PDA

View Full Version : So, it looks like it's going to be Mizzou...

8timechamps
11/24/2007, 10:41 PM
And to be quite honest, I am more than a little concerned.

While I don't agree with Mushmouth's comments during the KU/MU game (That Mizzou had the game won, and they gave it to us in Norman), I will say that Missouri has a very good team this year.

Not to mention that Temple wasn't playing when we saw them the first time around.

With all of that said, I still think we win and go on to a BCS bowl.

I'm thinking it'll be a 35-28 type game.

insuranceman_22
11/24/2007, 11:02 PM
You're right, Temple was missing the first time and he's good. I think we'll be fine, it's really depends on which OU shows up in San Antonio. We have the talent to beat anybody in the country, but we don't always have the fortitude. We make dumb plays occassionally and it's bitten our butt several times. If we'll mentally prepare and go out and execute, ala OSU we'll do well (okay, a couple of misfires there too, but not many)

Ever
11/24/2007, 11:06 PM
Depends - how much do you think the Defense learned from the Tech game and will they be as worn down going in to San Antonio as they were today?

MI Sooner
11/24/2007, 11:10 PM
Our offense needs to come out aggressive and we can't take a couple possessions to feel things out. I fear we'll need to average better than a field goal per possession to win. I love Missouri's offense, and I was surprised to see how good Temple looked. I hadn't seen Missouri play much except for when he was out. I really like how they'll run reverses multiple times per game if it's working.

Any word on English? Our d-line will be the key, and he's the only one with the motor and speed to consistently pressure Daniel.

ruf/nekdad
11/24/2007, 11:10 PM
I think its going to one hell of a ball game. I think I'll just go ahead and have my heart attack now and get it over with.

sooneron
11/24/2007, 11:13 PM
I can't remember the last time that I expected to lose going into a game. Did you hear Brent and Kirk? They said that more than half the misery offense are like the greatest weapons evar!!!

StoopTroup
11/24/2007, 11:14 PM
Not so fast my friend...

KU is still trying....

http://endofbench.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/corso.jpg

;) :D :pop:

Redgiant2
11/24/2007, 11:58 PM
Vulnerables has shot his wad as far as Missouri is concerned. Kansas went after them the same way OU did and they learned from their mistakes the first time. Perhaps they can still outscore them?

TripleOption14
11/25/2007, 12:03 AM
Is it just me or can everyone foresee the gameplan already for OU. Run the ball and keep the Mizzou offense off the field. Run it Run it Run it Run it. Will this work??? Guess we will see.

Blues1
11/25/2007, 12:05 AM
We Will Win.....
Blues1

sooneron
11/25/2007, 12:07 AM
Is it just me or can everyone foresee the gameplan already for OU. Run the ball and keep the Mizzou offense off the field. Run it Run it Run it Run it. Will this work??? Guess we will see.
I seem to remember being pretty impressed with their front seven. Face it, our D sucks. we're going to need two more turnovers than they get.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 12:07 AM
My corso itches.

evergreen1310
11/25/2007, 12:15 AM
We really need Austin English to get in there and get QB pressure. I still believe with him, we don't lose to Tech. The guy is a beast and we need him. I think he's the key to winning. Can he go next week though?

GottaHavePride
11/25/2007, 12:16 AM
We could use Auston English, too. Those guys are both good.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/25/2007, 12:18 AM
or Austen English

Zoo Keeper
11/25/2007, 12:20 AM
I think its going to one hell of a ball game.

Agree...no matter who wins, it's going to be a hell of a game. Should make fans on both sides go into cardiac arrest.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 12:21 AM
My corso itches.
Better get some cream for that......

OU-HSV
11/25/2007, 12:24 AM
We need to play a lot better than we have on both sides of the ball. Mainly on defense. Mizzou looks to be playing better as this season gets later and they look to want to throw a ton still (which we all know has been trouble for us this year)...but their ground game was great tonight too. Looks to be a tougher matchup than our first go around, but I think we'll come out of it w/another Big12 title trophy in the end.

okiewaker
11/25/2007, 12:26 AM
It's kind of weird to be in the spoiler position. This sucks!

rainiersooner
11/25/2007, 12:26 AM
or Austen English

Or Jane Austen, who is English.

BoulderSooner79
11/25/2007, 12:29 AM

Not against Mizzou - it was the right thing to do against Okie lite as they are bad against the run. It was a great opportunity to protect Sam with only 15 pass attempts and control the game, but we will not be able to ram it down MUs throat like that. We'll have to mix it up (but I agree about keeping MU offense on the sideline).

This is going to be a tough one vs. the first meeting. Neutral field, English and Murray likely out. MU coming in confident off a big win and having Temple back.

The good news is that we beat them more handily than the media admits. Yeah, we let them back in with a couple of silly mistakes, but then won going away. The last TD was a gimme as they were running out the clock for us, so why stop them. It was really a 17pt victory in spirit. Sam looked very sharp today and has another week to get better. AP looked sharp and was a little more patient and hung onto the ball. I don't remember a blatant drop by the receivers (only 4 incompletes total and 1 was a pick). This will be a game for Stoops and company to earn their pay - and I think they will !:D

tommieharris91
11/25/2007, 12:59 AM
I don't think Maclin played in the first game, either.

OU-HSV
11/25/2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah Maclin played...I remember seeing him. He did decent, he's a hell of an athlete

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2007-2008/07_mu.html#GAME.IND

kevpks
11/25/2007, 01:02 AM

Maclin fumbled the ball on an end around against us. It was Temple that didn't play.

OU-HSV
11/25/2007, 01:08 AM
Maclin fumbled the ball on an end around against us. It was Temple that didn't play.
yep

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 01:09 AM
Zaslaw had one real drop in the end zone, but then it was only the second or third pass they threw to him today. Finley got the TD pass either the next play or the one after.

76soonergrad
11/25/2007, 01:59 AM
With our talent, and with our injuries, going into the game next week...
Missouri has momentum. They are clicking on all four cylinders. No doubt their coaches have studied the last games' film. Look at that spread offense.

Chase Daniel has improved since OUr last meeting.

As for us...Love our team and all...Is Sam the leader that Chase is? We will need a strong running game to be in it. And, our defense has to hold them.

Is DM out for next week? His punt returns make a difference.

My dilemma...I live in Buckeye country. I am so sick of the Bucknuts. They think they are God's gift. They play nobody. It's like a religion here. These folks don't even know the Big 12 exists--Well, until tonight.

Coverage is all coastal in college football. East coast gets love, and the west. Plus the Big 10. Our conference is in "flyover" country. That pretty much sums it up.

I really don't want tosu in the NCG. I love my Sooners. Arrgh!

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 02:07 AM
They are clicking on all four cylinders.

I know gas prices are high, but where I live we use eight cylinders in our vehicles.

Missouri will possibly be favored over us when we play. (Heh, here we go again.)

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 02:13 AM
Two things working against Mizzou: they've never been this far along (at least in the past 47 years or so), so it's going to be difficult, and the second is, can they get up as high again emotionally as they had to do tonight? Methinks not.

Okay, Mizzou looks pretty good. But we're not exactly chopped liver. I still think their defense is pretty suspect, particularly against the pass. But then, the same could be said of us.

Kicking game will be huge. We won't have Murray, so it'll be up to Iglesias and Smith and Franks to get it done. And do not kick to Maclin, is all I can say.

76soonergrad
11/25/2007, 02:17 AM
Well, that's all about betting. And there are Sooner fans who will pony up every time.

Bottom line, Missouri looked impressive in this win. We came off a loss at TT to play at home against the aggies.

Still, Live on University.

cvsooner
11/25/2007, 02:37 AM
You know, in some ways it will be nice to go in as the underdog. I like it.

soonermeteor
11/25/2007, 03:25 AM
Mandel's take on the loss:

While Kansas will always be Missouri's most hated nemesis, the Sooners have emerged in recent years as their most tortuous. Pinkel has lost all four meetings with Bob Stoops' team, with the most recent defeat a classic case of, "letting one slip away," said Daniel.

The Tigers took a 24-23 lead into the fourth quarter of that Oct. 13 contest before a series of uncharacteristic mistakes -- most notably two Daniel interceptions -- sent the Sooners on their way to a lopsided finish.

Missouri outgained Oklahoma on the night (418 to 384), and quite literally let the lead slip through their hands when safety Pig Brown (who later sustained a season-ending injury) failed to haul in a Sam Bradford interception in the end zone. Moments later, Oklahoma scored to go up 29-24 and eventually gained a decisive 41-24 lead in the final minutes.

....but but but [hairGel] we let them win

If you want to start nit-picking, you could go back to the Colorado loss and point out Reggie's muffed punt and such things in the fourth quarter that "gave" them the game, which means OU should then technically still be playing for the national title. :rolleyes: How can you even start pointing to missed interceptions and crap like that?

All this garbage about mizzou giving us that win has made me want to pound them more next week.

1890MilesToNorman
11/25/2007, 08:48 AM
Missou is going into uncharted territory for their program, 1st Big 12 Championship with a potential BCS Championship on the line.

I think Saturday nights game will depend on how Missou handles this pressure, will they be relaxed and play the way the know how or will the pressure cause them to make mistakes and fold (with a little help from the Sooners)? Oklahoma knows this road all to well, been there and done that. The first time can be disastrous for a team. We shall see.

I wouldn't miss this game for anything, GO SOONERS

swardboy
11/25/2007, 08:51 AM
MU goes into the game KNOWING we are their master.....a quick OU start and it's downhill from there.......I hope

ruf/nekdad
11/25/2007, 09:12 AM
Or Jane Austen, who is English.

Or Austin Healy which was made in England.

Blitzkrieg
11/25/2007, 09:51 AM
Temple is not anything to fear, those sweeps that were killing the jayhawks will be 1 yard losses against our linebackers. If you didn't notice, KU was a step slow on defense, and that's deadly against the Missouri run game. The only yards Ou gives up on the ground are on QB draws, and I'd gladly trade some Daniel scrambles for the chance to get a few shots on him.

If Mu gets the numero uno ranking, the pressure will be on them for the first time ever, and I mean first time ever. We've seen what that pressure can do, we've been on the other side of it many, many times.

I think OU is almost as good offensively, and is still better defensively. To me, the real advanatge is in coaching, and the fact Stoops knows how to handle the pressure of interviews, media attention, family wanting tickets, Jim Rome wanting to jump on your bandwagon, etc. I think coaches tend to really draw up and be conservative at the wrong times in these types of games, and Ou has nothing to lose.

If MU beats us, I'll be the biggest MU fan in the world in the BCS title game, but I really think OU plays the spoiler and wins and covers the spread.

soonersn2007
11/25/2007, 10:00 AM
I hope all the pundits pick Mizzou, let them dog our team and say how "they" gave the game away last time. Nothing could motivate our team more than that kind of BS talk.

bluedogok
11/25/2007, 02:46 PM
You know, in some ways it will be nice to go in as the underdog. I like it.
I agree, I think that mentality really helped the 2000 team. They played with a chip on their shoulder and with a purpose. It seems all too often players read the press clippings and in the words of Nate Newton "start smelling themselves" and believing all the crap they read. If all they read and hear this week is Missouri should have won the previous game and should run through them like crap through a goose, all the better.

Mizzou is just the flavor of the week, just like anywhere else, it's time to change the flavor.

Sooner Eclipse
11/25/2007, 03:28 PM
If we can get AE back, or at least get decent DE play from those remaining and limit TOs we will win.

Went back and watched the oct game vs MU last night after the KU/MU game. Except for prevent time and 2 series in the 3rd qtr, we handled them well.

They claim that they gave us the game? Lets see:
1st half- their only TD came off of a Iggy fumble in our end of the field. Their FG came against a prevent secondary at the final seconds of the first half.

2nd half- at 23-10, they mount a nice drive and score. We take the KO and fumble the runback around midfield - short field TD for MU on a TO. The last TD was against a prevent D in garbage time.

They "earned" 1 TD that wasn't either against a prevent or the result of a TO.

Watching the KU game, our D is much faster and more agressive than KU. Chase will not have the time to look like a worldbeater against us. They were doing nothing different against KU that they did against us.

Offensively, as long as Sam stays on target we'll do well because they will try to force him to beat them, limiting the running game.

Flying Scotsman
11/25/2007, 03:36 PM
Or Autin Powers giving Chase Daniel same bad mojo, baby.

I tried.....

Jacie
11/25/2007, 03:48 PM
I know how history goes against football teams playing an opponent twice in a season but the Sooners have nothing to lose. Pinkie and the puzzycats will fold under pressure. This game will go to Oklahoma.

Pvt Joker7
11/25/2007, 03:51 PM
I hope so. Mizzou is playing for a national championship, we're playing for the Big XII, I hope our boys realize it's not gonna be like last time, they're gonna be on fire.

StoopTroup
11/25/2007, 03:55 PM
Pinkie and the puzzycats will fold under pressure.
Heh.

SPEK

:pop:

htownsooner7
11/25/2007, 04:30 PM
Sooners by double digits again. Just like this year AND last year at their place. What has changed? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. No reason to believe Mizzou wins.

ruf/nekdad
11/25/2007, 04:48 PM
Or Autin Powers giving Chase Daniel same bad mojo, baby.

I tried.....

Is OK, we all do what we can.:D

Leroy Lizard
11/25/2007, 08:45 PM
Oklahoma knows this road all to well, been there and done that.

Tell that to Kansas State.

I, for one, put no faith whatsoever in this "been there before" argument. The Big XII CCG is a home game for Missouri for all practical purposes.

josh09
11/25/2007, 09:06 PM
I think Bob will get the boys prepared both mentally and physically, but we'll see

SoonerKnight
11/25/2007, 09:09 PM

I, for one, put no faith whatsoever in this "been there before" argument. The Big XII CCG is a home game for Missouri for all practical purposes.

It is in San Antonio this year is it not? OU travels well! how is this a home game for Missouri?

sooneron
11/25/2007, 09:18 PM
It is in San Antonio this year is it not? OU travels well! how is this a home game for Missouri?
Didn't you know that mizzou grads flood the riverwalk in search of jobs blending 'ritas every June?

:rolleyes:

sooneron
11/25/2007, 09:21 PM
I think we have our hands full in this one, but Mandel is so far off base, he's retarded. MU had the lead early in the first half and for about 3 minutes stretching from the 3rd quarter until a couple of minutes into the fourth. After halftime, I wasn't really worried about that game, even when MU took the lead in the 3rd.
This is the game that I am worried about. It's tough to beat the same team twice, but it's the game we play in the big 12/sec/acc.
The only issue I see for MU is them coming in down after such a huge high the previous week. That was like a super bowl atmosphere for them.

BillyBall
11/26/2007, 11:24 PM
**** Missery, minus the Blake years, when have we lost to these clowns... Im glad they run a cute offense, we will whip their *** Saturday.

SoonerKnight
11/26/2007, 11:32 PM
Isn't their offense a high school offense because their QB is too dumb to learn a different offense? :rolleyes:

sendbaht
11/27/2007, 01:11 AM
"It is in San Antonio this year is it not? OU travels well! how is this a home game for Missouri?"

When the game is played in the South it is the North that is the home team. The next year the game is played in the North and the South winner is the home team.

SoonerKnight
11/27/2007, 03:49 AM
"It is in San Antonio this year is it not? OU travels well! how is this a home game for Missouri?"

When the game is played in the South it is the North that is the home team. The next year the game is played in the North and the South winner is the home team.
But it doesn't mean that OU won't have more fans there!!!!!!!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/27/2007, 09:59 AM
I know gas prices are high, but where I live we use eight cylinders in our vehicles.

Missouri will possibly be favored over us when we play. (Heh, here we go again.)

At least you expanded your vocabulary to include the word possibly. Although you are wrong again. OU is a 3-point favorite.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/27/2007, 10:08 AM

Which practical purpose is that. Are we talking circa 1835? That is like saying OU and MU meeting in Milwaukee is a practical home game for OU.

MU hasn't even sold out their portion of the tickets as of yesterday. It's not like a bunch of MU fans go into the season planning on going to the CCG like OU, Tex and Neb fans usuallly do.

SoonerWally
11/27/2007, 11:35 AM
Doesn't anyone remember this "mulligan" type argument that Misery is making? Sounds like 2002 all over again.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores102/102341/20021207NCAAFCOLORADO--0nr.htm