almost zero chance. Big question mark is how far the voters drop LSU and Kansas (assuming they do not come back). Most likely, LSU and Kansas will stay ahead of us, and we won't be higher than 8th in the BCS going into the Big XII Title Game.

Best case scenario has us 6th in the BCS (ahead of LSU and Kansas), needing:

(1) a win in the Big XII title game;
(2) a WVU loss to Pitt;
(3) a VT loss to BC in the ACC title game;
(4) jump an idle Georgia.

brown town sooner
11/24/2007, 11:25 PM
Better luck next season for the BCS Title. We need to win the big 12, win our bowl game (hopefully a BCS bowl game) and then get ready to be pre-season #1 next year and hopefully live up to the hype.

sooneron
11/24/2007, 11:27 PM
Almost zero chance. Big question mark is how far the voters drop LSU and Kansas (assuming they do not come back). If LSU and Kansas stay ahead of us, we won't be higher than 8th in the BCS going into the Big XII Title Game.

Best case scenario has us 6th in the BCS (ahead of LSU and Kansas), needing:

(1) a win in the Big XII title game;
(2) a WVU loss to Pitt;
(3) a VT loss to BC in the ACC title game;
(4) jump an idle Georgia.

So you're saying there's a chance...
http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes1203/dumb144.jpeg
:D

rubyspirit
11/24/2007, 11:28 PM
We should be higher than KU and LSU after their losses. If not, I hate the polls.

Sooner Among The Pack
11/24/2007, 11:33 PM
FWIW, Kirk and Brent are onto the "crazy" scenario I described on the KU/MU broadcast, and they also conclude that it'd come down to Georgia and OU.

The way WVU looked today, I don't see how they lose next week to Pitt.

jccouger
11/24/2007, 11:34 PM
Why should we be higher then LSU?

Sooner Among The Pack
11/24/2007, 11:36 PM
Why should we be higher then LSU?

Exactly. Two triple overtime losses to very good opponents. That's why I'm pretty sure they will only fall to about 4 or 5.

brown town sooner
11/24/2007, 11:40 PM
I agree....Mizzou beating KU tonight sets up LSU in my opinion. If OU beats MU then I think that will put LSU right back in the title game hunt.

bluedogok
11/24/2007, 11:56 PM
The way WVU looked today, I don't see how they lose next week to Pitt.
Hasn't that been said about a bunch of teams this season?

Chrisrokc
11/24/2007, 11:57 PM
Kirkherbistreet said there was a chance haha. Anyways for whatever it is worth there is a 1% chance. LOL

Ash
11/25/2007, 12:04 AM
It's confirmed, n00b, we're going to the big 12 championship game against a tough Mizzou team. I'll be looking forward to it. I hope we sack up and play well and get that trophy.

colleyvillesooner
11/25/2007, 12:04 AM
Exactly. Two triple overtime losses to very good opponents. That's why I'm pretty sure they will only fall to about 4 or 5.

Arkansas is a very good team? Someone should tell them. To me LSU was a little overrated.

Vaevictis
11/25/2007, 12:08 AM

Two currently unranked opponents who are now 7-4 and 8-4. That's really not that different from our losses to 6-6 and 8-4 teams. The separation doesn't occur there. (and, IMO, I don't give a damn about overtime in this case -- all four of those losses were decided by one score in the end.)

Come Monday, Missouri moves up (slightly) Texas moves down (likely quite a bit), Florida and Auburn move up (a bit). That's where the separation occurs. They have wins over three ranked opponents. We have two.

GottaHavePride
11/25/2007, 12:12 AM
It's confirmed, n00b, we're going to the big 12 championship game against a tough Mizzou team. I'll be looking forward to it. I hope we sack up and play well and get that trophy.

Exactly.

JUST WIN.

The VIIIth
11/25/2007, 12:13 AM
I agree....Mizzou beating KU tonight sets up LSU in my opinion. If OU beats MU then I think that will put LSU right back in the title game hunt.

Will OU benefit from a win over a now highly ranked Mizzou team? Will the quality win points in the BCS poll be enough to get us to 6th or so?

GottaHavePride
11/25/2007, 12:18 AM
Count me as cornfused. Why does it matter how high a win over Mizzou will jump us? Big XII Champ gets an automatic BCS bowl bid. We aren't going to the National Championship game unless a LOT of improbably ridiculous things happen, so no worries.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 12:19 AM
Right now I could care less about the BCS game, just winning in San Antonio is all that matters at this time. There are too many games left to worry about what you can't control.

mdklatt
11/25/2007, 12:37 AM
We should be higher than KU

Why?

Curly Bill
11/25/2007, 12:51 AM
Why?

We beat Mizzu and they didn't? That would be my guess what someone might answer, and throwing in Kansas' weak schedule, but I'm with you: why would we be ranked higher then Kansas?

stoopified
11/25/2007, 01:58 AM
Right now I could care less about the BCS game, just winning in San Antonio is all that matters at this time. There are too many games left to worry about what you can't control.
True dat BUT this is a football board and we DO talk about OU could do.Gotta kill time until 7PM in San Antonio don't ya know?

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 02:05 AM

WVU vs OSU in that scenario. LSU out of the MNC

SOONER44EVER
11/25/2007, 02:13 AM
Why?
Exactly. We lost to 2 unranked teams and they lost to the #4 team. They lost once and we lost twice. As far as a national title game goes we're done.

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 02:27 AM
Any chance of USC playing for the title? If OU can't make it into the title game, I sure as Hell don't want them being able. I can stomach a national title from any team other than them.

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 02:38 AM
Any chance of USC playing for the title? If OU can't make it into the title game, I sure as Hell don't want them being able. I can stomach a national title from any team other than them.

Uuuhm! USC will have to do some illegal s**t to get to the MNC. Worst possible scenario OSU vs ASU, most likely OSU vs WVU. JMHO

illinisooner
11/25/2007, 02:43 AM
Better luck next season for the BCS Title. We need to win the big 12, win our bowl game (hopefully a BCS bowl game) and then get ready to be pre-season #1 next year and hopefully live up to the hype.

Exactly. Start out high and avoid an Auburn 2004 scenario. Think about all the love Texas got prior to the 2005 season due to their Rose Bowl win...finish strong and people will remember that in the off season. Beat Mizzou, blow someone out in the Fiesta Bowl, and get ready to defend that preseason #1 ranking next year.

rhombic21
11/25/2007, 02:59 AM
If WVU loses to Pitt and we beat Missouri, I think we have a pretty good chance to play for the BCS title. But it's probably a moot point because Pitt is horrible and I don't see any way that WVU loses to them. And we'll have a very tough time beating Missouri.

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 03:08 AM
If WVU loses to Pitt and we beat Missouri, I think we have a pretty good chance to play for the BCS title. But it's probably a moot point because Pitt is horrible and I don't see any way that WVU loses to them. And we'll have a very tough time beating Missouri.

If this happens, OSU vs ASU will happen. OU has no shot at MNC.:confused: :confused:

silverwheels
11/25/2007, 03:15 AM
If this happens, OSU vs ASU will happen. OU has no shot at MNC.:confused: :confused:

The same Arizona State team that got blown out by USC at home on Thanksgiving? No.

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 03:21 AM
The same Arizona State team that got blown out by USC at home on Thanksgiving? No.

Okay, take your pick, OSU vs ?. Unfortunately, it will no be OU.

silverwheels
11/25/2007, 03:26 AM
Okay, take your pick, OSU vs ?. Unfortunately, it will no be OU.

It's not probable, but not impossible. It's looking like West Virginia and Ohio State to me. Or if Missouri beats us then it's West Virginia and Missouri. The Buckeyes need either Pitt or Oklahoma to win next week for them to get in.

utex74
11/25/2007, 03:32 AM

Wasn't Arkansas unranked? I could be wrong here.

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 03:33 AM
It's not probable, but not impossible. It's looking like West Virginia and Ohio State to me. Or if Missouri beats us then it's West Virginia and Missouri. The Buckeyes need either Pitt or Oklahoma to win next week for them to get in.

Yeah, you are right. I hope it's WVU and whoever. Great hunting up in those WV hills. I'm heading that way on Dec 21.

rhombic21
11/25/2007, 03:35 AM
If OU beats Missouri and WVU loses to Pitt, then you're essentially choosing from 2 loss teams. Kansas only has one loss, but they haven't played anybody but Missouri this year and they lost that game, plus they won't play for a conference championship. Georgia is idle and isn't even playing for their conference championship. VT is playing BC in an ACC game that almost nobody will pay any attention to. LSU will be playing a Tennessee team that's ranked in the mid-teens. USC finishes against UCLA, which lost to Notre Dame, and they're ranked too low to be in the mix.

OU would have just beaten the #1 team in the nation, and a lot of people would probably consider the fact that our second loss came with Bradford out of the game, and we still only lost by a TD. If we come out and beat Missouri, a lot of people would probably interpret that to mean that the Tech loss was a fluke and only happened because Bradford was hurt. We would have a very good chance to jump everybody except OSU in that scenario. It would be close with LSU, but then again, that's assuming that LSU even wins the SEC title game.

Again, probably a moot argument because I don't see any way that WVU loses to Pitt.

brown town sooner
11/25/2007, 10:14 AM
I don't think there is any way in any scenario that OU can make up enough ground in the BCS computer rankings which is 1/3rd of the formula. I don't see the pollsters putting enough into the fact that Bradford was out for the Tech game. The loss to Tech came too late in the season. If OU beats Tech we're not sitting here trying to come up with "what ifs" The best we can hope for is that OU will beat Mizzou soundly in a nationally televised game and then get a Fiesta Bowl bid against a quality opponent that they can get a win over and set up the pre-season #1 rank for next year. JMHO

MojoRisen
11/25/2007, 10:31 AM
Fiesta Bowl opponent - Someone throw out some scenarios that do not have us playing an over rated ASU team at home or a friggen WAC team if and win we blow up Mizzou.

Any chance of playing Georgia or someone with nastalgia? Any chance we play Kansas?

insuranceman_22
11/25/2007, 11:56 AM
We're out of the MNC game, that's just how it is. We need to put our sights on Mizzou and let the bowl chips fall where they may. Utex makes a good point above, I don't remember seeing Arkie ranked anywhere....for that matter I don't see Kentucky ranked either. Les and the Bayou Bengals underachieved this year, they're not playing for all the marbles either I don't believe. WVU vs. either Mizzou (which I don't think will happen) or OSU will probably be it.

TXBOOMER
11/25/2007, 12:22 PM
Losses to the shatty buffs and matadors ended any chance of a NC this year. We just need to beat Mizzou's arse and show up and play some ball in the Fiesta Bowl this time. We can prove we are as good as any team if we do that.

TXBOOMER
11/25/2007, 12:23 PM
F the buckeyes!